Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring 2021 Roster

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Irishize View Post
    That’s fair but FSU has too many athletes (that ND would love to have) to lump them w/ VT.
    People have been saying that exact thing for a few years now. Again, they are until proven otherwise

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Irishize View Post
      That’s fair but FSU has too many athletes (that ND would love to have) to lump them w/ VT.
      Haven’t they always? I don’t follow recruiting that close anymore. Do they still recruit well? They always seem to a have a ton of talent.

      Comment


      • Hansen has a story in today's SBT that surprised me. He says the only players added to the 85 limit are those whose eligibility would have expired without the COVID exemption. Therefore our limit is 87 this tear as only two players (Hinish and Doerer) meet this criteria. He's got us currently at 91 (counting Diggs) so we're looking at more attrition between now and August.

        Graduate transfers lose their exemption when they transfer so someone like Coan would not have counted against the 85 limit at Wisconsin but does at ND.

        He goes on to describe how this will really squeeze rosters and recruiting numbers in 2022 and beyond. In essence, everyone on the team this year gets another year of eligibility but only a few will actually get to use it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
          Hansen has a story in today's SBT that surprised me. He says the only players added to the 85 limit are those whose eligibility would have expired without the COVID exemption. Therefore our limit is 87 this tear as only two players (Hinish and Doerer) meet this criteria. He's got us currently at 91 (counting Diggs) so we're looking at more attrition between now and August.

          Graduate transfers lose their exemption when they transfer so someone like Coan would not have counted against the 85 limit at Wisconsin but does at ND.

          He goes on to describe how this will really squeeze rosters and recruiting numbers in 2022 and beyond. In essence, everyone on the team this year gets another year of eligibility but only a few will actually get to use it.
          I think 2 or 3 wrs will transfer

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
            I think 2 or 3 wrs will transfer
            Wilkins is one I thought would be gone for sure
            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

            Comment


            • Originally posted by GoIrish41 View Post
              Haven’t they always? I don’t follow recruiting that close anymore. Do they still recruit well? They always seem to a have a ton of talent.
              Not really.

              Their recruiting has slowly fallen off a cliff lately.

              Their 2018 class was pretty good, ranked behind us at 11th with 13 4-stars.

              2019 wasn't as good, as they finished 18th with only 9 4-stars of 21.

              2020 was worse, as they finished 22nd with only 8 4-stars of 24.

              Right now, their '21 class is awful. Only 16 recruits, of which 6 are 4-stars.

              And those rankings don't factor in the mass transfers they've experienced.
              Last edited by Crazy Balki; 01-13-2021, 09:26 AM.
              It's Just a Ride.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                Wilkins is one I thought would be gone for sure
                I could see Wilkins coming back. Can't say the same for Micah Jones

                Comment


                • https://247sports.com/college/notre-...1/#159637651_1

                  According to this article looks like we’ll start off with Patterson at LT, Lugg at RT and Zeke at center. Any idea who the guards will be?
                  Love Thee Notre Dame!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
                    https://247sports.com/college/notre-...1/#159637651_1

                    According to this article looks like we’ll start off with Patterson at LT, Lugg at RT and Zeke at center. Any idea who the guards will be?
                    That makes the most sense. Spring will be telling. Quinn Carroll, Dillion Gibbons, Fisher and Spindler will be battling it out

                    Comment


                    • Was hoping Baker would be pushing Lugg into guard.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                        Was hoping Baker would be pushing Lugg into guard.
                        That may happen

                        But first day of practice won’t have him at first team

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                          Was hoping Baker would be pushing Lugg into guard.
                          Sounds like they really liked his (Lugg) performance at RT in fill in spots over any of his interior contributions. I’d think Patterson at LG would be what Baker or others could “force” their hand at.

                          Comment


                          • If Fisher is healthy, he will start at G. Mark my words. There are very few men his size, with his feet.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Dale View Post
                              Sounds like they really liked his (Lugg) performance at RT in fill in spots over any of his interior contributions. I’d think Patterson at LG would be what Baker or others could “force” their hand at.
                              There is a lot of talk about Patterson at LT! Interesting...

                              And I am updating the roster for Houston.

                              Comment


                              • when do early enrollee's report to campus??
                                What did Davonte do?

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                  when do early enrollee's report to campus??
                                  this weekend
                                  EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

                                  Comment


                                  • Unsure if this has been mentioned but thought this would be a decent place for it to go.

