• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
    I enjoy seeing Everton get run.
    Quoted without comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post

Quoted without comment.
      Yeah, so much from coming out and getting revenge for the Pickford/VD incident. Liverpool look uninspired for sure. Think I saw they have 57 points from their last 34 games (since the restart). One of the biggest drop offs I can remember from an elite team in any sport. They were unreal for that stretch. I’d be surprised if they don’t come back next year and challenge again though.
      "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• I don't know they were ever playing for revenge, but as Tim Howard said, those players know and it had to be on their minds what happened at Goodison.

Shit form. Too many injuries. 18 different centerback pairings this year and it isn't March yet. Shit officating in England. Quite a combination of things. The poor form is most surprising. It's very similar to Klopp's Dortmund team, however. Squad needs refreshing in a number of ways. Some tough decisions coming this summer.

You should not need fired up for a derby. I don't know if they play like that in front of fans at Anfield, but it doesn't matter. They'll have to come back next year without top four and will likely miss out on their top targets because of it. You have midfielders playing centerback and they're all getting injured too. That's on the ownership. Back the best manager you've had in a generation because he's your top asset. Just getting by isn't going to cut it anymore. City's subs the other day were astounding and that's been your bar now for 4 years. You can now look at the worst case scenario and go from there because it happened. Disaster of a season where little has broke your way.

Congrats to Everton though. If there was going to be a year, this was the one. Took massive injuries to Liverpool's squad, several hundred million in spending and a global pandemic to finally beat Liverpool this century. Looking forward to the DVD.

Liverpool season is a wash. Onto baseball. City, PSG or Juve need to win Europe at some point. I still think City get it. They look relentless again.
        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• 2012-13: Manchester United, 89 points Champions
          2013-14: Manchester United, 7th, 64 points

2014-15: Chelsea, 87 points Champions
          2015-16: Chelsea, 10th, 50 points

2015-16: Leicester, 81 points Champions
          2016-17: Leicester, 12th, 44 points

2019-20 Liverpool 99 points
          2020-21: TBD

Roberto Firmino needs a rest, but there really isn't anyone who can play in his place unless they change the formation. He's 30 years old and has played a lot of minutes in the last 3-4 years. Way too many miles on the tires.
          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• The father of Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker has died after drowning in a lake near his holiday home in southern Brazil on Wednesday, according to local police.
            FFS. What's next....

Incredibly awful. My God.

Comment

FFS. What's next....

Horrible tragedy. I feel terrible for him and his family.

Comment

FFS. What's next....

terrible news indeed. Liverpool proper cursed this year
                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Such a shit year. I mean, when you ask yourself "what's next", someone gets hurt or someone has a parent die. Come on.

To watch City right now, I have to go back and really appreciate the run that Liverpool went on for 2 1/2 years. A year ago Liverpool beat West Ham 3-2. It was a run that capped 35 wins and 1 draw in 36 matches over the span of one year. 106 points from 108. The greatest run in 132 years of top tier European football.

It took all of THAT to dethrone THIS City team.

Van Dijk - 29
                  Gomez - 25
                  Matip - 23
                  Keita - 22
                  Ox - 20
                  Jota - 17
                  Tsimikas - 17
                  Fabinho - 9
                  Shaqiri - 9
                  Milner - 9
                  Alisson - 8
                  Henderson - 5 (plus now 12 weeks)
                  Trent - 4
                  Mane - 3
                  Salah - 1

Games missed through injury this season. That's maddening.

Comment

• Steven Gerrard's Rangers have lost one match all year, 3-2 to St. Mirren in the Scottish League Cup.

26 wins, 4 draws, 0 losses in the league. Ubeaten in Europa League with 9 wins, 2 draws, 0 losses and have moved onto the next knockout round.

Remarkable season.

Comment

Steven Gerrard's Rangers have lost one match all year, 3-2 to St. Mirren in the Scottish League Cup.

26 wins, 4 draws, 0 losses in the league. Ubeaten in Europa League with 9 wins, 2 draws, 0 losses and have moved onto the next knockout round.

