Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 HI ATH Marist Liufau (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These linebackers from Hawaii just tend to work out for us.
    RIP KMC 4/15/13

Comment

• Marist is a beast, hope we see lots more of him. Great game!

Comment

• Kid played a great game. I had to look up the depth chart.
        Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Excited to have 3 more years of him after this. Plays like JOK - athletic and violent.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
            The game plan of “just shoot this gap and create havoc” worked wonders for him. He is a big, rangy athlete still filling out his body but his aggressiveness and athleticism absolutely wrecked UNC in the second half.
            He's going to get about 7-8 sacks a year as a backup on the Steelers before signing a big money deal somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
              Excited to have 3 more years of him after this. Plays like JOK - athletic and violent.
              I hate to lose JOK, but Liufau, Kiser, and Bauer should be pretty good. I think we'll get to see a lot of the young guys next weekend too.
              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofOahu View Post
                Work's been brutal, but I wanted to hop on because I'm super stoked that Marist is going to ND. This kid is the best player on Punahou's defense, hands down. He was a superior LB, even with Tufono next to him. He has no fear, and he flashes all over the place. The most recent player I would compare him to is Jeremy Ioane. Yes, the hair will automatically remind people of Polamalu.

From all the games I watched, this year, I'd consider him the third-best defensive player in Hawaii behind Tuitele and Botelho. I tell you this, though, I think Botelho will be the best defensive player to come of out Hawaii since Manti.
                If you want to know what's up in Hawaii, you know who to ask.

Comment

How good is the LB in the 22 class?

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                    How good is the LB in the 22 class?

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk
                    Hard to say, football hasn't started up. I know people are high on Tafiti, but I don't think he's going to be a game-changer at the college level. He has good potential upside, but I can see him being a solid role-player as opposed to dominant end. Maybe I'll be wrong. He's benefitted from three years of varsity ball (Punahou stopped fielding a JV team), so his technique has a little more polish. He's still learning how to use his hands, like most high school players.

If anything, keep an eye on St. Louis High School. With the Lee Brothers there, the recruiting pipeline that Punahou benefitted from went dry. I believe ND is looking at a couple of linemen at SLHS, right now. These are big mauler types. Kahuku is in all sorts of chaos. It will be interesting to see how their team fares. No one else has players that caught my eye, last year. Not big-time college potential, anyway.

Comment

• I don’t understand what changed with the Lee Brothers regarding recruiting. They have been at St. Louis High school for years. This year the head coach moved to DC, while the OC brother became head coach.

Comment

You nailed it. I was just going to say he plays so aggressive and with no fear. Obviously, you saw that in his high school playing too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicago Domer View Post
                          I don’t understand what changed with the Lee Brothers regarding recruiting. They have been at St. Louis High school for years. This year the head coach moved to DC, while the OC brother became head coach.
                          They left SLS and then Cal returned around 2014-2015. The program took a downturn in those years, and Punahou really picked up their efforts to bring in kids who probably would have ended up playing for SLS. If not for Marcus Mariota and his Heisman win, SLS may not have survived. Not just the athletic program, but the whole school.

I think you're going to see SLS dominate for a few years, again. There's a group of former Kamehameha players whose kids play at SLS. They call themselves the Kamehameha Grad - St. Louis Dad group. Schools like Punahou, Iolani, etc. can't even field JV teams. There's not enough interest in football.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKRowdy View Post
                            Still looks like a stick on the field but the way he blew up the line on a blitz and pushed the C or G back into Howell was so nice.
                            This.. I loved seeing him do this multiple times

Comment

Working...
                            X