What do you miss the most on IE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you miss the most on IE?

IE is a great place but seems to be dwindling (new owners please add stats).

What do you miss most in the past 10 years? In short, why have you tuned out?
    I'm getting to be an old F and football just isn't as interesting.
    0%
    I don't follow recruiting as much
    8.82%
    Covid killed my IE time
    0%
    ND isn't what they what they used to be, stop kidding yourself
    0%
    I miss insider stuff and input from guys like TP and others
    35.29%
    Politics killed the IE star
    29.41%
    I'm just tired of "next year"....
    0%
    I miss banned posters
    8.82%
    The new website sucks (it's been awesome lately)
    5.88%
    Other... please list
    11.76%
    I'm just to young to know the greatness of IE
    0%
    Last edited by Irish YJ; 04-29-2021, 07:16 AM.
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

A combo of the above. Being honest, I miss the older posters, the banned dumb asses, the insiders, the guys that died and are no longer are with us.

Biden said last night, Make IE great again. Cack handed him the speech. But he didn't read it. I vote for a weekly article from Whiskey (yes, come back to us).

Comment

Hey Ya'll. Missed you guys. First time posting on the new site.
      Initially, like most, I had alot of trouble even getting on the site. Its been weeks since Ive had any issues.
      For me, I miss the old guard. I have built some solid relationships with many of you on here and I miss the interaction with my crew. Within the past several years, there have been a few that have risen from nowhere and just simply put, "put a bad taste in my mouth". One thing I cant stand is a "Know it all" that refuses to listen to others opinions especially when they are "debating" issues. Some people just like to be heard but end up making themselves look like an absolute jackass. Just my two cents. I think the COVID thread and Politics thread made me want to reduce my time on here but I just stay out of them now. Cheers to the old guard and the "newbies" that actually contribute rational thoughts and have added to the enjoyment of the site. To the know it alls....you do you.
      Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

Comment

Originally posted by irishnd31 View Post
        Initially, like most, I had alot of trouble even getting on the site. Its been weeks since Ive had any issues.
        For me, I miss the old guard. I have built some solid relationships with many of you on here and I miss the interaction with my crew. Within the past several years, there have been a few that have risen from nowhere and just simply put, "put a bad taste in my mouth". One thing I cant stand is a "Know it all" that refuses to listen to others opinions especially when they are "debating" issues. Some people just like to be heard but end up making themselves look like an absolute jackass. Just my two cents. I think the COVID thread and Politics thread made me want to reduce my time on here but I just stay out of them now. Cheers to the old guard and the "newbies" that actually contribute rational thoughts and have added to the enjoyment of the site. To the know it alls....you do you.
        Same here. But we've always had to have a tough skin lol (in some areas). I agree it's a bit different now. Not sure the dynamics lol but don't be cuffed. It's not like that. The new owners are a mix of extremes too lol.

Be you.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

Same here. But we've always had to have a tough skin lol (in some areas). I agree it's a bit different now. Not sure the dynamics lol but don't be cuffed. It's not like that. The new owners are a mix of extremes too lol.

Be you.
          Agree on all counts. Good hearing from you buddy

Comment

Agreed. I do miss all the older guys. I miss the NEW POSTS button.... I miss the insider info that folks brought to the site even if it wasn't always spot on. There used to be times when you would get info here before any of the other sites had it. Gold Club. Miss it. Good to see you. Crazy to think you and I have been visiting IE for 15 years give or take.
            Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. It’s my job to make sure we become that family.”

Comment

really the politics getting drug into a lot of threads, almost feels at times people come here for the sole purpose of politics vs it being ND football, overall just doesn't feel the same ---don't seem to have much of a connection to the site anymore.....miss the connection i had w/ a lot of other posters and looked forward to their input....there is still a few here i really enjoy hearing their opinions on but i miss the way the board felt to me a few years ago
              EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

GBDomer, he always brought it and in my lurking days he was the one poster I legit always read. I think a new guy like Dale does a tremendous job adding more than the usual "Great get by ND!" or "ND will never recruit at a high level". NDinLA was a boss too, his posts were always worth the read.

Of course seeing the guys like Lucky/Crus/Lax/Dublin/YJ gives it that nostalgic feel like I'm still watching Caleb Kelly's snapchat for any sort of ND mention.