Remarkable season.
                      Nice to see some competition up in Scotland. I hope for his sake he doesn't make the jump to the first EPL team that offers him a job and actually waits for the right opportunity. I am sure there will be a few calls this summer.

Comment

Nice to see some competition up in Scotland. I hope for his sake he doesn't make the jump to the first EPL team that offers him a job and actually waits for the right opportunity. I am sure there will be a few calls this summer.
                        I hope Fat Frank goes to Celtic and Stevie hangs around to kick his ass.

Comment

• RedBird Capital will acquire a 10% stake in FSG for $750M. RedBird are majority owners in Toulouse FC & American Football League XFL. They’ve put lots of money into both projects.
                          Let's hope this is the start of good things to come for the summer and beyond. Liverpool's net spend since 2016 is less than Sheffield, Brighton and some other bottom half of the table clubs in the PL right now. You won't compete with Citah this way long term.

Chelsea are set to drop another $300M this summer, too, reportedly.

Comment

Let's hope this is the start of good things to come for the summer and beyond. Liverpool's net spend since 2016 is less than Sheffield, Brighton and some other bottom half of the table clubs in the PL right now. You won't compete with Citah this way long term.

Chelsea are set to drop another $300M this summer, too, reportedly.
                            It was reported that Tuchel gets to break the bank for a signing, most think he'll go after Haaland (along with quite a few other clubs).

Comment

• Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post

It was reported that Tuchel gets to break the bank for a signing, most think he'll go after Haaland (along with quite a few other clubs).
                              I think everyone wants him, though, if we're being honest. He's going to cost a fortune, too.

MBappe has said he only wants to play left wing wherever he goes. Should be an interesting summer.

Personally, I like Patson Daka and Donyell Malen. Both are 22 years old and can be had for far less. Can play across the front three. Young, hungry talents.

Comment

I think everyone wants him, though, if we're being honest. He's going to cost a fortune, too.

MBappe has said he only wants to play left wing wherever he goes. Should be an interesting summer.

Personally, I like Patson Daka and Donyell Malen. Both are 22 years old and can be had for far less. Can play across the front three. Young, hungry talents.
                                I've seen Antony from Ajax get a lot of hype too. Pace for days.

Comment

Top four in England is going to play a big factor in where Haaland goes this summer.
                                  There is also a possibility the BvB does not secure Champions league football with their current form.
                                  538 only has them at 40% chance as of right now.
                                  If that were to happen, then BvB would be almost forced to sell this summer.

If Chelsea is able to secure Champions league football, then they are City's biggest rival in signing him in my opinion.
                                  The other biggest factor going against City in the chase for Haaland is his relationship with super agent Mino Raiola
                                  Anybody that knows the history between Pep and Mino will understand why this will be difficult for City.
                                  City have never signed a Mino Raiola client, and there is reported bad blood between the City management team and him so that might be the main reason Haaland will not transfer to City.

Of course, if he wants to play for Madrid or Barca then there really is not much any of the English clubs can do.

It is going to be a fascinating story to follow, I cannot remember the last time a true number 9 hit the market at such a young age.
                                  Lukaku the summer he transferred to United comes to mind, but I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

Comment

• p
                                    Originally posted by CTIDANDREW View Post

Top four in England is going to play a big factor in where Haaland goes this summer.
                                    There is also a possibility the BvB does not secure Champions league football with their current form.
                                    538 only has them at 40% chance as of right now.
                                    If that were to happen, then BvB would be almost forced to sell this summer.

If Chelsea is able to secure Champions league football, then they are City's biggest rival in signing him in my opinion.
                                    The other biggest factor going against City in the chase for Haaland is his relationship with super agent Mino Raiola
                                    Anybody that knows the history between Pep and Mino will understand why this will be difficult for City.
                                    City have never signed a Mino Raiola client, and there is reported bad blood between the City management team and him so that might be the main reason Haaland will not transfer to City.

Of course, if he wants to play for Madrid or Barca then there really is not much any of the English clubs can do.

