Conspiracy Theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy Theories

We had a fun little derailment in the Covid-19 thread about conspiracy theories. It would be fun to hear about the conspiracy theories you all either believe in or just find oddly compelling. So put on your tin foil hats and cue the theme music for "The X-Files." Here's one to start.

The conventional wisdom about the introduction of New Coke in the 80s was that Pepsi was getting increasingly popular, especially with those taste test challenge commercials. Coke created New Coke with a flavor profile that was closer to Pepsi to fight against their losing market share. It was a disaster on every level for Coca-Cola, which soon scraped New Coke and put the original Coke back out. I worked for a franchise bottling group for Coca-Cola at one point (not during the New Coke thing) and a sales rep there told me the real story. He said that Coca-Cola had been planning to change their formula for Coke for a while but knew there'd be backlash. They didn't want to necessarily make it taste like Pepsi, they just wanted to tweak the recipe a bit. I don't remember the reason he gave, maybe something to do with wanting to use more cost-effective ingredients. His story was that Coca-Cola put out New Coke which was such a big swing away from their original formula that people would forget exactly what the original Coke tasted like. So when Coca-Cola put the real Coke back out there, with the modified recipe, it would be close enough to the original version that people who had been drinking New Coke for months wouldn't know the difference. This is also the reason why the flagship soda is called Coca-Cola Classic, instead of just Coca-Cola. Since it isn't technically the original recipe, it needed a different name. I don't believe it. I support the Occam's Razor theory in this case; there are plenty of instances of big companies trying to re-invent themselves in response to a hot new competitor with terrible results. Coke wanted to be more like Pepsi, and they screwed the pooch with New Coke. At least, that's what they want you to believe, sheeple!

JFK's driver killed him.

Also, on the topic of conspiracies, check out Q: Into The Storm. It's pretty crazy what people will devoutly believe because they read something on the internet.

Comment

The Jews did it.
      Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Joe Biden garnered 81 million votes.

Comment

....are as American as school shootings and getting drunk on Cinco de Mayo.
          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

Canada
            Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
              Canada
              Not even a real country anyway

Comment

Mine is one most, if not all, of you have never heard about. It’s referred to as “The Boys on the Tracks” for the two teenagers who were murdered in a drug dealing coverup in a small community. It showed the incompetence of the state ME, the corruption of the local police and gov’t and even had ties to Iran-Contra/Barry Seal/etc. There’s a great 4 part podcast on it for those of you who enjoy a good pod.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000383255399

Comment

That the Clintons have had a bunch of people killed. Maybe not all of the suspicious deaths that are linked to them, but some of them.

Also, Epstein didn't kill himself.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

Is it a conspiracy if everyone believes it

Comment

Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis jr did a week-long stint at Villa Venice, an unremarkable nightclub in Chicago in late 1962. This was at the height of their fame, when they were selling out the biggest venues in the country. The nightclub was owned by Chicago Outfit boss Sam Giancana. Word is that Sinatra did the gig to pay back Giancana for stealing Cook County, and therefore Illinois, for SInatra's pal JFK in the 1960 election.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Irish View Post
                        Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis jr did a week-long stint at Villa Venice, an unremarkable nightclub in Chicago in late 1962. This was at the height of their fame, when they were selling out the biggest venues in the country. The nightclub was owned by Chicago Outfit boss Sam Giancana. Word is that Sinatra did the gig to pay back Giancana for stealing Cook County, and therefore Illinois, for SInatra's pal JFK in the 1960 election.
                        This was a classic and many believe there was truth to it. It was an extremely close vote. As we’ve seen in today’s environment, the loser of that close of an election was not going to go away quietly. One of the few things I credit Nixon with is conceding the loss to avoid disruption & division in America. Can u imagine social media & camera phones back then?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Irishize View Post

This was a classic and many believe there was truth to it. It was an extremely close vote. As we’ve seen in today’s environment, the loser of that close of an election was not going to go away quietly. One of the few things I credit Nixon with is conceding the loss to avoid disruption & division in America. Can u imagine social media & camera phones back then?!?
                          I'd pay real money to see what Nixon's Twitter feed would be like. LBJ's would probably be a hoot, as well.

Comment

That the Clintons have had a bunch of people killed. Maybe not all of the suspicious deaths that are linked to them, but some of them.

Neither of these are conspiracies. I refused to do the 23&me thing forever fearing I would be a perfect kidney match for Bill Clinton or Bill Gates or some other d-bag overlord.

Comment

Speaking of, what are some good left wing conspiracies? I hear all the right wing stuff due to where I live. What are the lefties talking about?
                              "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by NDRock View Post

Speaking of, what are some good left wing conspiracies? I hear all the right wing stuff due to where I live. What are the lefties talking about?
                                Chemtrails. All my crunchy granola rural friends won't shut up about them. Started noticing it around 2008 and it kills the vibe every time.

