Everything Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CTIDANDREW View Post

My friend, I follow dozens of Manchester City dedicated news/twitter pages, and frequent bluemoon forum on a daily basis.

I have no knowledge of what you speak of, but please point me in the direction of that information if that is indeed true. We all have blind spots. Of course Middle East Politics may be in play there, which I admit know little about.
    From a competitive perspective, I'd expect City to not want more big money in the country. I'm sure Pool, Arsenal, United, etc. also didn't want City to get purchased by a oil sheik. It's all wild and complicated.
    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

From a competitive perspective, I'd expect City to not want more big money in the country. I'm sure Pool, Arsenal, United, etc. also didn't want City to get purchased by a oil sheik. It's all wild and complicated.
      Yes, I would have to assume every supporter of Manchester City at this point is well aware that Liverpool, Arsenal, United, and other members of the established PL cartel have done everything in their power to stifle Manchester City's ascent. Which I find funny, because the clubs you listed above are all owned by Billionaires as well, which could all very easily spend the money the sheik has, but instead look at their ownership of these clubs as an investment, and use FFP as the disguise for doing so.

However, I am more interested in where Rogue got the notion that Manchester City were at the forefront of trying to stop the (PIF) of Saudi Arabia from buying Newcastle?
      Based on the research I have done, the Royal family of UAE (Manchester City) are very close with the infamous American journalist killing Mohammed bin Salman.
      Therefore, I find it hard to believe this is true, and I have not heard anything about it.

Comment

• Manchester City, hands down, played a major role in the sale of Newcastle being blocked. Liverpool and Tottenham were also major players in the Premier League blocking the deal from happening. Truthfully, nobody really wanted it, but if you're looking for clubs that had their hands dirtier than others there are your culprits. LFC and Spurs were not as discreet about it, for sure. United and Arsenal were up near the top of the list, as you'd expect.

The front was piracy of matches, but if we're all being adults there, geopolitics and another threat at the top of the table was all it was. Which I am completely fine with. That's self preserving, self serving interest at play in the business of sport. The other clubs aren't going to say it out loud. Look how quickly clubs like City, Leipzig, PSG, Monaco, etc. all rose to the top of Europe with wealthy ownership. Does anyone in England want some oil billionaire to purchase a club like Newcastle or Blackpool? No. They will admit it but won't say the real reasons why.

FFP really has not punished anyone significantly, so whatever Fulham is or isn't doing, they need to do it better. And the American owned clubs had better realize that they're not dealing with the Oakland A's and Tampa Rays here. Outside of the Americas, nobody gives a shit about baseball and European football clubs are not being run like North American sports, FFP or not. Citah and Chelski can't be faulted for their ambition. They don't piss on the heads of their supporters and tell them it's raining, I'll give them that, and they sure as hell don't give a damn about Moneyball.
        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
          Manchester City, hands down, played a major role in the sale of Newcastle being blocked. Liverpool and Tottenham were also major players in the Premier League blocking the deal from happening. Truthfully, nobody really wanted it, but if you're looking for clubs that had their hands dirtier than others there are your culprits. LFC and Spurs were not as discreet about it, for sure. United and Arsenal were up near the top of the list, as you'd expect.

The front was piracy of matches, but if we're all being adults there, geopolitics and another threat at the top of the table was all it was. Which I am completely fine with. That's self preserving, self serving interest at play in the business of sport. The other clubs aren't going to say it out loud. Look how quickly clubs like City, Leipzig, PSG, Monaco, etc. all rose to the top of Europe with wealthy ownership. Does anyone in England want some oil billionaire to purchase a club like Newcastle or Blackpool? No. They will admit it but won't say the real reasons why.

FFP really has not punished anyone significantly, so whatever Fulham is or isn't doing, they need to do it better. And the American owned clubs had better realize that they're not dealing with the Oakland A's and Tampa Rays here. Outside of the Americas, nobody gives a shit about baseball and European football clubs are not being run like North American sports, FFP or not. Citah and Chelski can't be faulted for their ambition. They don't piss on the heads of their supporters and tell them it's raining, I'll give them that, and they sure as hell don't give a damn about Moneyball.
          I promise, I am not trying to be an a$$hole, but I am just asking you to cite this information? I'm honestly curious why you have come to that conclusion? I have not seen or heard one hint of that narrative.

