Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope for Burnley in goal vs Liverpool: Vanilla Ice Cream

Pope for Burnley in goal vs Citah: Horse shit

Must be why England is still messing about with Jordan Pickford.
    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTIDANDREW View Post
      Manchester City has a much easier schedule on paper leading up to the rematch with Liverpool at Anfield as compared to Liverpool.
      MCI:
      Home vs. Brighton
      Home vs. Palace
      Home vs. Villa
      Away vs. West Brom
      Home vs. Sheffield
      Away vs. Burnley

Liverpool has a home game vs Utd. coming up, and also tricky away matches back to back vs Spurs and West Ham before City come to Anfield.

This is important, because City needs to create a lead going into that trip at Anfield, because historically their chances of getting any points in that match is very slim...although we are trending on having little to no fans at that match which will help City. If City is 4+ points ahead going into that match, playing for a draw would be the smart strategy for Pep.

Going to be a fun race, will be interesting to see if United can keep up the pace. It will help them and Spurs that they do not have high intensity Champions League matches to worry about in the months to come...but Europa League is no walk in the park nowadays.
      WELL, these past few weeks of games could not have gone much better for City.
      City with a chance to go ten points clear (of Liverpool) at Anfield on Sunday with a game in hand. :)

Also, of course the two games I bolded above were the only two games where Liverpool looked like title contenders over the past few weeks.
      Last edited by CTIDANDREW; 02-03-2021, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Liverpool is a mess right now.. Congrats City.

Just get top 4.

Comment

• Liverpool’s season is over as far as trophies go.

Hope they can land in the top 4, but with this current home form, hope might be all they have.

Defense isn’t the issue.
          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
            Liverpool’s season is over as far as trophies go.

Hope they can land in the top 4, but with this current home form, hope might be all they have.

Defense isn’t the issue.
            We have stalled offensively and lack creativity.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNUtoNotreDame View Post
              We have stalled offensively and lack creativity.
              Yep. Need better subs and a proper #10 in the midfield.

Hell of a run. Time to regroup.

Comment

Yep. Need better subs and a proper #10 in the midfield.

Hell of a run. Time to regroup.
                go big time and get Haaland and put Berto in the 10 hole.
                Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                  go big time and get Haaland and put Berto in the 10 hole.
                  That or Mbappe. He wants the Nike link.

If Gini leaves, get that Bissouma kid from Brighton. He wiped his ass with every Liverpool player today. Klopp has been scouting him. If Brighton go down or not heís going to have a price.

Thiago probably canít believe he left Bayern for this. Heís 2 steps ahead of everyone on the pitch.

Comment

• Great day for the USMNT striker pool today.
                    Timothy Weah (George Weah son) went 75 plus minutes, and scored a goal for Ligue 1 leading Lille.
                    Hopefully he will continue to get game time as Lille battle PSG for the league title.

Comment

Great day for the USMNT striker pool today.
                      Timothy Weah (George Weah son) went 75 plus minutes, and scored a goal for Ligue 1 leading Lille.
                      Hopefully he will continue to get game time as Lille battle PSG for the league title.
                      Donít forget Lyon.

Anyone but PSG would be glorious.

Comment

Donít forget Lyon.

Anyone but PSG would be glorious.
                        Good point Lyon very much in the race as well. As a City fan I try to forget they exist when I can.
                        Monaco in a good run of form as well.

Comment

Good point Lyon very much in the race as well. As a City fan I try to forget they exist when I can.
                          Monaco in a good run of form as well.
                          Monaco comes around every few years and sells off the players they mine via their scouting department. I believe their owner is a Russian Oligarch.

Lyon does well finding young talent as well. They have some incredibly good young players.

Anyone but PSG is fine.

Comment

Monaco comes around every few years and sells off the players they mine via their scouting department. I believe their owner is a Russian Oligarch.

Lyon does well finding young talent as well. They have some incredibly good young players.

Anyone but PSG is fine.

I do not doubt that Monaco has a decent scouting department over the past 30 years of football, and I do not pretend to know a whole lot about Ligue 1...but I think the ligue 1 rule change that happened a few years ago eliminating the income tax exemption for Monaco was the main reason they had to sell off the likes of Mbappe, Fabinho, Falcao, Mendy, Bernardo, Moutinho, Lemar etc.... from that title winning squad that beat Man City is the Champions league Rd 16 before losing in the semis to Juventus.

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2014/01...t-lfp-ligue-1/

Comment

I do not doubt that Monaco has a decent scouting department over the past 30 years of football, and I do not pretend to know a whole lot about Ligue 1...but I think the ligue 1 rule change that happened a few years ago eliminating the income tax exemption for Monaco was the main reason they had to sell off the likes of Mbappe, Fabinho, Falcao, Mendy, Bernardo, Moutinho, Lemar etc.... from that title winning squad that beat Man City is the Champions league Rd 16 before losing in the semis to Juventus.

