Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Vpoll] Marijuana, Weed, Pot

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Vpoll] Marijuana, Weed, Pot

    Ok. So you all know how I stand on this subject. With the whole Michael Phelps thing this past week I wanted to know your thoughts.

    Take this little fun fact to mind first:

    ANNUAL AMERICAN DEATHS CAUSED BY DRUGS

    TOBACCO ........................ 400,000
    ALCOHOL ........................ 100,000
    ALL LEGAL DRUGS ................ 20,000
    ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS .............. 15,000
    CAFFEINE ....................... 2,000
    ASPIRIN ........................ 500
    MARIJUANA ...................... 0
    ----------------------------------------
    Source: United States government...
    National Institute on Drug Abuse,
    Bureau of Mortality Statistics
    185
    a:2:{i:979;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:979;s:6:"nodeid";s:7:"2882043";s:5:"title";s:31:"Legalize it for christ sake!!!!";s:5:"votes";i:185;s:6:"voters";a:185:{i:0;s:4:"1318";i:1;s:4:"4004";i:2;s:4:"3577";i:3;s:4:"2775";i:4;s:4:"1545";i:5;s:4:"5029";i:6;s:4:"4540";i:7;s:4:"4830";i:8;s:4:"4279";i:9;s:4:"5126";i:10;s:4:"3382";i:11;s:4:"4858";i:12;s:4:"4057";i:13;s:4:"1297";i:14;s:4:"4141";i:15;s:2:"28";i:16;s:4:"3020";i:17;s:2:"74";i:18;s:4:"3271";i:19;s:4:"3476";i:20;s:4:"2799";i:21;s:4:"7597";i:22;s:4:"8116";i:23;s:4:"1304";i:24;s:4:"2501";i:25;s:4:"5056";i:26;s:4:"7228";i:27;s:4:"9353";i:28;s:4:"5234";i:29;s:4:"5176";i:30;s:4:"9081";i:31;s:4:"7943";i:32;s:4:"6062";i:33;s:4:"9656";i:34;s:4:"9211";i:35;s:4:"8878";i:36;s:4:"5061";i:37;s:4:"7013";i:38;s:4:"8259";i:39;s:4:"3223";i:40;s:4:"5548";i:41;s:4:"9700";i:42;s:4:"7553";i:43;s:4:"4091";i:44;s:4:"7051";i:45;s:4:"5326";i:46;s:4:"2319";i:47;s:4:"6718";i:48;s:4:"7357";i:49;s:4:"8899";i:50;s:4:"9367";i:51;s:4:"8202";i:52;s:4:"3649";i:53;s:4:"8107";i:54;s:4:"8204";i:55;s:4:"4674";i:56;s:4:"5353";i:57;s:5:"10868";i:58;s:4:"9648";i:59;s:4:"6188";i:60;s:5:"11453";i:61;s:4:"4995";i:62;s:4:"7469";i:63;s:4:"8636";i:64;s:4:"7451";i:65;s:4:"6778";i:66;s:4:"7858";i:67;s:4:"7977";i:68;s:5:"13405";i:69;s:4:"7521";i:70;s:4:"3131";i:71;s:4:"6567";i:72;s:4:"3472";i:73;s:4:"8778";i:74;s:4:"6721";i:75;s:4:"4303";i:76;s:4:"5728";i:77;s:4:"7554";i:78;s:4:"8448";i:79;s:4:"6518";i:80;s:4:"7457";i:81;s:4:"6870";i:82;s:4:"7712";i:83;s:4:"6760";i:84;s:4:"9276";i:85;s:4:"6747";i:86;s:4:"6305";i:87;s:4:"7062";i:88;s:5:"22708";i:89;s:4:"5540";i:90;s:4:"3436";i:91;s:4:"8005";i:92;s:4:"7565";i:93;s:5:"21285";i:94;s:4:"6549";i:95;s:4:"8