                                    When Kevin Austin was hurt for the 2nd time, he had two options, get surgery or try and rehab to be ready by end of year. He chose rehab. And, this is why he tried to give a go as the season was unfolding. Well, because of this, he didn't have the necessary surgery until much later in the process. And, therefore, he'll probably miss Spring practice in it's entirety.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                      Unsure if this has been mentioned but thought this would be a decent place for it to go.

                                      When Kevin Austin was hurt for the 2nd time, he had two options, get surgery or try and rehab to be ready by end of year. He chose rehab. And, this is why he tried to give a go as the season was unfolding. Well, because of this, he didn't have the necessary surgery until much later in the process. And, therefore, he'll probably miss Spring practice in it's entirety.
                                      His ND career has been riddled with bad luck and bad decisions, so this news doesn’t surprise me. I sure hope we get him for a full year in 2021.

                                      Comment


                                      • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here&#39;s an update on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> and the transfer portal... <a href="https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RivalsPortal</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/BGInews?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BGInews</a> <a href="https://t.co/jgH4PM2Pg2">https://t.co/jgH4PM2Pg2</a> <a href="https://t.co/DmRKwuFehj">pic.twitter.com/DmRKwuFehj</a></p>&mdash; Mike Singer (@Rivals_Singer) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rivals_Singer/status/1356331590360723458?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                        What did Davonte do?

                                        Comment


                                        • If it’s Mike Jones Jr as that appears to be causing smoke then that gives you a pretty well rounded LB that could play Rover or BUCK IMO. He’s not a JOK but still a solid coverage LB

                                          EDIT: Jones went to IMG with Houston Griffith it appears (and a boat load of others so the links exist to other schools lol)
                                          Last edited by Dale; 02-01-2021, 05:16 PM.

                                          Comment


                                          • Elston still using Vyper and Big End terminology. We’ll see what Freeman slips in but nothing glaringly mentioned D wise yet but also a “Rover” didn’t come up as he was describing certain recruits.

                                            Comment


                                            • Freeman said it’s “our scheme” and he’s not gonna drop his playbook in front of them. Falls in line with what was expected I’d say, probably wants to see what he has in the spring

                                              EDIT: Posted elsewhere but only scheme name change was BUCK > WILL
                                              Last edited by Dale; 02-03-2021, 04:13 PM.

                                              Comment


                                              • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">RB was a position most ND fans were concerned about heading into 2020. It&#39;s now the strongest group on offense and they should be even better in &#39;21 <a href="https://t.co/VNb80usDHc">https://t.co/VNb80usDHc</a></p>&mdash; Jamie Uyeyama (@jamieuyeyama) <a href="https://twitter.com/jamieuyeyama/status/1357706795435843584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                What did Davonte do?

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">RB was a position most ND fans were concerned about heading into 2020. It's now the strongest group on offense and they should be even better in '21 <a href="https://t.co/VNb80usDHc">https://t.co/VNb80usDHc</a></p>&mdash; Jamie Uyeyama (@jamieuyeyama) <a href="https://twitter.com/jamieuyeyama/status/1357706795435843584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                  Was it? I think WR was the one we were most worried about. But RB is certainly the strong suit this year, outstanding depth with the Diggs and Estime coming in, too.
                                                  My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • per II podcast on monday Kyle Hamilton had ankle surgery on Jan 29th and is questionable/likely out for spring ball
                                                    What did Davonte do?

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Here is a fun read from Jamie U at ISD. I'm getting pretty excited for Spring Ball.

                                                      5 Potential Breakout Candidates this Spring | Irish Sports Daily

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                        per II podcast on monday Kyle Hamilton had ankle surgery on Jan 29th and is questionable/likely out for spring ball
                                                        Hot Take (?): This is a blessing in disguise. Kyle is going to be an elite player in Freeman's defense whether he's available for Spring or not.

                                                        The extra reps made available from Kyle being out are going to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important for the other safeties that will now get a bit more work.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • so has there been an update with the timing of spring practice? First day, Presser?

