X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
    The whole story is bizarre. Now it's being reported that it was a car accident with no foul play... but his girlfriend says that he was with someone else in the car when he left to head over to her place? I hope we get some clarity soon.
    It could have been his was distracted. About 10 months or so, there was a car accident where four HS kids in my area died from drowning after their car went into a retention pond. The road curves and there is a patch of trees between the pond and the road. When you drive by there you immediately wonder how in the world they managed to get through the tress and up in the pond as the trees are close together.

It makes you wonder who the other person was, or did his girlfriend hear the radio in the background and mistake it for someone else being in the car.?

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied

From NJ.com

The mother of Louis Nix revealed the possible cause of death for the 29-year-old former New York Giants defensive lineman, whose body was found on Saturday. Jacksonville TV reporter Ben Becker talked to his mom on Monday, who said a car accident could be to blame. His mother tells me investigators told her today “it appears to be accident something may have distracted him lost control and went into the pond.”

When I asked how investigators reached the conclusion that Nix lost control she said “Because the curve and they didn’t see the tire tracks until they really looked.”
    When I asked what day and approximate time does JSO think Nix drove into the pond his mother said “They were trying to put a time line from his phone with who he was talking to last. But couldn’t find the phone.”

Nix mother shares with me excruciating details of how Nix was found “He surfaced from the water and on the grass. windows on passenger side was down. the pond is deep so it took some days for him to surface.” I asked Nix mother if there were any indications of foul play or if he was driving to get away from someone, she said “they (JSO) said no indication of foul play more accident”. I asked Nix mother did JSO suggest if he was impaired somehow from pain meds related to the shooting or anything else and she said “No they didn’t but he may have been distracted by his phone.”

ESPN reports “Nix’s family reported him missing on Wednesday to police. ... According to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, Nix was last seen at 10 a.m. ET on Wednesday, leaving his father’s Jacksonville residence.”

Becker reports the “Missing persons report 3 days before Nix was found says Nix gf last spoke w/him at 7:57p on Wed, was on way over but never showed. She says he was driving with another man and ‘suspected Nix was intoxicated due to the sound of his voice and choice of affectionate words.’”

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    The whole story is bizarre. Now it's being reported that it was a car accident with no foul play... but his girlfriend says that he was with someone else in the car when he left to head over to her place? I hope we get some clarity soon.

Leave a comment:

• drayer54
    replied
    Leftovers & Links: Louis Nix’s missing Jordans, a Notre Dame Christmas story

https://irish.nbcsports.com/2021/03/...ristmas-story/

Leave a comment:

• RDU Irish
    replied
    USC 2013 - his last game I think. He was hobbled and came back to stone wall USC and will that D to victory. One of my most vivid stadium memories when he came back in the game and crowd went nuts as they proceeded to stuff USC down the stretch. Always felt that compromised his career and epitomized him - selfless and couldn't let people down.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
    Just awful. He did so much for the program and was beloved by his teammates + coaches. I'm at a loss for words and I hope we get more information on what transpired.
    This from Jacksonville.com (Florida Times-Union) raises more questions.

Police have told the family little about finding her son or the ongoing investigation into what happened to him, according to Stephanie Wingfield, who is his mother.

"They did say that it didn't look like foul play," Wingfield told The Times-Union on Sunday.

She said it's possible her son suffered a heart attack or some other medical emergency related to his being shot in the chest nearly three months earlier during an attempted robbery.

"It's all a mystery right now until they give me more information about what happened," she said.

It's possible that until an autopsy is performed detectives don't know themselves how he died, Wingfield said.

It was unclear, his mother said, whether the 29-year-old former Raines High School defensive lineman was found in the car pulled from the retention pond.

Initial news reports from the scene said Nix was inside the car. However, Wingfield said she was told that police found his body elsewhere although no location was given.

"The last location that his phone pinged was right there, which is why they searched the lake area for him," she said.