019";i:96;s:4:"9326";i:97;s:5:"20103";i:98;s:4:"2349";i:99;s:4:"9011";i:100;s:4:"6190";i:101;s:4:"9301";i:102;s:4:"3676";i:103;s:4:"9945";i:104;s:5:"16814";i:105;s:4:"7990";i:106;s:4:"8075";i:107;s:4:"9539";i:108;s:5:"15849";i:109;s:4:"7006";i:110;s:4:"9516";i:111;s:4:"6686";i:112;s:4:"1482";i:113;s:4:"9250";i:114;s:4:"7334";i:115;s:4:"5695";i:116;s:5:"20375";i:117;s:4:"6154";i:118;s:4:"6203";i:119;s:4:"6402";i:120;s:4:"9663";i:121;s:4:"5395";i:122;s:4:"7115";i:123;s:4:"9287";i:124;s:5:"11992";i:125;s:4:"9126";i:126;s:4:"9227";i:127;s:4:"9279";i:128;s:4:"7829";i:129;s:4:"7780";i:130;s:4:"5492";i:131;s:5:"22772";i:132;s:4:"8793";i:133;s:4:"9318";i:134;s:4:"5485";i:135;s:4:"7370";i:136;s:4:"7960";i:137;s:4:"5585";i:138;s:5:"92049";i:139;s:3:"628";i:140;s:4:"4280";i:141;s:5:"13439";i:142;s:5:"19798";i:143;s:4:"6127";i:144;s:4:"6909";i:145;s:4:"8487";i:146;s:5:"14013";i:147;s:4:"1228";i:148;s:4:"9324";i:149;s:5:"11360";i:150;s:5:"83063";i:151;s:6:"121883";i:152;s:4:"9334";i:153;s:5:"15480";i:154;s:5:"28982";i:155;s:4:"7834";i:156;s:4:"5561";i:157;s:4:"7478";i:158;s:4:"9315";i:159;s:4:"2056";i:160;s:6:"120834";i:161;s:4:"7329";i:162;s:4:"4040";i:163;s:4:"9235";i:164;s:4:"2604";i:165;s:4:"8357";i:166;s:5:"17147";i:167;s:5:"22445";i:168;s:4:"9603";i:169;s:6:"120333";i:170;s:4:"7954";i:171;s:5:"18107";i:172;s:4:"8146";i:173;s:4:"2411";i:174;s:4:"7924";i:175;s:4:"8128";i:176;s:4:"6374";i:177;s:4:"1374";i:178;s:5:"13542";i:179;s:6:"195625";i:180;s:4:"8101";i:181;s:6:"204940";i:182;s:5:"14466";i:183;s:4:"7976";i:184;s:6:"132974";}}i:980;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:980;s:6:"nodeid";s:7:"2882043";s:5:"title";s:42:"Keep it illegal pot is for losers and NDOM";s:5:"votes";i:53;s:6:"voters";a:53:{i:0;s:4:"4656";i:1;s:4:"1455";i:2;s:4:"2794";i:3;s:4:"4396";i:4;s:4:"3138";i:5;s:4:"2986";i:6;s:4:"4366";i:7;s:4:"3176";i:8;s:4:"4725";i:9;s:4:"8068";i:10;s:3:"259";i:11;s:4:"6214";i:12;s:2:"90";i:13;s:4:"8532";i:14;s:4:"5737";i:15;s:4:"4030";i:16;s:4:"8016";i:17;s:4:"8100";i:18;s:2:"50";i:19;s:4:"7585";i:20;s:4:"6390";i:21;s:4:"8765";i:22;s:4:"1594";i:23;s:4:"7516";i:24;s:4:"3861";i:25;s:4:"8201";i:26;s:4:"3742";i:27;s:4:"8072";i:28;s:5:"13925";i:29;s:4:"1750";i:30;s:4:"8104";i:31;s:4:"8043";i:32;s:4:"7500";i:33;s:4:"9142";i:34;s:4:"7888";i:35;s:4:"4723";i:36;s:4:"7547";i:37;s:4:"1437";i:38;s:3:"251";i:39;s:5:"19541";i:40;s:6:"112878";i:41;s:5:"14793";i:42;s:4:"6283";i:43;s:4:"9123";i:44;s:5:"20887";i:45;s:6:"114094";i:46;s:4:"9387";i:47;s:5:"16489";i:48;s:4:"8788";i:49;s:6:"147611";i:50;s:5:"71543";i:51;s:6:"133023";i:52;s:4:"7584";}}}
    100.00%
    185