What I can tell you through research is that royal family of UAE, and Mohammed bin Salman are reportedly very close. (https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-trump-215254/)
          Therefore, I find it hard to believe that one family would be blocking any major purchase of the others.
          Just my two cents.
          Last edited by CTIDANDREW; 04-01-2021, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTIDANDREW View Post

I promise, I am not trying to be an a$$hole, but I am just asking you to cite this information? I'm honestly curious why you have come to that conclusion? I have not seen or heard one hint of that narrative.

What I can tell you through research is that royal family of UAE, and Mohammed bin Salman are reportedly very close. (https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-trump-215254/)
            Therefore, I find it hard to believe that one family would be blocking any major purchase of the others.
            Just my two cents.
            https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...eover-18128853

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...stles-22444936

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...eover-18139966

The home states of the respective owners of City and Newcastle (should the deal go through) already have a complicated relationship, to put it mildly. Where Yemen was once used for a sitcom punchline in the 1990s, more recently it has been engaged in a civil war which is now in its sixth year. Tensions between Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have surfaced, as both countries are competing for spheres of influence in the region.

There’s clearly a lot riding on the Newcastle takeover. If it goes through and a new Saudi-Abu Dhabi competition begins on the fields of English football, it will occur at a very interesting time for City.
            Important to note that City had yet to win their appeal at the time and were banned from Champions League.

There was a great deal of pressure on Premier League clubs to reject the deal, and while City might be new money, they're now part of the club that is the Premier League. Geopolitics played a major role in this.
            It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...eover-18128853

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...stles-22444936

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...eover-18139966

Important to note that City had yet to win their appeal at the time and were banned from Champions League.

There was a great deal of pressure on Premier League clubs to reject the deal, and while City might be new money, they're now part of the club that is the Premier League. Geopolitics played a major role in this.
              Appreciate you sending those articles, but that is not proof. That is just two journalists opinion on the situation. I read both Manchester City articles (thanks for reminding me how annoying Manchester Evening News is with their ads. Ha), and I didn’t read any clear evidence that Manchester City owners were actively working to sabotage the Newcastle takeover.

Regardless, it seems like you have already made up your mind on this which is cool, I just don’t really see it the same way.

Comment

• I hope Gareth Southgate plans on going to the Euros with as many right backs not named Trent Alexander Arnold as possible. Excluding TAA from this last international break might be the best thing that ever happened to him. Roll with Trippier and Kyle Walker in the Euros. Plus Southgate doesn't rate Sancho and Graelish too? Hokeedokee.

Arsenal appear to have a situation with Auba that is similar to what they had with Ozil. Auba got a contract extension and the guy is practically invisible. For his talent and for what they are paying him, he's nowhere near the form he should be in. Very disappointing. Arsenal look like they have a pretty massive rebuild ahead of them.

Mighty Chelsea dropped points in epic fashion finally. They went down to ten men and absolutely pissed down their legs. To West Brom of all teams. Suprising.

This has to be Mourinho's last job in the Premier League. The guy just doesn't have it anymore and I'm willing to wager if he had an open checkbook at City or PSG his teams would probably still be terrible because he'd lose the locker room. Spurs are getting the antics but not the success to this point. Mourinho is a pain in the ass when he's winning, so you can only imagine what this experience is like when he's not.

Comment

• Was nice to see Pool get back on track against Arsenal. Wonder how many more points they'd have had Jota been available the whole season.

Dude scores goals.
                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

I hope Gareth Southgate plans on going to the Euros with as many right backs not named Trent Alexander Arnold as possible. Excluding TAA from this last international break might be the best thing that ever happened to him. Roll with Trippier and Kyle Walker in the Euros. Plus Southgate doesn't rate Sancho and Graelish too? Hokeedokee.

Arsenal appear to have a situation with Auba that is similar to what they had with Ozil. Auba got a contract extension and the guy is practically invisible. For his talent and for what they are paying him, he's nowhere near the form he should be in. Very disappointing. Arsenal look like they have a pretty massive rebuild ahead of them.