It is going to be a fascinating story to follow, I cannot remember the last time a true number 9 hit the market at such a young age.
                                    Lukaku the summer he transferred to United comes to mind, but I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.
                                    Yep, agreed on the top four in England having a huge impact. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least Sancho and Haaland leave if they don't get CL. Raiola is a dick, but he gets a ton of money for his clients. Manchester United hate him, especially how he's been acting with Pogba.

Barca is (reportedly) broke. I'm interested to see what Real does, I figured they'd be going hard after Neymar or Mbappe if they have the money.

Have there been any more rumblings about Messi and City?

Comment

p

Yep, agreed on the top four in England having a huge impact. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least Sancho and Haaland leave if they don't get CL. Raiola is a dick, but he gets a ton of money for his clients. Manchester United hate him, especially how he's been acting with Pogba.

Barca is (reportedly) broke. I'm interested to see what Real does, I figured they'd be going hard after Neymar or Mbappe if they have the money.

Have there been any more rumblings about Messi and City?

In my opinion, we will know a lot more about Messi and his Barca future after the Barca Presidential election on March 7th.

Based on the news/articles I have read, Joan Laporta is the candidate that Messi wants to win, and if he does it could lead to Messi staying.

However, news on Messi is notoriously hard to gather, as he is one of the most reclusive sport stars in modern history.

I'm obviously basis, but if he does leave Barca this summer I do not believe it will be for anyone other then City.
                                      1. Pep & Soriano (CEO) / Txiki (Director of Football) all former Barca men who Messi and his Father/Agent have great relationships with. (Reportedly)
                                      2. World Class Squad
                                      3. Partnership with MLS (NYCFC) which would allow him to play out his remaining years in arguably the biggest media market in the world.
                                      4. Money $$$$

PSG could be a player, but I just cannot see Messi wanting to play in Ligue 1.

Comment

• Don't think it will happen this summer, but Gio Reyna is a lock to play for Man City at some point as long as he keeps progressing. Dad played for them and was part of CFG for 6 years, plus Gio played in the NYCFC academy from its inception.

Comment

• Liverpool will continue to only spend what we bring in. Unless we sell Mane or Salah we will not be in it for any big names. Our net spending is a joke and now FSG has a built in excuse of Covid.
                                          Last edited by TNUtoNotreDame; 02-26-2021, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• I watch a ton of EPL soccer but don't really get too much into reading about it or following transfers or other news. Is this whole "net spend" a thing? I really only hear Liverpool fans talk about it. Is this the soccer version of ND fans talking about academics when things go bad?
                                            "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post
                                              I watch a ton of EPL soccer but don't really get too much into reading about it or following transfers or other news. Is this whole "net spend" a thing? I really only hear Liverpool fans talk about it. Is this the soccer version of ND fans talking about academics when things go bad?
                                              Look at this link and see where one of the biggest clubs in the world ( Liverpool) ranks in the premier league.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick...st-five-years/

Comment

• I still think Messi winds up at Inter Milan.

With Financial Fair Play being a total farce, I reallly don't pay attention to all of the transfer rumors as much as before. We all know how these clubs operate and unless there is an ownership change they'll continue to operate as such without much variance. Newcastle, for example, is an absolute tragedy considering their support and what a scumbag their owner is. The fact that Saudis were coming in to try and buy them only to be met with fierce opposition shows you exactly what the other clubs in England already know: nobody wants another Chelsea or Citah in England. Including Chelsea and Citah.

Clubs like Southampton, Ajax, Monaco, etc will be feeder clubs for the big guys. Even new money RB Leipzig is going to churn out talent for the bigger blue blood clubs. Bayern, Juve, Citah, PSG will dominate domestically. The wild card right now is La Liga because Barca and Real not only need massive overhauls but they are both in financial trouble. It's hard to say who can actually come in and fill that void.

Clubs with American owners will continue to believe that Moneyball shit works in this sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNUtoNotreDame View Post

Look at this link and see where one of the biggest clubs in the world ( Liverpool) ranks in the premier league.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick...st-five-years/
                                                  This is just England. I'm willing to bet in the other four major leagues the variance is even more.