  • #2
    i don't really care either way. i don't do it. i have seen it derail a potential D1 pitcher's career though.

    Comment


    • #3
      My first girlfriend, Marijuana Gonzalez, used to grow weeds in a pot. I think it was a science project.

      She turned me on to Cracker Jacks (gift inside).

      Comment


      • #4
        While I agree that it doesn't "kill" so to speak, I've seen it zap many of my old friends motivations and leave them pretty useless. Would I want it more readily available so that more people would be watching late-night adult cartoons, with pastdue bills on the counter? Probably not. Although it now becomes a "how much does it cost to prevent rather than to just legalize it" type argument.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NDOM View Post
          Ok. So you all know how I stand on this subject. With the whole Michael Phelps thing this past week I wanted to know your thoughts.

          Take this little fun fact to mind first:

          ANNUAL AMERICAN DEATHS CAUSED BY DRUGS

          TOBACCO ........................ 400,000
          ALCOHOL ........................ 100,000
          ALL LEGAL DRUGS ................ 20,000
          ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS .............. 15,000
          CAFFEINE ....................... 2,000
          ASPIRIN ........................ 500
          MARIJUANA ...................... 0
          ----------------------------------------
          Source: United States government...
          National Institute on Drug Abuse,
          Bureau of Mortality Statistics
          Zero deaths attributed to marijuana? Serious? There has to be some pothead who burned his house down trying to make pizza rolls at 4am or something. I haven't touched it in 10 years, but it might as well be legalized.
          2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

          Comment


          • #6
            legalize it. tax it. regulate it. i say do it with all drugs..... regulate the content, some drugs are still prescription, some you can buy. people want to ruin their lives, its fine by me. but lets tax them for doing it. hell our government is going to need to come up with that 900 billion to offset the stimulus plan, they are gonna tax everything anyway. either that or print a shitload of money and make the American dollars worth nothing. getting off subject, but yeah legalize it.

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't think that it is a big problem for people that want to do it, but I just...oh, dude my dog is laying there, just staring at me as I type this. What? Do you ever think that your dog is trying to communicate to you telepathically? Sometimes when I'm eating something, my dog just stares at me without blinking for, like, a really long time. Totally freaks me out. Some animal style fries from In & Out would be so good right now. My keyboard is making more noise than usual. Should I be worried about that? I am watching Ren and Stimpy right now and I totally get it because Ren is all bossy and really high strung, but Stimpy is just out to be happy and have a good time and he is good to Ren no matter how mean Ren is to him. I had a mean boss and I tried to just be nice to him no matter what and...wait, what was the question?
              We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. C.S. Lewis

