No announcement yet.

Clark Lea - Defensive Coordinator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lea reportedly hiring Jesse Minter, Ravens DBs coach as his DC. Just rename Vanderbilt Notre Dame South at this point

Dad had two stints as DC here and he started as intern for a year here

Comment

• Pete Thamel reporting that Arizona Cardinals WR Coach David Raih will be OC, Colorado State OC will be QB Coach and Pass Game Coordinator. Interesting arrangement of titles given the respective coaches history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
        Lea reportedly hiring Jesse Minter, Ravens DBs coach as his DC. Just rename Vanderbilt Notre Dame South at this point

Dad had two stints as DC here and he started as intern for a year here
        Hes setting himself up for the return to South Bend. Its going to be a competition between Lea and Freeman. And Elko will still be a DC at A&M.

Comment

• Lea is putting together quite a staff. The fact that he's getting guys from the NFL on his staff as a relative newbie makes me think he's way more highly respected than we gave him credit for

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
            Lea is putting together quite a staff. The fact that he's getting guys from the NFL on his staff as a relative newbie makes me think he's way more highly respected than we gave him credit for
            I like that none of them are old SEC retreads. Not surprising considering Ive heard his now GM Barton Simmons rant about how awful a practice just hiring back old SEC coaches has become is.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
              Lea is putting together quite a staff. The fact that he's getting guys from the NFL on his staff as a relative newbie makes me think he's way more highly respected than we gave him credit for
              And I think we gave him a lot of credit! He seems to be blazing trails at Vandy.

Cheers and Go Irish!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                I like that none of them are old SEC retreads. Not surprising considering Ive heard his now GM Barton Simmons rant about how awful a practice just hiring back old SEC coaches has become is.
                Id qualify that as true for Coordinators and some guys other than that but position coaches I think thats silly to not want SEC retreads. At position coaches Im hoping for the best recruiters possible. Dameyune Craig has bounced around the SEC and I believe let go from a place or two but Id hire him in a second because his relationships and recruiting of the WR in the SEC is at the top. Tee Martin Id take too. Obviously Vandys not getting those guys so they need to be smart in their hires but it certainly seems like Leas doing well.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                  Id qualify that as true for Coordinators and some guys other than that but position coaches I think thats silly to not want SEC retreads. At position coaches Im hoping for the best recruiters possible. Dameyune Craig has bounced around the SEC and I believe let go from a place or two but Id hire him in a second because his relationships and recruiting of the WR in the SEC is at the top. Tee Martin Id take too. Obviously Vandys not getting those guys so they need to be smart in their hires but it certainly seems like Leas doing well.
                  What I mean by SEC retreads is working from within the framework of I have to hire a SEC guy. If the best candidate has worked in the SEC great, Id say many you consider will have. But some schools only consider those who have, Lea not falling into that I think is positive.

Craig also is only on his second real SEC stint (LSU was fired with Miles firing after only a year) and doesnt seem like someone getting fired. Martin wouldnt be a SEC retread at all.

If someone hires Muschamp would be the example. So yes I was more making reference to possible coordinator hires.

Comment

• Lea's doing some pretty neat things at Vandy. It'll be the most impressive 3-9 program in college football for sure!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• I think Lea flourishes in getting the most out of his players and will succeed as much as one can at Vandy. This likely means winning the typical “warmup” style games, and maybe pulling a couple upsets a year. This would be considered a success to at that program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                        Hes setting himself up for the return to South Bend.
                        100% agree with this and I'll be rooting for Lea at Vandy. If Urban doesn't make it in Jacksonville you think he comes to South Bend?

Comment

• Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                          100% agree with this and I'll be rooting for Lea at Vandy. If Urban doesn't make it in Jacksonville you think he comes to South Bend?
                          Short answer: No
                          Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

• Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                            Not sure why so many people keep bringing this up. Unless the entire BOT leaves and ND becomes a football factory, Urban will NEVER be the HC at ND. Way too much baggage and issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                              Not sure why so many people keep bringing this up. Unless the entire BOT leaves and ND becomes a football factory, Urban will NEVER be the HC at ND. Way too much baggage and issues.
                              Makes sense. But I'm rooting for them to hire Urban Myers someday.

Comment

• Urban at Notre Dame vs. Gruden at UT. Which pipe dream happens first?
                                "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

Working...
                                X