Mighty Chelsea dropped points in epic fashion finally. They went down to ten men and absolutely pissed down their legs. To West Brom of all teams. Suprising.

This has to be Mourinho's last job in the Premier League. The guy just doesn't have it anymore and I'm willing to wager if he had an open checkbook at City or PSG his teams would probably still be terrible because he'd lose the locker room. Spurs are getting the antics but not the success to this point. Mourinho is a pain in the ass when he's winning, so you can only imagine what this experience is like when he's not.
                    Mourinho's next stop is Dubai or China.

Comment

• Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post

Mourinho's next stop is Dubai or China.
                      I think punditry suits him perfectly.

Nothing is ever his fault. Players, referees, the other club cheating. It's all about him. Usually it take three years for him to wear out his welcome. He's done it at Spurs in less than two and during a global pandemic, no less.

Another checkbook manager. Best job he ever did was squeezing all he could out of Manchester United.

Comment

I think punditry suits him perfectly.

Nothing is ever his fault. Players, referees, the other club cheating. It's all about him. Usually it take three years for him to wear out his welcome. He's done it at Spurs in less than two and during a global pandemic, no less.

Another checkbook manager. Best job he ever did was squeezing all he could out of Manchester United.
                        I rather enjoyed him as a pundit
                        Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Not looking good for Liverpool.
                          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Some terrible officiating in the Man City game.
                            "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post
                              Some terrible officiating in the Man City game.
                              one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen. It wasn’t even close.

Comment

one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen. It wasn’t even close.
                                Especially with something as important as an away goal at stake. VAR can rule out goals for dudes having a pinky offside but can't fix that.

Comment

Some terrible officiating in the Man City game.
                                  Yeah, that guy had a real howler. Awful.

Comment

• Gareth Southgate was at Anfield to see that beautiful strike by Trent for the win.

Comment

• Women's friendly US (1) vs Sweden (5) on Fox Sports.
                                      0-0 at about 28
                                      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Which Manchester club will Harry Kane be playing for next season?

He’s worth several less oil rigs than Haaland and has some miles left in the tank. Plus he’s white and English so the diving is totally fine with the pundits.

Comment

• I’d personally like to see Kane at City. Not sure what they’ll do. Pep’s talking like they’re not going spend big on a striker. Not sure how true that is. I remember Arteta talking earlier in the year that Pep has wanted to play without a striker all along so maybe that’s the plan and they will spend elsewhere. Will probably depend on how the season finishes up. They need to get past the QFs this year in the CL or it will be very disappointing.
                                          "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• As much as United need a good number 9 (Cavani showed this yesterday), I hope we don't go for Kane. He seems to be hurt half the time so it wouldn't be worth the $120 they'd want for him. Let him go to PSG or Real.

I'd love Haaland, who wouldn't, but that would guarantee it's the only signing this summer and United have more holes to fill than just a striker. I'd rather take Sancho and send Lingard and money in exchange for Rice. Let Pogba go and hope everybody waits to sign Haaland until next summer and then go after him (which won't happen).

Comment

Pep’s talking like they’re not going spend big on a striker. Not sure how true that is.
                                              So true it is likely the worst poker face in the history of poker. Or football.

Comment

• Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                                As much as United need a good number 9 (Cavani showed this yesterday), I hope we don't go for Kane. He seems to be hurt half the time so it wouldn't be worth the $120 they'd want for him. Let him go to PSG or Real.

I'd love Haaland, who wouldn't, but that would guarantee it's the only signing this summer and United have more holes to fill than just a striker. I'd rather take Sancho and send Lingard and money in exchange for Rice. Let Pogba go and hope everybody waits to sign Haaland until next summer and then go after him (which won't happen).
                                                Haaland's agent isn't a fan of either Manchester club and he's seeking to make Haaland the highest paid player in history in terms of wages. So you'll have the incredibly crazy transfer fee between the two clubs, followed by his wages. This is someone who, to my knowledge, has never won anything and would walk into whatever team he joins as their highest paid player? I don't see this going over well at a Manchester, Liverpool, or even Chelsea type club.