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GO IRISH!!! View Post
                I don't think that it is a big problem for people that want to do it, but I just...oh, dude my dog is laying there, just staring at me as I type this. What? Do you ever think that your dog is trying to communicate to you telepathically? Sometimes when I'm eating something, my dog just stares at me without blinking for, like, a really long time. Totally freaks me out. Some animal style fries from In & Out would be so good right now. My keyboard is making more noise than usual. Should I be worried about that? I am watching Ren and Stimpy right now and I totally get it because Ren is all bossy and really high strung, but Stimpy is just out to be happy and have a good time and he is good to Ren no matter how mean Ren is to him. I had a mean boss and I tried to just be nice to him no matter what and...wait, what was the question?
                HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT!! LAUGHING OUT FREEKING LOUD! Dude you're STONED!!!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GO IRISH!!! View Post
                  I don't think that it is a big problem for people that want to do it, but I just...oh, dude my dog is laying there, just staring at me as I type this. What? Do you ever think that your dog is trying to communicate to you telepathically? Sometimes when I'm eating something, my dog just stares at me without blinking for, like, a really long time. Totally freaks me out. Some animal style fries from In & Out would be so good right now. My keyboard is making more noise than usual. Should I be worried about that? I am watching Ren and Stimpy right now and I totally get it because Ren is all bossy and really high strung, but Stimpy is just out to be happy and have a good time and he is good to Ren no matter how mean Ren is to him. I had a mean boss and I tried to just be nice to him no matter what and...wait, what was the question?
                  LMFAO!!!

                  I say legalize it. I dont believe that legalizing it would create alot more stoners. I mean this stuff is so easy to get anyway its not like there is a lot of people out there that dont do it now but would if it was legal. If people want to smoke it they are going to, legal or not.
                  Be honest, even if you dont smoke everyone on this site at least knows where they could get it if they wanted to.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I totally get what we are all talking about... but... Wooahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm looking at my hands man... and I just started like... thinking... Eats gingersnap cookie what IS the sound of one hand clapping? Ohhhhh and if they are called like... fingers... then Eats second gingersnap cookie what do they fing?







                    Dude...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by IrishAddiction View Post
                      people want to ruin their lives, its fine by me.
                      I agree with that mostly, but the problem is....with crack, meth, etc, the junkies (no relation to me) steal, rob, etc when they need a fix. I don't recall hearing about anyone going on a rampage when they run out of weed. Legalize weed, not the rest.
                      2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i think they should make cigarettes illegal...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          i don't really care either way. i don't do it. i have seen it derail a potential D1 pitcher's career though.
                          I've seen the same thing. But this guy was a potential D1 football player. Kid was 6'1 and about 205 as a sophmore. Over the summer started smoking pot between his sophmore and junior year and didn't even play football his senior year. This kid was an absolute beast on the football field. What a waste.
                          Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Legalize it and then tax the shit out of it.
                            Cleveland Browns

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have been around enough pot heads to know that those who use it preach that it is not addicitive and yet go off the deep end when their source runs dry... claim it's not as bad as other drugs yet often take other drugs (icluding Alcohol) with it... say it does this and that yet all THEY do is sit on their ass and watch opportunity after opportunity pass them by... and claim it is no danger to socitey yet I did work with a social outreach for those who committed felonies while on drugs or alcohol and 90 percent of the fools in the program were on pot at the time of their arrest...

                              I can't say if I think the drug should be legal or not with absolute certainty... BUT this crap about it being better than this or that and from the earth and such is absolute garbage, people need to grow up
                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by NDboy15 View Post
                                Legalize it and then tax the shit out of it.
                                I tend to agree
                                This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  You never know who is doing what.
                                  Last edited by NeuteredDoomer; 02-09-2009, 08:06 AM.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by NDboy15 View Post
                                    Legalize it and then tax the shit out of it.
                                    Winner winner.........chicken dinner!

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by NDboy15 View Post
                                      Legalize it and then tax the shit out of it.
                                      Exactly! Tax it good. But only legalize weed. I can't see heroin being sold at the local Walgreens.
                                      Beat USC...every year...every year. I hate 'em.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by no.1IrishFan View Post
                                        Winner winner.........chicken dinner!
                                        lol

                                        I have no involvement in the process... Maybe a beer or two.

                                        But if NDOM successfully kicks a field goal, the vote will be 17 to 10. With time remaining...
                                        Last edited by NeuteredDoomer; 02-09-2009, 12:13 PM.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Wonder how they came up with the zero number. When I was in high school, a kid in town drove under a semi, decapitating himself and seriously injuring his co-pilot. He had just smoked weed, and later it was found to have a hullucinagenic drug mixed in. According to the frined, he was hallucinating, and actually trying to drive under the truck.