Comment

We have allowed the political threads to exist because if people want to talk about it, let them. But I still to this day always think that discussing politics online only makes us all miserable and angry so I don't take part.

I do miss a lot of our old posters. And even some of the ones I've banned, occasionally. I always tried to make it clear that I never had hard feelings for anyone, it's an internet message board. But sometimes timeouts and bans had to be given.

I would mention that we still have insiders on the board here. They just don't throw every baseless thing out there like an Epitome did (that's wayyy back ain't it?) or have the simple eye catching tag lines of "buzz buzz" like TP. lol Plenty of knowledge to be had around this board though and it's freaking free. There ain't much you find on paid sites that doesn't make its way here.

The new site is definitely different and took a lot longer to get stable than any of us wanted, but when we purchased it, we didn't realize that it was just going to take a stiff breeze to knock the whole thing over. It was time for updating and that was a more strenuous process than we expected. We are always open to ways we can improve the site though. (As ND fans, we also have a desire to never want to change tradition, but I never expected to see so many people upset to see an outdated site get a makeover. I got a chuckle when I went to domerdomain and saw people bad mouthing the new look of the site....) I think as people get more acquainted with the site and all of its functionalities and personal ability to customize, they will greatly appreciate the new site. We have also had some ideas on how to take the next step so be on the look out for that. ;)

I think recruiting has also lost a lot of its spectacle so that doesn't help. NSD isn't as big of an event as it once was especially since most of our kids sign on the early date now. It is still nice to follow but I think there are a lot less surprises now. Great for our health, bad for the business maybe. haha
                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

I've noticed it on other college sports forums as well...I think they just aren't maybe as popular as they used to be.

Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Comment

I replied earlier, not sure if I was blocked. lol. Love ya bud.

Originally posted by goldandblue View Post

Agreed. I do miss all the older guys. I miss the NEW POSTS button.... I miss the insider info that folks brought to the site even if it wasn't always spot on. There used to be times when you would get info here before any of the other sites had it. Gold Club. Miss it. Good to see you. Crazy to think you and I have been visiting IE for 15 years give or take.
                        Yep, some guys "who knew" were treated differently. It was fun though.

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                        really the politics getting drug into a lot of threads, almost feels at times people come here for the sole purpose of politics vs it being ND football, overall just doesn't feel the same ---don't seem to have much of a connection to the site anymore.....miss the connection i had w/ a lot of other posters and looked forward to their input....there is still a few here i really enjoy hearing their opinions on but i miss the way the board felt to me a few years ago
                        It definitely needs to stay segregated. I personally love some folks that are opposite spectrum. They'd buy me a beer I think.

Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
                        GBDomer, he always brought it and in my lurking days he was the one poster I legit always read. I think a new guy like Dale does a tremendous job adding more than the usual "Great get by ND!" or "ND will never recruit at a high level". NDinLA was a boss too, his posts were always worth the read.

Of course seeing the guys like Lucky/Crus/Lax/Dublin/YJ gives it that nostalgic feel like I'm still watching Caleb Kelly's snapchat for any sort of ND mention.
                        thanks for the mention. I'd buy you a beer. i might punch you. i'd really try not to though. just kidding. if you're an Irish fan, you'd be welcome at my Irish Camp, just ask Cack.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

When you just invested in the website and then there's this thread

Seriously though, now that we've got a *KNOCKS ON WOOD FURIOUSLY* stable website, we're starting to see increased guest counts.

Hopefully we can start converting some of those guests into newbies when the heat of the football season has everyone anxious to share their opinions on BK's quarterback development.

OR, we need some really crazy recruiting drama to unfold. I signed up back in early 2012 so I could talk about Davonte Neal lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                            We have allowed the political threads to exist because if people want to talk about it, let them. But I still to this day always think that discussing politics online only makes us all miserable and angry so I don't take part.

I do miss a lot of our old posters. And even some of the ones I've banned, occasionally. I always tried to make it clear that I never had hard feelings for anyone, it's an internet message board. But sometimes timeouts and bans had to be given.

I would mention that we still have insiders on the board here. They just don't throw every baseless thing out there like an Epitome did (that's wayyy back ain't it?) or have the simple eye catching tag lines of "buzz buzz" like TP. lol Plenty of knowledge to be had around this board though and it's freaking free. There ain't much you find on paid sites that doesn't make its way here.

