Indianapolis Colts Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post

Nor is anyone. Roseman would have accepted any deal for 2 1st round picks immediately and faxed the offer to the NFL HQ before the other team has time to think twice, but not even Ryan Pace was dumb enough for that. As suspected, the reports these past few days of Wentz's trade value has been coming solely from the Eagles.

I also saw where the Colts are weighing a trade for Matt Ryan. As an outsider, it's an intriguing thought, but if he couldn't win it all with a stacked offense in Atlanta back in 2016, why would he do any better in Indy without Julio? I like Matt Ryan, but I'm just not sure that he's enough to get over the hump for the Colts.
    Listening to the radio, it sounds like there is still some discussions with the Eagles, but it would be a 2nd rounder and a later round pick or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Listening to the radio, it sounds like there is still some discussions with the Eagles, but it would be a 2nd rounder and a later round pick or two.
      Adam Schefter saying it's a done deal. Wentz to the Colts.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDohio View Post

Adam Schefter saying it's a done deal. Wentz to the Colts.
        Just read an article on The Athletic. Not a bad price. Ballard is a stud GM.
        Wentz is on his way to Indianapolis, traded Thursday by the Eagles in exchange for a third-round pick this spring and a second-round pick next spring that could turn into a first, depending on his playing time in 2021, a league source confirmed.
        Give the lack of offensive talent in Philly and that the HC and GM were at odds with each other this might be perfect for Wentz to get back on track. Especially under Reich. Would rather have this than Brissett back.
        Last edited by Irish#1; 02-18-2021, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Hey something big Indy Is actively going after JJ watt, Vonn Miller, and resigning Justin Houston Ballard is making this a massive priority

Comment

• Guy that made the leak has been the one predicting tom Rathman retirement, the rivers retirement and the most recent predictions/leaks

Comment

• Originally posted by brick4956 View Post
              Hey something big Indy Is actively going after JJ watt, Vonn Miller, and resigning Justin Houston Ballard is making this a massive priority

I'd be happy if we resigned Houston. Very good value. He's still productive, and has stayed healthy. Watt has missed more games in the past 2 years than he's played IIRC. I'm not against bringing him in, but not for anything close to what he would have made this year (17.5m). And certainly not if we're not bringing back at least one of the two (Houston/Autry). With only 43ishM in cap space only 2 early picks this year, 6-7 starter holes that are FA, and 5 of those high paid positions, I just think Watt is a luxury with a high degree of risk. Overall, I'd pass.
              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• The problem with that is Watt surely wants to go to a "contender", right? And no offense to Indy, but Wentz is definitely closer to a lottery ticket than a sure thing. You absolutely push for Watt, but it would surprise me if he chooses Indy, especially since I doubt Ballard offers the most money.

Comment

• Heard on the radio that Watts won’t be getting anything near what he used to get. Situational pass rusher instead of
                  a A lot of snaps might work.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                    The problem with that is Watt surely wants to go to a "contender", right? And no offense to Indy, but Wentz is definitely closer to a lottery ticket than a sure thing. You absolutely push for Watt, but it would surprise me if he chooses Indy, especially since I doubt Ballard offers the most money.
                    Indy with an old Rivers was very close to going to the AFCCG.

I agree that Wentz has a scratch-off feeling to him, but I think it's more reality that he returns to 2019 form, than 2020 or 2017. And 2019 is good enough to compete.

And Watts, depending on his price, might be more a beggar than chooser. GB and Pitt really can't afford him as both are negative cap. Bills are in a cap zero situation and would have to cut to get him. Indy is probably the best team available with enough cap (top 10).

Honestly I'd prefer re-signing Autry and Houston over Watts anyway. He's old and a health disaster at this point over the last two years.

Comment

Heard on the radio that Watts won’t be getting anything near what he used to get. Situational pass rusher instead of
                      a A lot of snaps might work.
                      Yup. No way he gets close to 17.5. Any team that gave up that for situational guy with huge heath concerns is asking to be disappointed. Maybe he can stay healthy, but I sure wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

Yup. No way he gets close to 17.5. Any team that gave up that for situational guy with huge heath concerns is asking to be disappointed. Maybe he can stay healthy, but I sure wouldn't bet the farm on it.
                        At this stage in his career I would assume he's interested in playing for a team that has a shot at contending more than playing time which would put the Colts in play. I don't see him as a starter, but I'll take him if we can get him at a decent price. Reduced snaps may be what keeps him healthy.

I'm also for resigning Houston. He's been solid. Not sure how much gas in the tank Von Miller has, but an edge rusher is a big need.

Comment

At this stage in his career I would assume he's interested in playing for a team that has a shot at contending more than playing time which would put the Colts in play. I don't see him as a starter, but I'll take him if we can get him at a decent price. Reduced snaps may be what keeps him healthy.

I'm also for resigning Houston. He's been solid. Not sure how much gas in the tank Von Miller has, but an edge rusher is a big need.
                          I think he'd "start", but would get heavy rotation. He's always been pretty good against the run, but I'd guess they'd use him mostly on 3rd, and situationally on 2nd. IIRC, Houston was used in the low 60ish% of snaps. I could see Watt getting 40-50ish.

I'd be all for him going to Indy, but only if we can cover all the other holes and not have to sacrifice for his contract.

Comment

Working...
                          X