No announcement yet.

What do you miss the most on IE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss getting the inside info before it hit other ND sites.

What happened to NDinLA and GBDomer?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
      When you just invested in the website and then there's this thread

Seriously though, now that we've got a *KNOCKS ON WOOD FURIOUSLY* stable website, we're starting to see increased guest counts.

Hopefully we can start converting some of those guests into newbies when the heat of the football season has everyone anxious to share their opinions on BK's quarterback development.

OR, we need some really crazy recruiting drama to unfold. I signed up back in early 2012 so I could talk about Davonte Neal lol.
      I miss a few of the posters, but I agree with this final sentiment. I joined when Aaron Lynch was at the Army Bowl and Kelly met with him in his hotel room after decommitting from us earlier. That class was loads of fun to watch all year. Tons of drama, all the rumors that were swirling around, etc. I honestly think that the lack of drama the last few classes has really put a damper on things. The last time I was constantly checking IE was Caleb Kelly and/or Demetrius Robinson. COVID played a part in last years class, but also we are just recruiting a lot earlier and have established a system that seems to be working. Freeman might change that though, so I am hoping we get some fireworks.

GB, Wiz, LA, a few others come to mind as well of guys that I definitely would like to hear from again. I also really miss Panda giving us straight copy and pasted privileged paywall articles, even though I understand why he can't. It just made it feel a little like the wild west over here, and like we were sticking it to the man. But that is besides the point.

I still love this site though, and a lot of the guys that are around. The new site I think is a lot better than the old, kudos to all of those involved with that transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by irishandy View Post
        I miss getting the inside info before it hit other ND sites.

What happened to NDinLA and GBDomer?
        I’ll call my shot and guess GB lurks

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
          my degree is in International Policy which 99% of you did not know because I don't flex on that here.
          no muscle.gif

;)

Comment

I know Wiz and ACamp are still out there. I reached out to both of them just before the website change, and they both mentioned they were just kind of taking a break and planned to be back in closer to the season.

Comment

The feedback is always appreciated. Some of it can be controlled which we look forward to bringing or bringing back and some of it can't. Some thoughts below.

I think while Covid kept people home and engaged online it was difficult for what we usually do around here from a recruiting standpoint. You can't grab highlights or clips from summer camps, throwing sessions, etc and put them here if they don't exist which is what happened last Spring and summer. No visits equals no visit updates. I think we've got some decent action lately with some of the recent stuff like Spring season highlights, camps starting to happen, etc. I hope to continue to do my part in bringing that when I can.

I also think we could do some things with adding more content and I think you'll start to see more of that as we get the site running the way we want by the Fall. Like Crus likes to say, content is king! I have an idea for myself that will be getting started here this weekend with regards to a weekly recruiting thread. I'll have to come up with a catchy name for it, if anybody has any ideas let's hear them. It'll be a one thread catch all for the week, some of the stuff might be double posted from individual recruit threads but this will ensure that some things aren't being missed. Plus I'll share some thoughts on aggregated information that I've read over the time period.

We're going to get into a really busy recruiting stretch in June so I expect things to be fun around here. There is a TON of good news coming our way. Let's figure out how to best enjoy this with the IE community.

Comment

I know Wiz and ACamp are still out there. I reached out to both of them just before the website change, and they both mentioned they were just kind of taking a break and planned to be back in closer to the season.
                I am pretty sure that Wiz was on 24 hour watch the second the Disney parks closed. I am glad that you reached out to him. Im also guessing that Wiz is frequently contacted by whoever makes those God awful vacation shirts that he wears to make sure that he is still kicking because I think Wiz is probably his only customer.
                Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                  The feedback is always appreciated. Some of it can be controlled which we look forward to bringing or bringing back and some of it can't. Some thoughts below.

I think while Covid kept people home and engaged online it was difficult for what we usually do around here from a recruiting standpoint. You can't grab highlights or clips from summer camps, throwing sessions, etc and put them here if they don't exist which is what happened last Spring and summer. No visits equals no visit updates. I think we've got some decent action lately with some of the recent stuff like Spring season highlights, camps starting to happen, etc. I hope to continue to do my part in bringing that when I can.

I also think we could do some things with adding more content and I think you'll start to see more of that as we get the site running the way we want by the Fall. Like Crus likes to say, content is king! I have an idea for myself that will be getting started here this weekend with regards to a weekly recruiting thread. I'll have to come up with a catchy name for it, if anybody has any ideas let's hear them. It'll be a one thread catch all for the week, some of the stuff might be double posted from individual recruit threads but this will ensure that some things aren't being missed. Plus I'll share some thoughts on aggregated information that I've read over the time period.