You have to factor wages too. Once you pay the transfer fee, you own the guy and you have to pay him.

There is certainly more to this, as it is really just a glimpse and not the entire story, but it does give an indication of the landscape if even only a partial one.

Comment

I watch a ton of EPL soccer but don't really get too much into reading about it or following transfers or other news. Is this whole "net spend" a thing? I really only hear Liverpool fans talk about it. Is this the soccer version of ND fans talking about academics when things go bad?
                                                    IMO net spend isnt a thing. Most of the successful clubs prior to COVID had wealthy benefactors that just dump money into the club. It seem extremely unviable. The FFP is an attempt in England to learn from the past but its not been policed very well. I think Liverpool's model is great. It has taken the club from a most assured administration supervision to a stable successful club that has allowed for the infrastructure to be improved as well as competing on the highest level.

If you think LIverpool is going to go out and buy Mbappe you are smokin some good shit. There are very few teams that are capable of taking on that financial debt to cover his transfer fee (>$250mil) plus weekly wages ($200-300k?) Liverpool would have to sell the equivalent of Mo and Mane to get Mbappe.

Same for Messi... his contract and associated fees are unbelievable. At some point these stars are going to cost too much to buy without incurring massive debt to the club that only a couple of teams could withstand.
                                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

I still think Messi winds up at Inter Milan.

With Financial Fair Play being a total farce, I reallly don't pay attention to all of the transfer rumors as much as before. We all know how these clubs operate and unless there is an ownership change they'll continue to operate as such without much variance. Newcastle, for example, is an absolute tragedy considering their support and what a scumbag their owner is. The fact that Saudis were coming in to try and buy them only to be met with fierce opposition shows you exactly what the other clubs in England already know: nobody wants another Chelsea or Citah in England. Including Chelsea and Citah.

Clubs like Southampton, Ajax, Monaco, etc will be feeder clubs for the big guys. Even new money RB Leipzig is going to churn out talent for the bigger blue blood clubs. Bayern, Juve, Citah, PSG will dominate domestically. The wild card right now is La Liga because Barca and Real not only need massive overhauls but they are both in financial trouble. It's hard to say who can actually come in and fill that void.

Clubs with American owners will continue to believe that Moneyball shit works in this sport.
                                                      I went back and looked at all the talent Southampton and Ajax churned out over the last decade and its utterly insane what they have done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

I went back and looked at all the talent Southampton and Ajax churned out over the last decade and its utterly insane what they have done.
                                                        You can add in Porto and Benfica to there as well, though I guess they may be considered tier 1.B clubs. Back to 2010, they have a net balance of +$1.1 BILLION dollars. Literally insane to think about it that that type of profit is just from the transfer market, and if you're a fan you gotta be a lotta pissed that isn't getting reinvested into higher quality players.

Comment

• It was Barcelona for a long time. Not sure now.

I'd put Sporting Lisbon up there above Porto and Benfica. Some good South American clubs would be Boca Juniors, River Plate, Santos.

Comment

• Juve is picking up WM on a permanent!

Comment

Juve is picking up WM on a permanent!
                                                              Love this. Exciting time to be a US soccer fan. Midfield is so loaded I won't even be that disappointed if Musah chooses England over US.

Comment

• Good Evening.

Can anyone tell me what the fuck a handball is anymore? Honestly, I have no idea what any of the rules are because Premier League officiating is such shit.

Congratulations to Jurgen Klopp. Today is his 20th different centerback pairing of the season.

Comment

Good Evening.

Can anyone tell me what the fuck a handball is anymore? Honestly, I have no idea what any of the rules are because Premier League officiating is such shit.

Congratulations to Jurgen Klopp. Today is his 20th different centerback pairing of the season.
                                                                  Just saw the clip. What the fuck? Looking at that and Chelsa's not handball in the box against Manchester United versus some of the handballs called on 'pool at the beginning of the season is ridiculous.

Comment

• Ill be honest. I haven't watched a Liverpool game in three weeks.

