No announcement yet.

Which was worse Irish Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I think this year was worse for me. Last year it was pretty evident early on that is was going to be a disaster. This year I didn't expect to be great, but was excited to see some well played games. Then the bottom just dropped out. I knew we were going to lose to USC, but how we played (especially offensively) was... well... offensive.
    "There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." E.H.

Comment

Originally posted by WaveDomer View Post
      Honestly I think this year was worse for me. Last year it was pretty evident early on that is was going to be a disaster. This year I didn't expect to be great, but was excited to see some well played games. Then the bottom just dropped out. I knew we were going to lose to USC, but how we played (especially offensively) was... well... offensive.
      You mean you weren't highly placed like a champion last year???
      “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” C.S. Lewis

Comment

they are both abysmal for different reasons.

Comment

Maybe because it is fresh wounds but the statement about the orange helmets being held up......at Notre Dame Stadium.
          And 3 and out thru 3 quarters at USC. The only reason we got the first down was because USC was expecting a passing attempt for credibility.
          But the good thing is, never again will a Notre Dame fan take any win for granted.

Comment

Last year. By far.

Remember how the most exciting game was beating UCLA with their third-string-walk-on-never-before-stepped-on-the-field-freshman quarterback???

or was he fourth string? Can't remember, those QBs were dropping like flies
            "So suck it up and tough it out and be the best you can" John Mellencamp

Comment

last year was very painful.
              Cleveland Browns

Comment

When the poster "irishmasochist" signed on, I thought I had found my long lost twin (that I never knew about). I think I watched every single play of every game last year. There would always be a room full of ND rabbid fans, and by the end of the game I was the only one left, sitting in front of the TV like the guy in the Pink Floyd movie, totally depleted.

I did not expect Bitchagain to be so bad this year, so I was surprised by that win, but otherwise, ND lost to every team I expected this year. I predicted 4-5 wins this year, and while every ND loss still affects lil puppy nostrils in a negative way, I guess they surpassed my expections by 1 or 2 wins. I think ND wins some next year, but they still at least 2 years away.

Sorry my ND friends...

Comment

Originally posted by NeuteredDoomer View Post
                  When the poster "irishmasochist" signed on, I thought I had found my long lost twin (that I never knew about). I think I watched every single play of every game last year. There would always be a room full of ND rabbid fans, and by the end of the game I was the only one left, sitting in front of the TV like the guy in the Pink Floyd movie, totally depleted.

I did not expect Bitchagain to be so bad this year, so I was surprised by that win, but otherwise, ND lost to every team I expected this year. I predicted 4-5 wins this year, and while every ND loss still affects lil puppy nostrils in a negative way, I guess they surpassed my expections by 1 or 2 wins. I think ND wins some next year, but they still at least 2 years away.

Sorry my ND friends...
                  So, I am confused...did you like last year? If you are a masochist, don't you enjoy pain? I don't get it. I shouldn't go off my meds and get online. The voices just get to be too much!
                  “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by NDMontana View Post
                    This season was far worse because we looked like the same team we were in 2007 during the second half of the season.

I take some exception to your first sentence in which you characterized our exepectations coming into this season as "realistic". I was guilty of having some very unreal expectations of the team for 2008 as were the majority of ND fans here and elsewhere. I would like to think that I adjusted my exepectations in the wake of the losses to Michigan State and North Carolina. To my disappointment, even after I rethought my position, my readjusted expectations were still not met.
                    "unreal expectations..?"

Like going 13-0? hahahahaha..........................haha.. By far last year was worst..
                    Last edited by nd1988; 12-09-2008, 08:28 AM. Reason: forgot

Comment

Originally posted by GO IRISH!!! View Post
                      So, I am confused...did you like last year? If you are a masochist, don't you enjoy pain? I don't get it. I shouldn't go off my meds and get online. The voices just get to be too much!
                      Geez, I need to shut the windows when I read your posts - busting out laughing out of the blue scares the neighbors. That was a very perceptive point. LOL Guess I was the one confused. But yes, last year was painful.