We're going to get into a really busy recruiting stretch in June so I expect things to be fun around here. There is a TON of good news coming our way. Let's figure out how to best enjoy this with the IE community.
                  I appreciate all that you and all the other involved players have done to ensure that we still have the IE Community.
                  Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

Comment

Originally posted by DONTH8 View Post

I miss a few of the posters, but I agree with this final sentiment. I joined when Aaron Lynch was at the Army Bowl and Kelly met with him in his hotel room after decommitting from us earlier. That class was loads of fun to watch all year. Tons of drama, all the rumors that were swirling around, etc. I honestly think that the lack of drama the last few classes has really put a damper on things. The last time I was constantly checking IE was Caleb Kelly and/or Demetrius Robinson. COVID played a part in last years class, but also we are just recruiting a lot earlier and have established a system that seems to be working. Freeman might change that though, so I am hoping we get some fireworks.

GB, Wiz, LA, a few others come to mind as well of guys that I definitely would like to hear from again. I also really miss Panda giving us straight copy and pasted privileged paywall articles, even though I understand why he can't. It just made it feel a little like the wild west over here, and like we were sticking it to the man. But that is besides the point.

I still love this site though, and a lot of the guys that are around. The new site I think is a lot better than the old, kudos to all of those involved with that transfer.
                    lololol "hey no copy+paste paywall articles panda."

"Ok!"

*2 days later* (copy + paste) "lol"
                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Sorry YJ, but if you want to discuss business with someone, it might be best to message them.
                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                        Sorry YJ, but if you want to discuss business with someone, it might be best to message them.
                        So you censored my offer to a poster and erase my post. come on man.

I just got a text from another owner.

More silencing? F'ing russia??

I'm happy to have conversations but lets not censor.

kill my handle from many years because i'm challenging i'm offering a prospect....

BB - I like you most at least top, and you're doing this?

hey whiskey..... chime in here. it's for your best.
                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

I got a text from an owner, and tried to schedule a call. Waiting on a time.....

Comment

EDIT: deleting my post for the time being
                            Last edited by IrishLax; 04-29-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

Please stay Z.

Personally I've tried to stayed out of of the tics. Harder now but I still feel the same. You're a dude. Stay.
                              Oh I'm not leaving, just not as involved as I used to be.

Comment

NDCrus is one of the main reasons I keep coming on, he brings the info well before anyone else.

I feel like the banned users list might be longer than active posters list now.

I would love to see if domerdomain could merge with IE and get some fresh blood on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                  NDCrus is one of the main reasons I keep coming on, he brings the info well before anyone else.

I feel like the banned users list might be longer than active posters list now.

I would love to see if domerdomain could merge with IE and get some fresh blood on the board.
                                  We thought about that. Same investors owned both sites, so if we bought DD we were going to fold them into one. But they didn't have a ton of people/traffic... might be worth revisiting this or just reaching out to them directly.

Purging the banned list is also not a terrible idea and just seeing what happens.

And yeah, Crus is definitely board MVP bringing the goods on a regular basis. There is a lot of weird stuff being posted, but I'm like 95% sure that Whiskey reached out to him directly when we were gaining control of the site.

Comment

Few things:
                                    • New site is relatively vanilla? The old site felt unique with the vBucks (I was somehow Top 10 in wealth) and just the design. I even miss the little stuff like having the stars next to the commits on the front page.
                                    • While the political threads are avoidable, it does feel like there is more relative activity focused on those threads now. It feels like there is an entire subset of posters that come here only to talk politics.
                                    • Miss some of the insiders (TP), old posters (Wooly), and banned posters (Koon kept things lively with his terrible takes).
                                    • I got here right as the BK era was starting and watched the site grow as his tenure matured. It's only natural for the site to be "less exciting" now that we have a HC in his 13th season.

Comment

Originally posted by DONTH8 View Post

EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                        I'm not sure if this is serious or not, it kind of reads like you're kidding. On topic -- you should learn the history of Gold Helmet. Original owner of this site sold it after getting threatened by lawsuits from some premium sites for appropriating content. So he lets this one go and starts a new one with the idea of bringing literally everyone from here to there. Guess which one which one is completely dead, and which one grew rapidly from '08 to the mid 2010s? This whole thread reads weird if your goal is actually to... what? Create a breakaway site and get rich on it? Because that's not really how these sites work, but go for it.