The new site is definitely different and took a lot longer to get stable than any of us wanted, but when we purchased it, we didn't realize that it was just going to take a stiff breeze to knock the whole thing over. It was time for updating and that was a more strenuous process than we expected. We are always open to ways we can improve the site though. (As ND fans, we also have a desire to never want to change tradition, but I never expected to see so many people upset to see an outdated site get a makeover. I got a chuckle when I went to domerdomain and saw people bad mouthing the new look of the site....) I think as people get more acquainted with the site and all of its functionalities and personal ability to customize, they will greatly appreciate the new site. We have also had some ideas on how to take the next step so be on the look out for that. ;)

I think recruiting has also lost a lot of its spectacle so that doesn't help. NSD isn't as big of an event as it once was especially since most of our kids sign on the early date now. It is still nice to follow but I think there are a lot less surprises now. Great for our health, bad for the business maybe. haha
                            Of course, I miss the reading posts from the Old Guard. I mean, I don't even see posts from Old Man Mike about the OL as much as I used to. I can't imagine much of that is within your control. I think you and the other new owners should be commended for your work on transitioning and improving this site. Sure, there were hiccups, and it seems most were unexpected. Overall, bravo, fellas! Keep up the great work!

Comment

I'm guessing you'll see an influx of posters as we approach/go through the season. Especially if we have some early success. Right now is a bad time to expect engagement. Hopefully there is a critical mass reached and we see the community take off.

NSD has lost some of it's appeal unless you make a late push for players.

a "Whiskey weekly" column would be very welcome. Philosophy, football, religion, anything - I really enjoyed his content/contributions.

It took a while for me to update my bookmark for the site so the original address kept erroring out. I almost quit trying. Same for the registration process, took a few months for me to get registered and almost gave up. Wonder if others have given up a tad quicker?

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                Hey BB, thanks for the easier way (new and easier) to break down / reply.

I now believe,

you're correct. but it's only because people can't see each other.

But it's not why some left.

Bannned.... most are more than happy to be done with. Perhaps some are changed. Perhaps some want to come back and want to be good citizens. ???

I agree, but if we're grading insider input, I'd put us at 20% now....

The new site is awesome. Those that know IE are here. Slow stuff didn't push us off. The other sites.... meh.

Comment

For me it is a couple of things:

I do miss a lot of the former posters that were super active. The back and forth banter used to be extremely entertaining. I miss that more than I miss the insider info.

I get having the political threads and understand why they are here. Unfortunately politics seem to bleed into other threads and conversations as well. I also think that the political division caused by those threads has resulted in people relating to one another differently in other threads.

I wonder how much impact other social media sites have had on IE.

Comment

I disagree with the premise of the OP because I don't miss anything about 'old IE'. I think it's the sport as a whole that has changed for me. I don't care about recruiting really as long as it's going well. I don't think I've watched a recruit's tape since like the class of '15. Just don't find it interesting anymore. Ever since the Deontay Greenberry saga recruiting really lost it's luster for me at least. In terms of the football actually being played, I still live and die by their performance every Saturday, but I don't really care much to argue with someone online who is thinks that Chris Tyree is slow because of our strength and conditioning program.

Comment

Originally posted by goldandblue View Post

Great hearing from you too my friend!! Agree on all points!
                                      Has it been 15 years? Good lord, my time on IE lasted longer than my marriage. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                        When you just invested in the website and then there's this thread

Seriously though, now that we've got a *KNOCKS ON WOOD FURIOUSLY* stable website, we're starting to see increased guest counts.

Hopefully we can start converting some of those guests into newbies when the heat of the football season has everyone anxious to share their opinions on BK's quarterback development.

OR, we need some really crazy recruiting drama to unfold. I signed up back in early 2012 so I could talk about Davonte Neal lol.
                                        You now have better infrastructure.

And you're an awesome poster.

win/win.....

embrace the suggestions and rule the Irish cosmos

you have a very loyal fanhood.

Comment

I replied earlier, not sure if I was blocked. lol. Love ya bud.