Kane is likely the bargain alternative to Mbappe and Haaland. He's also English, which would play an important factor for a lot of people. If Real has the money problems that are being reported, maybe PSG and a reunion with Poch are the best route. Kane wants to win something. He's not doing that at Spurs and he's probably sick of Mourinho.

Comment

• The English Premier League needs to shut down VAR.

Comment

The English Premier League needs to shut down VAR.
                                                    Need to let technology make offsides calls similar to goal line technology. Outside of that, I am fine with getting rid of VAR at this point.

Comment

Haaland's agent isn't a fan of either Manchester club and he's seeking to make Haaland the highest paid player in history in terms of wages. So you'll have the incredibly crazy transfer fee between the two clubs, followed by his wages. This is someone who, to my knowledge, has never won anything and would walk into whatever team he joins as their highest paid player? I don't see this going over well at a Manchester, Liverpool, or even Chelsea type club.

Kane is likely the bargain alternative to Mbappe and Haaland. He's also English, which would play an important factor for a lot of people. If Real has the money problems that are being reported, maybe PSG and a reunion with Poch are the best route. Kane wants to win something. He's not doing that at Spurs and he's probably sick of Mourinho.
                                                      Levy will 10000% price Kane out of the market this summer, especially to an EPL team. Negotiations starting at $180 million. Even City won’t splash that much money after Covid devastated all of Europe’s pocketbooks.

Kane has 3 years on his contract, too. I think it’s far more likely he grits it out for a couple more years and is sold for a reduced fee in January 2024 or leaves on a free 6 months later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocket89 View Post

Levy will 10000% price Kane out of the market this summer, especially to an EPL team. Negotiations starting at $180 million. Even City won’t splash that much money after Covid devastated all of Europe’s pocketbooks.

Kane has 3 years on his contract, too. I think it’s far more likely he grits it out for a couple more years and is sold for a reduced fee in January 2024 or leaves on a free 6 months later.
                                                        Kane is repped by a sports management firm called CK66, and from what I can tell, he is their only football client. He's about to turn 28 years old and has not won anything. Mourinho is being Mourinho and they're not winning. If Mourinho gets sacked, I am likely to agree with what you're saying, but Kane has some leverage of his own here. If somebody can at Levy with $130M, he'd be crazy not to take it if Kane truly wants out, and it is starting to look like he does. He's entering his prime years, he's the Captain of England and he's yet to win a trophy of any kind.

These whispers are only going to grow louder as the season wears on, especially at this rate. Let's see what the next few months bring and how the dust settles. I think he's gone one way or another.

Comment

Need to let technology make offsides calls similar to goal line technology. Outside of that, I am fine with getting rid of VAR at this point.
                                                          I don't think you can do it. The goal line is stationary. It's easier to track.

I'm not going so far as to accuse corruption, but this is incompetence at levels that really makes me wonder WTF they're doing and what they're looking at match after match. It's also killing consumption of the sport. I don't know when I can enjoy a goal, so I just don't.

I think they wouldn't be getting away with this shit if there were fans in the stands, either. There is WAY less pressure on them and far less accountability doing this in empty grounds. That's all over with come August most likely.

Comment

Kane is repped by a sports management firm called CK66, and from what I can tell, he is their only football client. He's about to turn 28 years old and has not won anything. Mourinho is being Mourinho and they're not winning. If Mourinho gets sacked, I am likely to agree with what you're saying, but Kane has some leverage of his own here. If somebody can at Levy with $130M, he'd be crazy not to take it if Kane truly wants out, and it is starting to look like he does. He's entering his prime years, he's the Captain of England and he's yet to win a trophy of any kind.

These whispers are only going to grow louder as the season wears on, especially at this rate. Let's see what the next few months bring and how the dust settles. I think he's gone one way or another.
                                                            I'm fairly certain Mourinho will be sacked. His buyout reportedly drops considerably after this season and even further without Champions League and even further still without European football. I'm betting a new manager gives Kane some life to stay. Otherwise, he'd have to make a massive stink this off-season and I have a hard time seeing him do that.