Comment

• Was a handball and Werner wasn't offsides. Not calling the handball call is fine, IMO. The problem is the reviewing of other bullshit and then not reviewing the handball. Way too inconsistent. Replay sucks in just about every sport. Watched the end of a Celtics game a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe the amount of stoppages for replays at the end of the game. Ruined the entire flow of the game. I'd do away with it in soccer except for goal line technology and maybe some violent red card stuff.

Comment

• I watched that game and we're totally lost. The high line is killing us. Subbing Salah off for Ox? Klopp's tactics were questionable this game for sure.

One more complaint,. Milner? I understand Thaigo is not doing great but Milner? Come on.

Comment

Was a handball and Werner wasn't offsides. Not calling the handball call is fine, IMO. The problem is the reviewing of other bullshit and then not reviewing the handball. Way too inconsistent. Replay sucks in just about every sport. Watched the end of a Celtics game a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe the amount of stoppages for replays at the end of the game. Ruined the entire flow of the game. I'd do away with it in soccer except for goal line technology and maybe some violent red card stuff.
                                                                          I was all for not calling handballs when the arm is in a natural position and there was no move towards the ball. However, that changed this season (I think it was this season) that any ball that hits a hand is a hand ball, it was black and white. Earlier in the season, they were calling it this way, now they aren't. They need to figure out how they are going to handle it and stick to it.

Comment

Was a handball and Werner wasn't offsides. Not calling the handball call is fine, IMO. The problem is the reviewing of other bullshit and then not reviewing the handball. Way too inconsistent. Replay sucks in just about every sport. Watched the end of a Celtics game a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe the amount of stoppages for replays at the end of the game. Ruined the entire flow of the game. I'd do away with it in soccer except for goal line technology and maybe some violent red card stuff.
                                                                            Werner was offside based on several other offside calls that have taken away goals this season. Depending on who is refereeing anyway.

Firmino has been called off by the ink of his forearm tattoos and Mane by his eyelash. It's a complete joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNUtoNotreDame View Post
                                                                              I watched that game and we're totally lost. The high line is killing us. Subbing Salah off for Ox? Klopp's tactics were questionable this game for sure.

One more complaint,. Milner? I understand Thaigo is not doing great but Milner? Come on.
                                                                              Nothing in the final third. Every match is the same. They have possession by at least 5% or more, don't create anything in the final third, give up a goal and they're done.

Klopp has to change something. You can't keep playing the way you've been for the last three years. I suppose this season could be an anomoly in five years, but this isn't looking very good at all and the warning signs started months ago. If these guys are not happy, there aren't many teams able to afford what Liverpool is going to want for them, either. I doubt Michael Edwards is going to sell any of the front three to Citah. PSG and China have money right now. That's it. Real and Barca are cooked.

If they don't finish in the top four, you better not finish 5th. Europa League sucks. Regroup, bring some new guys in (midfield especially) and if you only have League matches to worry about you should be good. The last thing they should do is go all in on Champions League. You saw how that worked for Spurs a few years ago.

What sucks is United and Leicester keep dropping points but they can't make up the ground.

I honestly don't think they can beat Fulham this weekend. That's how bad they are.

Comment

Werner was offside based on several other offside calls that have taken away goals this season. Depending on who is refereeing anyway.

Firmino has been called off by the ink of his forearm tattoos and Mane by his eyelash. It's a complete joke.
                                                                                I don’t understand how they can use angles that aren’t directly in line with the players. Imagine if the NFL was using a camera on the 25 yard line to decide if the ball crossed the goal line. Insane.

Comment

• Remarkable what he's been able to do in the amount of time he's done it. Hope he stays the course and doesn't fizz out like Frank.

Speaking of Frank, Chelsea is coming in second in the Premier League.

Comment

• Watching shit dry on a summer sidewalk was more entertaining than Liverpool's last six games.

Comment

Speaking of Frank, Chelsea is coming in second in the Premier League.
                                                                                      I definitely think top 3. They'll need to win their next 4 (@Leeds, WBA, @CP, BHA, because their last 6 could get tricky (@West Ham, Fulham, @City, Arsenal, LC, @Villa). I only say could because West Ham, Arsenal, LC, and Villa can either play like a top 6 side or a bottom 6 side on any given day. I think LC is getting a majority of their injured players back by then, so that could be a huge match for both sides.