Love back at ya brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                                            Same for the registration process, took a few months for me to get registered and almost gave up. Wonder if others have given up a tad quicker?
                                            Just out of curiosity, when did you originally try signing up? I do remember seeing your username pop up for approval last month. The main issue (I think) with the old setup/software was new users were put into a category where they needed to click a link in a verification email to complete their registration. The verification emails hadn't been being processed by the software for I don't know how long. Myself and the other mods had no way of seeing these new accounts waiting approval. I've made a switch to not needing email verification and cleaned up all of the bots that were in the queue (like 70,000 of them) so it is much easier to see when there is a new account needing approval. I apologize that you had issues but hopefully that is taken care of for the future.

Comment

For the record...

Not trying to get banned. Not trying to be anti-IE

Just the opposite.

Need more of the new owners, plus some of the old stuff...

Comment

thanks for the mention. I'd buy you a beer. i might punch you. i'd really try not to though. just kidding. if you're an Irish fan, you'd be welcome at my Irish Camp, just ask Cack.
                                                As much as we get after each other I do like reading your football posts. And, I do miss you around the political parts, I know there's at least some logic behind your thoughts.

Comment

As much as we get after each other I do like reading your football posts. And, I do miss you around the political parts, I know there's at least some logic behind your thoughts.
                                                  I would love a beer with you, especially if you can fish or hunt. I have a few northern buds that are crazy libs but can navigate fingers and find the best pike. I spent a week with a guide who bitched about Canada. He works for a buddy of mine now in FL.

Comment

I like the "new" IE. But what is killing message boards in general is political bleed over. It makes people disengage. I go to one board which is conservative and liberals are attacked. Then I go to another site and liberals attack conservatives. Social media has killed our ability to talk and reason.

Comment

I would love a beer with you, especially if you can fish or hunt. I have a few northern buds that are crazy libs but can navigate fingers and find the best pike. I spent a week with a guide who bitched about Canada. He works for a buddy of mine now in FL.
                                                      You must have found the 3 people north of the GTA that are liberals lol. Grew up fishing and camping (winter camping is an absolute bitch of a time) but becoming a Toronto native a few years back has transformed me into a avocado toast soft type.

Comment

I'm an other...job responsibilities continue to increase and time is harder to find.

Comment

You must have found the 3 people north of the GTA that are liberals lol. Grew up fishing and camping (winter camping is an absolute bitch of a time) but becoming a Toronto native a few years back has transformed me into a avocado toast soft type.
                                                          I enjoy ice fishing and regular fishing as long as beer is involved.
                                                          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Although I'm still around, I do not like the Politics board being on the Front Page. I wish we could hide them like the last site.

I also miss a lot of guys who don't come around anymore. Wooly's and my opinions hardly ever converged, but I thought he was a benefit to the site. Thank God that Cack is back.

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                              Although I'm still around, I do not like the Politics board being on the Front Page. I wish we could hide them like the last site.

I also miss a lot of guys who don't come around anymore. Wooly's and my opinions hardly ever converged, but I thought he was a benefit to the site. Thank God that Cack is back.
                                                              Please stay Z.

Personally I've tried to stayed out of of the tics. Harder now but I still feel the same. You're a dude. Stay.

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

Just out of curiosity, when did you originally try signing up? I do remember seeing your username pop up for approval last month. The main issue (I think) with the old setup/software was new users were put into a category where they needed to click a link in a verification email to complete their registration. The verification emails hadn't been being processed by the software for I don't know how long. Myself and the other mods had no way of seeing these new accounts waiting approval. I've made a switch to not needing email verification and cleaned up all of the bots that were in the queue (like 70,000 of them) so it is much easier to see when there is a new account needing approval. I apologize that you had issues but hopefully that is taken care of for the future.
                                                                Oh man, probably close to 7-9 months ago. I remember it was during the season. I probably submitted 5+ new account requests from 2 different email addresses. I thought maybe it was the email address I was using or the name and I looked for a link. I'm guessing my request got caught in what you described above. It's not a big deal, I'm glad it's resolved because that was an unfortunate barrier to entry.

Comment

I miss in no order:
                                                                  • Whiskeys always amazing and thorough discussion threads
                                                                  • OMM OL analysis
                                                                  • BGIFs womens basket ball threads
                                                                  • Johhnkillz
                                                                  • Wooly( where the fuck are you)
                                                                  • Buster Bluths Community development posts
                                                                  • me being a somewhat contributive poster instead of a shit poster. After my multiyear hiatus there is definitely a different tenor to the board.
                                                                  • Redbar (always a positive interaction)
                                                                  • ACamp (where the hell has he been)
                                                                  Ive met some really intersting people here and in general have nothing but good things to say about all of you. I too wish the politics wasnt so cantankerous but here we are. I try my best not to make it worse but invariably I do lol
                                                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

I first new CA in Newfoundland or Labrador. You'll probably laugh at that.