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2014/01...t-lfp-ligue-1/
                              That makes sense. They have won 8 Ligue 1 titles in their history, which in perspective is nuts considering PSG now have 9.

Their owner is the guy who bought Trump's mansion in Florida. I always forget that.

Arsene Wenger was at Monaco before Arsenal.

I don't follow Ligue 1 other than box scores, but I have always been partial to Lyon. Good tradition, not a moneybags club, find good young players and develop them. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Comment

I don't follow Ligue 1 other than box scores, but I have always been partial to Lyon. Good tradition, not a moneybags club, find good young players and develop them. Lather, rinse, repeat.
                                I am the same, except with Marseille mainly thanks to the FIFA video games. Haven't seen any matches this years, which is probably a good thing considering the only Marseille news I have seen is fans marching on the stadium with fireworks and smoke bombs in protest, and Villas-Boas resigning. 5 points in their last 8 matches is a big yikes for a team that is probably near the top in talent in an overall weak league.

Comment

• Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                  I am the same, except with Marseille mainly thanks to the FIFA video games. Haven't seen any matches this years, which is probably a good thing considering the only Marseille news I have seen is fans marching on the stadium with fireworks and smoke bombs in protest, and Villas-Boas resigning. 5 points in their last 8 matches is a big yikes for a team that is probably near the top in talent in an overall weak league.
                                  Duje Caleta Car was ready to come to Liverpool Monday but Marseille couldn't find a replacement. He was reportedly shattered. Maybe this summer. He passes out of the back ala Virgil and he's 24 years old. Admittedly never heard of him prior to last week.

France is absolutely loaded with talent. And that's just their U21 team, never mind the World Champions.

Comment

• The more I watch Thiago the less I am impressed. I think he actually slows the team down. Iím undecided still but trending down at the moment. Hope I am wrong here.
                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• I love you and your field goal foot gundugan
                                      Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 02-07-2021, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                        The more I watch Thiago the less I am impressed. I think he actually slows the team down. Iím undecided still but trending down at the moment. Hope I am wrong here.
                                        He slows us down it seems, but to be fair I want to see him with a full squad. We just seem hesitant in attack. To much cycling back when instead of pushing forward. We lack confidence.

Comment

• Thiago would be better if we didn't have Fabinho in defense i think.
                                          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Thiago would be better if we didn't have Fabinho in defense i think.
                                            I think/hope so. The VVD and Gomez injury really through us off.

Comment

• Game over

Congrats to City on another title. Only a Green New Deal or a Kyle Walker super spreader can stop them.

United are shit. There is no true challenger this year.

Comment

The more I watch Thiago the less I am impressed. I think he actually slows the team down. Iím undecided still but trending down at the moment. Hope I am wrong here.
                                                You are. This narrative is total nonsense. Donít buy in.

Comment

Thiago would be better if we didn't have Fabinho in defense i think.
                                                  Correct. And Hendo.

But theyíre playing center half because 2021.

Comment

You are. This narrative is total nonsense. Donít buy in.
                                                    Eh I mean I have watched every minute of him on the team in games. Iím not just reading this and regurgitating.

Comment

• Penalty. Thank jesus

Comment

Eh I mean I have watched every minute of him on the team in games. Iím not just reading this and regurgitating.
                                                        Heís playing in a piecemeal midfield because of injuries that I doubt any club could possibly absorb. Put Henderson and Fabinho with him and see what happens.

Theyíre burned out and have lost too many key players. Hope they finish 4th and call it a season. Get everyone back fit and make a run next year.

Comment

Heís playing in a piecemeal midfield because of injuries that I doubt any club could possibly absorb. Put Henderson and Fabinho with him and see what happens.

Theyíre burned out and have lost too many key players. Hope they finish 4th and call it a season. Get everyone back fit and make a run next year.
                                                          I get. Itís why Iím tryin not to be too judgemental. :)

Comment

• Allison lolz

Comment

• Fucking clown show.

Comment

• Three straight home losses. Ugh. Allison

Comment

• Causal, no confidence, no urgency.

Just awful. They’ve got a full blown crisis.

Comment

• I can’t finish a post without them fucking up again.

Just incredible how fast and hard this club fell off.

Comment

• WTH. Just a mess. We need to shake up the team somehow.

Comment

• This was a must win game. Let’s just qualify for CL and move on.

Comment

This was a must win game. Let’s just qualify for CL and move on.
                                                                          Yep, that is the goal we need the cash to reenergize the team.

Comment

• They were going to get embarrassed today. It was inevitable.