I also think he really wants to break the EPL goals record (99 more goals to go) and will want to stay in England. If he really just want trophies and will go to Madrid or someplace then yeah I think there's a small chance he leaves this summer. Possibly next summer even more so.

Comment

I don't think you can do it. The goal line is stationary. It's easier to track.

I'm not going so far as to accuse corruption, but this is incompetence at levels that really makes me wonder WTF they're doing and what they're looking at match after match. It's also killing consumption of the sport. I don't know when I can enjoy a goal, so I just don't.

I think they wouldn't be getting away with this shit if there were fans in the stands, either. There is WAY less pressure on them and far less accountability doing this in empty grounds. That's all over with come August most likely.
                                                              This shit sucks. I hate it. If you need to look at it more than once or twice...let it stand. If its in the lead-up to a goal certainly.

VAR has a place in the game...but England is terrible at it. Qre any other leagues running into these problems?
                                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

This shit sucks. I hate it. If you need to look at it more than once or twice...let it stand. If its in the lead-up to a goal certainly.

VAR has a place in the game...but England is terrible at it. Qre any other leagues running into these problems?
                                                                VAR was pretty awesome at the 2018 World Cup IIRC.

Comment

VAR was pretty awesome at the 2018 World Cup IIRC.
                                                                  That's FIFA, right?

Far cry from the FA in England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocket89 View Post

I'm fairly certain Mourinho will be sacked. His buyout reportedly drops considerably after this season and even further without Champions League and even further still without European football. I'm betting a new manager gives Kane some life to stay. Otherwise, he'd have to make a massive stink this off-season and I have a hard time seeing him do that.

I also think he really wants to break the EPL goals record (99 more goals to go) and will want to stay in England. If he really just want trophies and will go to Madrid or someplace then yeah I think there's a small chance he leaves this summer. Possibly next summer even more so.
                                                                    Wondering if they'd give Eddie Howe a look. I thought he did all he could with Bournemouth and kept them up longer than I thought he would. Max Allegri would be the steal for Levy, if he could pull it off.

Real has financial problems. I think Juve isn't in the best shape either. If Kane wants to win things, it would seem two clubs can offer him trophies and would be able to afford him. We all know who they are. I would not count out Manchester United, though.

Comment

• On the doorstep of PSG-City/ Real-Chelsea Champions League semifinals.

Winner gets Haaland? These seem to be the only clubs who can afford him.

Comment

• Real Madrid and the 3 headed Oligarch Frankenstein it shall be.

Comment

Real Madrid and the 3 headed Oligarch Frankenstein it shall be.
                                                                          Good lord I can't even decide who I hate least out of this group.

Comment

• What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Foden doing his best to break into the haaland mbappe discussions. And one of the best tweets I've seen all year.

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                IM kind of meh about this attitude. If it wasnt for these ridiculously wealthy clubs who could afford to pay the ridiculous transfer fees, agent fees, and THEN the ridiculous salaraies of the best players as well as travel all over Europe and play mutliple tournaments a year. FSG has come close to what I would call a model consortium type ownership group but other than that its singular owners pumping and dumping moeny.
                                                                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• I follow many accounts related to Liverpool and PL teams on twitter and the day to day fans biggest gripe is buying/selling players. They literally have the memory of a goldfish. If you arent producing everyday? Sell the bum. If you hit one goal tath wins a game? Greatest guy ever. Liverpool fans very much want to sell Firmino, Salah and Mane as of today and TAA is likely not far behind. Its ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                                    I follow many accounts related to Liverpool and PL teams on twitter and the day to day fans biggest gripe is buying/selling players. They literally have the memory of a goldfish. If you arent producing everyday? Sell the bum. If you hit one goal tath wins a game? Greatest guy ever. Liverpool fans very much want to sell Firmino, Salah and Mane as of today and TAA is likely not far behind. Its ridiculous.
                                                                                    You're right. It's become so much of a weekly pissing and moaning fest on all social media about the players. I mean, god forbid a player has one bad game...

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                      So what's this guy's solution, I support Sheffield Wednesday?