Comment

Watching shit dry on a summer sidewalk was more entertaining than Liverpool's last six games.
                                                                                        Really? I’ve quite enjoyed watching those games.

Comment

• Klopp to manage Germany?

Comment

Klopp to manage Germany?
                                                                                            Liverpool need to do whatever they can to keep him. Liverpool's season has been horrible luck from the start. If ownership can't see past that, the last two years should grant him this year without being on the hot seat.

Comment

Liverpool need to do whatever they can to keep him. Liverpool's season has been horrible luck from the start. If ownership can't see past that, the last two years should grant him this year without being on the hot seat.
                                                                                              Soccer managers seem to get zero leeway. Leicester fired Ranieri the year after winning the title. I can't think of an American sport where a coach/manager would get fired the year after taking a huge underdog team to a championship. They didn't even let him finish the year. Obviously Klopp has built up a ton of equity with the fanbase and I'm assuming ownership. That said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets let go at the end of the year (if they don't turn it around the last few months).

Comment

Klopp to manage Germany?
                                                                                                He immediately said not interested today as soon as it was announced Low is stepping down. So no.

Klopp is the best manager the club has had in a generation. If John Henry wants to fuck that up, he probably will, but it wouldn't be a wise decision. They failed to invest in the last two summers after winning Champions League and the League. It's catching up with them now with injuries and burnout. Jose's Chelsea and Pep's Citah have had very good players come to play for them, take the wages, and come off the bench. This idea that no one wants to come because they won't start is plain garbage. FSG have now seen what Klopp can do for them on the bargain. Back the guy up and go get some depth.

Part of this is on Klopp because he likes keeping a tight squad and has since Dortmund. You can't sustain success that way, especially in England and now in these pandemic times. Citah had a problem at the back so they went and got Dias and Ake. That's how you sustain success. Liverpool have Michael Edwards in their front office and Klopp on the touchline. They don't need to spend a billion dollars on players, but they can get quality depth if they want to.

Dortmund's owner was recently quoted as saying they should have kept the manager and replaced the players. I am completely fine with that direction if it is necessary. If players want to go, let them. If no one wants to come without Champions League, so be it. Find the guys who want to. Just don't get stuck in Europa, please. If you don't come in fourth, you'd better not come in fifth.

It's unlike anything I've ever seen. 60+ matches at home unbeaten to six losses in a row at home. Hard to put into words. I am out of excuses, though. They need to change things up and try to get results. They have come out absolutely lifeless now for close to a month. They beat Palace 7-0 and totally fell off.

Comment

He immediately said not interested today as soon as it was announced Low is stepping down. So no.

Klopp is the best manager the club has had in a generation. If John Henry wants to fuck that up, he probably will, but it wouldn't be a wise decision. They failed to invest in the last two summers after winning Champions League and the League. It's catching up with them now with injuries and burnout. Jose's Chelsea and Pep's Citah have had very good players come to play for them, take the wages, and come off the bench. This idea that no one wants to come because they won't start is plain garbage. FSG have now seen what Klopp can do for them on the bargain. Back the guy up and go get some depth.

Part of this is on Klopp because he likes keeping a tight squad and has since Dortmund. You can't sustain success that way, especially in England and now in these pandemic times. Citah had a problem at the back so they went and got Dias and Ake. That's how you sustain success. Liverpool have Michael Edwards in their front office and Klopp on the touchline. They don't need to spend a billion dollars on players, but they can get quality depth if they want to.

Dortmund's owner was recently quoted as saying they should have kept the manager and replaced the players. I am completely fine with that direction if it is necessary. If players want to go, let them. If no one wants to come without Champions League, so be it. Find the guys who want to. Just don't get stuck in Europa, please. If you don't come in fourth, you'd better not come in fifth.