For the past decade plus, IE was owned by random investors. It's weird to me that this is a topic now and literally never before. "Content" creators are just... people posting stuff. This isn't Youtube or TikTok or a blog. This is a forum to engage with others. Do people actually think this is a profit making endeavor? We put up some cash so that the site could have an attentive custodian. We run one total banner ad lol... our goal is to hopefully cover operating costs.

Anyways, it is basically impossible to start a community site from scratch in this day and age. There are lots of reasons for this, most of them obvious like needing a critical mass of people to function at all. And others, like the prevalence of Reddit and Twitter and 247, have altered the landscape of fan forums. There are three non-premium sites that are operational with reasonable traffic -- IrishEnvy, NDNation, and UHND. That's it. It's possible to have some luck with a blog, and you succeed with that then more power to you. This whole thread is just weird.
                                        If you're responding to my post.....

but my previous offer is gold, and solid to the recipient whom I've neve.r met.

I only admire his effort, like I've admired your posts for may years.

LAX. I love your history. You are a great poster.

Comment

If you're responding to my post.....

but my previous offer is gold, and solid to the recipient whom I've neve.r met.

I only admire his effort, like I've admired your posts for may years.

LAX. I love your history. You are a great poster.
                                          Good stuff. I went ahead and deleted my post for the time being because I have to run to practice and gotta hop offline for a few hours. But I sent you a DM and hit me back whenever.

Comment

So you censored my offer to a poster and erase my post. come on man.

I just got a text from another owner.

More silencing? F'ing russia??

I'm happy to have conversations but lets not censor.

kill my handle from many years because i'm challenging i'm offering a prospect....

BB - I like you most at least top, and you're doing this?

hey whiskey..... chime in here. it's for your best.
                                            Huh? I'm not trying to censor you. Like I said, I just think if you want to propose some kind of business endeavor with someone on here, you should probably do so privately. If that's not what the post was, then I'm confused, but it definitely seemed that way.

The bottom half of your post I literally am struggling to get a grasp on, no offense. I'm not trying to "kill your handle" unless you're talking about some whiskey.

I actually appreciated you starting this thread because the feed back from everyone is nice.
                                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Golden is Thy Fame (s/o the bump of Tebow thread) is the fastest there has ever been in update posting.

Related to that, not the slightest jab at the current crop but nothing was like certain 247 - Sapp updates back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

Huh? I'm not trying to censor you. Like I said, I just think if you want to propose some kind of business endeavor with someone on here, you should probably do so privately. If that's not what the post was, then I'm confused, but it definitely seemed that way.

The bottom half of your post I literally am struggling to get a grasp on, no offense. I'm not trying to "kill your handle" unless you're talking about some whiskey.

I actually appreciated you starting this thread because the feed back from everyone is nice.
                                                the start of the thread is the same in thought as the further post that were scraped.

the goal is the same.

IE rules.

Have Whiskey call me post 8est.

BB - don't get caught up in stupid shit.

Comment

Just went over to DD for the first time in forever and see someone purchased them and updated their site as well. Still looks like they are pretty slow traffic wise compared to IE.

Comment

Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                    Just went over to DD for the first time in forever and see someone purchased them and updated their site as well. Still looks like they are pretty slow traffic wise compared to IE.
                                                    IE took a hUUUUUUge step forward in a short time.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                      For me... the recruiting talk started to dwindle too much for my liking during the start of Covid of all times when I had plenty of time to yap. Then mama bought me a 247 sub last year without asking me (which in the beginning I didn't want/interact with) but as Covid drug on, I started to interact there because it provided instant response in threads as opposed to here where you post something and wait till tomorrow to read the follow ups.[/I]
                                                      This is just going to be my personal rant, with no audience in particular, but my lord how I absolutely hate the 24/7 board. It's the most consistently negative place with every member doing their best to make every single inane thought into it's own separate thread. No musing is too petty, small, or obvious to not warrant it's own thread with it's very own vague subject line that tells you nothing until you take the time to click on it. To give a sample of what their board consistently looks like:

Buchner...
                                                      When are we going to admit...
                                                      The portal
                                                      Michigan...
                                                      Tim P, a question...
                                                      D-Line
                                                      NFL Draft
                                                      Hey Loy
                                                      NFL draft
                                                      Future Drafts
                                                      No First Rounders
                                                      NFL Draft watch
                                                      Colzie...
                                                      Owusu...
                                                      Just a reminder...

With each one of these "threads" being what would be considered a low effort post here. It's got all the rhythm and cadence of reading a telegram from a coy person who wants to leave you in suspense.