Top 4 is a reach people. 68 in a row at home to three losses straight and no goals?

You better hope top half at this point. They’re done.

Comment

• Allison can’t be fully healthy right?

Comment

Allison canít be fully healthy right?
                                                                                That had a match fixing look about it. He played in Italy, you know.

Seriously. WTF?

Comment

• 5 titles in 9 years and no Saudi takeover of Newcastle. All that’s left is Europe for City, and they’ll get it this year.

Foden is a decent haircut away from being sensational.

United and Chelsea’s last title defenses look like Liverpool this year. I don’t think they get top 4. This form is horrendous.

Comment

5 titles in 9 years and no Saudi takeover of Newcastle. All thatís left is Europe for City, and theyíll get it this year.

Foden is a decent haircut away from being sensational.

United and Chelseaís last title defenses look like Liverpool this year. I donít think they get top 4. This form is horrendous.
                                                                                    They'll never get Europe. Pep is trash in Europe.
                                                                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• This match will most likely be remembered as the Allision game, because of what he did in the second half....but Phil Fu*cking Foden is incredible.

He has a great opportunity to be City's Gerrard,Lampard,Terry, Kane. Young local English talent that will be one of the best players in the world for the next decade.

I cannot wait to continue to watch his career develop. All the money City have spent over the last decade, and their best player for the next decade may well be a local lad from Stockport... what a story that would be.

Liverpool is an incredible team (even though they have been struggling as of late), to win 4-1 at a ground like Anfield is an incredible achievement.

Disclaimer* The streak will not be over until we beat Liverpool with a full stadium at Anfield, but damn today felt pretty good regardless.

Comment

They'll never get Europe. Pep is trash in Europe.
                                                                                        This is the year. Covid is the wild card. Empty stadiums, power clubs having down years. This is it. Theyíre in form and relatively fit by Covid standards.

Domestically itís a done deal as long as heís there. Liverpool had to go unbeaten for a year and a half to knock them off. Think about that.

Comment

• PHILIP WALTER FODEN

Comment

This is the year. Covid is the wild card. Empty stadiums, power clubs having down years. This is it. Theyíre in form and relatively fit by Covid standards.

Domestically itís a done deal as long as heís there. Liverpool had to go unbeaten for a year and a half to knock them off. Think about that.
                                                                                            They'll find a way to screw it up. Pep will have some goofy tactics that blows up in his face per usual. Its in his DNA.
                                                                                            Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Longing for full stadiums again.

Comment

• Quite a reckoning for Barcelona yesterday. I have to assume that come August Messi is either with Inter Milan or City. I don't know if he's quite ready for MLS or if they can afford him. He probably wants another go around for a title and Champions League. City and Inter can give him those.

On the other hand, Mbappe is 22 and really becoming a sensational player. Again, with Barca and Real's money issues, Citah is the only team that can really afford what PSG is asking. As long as this pandemic is a reality, I think we'd better get used to hearing that only City and PSG will be able to afford certain players. Barca and Real's financial issues are going to hurt not only them but the selling clubs.

Mbappe is wasting away in Ligue 1. If he goes to England his brand would be exponently better as well as his development.

If your club has American owners, good luck in the next few years. Sucks paying for 4 or 5 yachts.

Comment

• Nice showing from Pool. Kabak looked much more comfortable. He was my MoTM

Comment

Nice showing from Pool. Kabak looked much more comfortable. He was my MoTM
                                                                                                    Kabak is good, he's just young and has been playing with a shit Schalke side for too long. I think he will perform well and they will have to choose to buy him or not. Klopp has been an admirer of his for some time now. A fit Virgil and Kabak? Yes, please.

Curtis Jones is sensational. He just turned 20 a few weeks ago. Kid is the absolute mustard. In 944 Premier League minutes the team has scored 20 and conceded 10 with Cujo on the pitch. In the 1338 he has not been on the pitch they have scored 25 and conceded 20. There needs to be a place for him out there so long as Hendo and or Fabinho are still forced to play center half. He was brilliant yesterday. He's also playing himself onto the England National Team soon enough. Has a confident arrogance. Smooth and calm on the ball.

It was good to get the win and clean sheet, and sadly they had to go all the way to Budapest to play a team from Germany to have a match where the officating wasn't complete shit, but I was still concerned that despite the performance they didn't create too much for themselves. That's going to continue to be a problem going forward.

That said, they pounced on a couple of mistakes and turned them to goals. Had a few breaks finally fall their way and to my knowledge no one was injured. I hope they piss pound Everton on Saturday for fucking up Virgil.

Comment

• I enjoy seeing Everton get run.

Won't enjoy Mbappe and Messi playing with this Citah group next year. Sheesh.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X