Comment

maybe is widely accepted as fact now but jordon had to ""retire" from his gambling issues and theres some out there that believe his dad was killed as retribution for his debts.
                                  Prehistoric

Comment

climate change
                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by Folsteam_Ahead View Post

Chemtrails. All my crunchy granola rural friends won't shut up about them. Started noticing it around 2008 and it kills the vibe every time.
                                      That’s a good one, forgot about it.
                                      "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

another one that is interesting is that the internet rumors were going wild on Walt Disney's head being frozen so they created the movie "Frozen" so redirect all web searches.
                                        Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                          another one that is interesting is that the internet rumors were going wild on Walt Disney's head being frozen so they created the movie "Frozen" so redirect all web searches.
                                          I was around 13 when he died. Right after Walt Disney died we were hearing rumors that he was frozen (not just his head) until a cure could be found.

Comment

Hitler escaped to Argentina is a decent one and semi-plausible.

Comment

maybe is widely accepted as fact now but jordon had to ""retire" from his gambling issues and theres some out there that believe his dad was killed as retribution for his debts.
                                              I learned what point shaving was when my uncle swore up and down during one of the Bulls' playoff series that Jordan was intentionally missing shots to keep the score down because he had money on the game.

Comment

“Conspiracy The Secret History - Secret Heartbeat of America - The CIA And Drugs”. Check it out now on Prime Video.

Now this ^^^ is a conspiracy theory...and, if true, one of the few times that Reps & Dems successfully worked together

Comment

Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                                  “Conspiracy The Secret History - Secret Heartbeat of America - The CIA And Drugs”. Check it out now on Prime Video.

Now this ^^^ is a conspiracy theory...and, if true, one of the few times that Reps & Dems successfully worked together
                                                  That there gives it away as a conspiracy theory. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post

Also, on the topic of conspiracies, check out Q: Into The Storm. It's pretty crazy what people will devoutly believe because they read something on the internet.
                                                    I'm three episodes in and it's rather remarkable. Terrifyingly alarming, but rather remarkable.
                                                    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

I was around 13 when he died. Right after Walt Disney died we were hearing rumors that he was frozen (not just his head) until a cure could be found.
                                                      "Frozen" was a relative nightmare in story development, so it would fit the narrative if they were throwing it together quickly for unspecified reasons lol

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                      Hitler escaped to Argentina is a decent one and semi-plausible.
                                                      My wife and her dad are both hardcore believers in this one. A History Channel special brainwashed both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

That there gives it away as a conspiracy theory. Lol
                                                        Cocaine is the tie that binds!

Comment

How long do they think Hitler lived for? For the record, I think that one is crazy.

Comment

How long do they think Hitler lived for? For the record, I think that one is crazy.
                                                            It’s been a while and I don’t remember any age, but I remember there were a couple of graves dug up on the pretense it was Hitler but both were someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

"Frozen" was a relative nightmare in story development, so it would fit the narrative if they were throwing it together quickly for unspecified reasons lol

My wife and her dad are both hardcore believers in this one. A History Channel special brainwashed both of them.

IIRC he was put in a cryogenic lab in Arizona.

Comment

I've heard (relatively sane) people parrot the idea from "Fight Club" that auto makers have a formula for determining if a safety recall will cost more than potential lawsuits from people getting injured or killed in resulting car crashes. If the recall is cost prohibitive, then they let people die.

Comment

I've heard (relatively sane) people parrot the idea from "Fight Club" that auto makers have a formula for determining if a safety recall will cost more than potential lawsuits from people getting injured or killed in resulting car crashes. If the recall is cost prohibitive, then they let people die.
                                                                  It's absolutely true and not much of a secret. The most notable big one I can think of recently, where the automotive company decided it was cheaper to put people in danger, is Ford and their Focus line from 2012-2016. They had major issues with their "new" transmission technology, but were too far into production in '11 to halt assembly lines and redesign the transmission. Then, even with a large number of reports coming in over the next two or three years, Ford determined it would STILL be cheaper to ignore customers and offer repairs for the squeaky wheels, rather than recalling the vehicles and letting every owner have the option.

Now it's a class-action lawsuit, since Ford never issued an official recall.

Chevy has a similar issue with their 2010-2013 Equinox line. They shipped engines that had well-known piston ring issues, causing the engines to burn oil at a way-too-high rate after so many miles of use.

GM determined it was cheaper to change production in '13 and ignore requests for a recall... and you guessed it, there was a class action lawsuit settled in 2019 about it.

Comment

My sister works for the insurance department for a harware supply store.... lets call them Rowes....her job is to handle claims caused by the products they offer on their shelves and she has to determine if the claims (multiples of them) are worth pulling items from all the stores offered. The recall formula is real. I have seen it.
                                                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

They teach you this in your first semester of law school.
                                                                      Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

They teach you this in your first semester of law school.
                                                                        Well, I'm an English major so what do the hell do I know? Maybe they're overcorrecting now. I've owned my car for 5 years and I think I've gotten 3-4 recall notices. And when I bring it in and ask what the problem is, it always seems pretty minor.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                        Working...
                                                                        X