                                          Now here's where everyone says he just had bad stuff, and needs to know where it came from. Well, it came from his brother, who attempted suicide later, though failed. So, in a round a bout way, it can kill.

                                          I have a cousin who had a 5 year sentence for growing, and did half the time. He said it was worth it because he made tons of jack in the process, and cnsiders prison part of the deal.

                                          Personally I don't partake, because I think it's all mental. I smoked once, and didn't notice a thing while everyone around me was on the moon. We used to sell 'fake" joints in grade school, made of dried white clover flowers, which smells just like pot. Try it this summer. Of course, everyone got high off those too. Besides, standing on your head gives you quite a rush, and it's free! If you're gonna smoke, I don't mind if it's home grown. When you buy the stuff, it's likely from Mexico. In doing so, you fuel the drugs wars, rapes kidnappings, and murders that go on at our border. That's some heavy stuff to think about just so you can get theoretically high.

                                          Now, back to your bongs friends! I know my scare tactics don't work!

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by MirageSmack View Post
                                            Wonder how they came up with the zero number. When I was in high school, a kid in town drove under a semi, decapitating himself and seriously injuring his co-pilot. He had just smoked weed, and later it was found to have a hullucinagenic drug mixed in. According to the frined, he was hallucinating, and actually trying to drive under the truck.

                                            Now here's where everyone says he just had bad stuff, and needs to know where it came from. Well, it came from his brother, who attempted suicide later, though failed. So, in a round a bout way, it can kill.

                                            I have a cousin who had a 5 year sentence for growing, and did half the time. He said it was worth it because he made tons of jack in the process, and cnsiders prison part of the deal.

                                            Personally I don't partake, because I think it's all mental. I smoked once, and didn't notice a thing while everyone around me was on the moon. We used to sell 'fake" joints in grade school, made of dried white clover flowers, which smells just like pot. Try it this summer. Of course, everyone got high off those too. Besides, standing on your head gives you quite a rush, and it's free! If you're gonna smoke, I don't mind if it's home grown. When you buy the stuff, it's likely from Mexico. In doing so, you fuel the drugs wars, rapes kidnappings, and murders that go on at our border. That's some heavy stuff to think about just so you can get theoretically high.

                                            Now, back to your bongs friends! I know my scare tactics don't work!
                                            the legalization and regulation of the drug trade would help to end the violence you spoke of. also, i too am sure there are deaths related to pot but that's not the issue.

                                            it should be placed on the same level as alcohol in the publics eye. with the same limitations to your freedoms when consumed. many successful people smoke or eat or [insert next generation consumption method] without losing the motivation of a potential DI pitcher or football player. just as many careers in sports have been lost due to alcoholism.

                                            people need to be able to dedicate free time to the use of these mind and mood adjusters. otherwise you have no business using it. young people often have too much time on their hands and aren't good at scheduling appropriate times to use both alcohol and pot.

                                            the only reason i wouldnt encourage anyone to smoke pot is bc it's illegal to possess. take that part of the equation out and it's a whole new story.
                                            Last edited by 06ntlchmps; 02-09-2009, 03:44 PM.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Not to get all Woody Harrelson and stuff here, but there is a significant other byproduct of legalization that I am very fond of. Outside of the taxation possibilities and the reduction of the "criminal" element, the American farmer would benefit greatly as well. Cannibus has shown to replentish the soil with vital nutrients other cash crops strip away. This would allow the American farmer to rotate cannibus among their other cycles of crops while also gaining additional government subsidies to plant and cultivate the crop.