"They didn't say where he was. They just said they located him but couldn't tell me anything except sorry for my loss. And I just lost it," she said of breaking down at the news.

Leave a comment:

• drayer54
    replied
    It's weird how I see the nastiest and tragic stuff in the news every day and it barely phases me anymore. For some reason, this one has. I didn't have to think back to who he was. He was a memorable player and personality. I noticed he was doing autograph tours and the shooting deal earlier this year. This one breaks my heart. Way too soon. True tragedy.

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    Hope someone lights a candle for him at the grotto. He will be missed by many. RIP big Lou!

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord.

I'll be keeping Louis and his family in my rosary. I encourage y'all to do the same

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    So terrible. He was the epitome of what it meant to play for Our Lady. He sure made watching that 2012 D fun. God speed Irish Chocolate. RIP.

Leave a comment:

• Prof K
    replied
    Prayers for the repose of his soul. May he find peace with our Lord.

Leave a comment:

• Dizzyphil
    replied
    no. words.

Leave a comment:

• Huntr
    replied
    Got nothin to say but this f'n sucks. Sad for his family and friends, sad that his life ended so young and so tragically.

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    RIP

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    Just awful. He did so much for the program and was beloved by his teammates + coaches. I'm at a loss for words and I hope we get more information on what transpired.

Leave a comment:

• TNUtoNotreDame
    replied
    Dang.. Prayers for you Irish Chocolate you were one of a kind. One of my favorite players all time.

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Terrible news about Nix. Seemed like such a good guy and great personality. I hate this for him and his family.

Leave a comment:

• Southside Sully
    replied
    Terribly sad. I remember him when he was early on in his career and how much he wanted out of Jacksonville. Praying for him and his family. Kid seemed like such a great person, all around.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Very sad moment. He was always such a great personality. And I’ll always remember his role on that 2012 team.

RIP Louis.

Leave a comment:

• Irishnuke
    replied
    Horrible news. RIP Big Man.

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied
    ESPN confirming through family

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    RIP Irish Chocolate.

One of my favorite ND players ever. Probably my favorite in terms of personality and attitude.

This fucking sucks.

Leave a comment:

• EuropeanDomer22
    replied
    I just read a woman claiming to be her cousin that he is dead, horrible news

Leave a comment:

• ab2cmiller
    replied
    Last edited by ab2cmiller; 03-20-2021, 08:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ab2cmiller
    replied
    Not good.

Leave a comment:

• CTIDANDREW
    replied
    We could have some very, very bad news coming soon. Praying I’m wrong
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• IrishBoognish
    replied
    Man... this sucks.

Leave a comment:

• ohara831
    replied
    Praying that Lou is OK. Prayers for his loved ones.

Leave a comment:

• ulukinatme
    replied
    Prayers for Big Lou! What an awful period the last few months for him.

Leave a comment:

• rtrn2glory
    replied
    I hate seeing this....These usually don't turn out very well. I'm praying I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied
    Oh man. Come back to us Lou

Leave a comment:

• irishandy
    replied
    Prayers out to big Louis and his family. I hope he is OK.

Leave a comment:

• irishff1014
    replied
    There is way more to this story that’s not being told.

I hope he is ok.

Leave a comment:

• TNUtoNotreDame
    replied
    Oh man. Said a quick prayer the man.

Leave a comment:

• Southside Sully
    replied
    Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
    Jesus hope big Lou is ok

Leave a comment:

• FightingIrishLover7
    replied
    https://twitter.com/BenBeckerANjax/s...497412099?s=19

Omfg. What??

Leave a comment:

• ND4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
    Did it say if he had the surgery?
    It was just what he posted on Facebook. I didn't ask any particulars.

Leave a comment:

• tussin
    replied
    I wouldn't completely blame him if he doesn't have much cash anyway. He was a Film and TV major, not Finance ha! Would love to see Lou on TV, think his personality would be great. Saw that Zaire has been working with CBS the last 2 years.
    Agree. Lou should host a drive time sports talk show IMO.