I really like the staff there, and I think the coverage is very good, but the board needs moderation and ongoing threads so badly.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

The format for threads on IE is far superior to those other sites.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

This is just going to be my personal rant, with no audience in particular, but my lord how I absolutely hate the 24/7 board. It's the most consistently negative place with every member doing their best to make every single inane thought into it's own separate thread. No musing is too petty, small, or obvious to not warrant it's own thread with it's very own vague subject line that tells you nothing until you take the time to click on it. To give a sample of what their board consistently looks like:

Buchner...
                                                          The portal
                                                          Michigan...
                                                          Tim P, a question...
                                                          D-Line
                                                          NFL Draft
                                                          Hey Loy
                                                          NFL draft
                                                          Future Drafts
                                                          No First Rounders
                                                          NFL Draft watch
                                                          Colzie...
                                                          Owusu...
                                                          Just a reminder...

With each one of these "threads" being what would be considered a low effort post here. It's got all the rhythm and cadence of reading a telegram from a coy person who wants to leave you in suspense.

I really like the staff there, and I think the coverage is very good, but the board needs moderation and ongoing threads so badly.
                                                          I took one of their deals for membership to see if I could integrate and I simply couldn't. I really like their staff, Tim and Tim do a great job with their content. Loy and Couv have quality recruiting updates. But I couldn't handle the community, imagine the most toxic group of a fanbase and give them an echo chamber. It has to be a weird mix of those guys who bought the billboard to get rid of Kelly (lol) and people who follow Driskell.

Side note, Driskell has lightened up his tone but he is still so self-assured and always talking about what ND "should have done". His certainty of his own opinion will be his demise or he'll get really good at obfuscating facts and pumping the things he gets right. Kind of like Limbaugh, Koon, etc.

I left and came back here because life is too short to waste it on negativity.

This board isn't sunshine n roses but this place has the best balance of good and bad.

Comment

Yea, 247 board sucks hard.

Comment

Originally posted by tussin View Post
                                                              Few things:
                                                              • New site is relatively vanilla? The old site felt unique with the vBucks (I was somehow Top 10 in wealth) and just the design. I even miss the little stuff like having the stars next to the commits on the front page.
                                                              • While the political threads are avoidable, it does feel like there is more relative activity focused on those threads now. It feels like there is an entire subset of posters that come here only to talk politics.
                                                              • Miss some of the insiders (TP), old posters (Wooly), and banned posters (Koon kept things lively with his terrible takes).
                                                              • I got here right as the BK era was starting and watched the site grow as his tenure matured. It's only natural for the site to be "less exciting" now that we have a HC in his 13th season.
                                                              We had to go vanilla due to the upgrade problems. We are defintely gong to make more improvements once the sit ebecomes stable. Hang tight please.
                                                              "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

We had to go vanilla due to the upgrade problems. We are defintely gong to make more improvements once the sit ebecomes stable. Hang tight please.
                                                                Lol I was gonna say....please don't mess around with shit too much too soon.
                                                                Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Buchner...
                                                                  The portal
                                                                  Michigan...
                                                                  Tim P, a question...
                                                                  D-Line
                                                                  NFL Draft
                                                                  Hey Loy
                                                                  NFL draft
                                                                  Future Drafts
                                                                  No First Rounders
                                                                  NFL Draft watch
                                                                  Colzie...
                                                                  Owusu...
                                                                  Just a reminder...

Yep, the 247 produced content is the only thing that matters there. The community is 95+% worthless. My ignore list there is easily over 50 people... including Greg Gabriel who turns out to be either a world class drunk poster or an old man who yells at clouds when he mixes up his meds. 101% Whackadoodle.

What I enjoy most about 247 is the ability to go to other team sites and go through their stories for prospects I'm interested in. Loy and Kev do a good job at what they do but it stays concentrated on prospects that have gone public with ND. They do not want to get into (have time) data mining off platform news potentially connecting prospects to ND or associated Twitter flow.

Anyway, the all in one, non-quarriable timeline blows. IE owns all others in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

lololol "hey no copy+paste paywall articles panda."

"Ok!"

*2 days later* (copy + paste) "lol"
                                                                    This rivaled only by:

Koon: "Should I buy a time share?"

Everyone on the board: "No."

*2 days later*: Koon: "I'm getting a time share"

Comment

Buchner...
                                                                      The portal
                                                                      Michigan...
                                                                      Tim P, a question...
                                                                      D-Line
                                                                      NFL Draft
                                                                      Hey Loy
                                                                      NFL draft
                                                                      Future Drafts
                                                                      No First Rounders
                                                                      NFL Draft watch
                                                                      Colzie...
                                                                      Owusu...
                                                                      Just a reminder...