                                              Furthermore, restrictions and limitations could be imposed by the FDA that would restrict certain, more potent, strains of marijuana and protect some more harmful strains of the drug from entering the publics consumption causing some of the issues other posters have described above. The same laws would most likely apply to marijuana as they do to alcohol - age limits, being under the influence while in public, driving under the influence, etc. You wouldn't have people just blazing up as they walk down the street.
                                              We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. C.S. Lewis

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Interesting issue ahead for NCAA/colleges in Colorado, Washington. Can you suspend a kid for something that's now legal in that state?


                                                from twitter

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by DSully1995 View Post
                                                  Interesting issue ahead for NCAA/colleges in Colorado, Washington. Can you suspend a kid for something that's now legal in that state?


                                                  from twitter
                                                  On school grounds maybe for consumption but possession doubt it.
                                                  "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Unfortunately it will still be illegal federally and since a team won't play all their games at home it will still be enforced.
                                                    Prehistoric

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Originally posted by DSully1995 View Post
                                                      Interesting issue ahead for NCAA/colleges in Colorado, Washington. Can you suspend a kid for something that's now legal in that state?


                                                      from twitter
                                                      The school can probably make it illegal on the campus.
                                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                        Unfortunately it will still be illegal federally and since a team won't play all their games at home it will still be enforced.
                                                        Thats correct and from what i understand if you are on an interstate and get pulled over the can charge you for it because you are on a federal roadway.
                                                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          I highly doubt they are going to charging people with a federal crime for having minuscule amounts of herb....

                                                          Look at CA... chasing the big boys/criminals etc
                                                          "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Originally posted by SoCal_NDfan View Post
                                                            I highly doubt they are going to charging people with a federal crime for having minuscule amounts of herb....

                                                            Look at CA... chasing the big boys/criminals etc
                                                            Missing the point. NCAA. First word: National. Until the entire country legalizes it the NCAA will still have it on the banned substances.
                                                            Prehistoric

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Originally posted by SoCal_NDfan View Post
                                                              I highly doubt they are going to charging people with a federal crime for having minuscule amounts of herb....

                                                              Look at CA... chasing the big boys/criminals etc
                                                              They don't have to charge them but it will give the police the opportunity to search the vehilce which then possibly leads to wanted subjects, gun trafficing, other drug trafficing. So that would help the bigger cities.
                                                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                Thats correct and from what i understand if you are on an interstate and get pulled over the can charge you for it because you are on a federal roadway.
                                                                Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                Missing the point. NCAA. First word: National. Until the entire country legalizes it the NCAA will still have it on the banned substances.
                                                                I got confused with the first post saying "you" so I thought people in general. But yeah college kids on school related activites I highly doubt they will be able to even have any on them.

                                                                Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                They don't have to charge them but it will give the police the opportunity to search the vehilce which then possibly leads to wanted subjects, gun trafficing, other drug trafficing. So that would help the bigger cities.
                                                                Agree... but the vast majority of people who smoke don't have to worry about guns or trafficking because they do neither.
                                                                "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  Originally posted by SoCal_NDfan View Post
                                                                  I got confused with the first post saying "you" so I thought people in general. But yeah college kids on school related activites I highly doubt they will be able to even have any on them.



                                                                  Agree... but the vast majority of people who smoke don't have to worry about guns or trafficking because they do neither.


                                                                  You would be surprised the stuff people try to get away with.
                                                                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Originally posted by NDboy15 View Post
                                                                    Legalize it and then tax the **** out of it.
                                                                    Impossible.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                      [/B]

                                                                      You would be surprised the stuff people try to get away with.
                                                                      ha ha I've heard of "gateway drug" now we have "gateway crime" lol
                                                                      "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Anyone wanna go in on a few Domino's franchises with me in CO?

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Originally posted by SoCal_NDfan View Post
                                                                          ha ha I've heard of "gateway drug" now we have "gateway crime" lol
                                                                          lol good call
                                                                          Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Originally posted by Who'saWildManNow View Post
                                                                            Anyone wanna go in on a few Domino's franchises with me in CO?
                                                                            On the late train, anything remotely profitable that is connected with mj has been gobbled up.


