Indianapolis Colts Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
    It might take 2 first round picks Iím thinking along with maybe Jacoby or Eason.
    IDK. 2 first rounders would be more than I'd pay. I think at most, a 1st this year, second next year, and Eason (for us). That's about my ceiling I think. Best thing going for Detroit, is the cheap nature of Stafford's remaining 2 years.

JB's a FA, and even if he weren't, doubt he'd be anything a team would look for in a trade. Eason might be cherry on top, but would likely factor as a 4th or 5th.
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• We really don’t have much of a choice if we want to compete next year. All the other QB options aren’t very good and I think Detroit knows that and will use it as leverage in negotiations.

Would have been nice to have had a preseason last year to see Eason a little bit. No one really knows what we have in him but I’d imagine Detroit will want a QB in return.

Comment

We really donít have much of a choice if we want to compete next year. All the other QB options arenít very good and I think Detroit knows that and will use it as leverage in negotiations.

Would have been nice to have had a preseason last year to see Eason a little bit. No one really knows what we have in him but Iíd imagine Detroit will want a QB in return.
        Their starting asking price is a first rounder and one day two pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
          Thank you. If thatís the case then the Colts should be able to finagle that.

Comment

Thank you. If thatís the case then the Colts should be able to finagle that.
            Agreed.

On another note, they found draft day footage of Stafford when he was selected by the Lions:

https://youtu.be/Ny4a-oxOndo

Comment

We really donít have much of a choice if we want to compete next year. All the other QB options arenít very good and I think Detroit knows that and will use it as leverage in negotiations.

Would have been nice to have had a preseason last year to see Eason a little bit. No one really knows what we have in him but Iíd imagine Detroit will want a QB in return.
              There are a ton of QB options via the draft, trade, and FA. IMO, it's probably the best market in terms of pure options we've ever had.

I agree on the pre-season.

As far a Detroit is concerned, doubt they'd put a lot of stock in Eason. If they are going into a full rebuild, they could get a QB (Lance, Fields, Wilson) at 7, or even move up with what they'll get from Stafford.

Comment

They already put that out there?

IMO, they'll have 3-4 serious teams asking, but some of those teams will have a lot of other options too. Going to be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                  They already put that out there?

IMO, they'll have 3-4 serious teams asking, but some of those teams will have a lot of other options too. Going to be interesting.
                  Yeah I saw that on Colts.com. It was a tweet from one of the NFL insiders.They may not get that though if his back isn't right. If it's ok and he can play 6 or 7 more years, I could see giving up a first and a third.

Comment

Yeah I saw that on Colts.com. It was a tweet from one of the NFL insiders.They may not get that though if his back isn't right. If it's ok and he can play 6 or 7 more years, I could see giving up a first and a third.
                    Thanks. It's what i mentioned earlier. Not sure i trust insider talk, but it's pretty obvious a 1st rounder to me, plus some misc pick or trade.

IMO, Ballard will set a ceiling, and work from there. Just so many storylines right now.

Comment

• I was listening to some podcasts and reading articles on colts.com and a couple of reports were pretty interesting.

Supposedly Brady was all set to go to SF last year and they were in talks with the Colts to trade them Garoppolo. Shanahan overruled the move, leading Brady to go to Tampa Bay.

Also, it appears that the Colts told Rivers that they were going in another direction. Rivers then retired. He didn't have a press conference because he didn't want to lie about what actually happened. It is speculated that Ballard must feel confident in getting his target with that news.

Comment

I was listening to some podcasts and reading articles on colts.com and a couple of reports were pretty interesting.

Supposedly Brady was all set to go to SF last year and they were in talks with the Colts to trade them Garoppolo. Shanahan overruled the move, leading Brady to go to Tampa Bay.

Also, it appears that the Colts told Rivers that they were going in another direction. Rivers then retired. He didn't have a press conference because he didn't want to lie about what actually happened. It is speculated that Ballard must feel confident in getting his target with that news.
                        Got a link to share about the bolded?

I got the gut feeling Ballard was the party that said no. All I'll say is he better deliver...

Comment

Got a link to share about the bolded?

I got the gut feeling Ballard was the party that said no. All I'll say is he better deliver...
                          Sure, it's on Kevin Bowen's last podcast.

https://twitter.com/KBowen1070/statu...48510627926018

Comment

Sure, it's on Kevin Bowen's last podcast.

https://twitter.com/KBowen1070/statu...48510627926018
                            thank you sir, and reps

Comment

thank you sir, and reps
                              No problem, buddy. Exciting off-season coming up.

Comment

• Listening on Clay Travis this morning. Irsay making overtures to Luck about coming back?

ďHe knows how much weíd love to have him be our quarterback, thereís just no question about that,Ē Irsay said of Luck on Wednesday, per the Indianapolis Star.

That decision, of course, is not up to Irsay. Itís up to Luck, who has provided no public hints that heís thinking of a return to the NFL at 31 years old. And Irsay isnít counting on it. Heís just stating the obvious while planting a seed.
                                Did Irsay here some rumors that Luck might be interested in returning or is this Irsay trying to plant a seed? Is having one of the best O-lines in the league anchored by a perennial All Pro be enough to entice him to return? He was running for his life his last two seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X