Re: Zaire... pretty sure I heard him doing color for an ESPN game last year.

Leave a comment:

• greyhammer90
    replied
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• ulukinatme
    replied
    Originally posted by ND4LIFE View Post
    A bit of good news! Big Lou is out of the hospital today!!!
    Did it say if he had the surgery?

Leave a comment:

• philipm31
    replied
    AWESOME NEWS!!!

Leave a comment:

• ND4LIFE
    replied
    A bit of good news! Big Lou is out of the hospital today!!!

Leave a comment:

• ulukinatme
    replied
    Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
    Yeah. $1.2 million isn't much in all honesty. After taxes and agent fees he probably only had like $750,000 or even less.
    I wouldn't completely blame him if he doesn't have much cash anyway. He was a Film and TV major, not Finance ha! Would love to see Lou on TV, think his personality would be great. Saw that Zaire has been working with CBS the last 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• GowerND11
    replied
    Besides fans, a lot of former players have been contributing and sharing the link online. Players and ND family I saw in the GoFundMe: Marquis Dickerson, Brad Carrico, Davaris Daniels, Kendall Moore II, Jarron Jones, Cole Luke, Julian Okwara, Coach Elston, Ryan Harris, Danny Spond, Dan McCarthy, and THE Bruce Heggie. Tom Mendoza donated $1000 too.

As far as cash, it can go fast at the Pro level. Gotta pay your agent, guys pay for trainers, supplements, injuries set you back, and it sounds like he's been taking care of his dad too who had a heart attack.
    Yeah. $1.2 million isn't much in all honesty. After taxes and agent fees he probably only had like $750,000 or even less.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by rikkitikki08 View Post
    Big guy should get into coaching when he heals up, I imagine with his personality he could connect well
    I think he's doing something along those lines. I saw some vid not too long ago of him holding a bag while kids were bouncing off. Can't recall much, but looked like HS or maybe college.

But I agree. Do whatever it takes to get out of Jax, if that's the issue.

Leave a comment:

• ulukinatme
    replied
    Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
    there's an online fundraiser for Louis' medical bills:
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/2hvbt-lou...f+share-flow-1

According to this
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonv...cash-earnings/

He should have 1.2 million in career earnings. Something didn't go right for him somewhere
    Besides fans, a lot of former players have been contributing and sharing the link online. Players and ND family I saw in the GoFundMe: Marquis Dickerson, Brad Carrico, Davaris Daniels, Kendall Moore II, Jarron Jones, Cole Luke, Julian Okwara, Coach Elston, Ryan Harris, Danny Spond, Dan McCarthy, and THE Bruce Heggie. Tom Mendoza donated $1000 too.

As far as cash, it can go fast at the Pro level. Gotta pay your agent, guys pay for trainers, supplements, injuries set you back, and it sounds like he's been taking care of his dad too who had a heart attack.
    Last edited by ulukinatme; 12-13-2020, 06:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rikkitikki08
    replied
    Big guy should get into coaching when he heals up, I imagine with his personality he could connect well

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    there's an online fundraiser for Louis' medical bills:
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/2hvbt-lou...f+share-flow-1

According to this
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonv...cash-earnings/

He should have 1.2 million in career earnings. Something didn't go right for him somewhere

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    Originally posted by Chicago Domer View Post
    Thanks for taking the Politics out. This is a Notre Dame man

God bless you Big Lou. May you have a speedy and full recovery.

Never know, maybe see you back in the League someday.

Whatever you do, may you have much success.
    he had to retire cos of injuries, he's done

Leave a comment:

• Chicago Domer
    replied
    Thanks for taking the Politics out. This is a Notre Dame man

God bless you Big Lou. May you have a speedy and full recovery.

Never know, maybe see you back in the League someday.

Whatever you do, may you have much success.

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X