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post

You're right. It's become so much of a weekly pissing and moaning fest on all social media about the players. I mean, god forbid a player has one bad game...
                                                                                        I rememebr when Liverpool's loans were being called when Gillet and Hicks were in charge. The club was on the verge of financial ruin. FSG came in and turned the club around, reinvested in teh area around the stadium, expanded the stadium, imrpoved the squad, won a title, won the CL been to multiple tournament finals all with the cost of squad half of what the other top 4 are paying and these dumbasses to this day still bitch and moan about FSG not paying premum prices for someone the like of Mbappe and Halland. Soooo gd stupid.

Comment

• I would give Sadio Mane and Bobby Firmino a month off this summer. Let them chill with their families, whatever. Just let them be for about 3-4 weeks to rest up.

Trent gets shit from people outside of the club and outside of the club's fanbase when he struggles, but when he's brilliant, hardly a word about it. Especially defensively. What did Vinicius do yesterday? Absolutely nothing. Rendered useless. Trent on the attack was excellent too. Nobody could finish anything. Trent did his part. He's also 20 years old still.

So take Kyle Walker to the Euros then and see how that goes.

Comment

I would give Sadio Mane and Bobby Firmino a month off this summer. Let them chill with their families, whatever. Just let them be for about 3-4 weeks to rest up.

Trent gets shit from people outside of the club and outside of the club's fanbase when he struggles, but when he's brilliant, hardly a word about it. Especially defensively. What did Vinicius do yesterday? Absolutely nothing. Rendered useless. Trent on the attack was excellent too. Nobody could finish anything. Trent did his part. He's also 20 years old still.

So take Kyle Walker to the Euros then and see how that goes.
                                                                                            TAA is the best right back in Europe. Every defender has bad games, but he does take more criticism than most. Southgate has to take him. I think there are better defenders at right back, but the offense he creates more than makes up for that. The kid is ridiculous.

Honestly, if England aren't playing in the final of the Euro's, I think Southgate is out. His team is stacked, especially offensively.

Comment

TAA is the best right back in Europe. Every defender has bad games, but he does take more criticism than most. Southgate has to take him. I think there are better defenders at right back, but the offense he creates more than makes up for that. The kid is ridiculous.

Honestly, if England aren't playing in the final of the Euro's, I think Southgate is out. His team is stacked, especially offensively.
                                                                                              I wouldn't mind seeing him play in the midfield. Would his skill set translate well up there?
                                                                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

I cant figure out why he would not include him unless GS believes TAA and his skill set do not fit with what GS is trying to build. DOes Klopp use TAA in a manner that is wildly different from that of other RBs? Especially in World Football level? I mean if he wants Luke Shaw and Walker out there...lol

Comment

I cant figure out why he would not include him unless GS believes TAA and his skill set do not fit with what GS is trying to build. DOes Klopp use TAA in a manner that is wildly different from that of other RBs? Especially in World Football level? I mean if he wants Luke Shaw and Walker out there...lol
                                                                                                  I think TAA and Kyle Walker are very comparable in terms of talent at RB, albeit great at different things. Walker a better defender, TAA better in attack. Don't underestimate the importance of vets in international football and the loyalty managers have to them... Walker at 31 is in his last Euros and what will be his last World Cup in 2022. TAA will still have at least 2 more of each.

Comment

I think TAA and Kyle Walker are very comparable in terms of talent at RB, albeit great at different things. Walker a better defender, TAA better in attack. Don't underestimate the importance of vets in international football and the loyalty managers have to them... Walker at 31 is in his last Euros and what will be his last World Cup in 2022. TAA will still have at least 2 more of each.
                                                                                                    I think TAA presents a set of problems for GS in that when TAA often goes so far forward he vacates the wingleaving the CBs by themselves. If you dont have atheltic CBs like Gomez and VVD then that is a definite problem. Just look at how teams have beaten Liverpool this year without JG and VVD back there.

Comment

I think TAA presents a set of problems for GS in that when TAA often goes so far forward he vacates the wingleaving the CBs by themselves. If you dont have atheltic CBs like Gomez and VVD then that is a definite problem. Just look at how teams have beaten Liverpool this year without JG and VVD back there.
                                                                                                      What, John Stones not good enough for ya?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X