                                                          Comment


                                                          • If I am Patterson, you would need a dozen horses to drag me away from the Center position.
                                                            I can't think of a single good reason why Patterson gives up a position where he has a great chance to be the first Center off the board in next years draft, to a much deeper pool of Tackles who have much more experience.
                                                            Correll is not better than Patterson, so there a slight downgrade in the position with the change to begin with. So IMO, I really hope the line next year is

                                                            Baker
                                                            Lugg/Gibbons
                                                            Patterson
                                                            Quinn
                                                            Kristofic

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by snoopdog View Post
                                                              If I am Patterson, you would need a dozen horses to drag me away from the Center position.
                                                              I can't think of a single good reason why Patterson gives up a position where he has a great chance to be the first Center off the board in next years draft, to a much deeper pool of Tackles who have much more experience.
                                                              Correll is not better than Patterson, so there a slight downgrade in the position with the change to begin with. So IMO, I really hope the line next year is

                                                              Baker
                                                              Lugg/Gibbons
                                                              Patterson
                                                              Quinn
                                                              Kristofic
                                                              the question is will the drop off from patterson to Correll be less impactful than the drop off from Patterson to whoever at G or T.
                                                              Prehistoric

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Originally posted by snoopdog View Post
                                                                If I am Patterson, you would need a dozen horses to drag me away from the Center position.
                                                                I can't think of a single good reason why Patterson gives up a position where he has a great chance to be the first Center off the board in next years draft, to a much deeper pool of Tackles who have much more experience.
                                                                Correll is not better than Patterson, so there a slight downgrade in the position with the change to begin with. So IMO, I really hope the line next year is

                                                                Baker
                                                                Lugg/Gibbons
                                                                Patterson
                                                                Quinn
                                                                Kristofic
                                                                a dozen horses or one smart guy who can go over what LT's get paid vs Centers.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

                                                                  a dozen horses or one smart guy who can go over what LT's get paid vs Centers.
                                                                  Big assumption that a center goes to LT and dominates enough to get drafted. Hainsey being a prime example of a player who may not get drafted despite starting 4 years at RT and dominating against very good DE's.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Chris Watt new OL coach at Tulane, was this mentioned?
                                                                    What did Davonte do?

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                      Chris Watt new OL coach at Tulane, was this mentioned?
                                                                      somewhere it was...also greer martini is now at vandy with Lea as an analyst i believe
                                                                      EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Looks like Spring Practice is set to begin next weekend at some point. Can’t wait!!
                                                                        Love Thee Notre Dame!

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
                                                                          Looks like Spring Practice is set to begin next weekend at some point. Can’t wait!!
                                                                          much anticipated..I hope they let the media watch some of it otherwise we just get whatever they want us to know with is basically nothing

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • I'm particularly interested to see how Johnson and Austin show in the spring practice. Austin might still be limited because of his foot. Anyone know if Johnson has got his ducks in a row?

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                              I'm particularly interested to see how Johnson and Austin show in the spring practice. Austin might still be limited because of his foot. Anyone know if Johnson has got his ducks in a row?
                                                                              I have no idea about Johnson, but pretty sure I read (maybe Hansen) that he doesn't expect Austin ready for spring (contact).
                                                                              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                                I'm particularly interested to see how Johnson and Austin show in the spring practice. Austin might still be limited because of his foot. Anyone know if Johnson has got his ducks in a row?
                                                                                Won't see much if any of Austin this spring

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Originally posted by snoopdog View Post

                                                                                  Big assumption that a center goes to LT and dominates enough to get drafted. Hainsey being a prime example of a player who may not get drafted despite starting 4 years at RT and dominating against very good DE's.
                                                                                  The Staff really liked Patterson as a Tackle coming out of HS and into his first year but there wasn't a spot for him. He was one of their 5 best which is why he landed at C. Is Corell better, maybe not right now but he is one of your 5 best and played well against two very good teams last year. Patterson has more position flex than Corell has so I think Corell needs to be your C.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • No idea about Johnson academically but he's looking pretty good. And und.com updated weights for a lot of guys and he's up to 195 lbs. Which I think is a great weight for him. I believe he was 180 when he started last summer.

                                                                                    Comment




                                                                                    • Would start at SNIPER for sure

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • Originally posted by Dale View Post


                                                                                        Would start at SNIPER for sure
                                                                                        Uh holy shit that would make our safety position pretty pretty pretty good.

                                                                                        Funnier than you in 2012.

                                                                                        Comment

                                                                                        Adsense

                                                                                        Collapse
                                                                                        Working...
                                                                                        X