But it allowed me to pull my hair while calling myself names.

Comment

Originally posted by nd1988 View Post
                        "unreal expectations..?"

Like going 13-0? hahahahaha..........................haha.. By far last year was worst..
                        No, like going 8-4 or 7-5. If you think last year was worse than that's your opinion. In the second half of this season we looked like the same team we were last year and that is far worse to me. This year should have been worse for you, too. I've read your posts and I know your disposition when it comes to the team. You've been front and center in calling for patience and claiming that this team will be better next year. You point to improvement this year but I wonder which areas of the team, in your not so humble or informed opinion, made such great strides. The O-line? The running game? Jimmy Clausen? The play calling? The only thing that really improved from last season to this season was our record which is largely cosmetic. I will put a much higher value on wins-losses next year but not this year. I wanted to see sustained progress and all I got were one game flashes of brilliance against Purdue and North Carolina.

The three win improvement came courtesy of Navy (barely), San Diego State (barely) and Purdue. The combined record of the teams we beat: 20-49 or 3-9. The combined record of the teams we lost to: 49-24, an average of 8-4 (granted Syracuse skews that average but we lost to them).
                        Last edited by NDMontana; 12-09-2008, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyebacker View Post
                          Having went through the 3-9 season a year ago and coming into this season with some realistic expectations and finishing 6-6, which season is considered worse by you guys? I would almost say that going 6-6 with a team full of starters returning and like I mentioned before some expectations as well, would be worse. I think many Irish fans didn't expect much from such a young team last season, but I think expectations were a bit higher coming into this season. So I'm just curious to hear which season you guys on here regard as a bigger disappointment.
                          Good question...depends on how you see things. Would you rather get shot in the head, or be poisoned...at least with poison, you have some hope...

Personally, I like a little hope, and we had some in '08...but '08 was probably more torturous for those around me who had to watch the poison take its affect as I clung to hope...six times over...make that 5...USC was more the shot in the head variety.

....shot of hemlock please...I'll take '08 over '07 any day.
                          One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

I must say last year was worse but I see the points about the non improvement too. The thing is I beleave that they are just young. Maybe I am wrong and if i am and we finish with less than 9 wins next year than Charlie needs to get run out of town no matter what the cost. I attended the Syracuse game and what was worse than losing was the way the fans treated the team. I do not disagree with being critical and wanting results but they are out there on the field in blue and gold and that is my team. As Lou said in the pep rally before the Mich. game now is when they need you the most so lets all be positive and stand behind them. No matter who suits up, WE ARE ND!
                            The difference between a successful person and the others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.-Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by phgreek View Post
                              Good question...depends on how you see things. Would you rather get shot in the head, or be poisoned...at least with poison, you have some hope...

Personally, I like a little hope, and we had some in '08...but '08 was probably more torturous for those around me who had to watch the poison take its affect as I clung to hope...six times over...make that 5...USC was more the shot in the head variety.

....shot of hemlock please...I'll take '08 over '07 any day.
                              Genius Alert.

Comment

Originally posted by NDFan537 View Post
                                I must say last year was worse but I see the points about the non improvement too. The thing is I beleave that they are just young. Maybe I am wrong and if i am and we finish with less than 9 wins next year than Charlie needs to get run out of town no matter what the cost. I attended the Syracuse game and what was worse than losing was the way the fans treated the team. I do not disagree with being critical and wanting results but they are out there on the field in blue and gold and that is my team. As Lou said in the pep rally before the Mich. game now is when they need you the most so lets all be positive and stand behind them. No matter who suits up, WE ARE ND!
                                Believe it. We gonna win soon enough my friend.

We may not hit 9 wins next year, but we gonna win some and lose some. And everyone on this forum still gonna be an ND fan. Some a bit more disgusted than others.

I may disgust you just for spite at any loss. Like piss on your lawn. (But it saves on water bill, and helps flowers grow - win win kinda thing...)

Got any puppies?

Comment

Working...
                                X