                                                                            but if you find anything...
                                                                            "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              road trip!

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                I live in Colorado and to be honest, it's basically legal already. All you need is $250 and a headache and you can get your card from a doctor. Heck, doctors offices swipe your debit card before you even go in to see him/her. Why I voted for it (don't smoke it) is because they are now able to tax it and put the first $40 million into the education system (I know how ironic that it). To be honest, it all comes down to the federal government as well. They can bring the hammer down at any time if they so choose. What I see as a problem are the morons that are going to come visit thinking Denver is Amsterdam. It won't even be completely legal for close to a year. So it should be interesting if nothing else.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Who'saWildManNow View Post
                                                                                  Anyone wanna go in on a few Domino's franchises with me in CO?
                                                                                  Were you talking about Taco Bell or White Castle (less expensive, late hours and drive-thru windows) I'd be "in like Flynn." It's all culinary crap. It's all about possible market share. You spend big bucks on herb and you don't give a sht about what you shove down your gullet as long as it's available when most needed ... and inexpensive.

                                                                                  Set up free delivery at 3 AM and ya gots a deal.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by porterbela View Post
                                                                                    I live in Colorado and to be honest, it's basically legal already. All you need is $250 and a headache and you can get your card from a doctor. Heck, doctors offices swipe your debit card before you even go in to see him/her. Why I voted for it (don't smoke it) is because they are now able to tax it and put the first $40 million into the education system (I know how ironic that it). To be honest, it all comes down to the federal government as well. They can bring the hammer down at any time if they so choose. What I see as a problem are the morons that are going to come visit thinking Denver is Amsterdam. It won't even be completely legal for close to a year. So it should be interesting if nothing else.
                                                                                    Don't you need a state Id or residence to get a mmj card, I think that's how it goes in Ca but not sure of the exact details.
                                                                                    "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      This is just an excuse to get weed.
                                                                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        The medical part or the legalization part?
                                                                                        "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          Doritos sales up 78%

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            I'm moving to Colorado

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              Dude...do you know how well University of Colorado and UW is going to do in recruiting now! They are going to smoke (pun intended) the competition.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                                                                                Impossible.
                                                                                                Why?

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  Wow!.....it's been a while since this thread was created. I really never got into pot but I have several friends who do it regularly. Every once in a great while I'll succumb to the pressure though.

                                                                                                  I think the last time was the USC game last year? At halftime I was like eff it, and a buddy had some. I think I pm'd NDOM to tell him I was high. Lol


                                                                                                  I tore the A$$ end out of some Mac n' cheese that day.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    As It would so happen….I have written many papers on this topic here recently all with valid resources (facts not opinions) and it’s not just the medical benefits to consider or the excuse to just smoke weed.
                                                                                                    1. No recorded deaths CAUSED directly by marijuana, this is a fact, what people do after they consume is completely different.
                                                                                                    2. Studies have PROVED that if the united states were to complete decriminalize marijuana that it would cut 30 percent of cartel profits. This would also dramatically slow other drug trades like meth, heroin, and cocaine in the US potentially cutting cartel profits even more.
                                                                                                    3. There is no denying the medical benefits of the drug. I personally had a problem with prescription drugs caused by medical procedure. Doctors had no problem writing scripts and I took full advantage. Prescription drugs are worse than marijuana from an addiction standpoint.
                                                                                                    4. The gateway theory is just that a theory no proof to back any part of it. If weed is a gateway to harder drugs then that would mean nicotine is a gateway to opiates.
                                                                                                    5. Profitability. The numbers researched are estimated to be 40 BILLION a year in profits.
                                                                                                    Do irresponsible people get high and do stupid things? Yes. Do irresponsible dumb asses get behind the wheel and drive and fight everyone when they get liquid courage? Yes.
                                                                                                    Last edited by domerfreak; 11-07-2012, 10:18 AM.

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X