Come at me bitch

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                      I miss in no order:
                                                                      • OMM OL analysis
                                                                      • Johhnkillz
                                                                      • me being a somewhat contributive poster instead of a shit poster. After my multiyear hiatus there is definitely a different tenor to the board.
                                                                      Ive met some really intersting people here and in general have nothing but good things to say about all of you. I oo wish the politics wasnt so cantankerour but here we are and I try my best not to make it worse but invariably I do lol
                                                                      boom

and

boom

Comment

For me... the recruiting talk started to dwindle too much for my liking during the start of Covid of all times when I had plenty of time to yap. Then mama bought me a 247 sub last year without asking me (which in the beginning I didn't want/interact with) but as Covid drug on, I started to interact there because it provided instant response in threads as opposed to here where you post something and wait till tomorrow to read the follow ups.

What makes this site work is an overload of content creation. I prefer IE when it's humming because it creates a definable timeline in thread format for each topic / recruit. When you create content on other sites or find a topic you want to follow, it eventually disappears into the sands of time and is not quarriable.

So the question to ask is: How do you get the site back to 2017-2019 levels of recruiting talk / team prognostication / performance evaluation?

The answer is always content creation but how does that get done today?

Another question: What's the ROI on content creation in non-ND Football related threads vs. ND Football? Facebook's user experience sucks for a reason. The politics crap on a football site is just that... and my degree is in International Policy which 99% of you did not know because I don't flex on that here.

I'm gonna make an effort to be more involved with the site and get back to content creation.

And btw staff... still waiting for my employee packet and invitation to the next board meeting....

Comment

Woah, wait up. Where's Whiskey?

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                            and my degree is in International Policy which 99% of you did not know because I don't flex on that here.

.[/I]
                                                                            that's not a real degree.
                                                                            Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I miss the old IE, straight from the Go IE
                                                                              Chop up the soul IE, set on its goals IE
                                                                              I hate the new IE, the bad mood IE
                                                                              The always rude IE, spaz in the news IE
                                                                              I miss the sweet IE, chop up the beats IE
                                                                              I gotta say, at that time I'd like to meet IE
                                                                              See, we invented IE, it wasn't any IEs
                                                                              And now I look and look around and there's so many IEs
                                                                              I used to love IE, I used to love IE

Pour one out for all the homies we've lost lol.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                JMO, but as far as participation, I think what has hurt IE a little is the time and trouble it took to get it converted. Not a knock on anyone because I know Clash, Beau and everyone was working hard to get it up and running. Kind of like rehabbing an old house. You start tearing out walls and find more problems! lol

Wooly, NDinLA , TPP and a few others dropped off long before the conversion. OMM was active right up to the switch. I hope he's okay. I always enjoyed it when Wooly and Koon would go at it. lol I post in the political threads, but I don't let that effect my thoughts on political posters in the other threads. We all care a lot for ND FB.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I miss in no order:
                                                                                  • OMM OL analysis
                                                                                  • Johhnkillz
                                                                                  Ive met some really intersting people here and in general have nothing but good things to say about all of you. I too wish the politics wasnt so cantankerous but here we are. I try my best not to make it worse but invariably I do lol
                                                                                  OMM was posting this last fall wasn't he? Did he officially leave the board?

Whiskey seems like he is a busy guy. I know he contributed a lot of deep knowledge in several threads so I suppose obtaining that knowledge and wisdom takes up some time. Think he has kids that are getting older too? Might be busy with them?

Buster returned....and now I dont see him post anymore? Where you at bilbo?

ACamp....shoot i think he was still posting pre-switch to new website?

Wooly dunking on people in a good-spirited way is very missed.

Fat boy wizards making a return would be very cool as well.

NDinLA was a fun poster too. I think he worked for ND as well, if I recall he seemed to have an inside scoop on things anyway.
                                                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    I miss in no order:
                                                                                    • OMM OL analysis
                                                                                    • Johhnkillz
                                                                                    Didn't I see Whiskey post on here recently? You're right about ACamp. He dropped off unexpectedly. Maybe he found that perfect burrito in a little hole in the wall joint and hasn't left since! I can't remember his name. Who was our man that worked at ESPN and owned like 50 pairs of shoes? Was taking his family on vacation to Disney World like every other month.