This is in full effect right now. Impossible to go there today I opened it and closed it after taking the tally to post here. Everyone wants their own thread lol.

Blake Fisher - Blue Gold Game
                                                                      WR play today
                                                                      Things that Stood Out: B&G
                                                                      Random Game Comments
                                                                      Ok guys hear me out
                                                                      Take It or Leave It: B&G Postgame
                                                                      I don’t remember a time during the spring game

all of these are poster created threads that ignored the designated thread for today

Comment

Have I said the 247 board sucks hard

Comment

any way to enter a thread and for it to automatically go to the last post I read?

Comment

Edit: NVM, misread your post.

Comment

• #88
                                                                              VBucks... where are my 978,658,109,848,774 VBucks?

Comment

• #89
                                                                                Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                                                                                any way to enter a thread and for it to automatically go to the last post I read?
                                                                                It should do that automatically with any thread you’ve got a subscription to.

I'm pretty sure that when I use the notifications page to navigate to threads, it goes to the first unread post since the last time you were there.

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post

Clicking on the blue icon next to the title of the thread either on the Front Page or on any page of the forum should take you to the first unread post.

firstnew.png

It should do that automatically with any thread you’ve got a subscription to.

I'm pretty sure that when I use the notifications page to navigate to threads, it goes to the first unread post since the last time you were there.

This works as well for subscriptions.
                                                                                  Last edited by clashmore_mike; 05-02-2021, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    I remember when I first made my account in 2011 and the recruiting threads/posts were constant and IE is what got me into recruiting. It seemed like we had tons of posters making recruiting threads and constantly bringing news. Now, it feels like it's Crus, Lucci, and a couple others.

I don't post nearly as much as I used to and that needs to change. Hopefully June is a strong recruiting month for the Irish and that'll pretty much lead us right into Fall camp. This site should be rolling by then.

Comment

• #92
                                                                                      Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                                      I remember when I first made my account in 2011 and the recruiting threads/posts were constant and IE is what got me into recruiting. It seemed like we had tons of posters making recruiting threads and constantly bringing news. Now, it feels like it's Crus, Lucci, and a couple others.

I don't post nearly as much as I used to and that needs to change. Hopefully June is a strong recruiting month for the Irish and that'll pretty much lead us right into Fall camp. This site should be rolling by then.
                                                                                      And I've been way off in content creation the past two years... especially last year when I spent more time on 247. The Classes of '21 & '22 have half the profile pages that '20 and prior did. Content is king.

I'll be back to Class of 2020 and earlier levels with the Class of '23 and '24.

For a while, Irish Envy would come up at the top, (like Top 5-6 on page 1) with the Paid Sites when doing searches for prospects and ND because we had so much traffic and built pages. That's fantastic organic performance considering paid sites are investing in SEO and have more overall users throughout their network to leverage. The former owners may have had the old site built in ways to leverage other sites they owned by backlinking but it didn't sound like they were investing any capital to maximization.

Recruiting is entering a golden age for ND and I want to ride the wave for sure. Lets get Envy back to the #1 repository of indexed & quarriable ND info on the net and show guys on other free sites and paid sites why the most intelligent talk is here and that Envy is a must stop for their Irish Football 411.

I got all kinds of ideas... just waiting on my employee packet that seems to have gotten hung up in the mail.

Comment

• #93
                                                                                        I miss my vbook!
                                                                                        GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          The club for Gentlemen like myself,....
                                                                                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                                            A sighting's been made!

Comment

• #96
                                                                                              Where the hell have you been hiding? I thought maybe you found that hole in the wall joint with your ultimate burrito and decided never to leave. lol

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                The GENTLEMAN'S CLUB!!!! that was always entertaining LOL.

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

Clicking on the blue icon next to the title of the thread either on the Front Page or on any page of the forum should take you to the first unread post.

firstnew.png

This works as well for subscriptions.
                                                                                                  Excellent, thanks!

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Where the hell have you been hiding? I thought maybe you found that hole in the wall joint with your ultimate burrito and decided never to leave. lol
                                                                                                    The government took me to the middle of the Nevada desert again,... hate when that happens
                                                                                                    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post

The government took me to the middle of the Nevada desert again,... hate when that happens
                                                                                                      When they came for me... they totally tricked me with this:
                                                                                                      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X