NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Thread

Thought we could use this to discuss all things NBA.

I'll start with todays news of the Bulls firing Tom Thibodeau. I don't know if it was the right move but I'm sure he will find another place to coach in the NBA soon.

Bulls Fire Tom Thibodeau
    GO IRISH!!!

Probably end up in LA and they can pay 4 coaches instead of 3.
    #TeamKizer

Comment

Luke Ridnour has been traded 3 times since he woke up yesterday - SBNation.com

Mid-morning on Wednesday, the Magic traded veteran reserve point guard Luke Ridnour to the Grizzlies:

Early Thursday morning, the Grizzlies forwarded Ridnour to the Hornets:

Mere hours later, the Hornets re-gifted Ridnour to the Thunder:

Luke Ridnour is getting passed around like a beach ball at a Nickelback concert!

Quentin Richardson once got traded four times over a matter of months, and Ridnour's one trade away from matching that in TWO DAMN DAYS.
      Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

Cavs fired David Blatt lolololololol

Comment

Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
          Cavs fired David Blatt lolololololol
          Just saw this, I lold.

Comment

Still disappointed that my NBA thread never took off. :(

I'm surprised that the Cavs are really punting on this season already. I understand the Blatt firing; Lebron has never been a supporter of him. However, that means giving up on this year.

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
              Still disappointed that my NBA thread never took off. :(

I'm surprised that the Cavs are really punting on this season already. I understand the Blatt firing; Lebron has never been a supporter of him. However, that means giving up on this year.
              I wouldn't say they are giving up. They will win the East by default. If the Spurs can beat the Warriors the Cavs could definitely beat the Spurs. It's all about matchups.

Comment

I wouldn't say they are giving up. They will win the East by default. If the Spurs can beat the Warriors the Cavs could definitely beat the Spurs. It's all about matchups.
                The West has two super teams, and two teams on par with the Cavs (when the Cavs are 100%). They will not be winning the title this year. The best teams are just way too good. Couple that with the fact that they would need to scramble to find a great coach (and there's not really one waiting in the wings that can necessarily help them this year). Now if this coaching change is coupled with trading Kevin Love...

Comment

NBA Thread

Matchups, and more importantly, if Kyrie Irving's upcoming broken (insert random bone), torn (insert random connective ligament/tendon/etc.), or food borne related illness is early enough in the season for him to b available that late in the playoffs.

Comment

So is Lebron now a coach killer? I know its only the second coach to be fired while coaching him but both David Blatt and Mike Brown were winners.
                    GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
                      So is Lebron now a coach killer? I know its only the second coach to be fired while coaching him but both David Blatt and Mike Brown were winners.
                      I'm probably just being an ass here.

But aren't the Lakers still paying like 3, or more, coaches on the books?
                      #TeamKizer

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                        I'm probably just being an ass here.

But aren't the Lakers still paying like 3, or more, coaches on the books?
                        Yes the Lakers are a train wreck but I guess what I was getting at was how successful do you have to be if you're the coach of Lebron? Sometimes these "Stars" get to damn needy and should just play the game imo.
                        GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Yes the Lakers are a train wreck but I guess what I was getting at was how successful do you have to be if you're the coach of Lebron? Sometimes these "Stars" get to damn needy and should just play the game imo.
                          Lebron, to me, seems like he needs a coach to take the back seat to him as far as running the team itself. Or a coach he thinks and sees things as he does and they're on the same page. I think that will always be his biggest handicap.
                          #TeamKizer

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                            Lebron, to me, seems like he needs a coach to take the back seat to him as far as running the team itself. Or a coach he thinks and sees things as he does and they're on the same page. I think that will always be his biggest handicap.
                            Agreed, I do wonder what would happen if he played for a coach that told him to shut up and do his damn job. I understand these guys are professional athletes but so are the coaches. I'm not a Blatt fan but he was the guy that the organization chose to coach the team not who Lebron selected.
                            GO IRISH!!!

Comment

He also wanted to get rid of Spoelstra, but Riley and Arison told him to STFU. As a result, they went to 4 NBA Finals in a row.

LBJ is a freaking moron, and he IS a coach-killer. Brown and Blatt BOTH went to the NBA Finals. In fact, Blatt was the most successful coach in Cavs history, but because he was not going to kowtow to LBJ's every whim like Lue will, he is now gone.
                              Last edited by philipm31; 01-27-2016, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X