It's unlike anything I've ever seen. 60+ matches at home unbeaten to six losses in a row at home. Hard to put into words. I am out of excuses, though. They need to change things up and try to get results. They have come out absolutely lifeless now for close to a month. They beat Palace 7-0 and totally fell off.
                                                                                                  Yeah they need to basically do whatever Jurgen wants. After this year he can go into the office, sit down, and say "well how much money do we have? Must be a lot because all we've bought is Jota (and what a buy that was!)"

I'm willing to throw this year away for basically every team in every sport. Playing without fans is bizarre. All the sudden the Superdome and Anfield are very comfortable for the opposition and a bit uncomfortable for the home team.

I'm assuming Pool will hit form here soon and it will be interesting to see if they qualify for CL, but I think they need to do a lot to change the squad anyway. If a big club wants Salah, I'd move him on. Hea a great player but he's also worth a lot. Firming is a wonderful guy, not sure he's worth a ton though considering he doesn't really score much. Mane should be retained no matter what.

Midfield is fine. Got plenty of very good players there. A creative dude might be nice though. Doesnt need to be a De Bruyne or anything...

Defense...we need another CB who can play. No way around that. No need for an overhaul...this team will still be fearsome once fans are filling stadiums this fall.
                                                                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

Yeah they need to basically do whatever Jurgen wants. After this year he can go into the office, sit down, and say "well how much money do we have? Must be a lot because all we've bought is Jota (and what a buy that was!)"

I'm willing to throw this year away for basically every team in every sport. Playing without fans is bizarre. All the sudden the Superdome and Anfield are very comfortable for the opposition and a bit uncomfortable for the home team.

I'm assuming Pool will hit form here soon and it will be interesting to see if they qualify for CL, but I think they need to do a lot to change the squad anyway. If a big club wants Salah, I'd move him on. Hea a great player but he's also worth a lot. Firming is a wonderful guy, not sure he's worth a ton though considering he doesn't really score much. Mane should be retained no matter what.

Midfield is fine. Got plenty of very good players there. A creative dude might be nice though. Doesnt need to be a De Bruyne or anything...

Defense...we need another CB who can play. No way around that. No need for an overhaul...this team will still be fearsome once fans are filling stadiums this fall.
                                                                                                    Salah has been their best player by a long shot this year. Mane has been shit for weeks. If you're selling one and keeping another, there isn't even a question right now.

Firmino needs a few months off, but it looks like he's injured, so I guess he'll get it.

Their play is all on the wings and there is nothing to slice through the middle of the park. Maybe a De Bruyne is the sort of thing they need to open things up? Especially with a healthy Virgil and Joe next season.

Another center half, agreed, and there might be cover needed for Trent at right back. Neco needs to go on loan in Championship and get games. He's just not ready.

I agree they don't need an overhaul, but there need to be some people sold out and some reinforcements brought in. The quality on the bench just isn't there. That's how Citah have been so dominant.

Piers Morgan is leaving Good Morning Britain (snowflake), so I suppose we'll be dealing with rumors of Klopp relacing him too now.

Comment

Salah has been their best player by a long shot this year. Mane has been shit for weeks. If you're selling one and keeping another, there isn't even a question right now.

Firmino needs a few months off, but it looks like he's injured, so I guess he'll get it.

Their play is all on the wings and there is nothing to slice through the middle of the park. Maybe a De Bruyne is the sort of thing they need to open things up? Especially with a healthy Virgil and Joe next season.

Another center half, agreed, and there might be cover needed for Trent at right back. Neco needs to go on loan in Championship and get games. He's just not ready.

I agree they don't need an overhaul, but there need to be some people sold out and some reinforcements brought in. The quality on the bench just isn't there. That's how Citah have been so dominant.

Piers Morgan is leaving Good Morning Britain (snowflake), so I suppose we'll be dealing with rumors of Klopp relacing him too now.
                                                                                                      Realistically if VVD stays healthy, 'pool is a lock for top 3. Him getting hurt has made mids play more defensive, TAA having to defend more, and even the wingers having to drop a little bit deeper. We're not talking your average CB, as you know. Unfortunately, reports of Liverpool's demise are greatly exaggerated. Health and a couple signings and they are firm in the title race next year.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X