Edit: Just saw ND's post. That was Wizard that I was thinking off. IIRC he got a new job and moved (MN?). I don't think we heard from him since.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Didn't I see Whiskey post on here recently? You're right about ACamp. He dropped off unexpectedly. Maybe he found that perfect burrito in a little hole in the wall joint and hasn't left since! I can't remember his name. Who was our man that worked at ESPN and owned like 50 pairs of shoes? Was taking his family on vacation to Disney World like every other month.

Wiz was our Disney guy. He got in for some hot video game talk I think and then went back to tending frozen heads.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Looks like OMM was last logged in February 11, which was 2 days after we started transferring the site. It very well could have been he had trouble logging on and said screw it. Does anyone have his offline contact info that would be able to reach out?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          The volatility and volume of posts just has been in the OT threads rather than recruiting threads. In the hay day, you could expect any nugget of news would draw opinion from 5+ people. Which often led to disagreement but 90% of the time not anything worth remembering an hour later. One person disagrees with one person now and then that’s it lol. Wooly, Bogs, GB, myself, Lax, Koon, others were likely addressing most posts

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I voted insider stuff - not that I miss TP. When I joined there was a lot of content sharing. I am not talking about openly providing sub information. But there was tons of providing links to articles, tweets, etc. that allowed you to be very engaged with the current roster and recruiting.

It seems every year there is less and less of bringing content to the board. I know there was a big push to stop providing some info from the sub sites and I think a combination of that request plus what seems to be some affiliations with those sites has really provided a lull in information as well as people maybe unsure what they can bring over/provide quotes from. You are either a paid sub guy who can get all that information elsewhere or you can follow twitter and get the same info thats brought to this board. The information here is no longer unique - Outside of perhaps game day threads where we can all bitch and moan.

There are a few posters that really do bring some good convo over and analyze film, recruiting, but its significantly less than it used to be. Some of this im sure is aging, families, work etc.

I also miss the vbooks, although it seemed like the interest in that was significant dying too.
                                                                                            Prehistoric

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              the growth of Twitter is also hurting forums like this. Like if you had a twitter account and followed all the ND beat writers and some of the national guys you could probably get 99% of the info that gets posted on here

Would be interested to know the demographics of users on here too, is there anyone here younger than 25 for instance? I would guess not
                                                                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Traffic dipped down a bunch while the site was broken, but has been steadily climbing back up since.

In general, the site always has about a quarter of the traffic during this time of the year then it does fall through signing day.

I think the new site currently misses a lot of the little things... vbucks, flair, etc. ... which we have to find a way to add back in. But at least right now everything is functional. Big picture -- we are probably going to be working on having all the bells and whistles and aesthetics and formatting straight for a 2.0 launch before the season kicks off.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                                  Traffic dipped down a bunch while the site was broken, but has been steadily climbing back up since.

In general, the site always has about a quarter of the traffic during this time of the year then it does fall through signing day.

I think the new site currently misses a lot of the little things... vbucks, flair, etc. ... which we have to find a way to add back in. But at least right now everything is functional. Big picture -- we are probably going to be working on having all the bells and whistles and aesthetics and formatting straight for a 2.0 launch before the season kicks off.
                                                                                                  That's good to hear. Pretty wild how broken it was initially and how smooth it is now.
                                                                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

That's good to hear. Pretty wild how broken it was initially and how smooth it is now.
                                                                                                    It was bad, certainly none of us anticipated the site literally breaking the moment we took ownership. And there are definitely more than handful of members who were very active up to the point of the broken site and then haven't been back since presumably because 1) they gave up trying to log in 2) they lost their log in credentials.

But unique user traffic is now up to levels above what it was pre-move, and traffic has picked up about 60% relative to a month ago. Nothing earthshattering but we're getting thousands of thread views a day and usually 100+ posts.

IMO, and I'm not sure if the other mods feel the same so I only speak for myself, but while it's great to have a working site we're at maybe 20% of the functionality I envision this ideally having. And our target should be to have that by fall when we usually have the highest volume for the site and things will take care of themselves.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X