X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• go Lou!!

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
      Read that he's just been activated off the PUP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
      Awesome, now maybe I'll draft Houston's D!
      I do not like Brian Kelly as a coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by PLACforever View Post
        Awesome, now maybe I'll draft Houston's D!
        looks good on paper alright but the offense is gonna but them in such terrible position they are pretty much undraftable
        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Texans put him on IR. Lost rookie season for the big guy.
          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

• It happens. Josh Chapman was IR'd by the Colts his rookie year and has been a stud this year, his 3rd year. NTs take time. Nix is going to tear it up in the NFL. No doubt.

Comment

• Rudolph - Te'o - Nix

...geez
              I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                Texans put him on IR. Lost rookie season for the big guy.
                Was it for the same knee?

Comment

• Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                  Rudolph - Te'o - Nix

...geez
                  - Eifert

Comment

• Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                    Rudolph - Te'o - Nix

...geez
                    Eifert too

Comment

• Entire NFL's a MASH unit.
                      I sometimes wonder if/why we don't sit down with recruits, show them the NFL injury lists every week, and remind them in no uncertain terms that their pro career probably won't last more than three or four years and to get a real degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                        Entire NFL's a MASH unit.
                        I sometimes wonder if/why we don't sit down with recruits, show them the NFL injury lists every week, and remind them in no uncertain terms that their pro career probably won't last more than three or four years and to get a real degree.
                        I'm 100% sure ND does that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rizzophil View Post
                          Was it for the same knee?
                          Wrist.
                          http://irishtp.com/

Comment

• Left knee

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                              I'm 100% sure ND does that.
                              Well, they should do it more. And with the parents. And then again. The idea that even elite recruits can rely on any sort of sustained career in the NFL is laughable. Even early-round draft picks get a signing bonus and then are left to pray their knees, shoulders and brains hold up.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thought Louis Nix III was next Vince Wilfork. Now gets to learn from Vince Wilfork in Houston.</p>&mdash; Dan Wetzel (@DanWetzel) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/577559113930014720">March 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thought Louis Nix III was next Vince Wilfork. Now gets to learn from Vince Wilfork in Houston.</p>&mdash; Dan Wetzel (@DanWetzel) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/577559113930014720">March 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                  <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                  Wow... A 3-4 defense with Watt and Clowney is silly enough. Add Wilfork and Irish Chocolate rotating the middle. Holy cow.
                                  Originally posted by koonja
                                  I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                    Wow... A 3-4 defense with Watt and Clowney is silly enough. Add Wilfork and Irish Chocolate rotating the middle. Holy cow.
                                    Yeah but..Brian Hoyer.

Comment

• Imagine seeing these two on goal line defense together:

Comment

• That defense could be disgustingly scary.
                                        I do not like Brian Kelly as a coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                                          Yeah but..Brian Hoyer.
                                          So you're saying they'll win every game 3-0?
                                          Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• Not much gas left in Wilfork's tank, but he can show Big Lou some tips and tricks.

Comment

• Focus on "little things" is big for Louis Nix, III
                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Here's hoping that he's not "Irish Chocolate Canoe" today. Not sure if he stays in Houston in the offseason or what, but they are getting hammered with flooding.

Comment

• Hopefully last year was another eye opening experience for him and he can get back on track. From what I read they were fairly disappointed last year, regardless of injuries.

Comment

• Released by Houston, wow

Comment

• Damn.

Comment

• Someone will pick him up and put him on their practice squad.

Sent via tapatalk

Comment

• Wow, that makes no sense. Unless there's a major injury we don't know about. He'll get picked up by another team.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1rish View Post
                                                            Wow, that makes no sense. Unless there's a major injury we don't know about. He'll get picked up by another team.
                                                            It does if he's not committed to the game. There hasn't been many positives out there about his time in Houston. Poor work ethical taking over again. Wish him the best but hope he can figure it out for a second time.

Comment

• Crazy. He was always compared to Wilfork. Was hoping Wilfork would show him the ropes for a season or two.

Comment

• While watching Hard Knocks last night, I was thinking "Where the hell is Irish Chocolate?"

With the personality and obvious heir apparent to Vince, I thought he would have gotten some camera time.

Hope he gets it together..
                                                                "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -Yeats

Comment

• The Bears have moved to a 3-4. I hope they consider picking him up.
                                                                  Originally posted by koonja
                                                                  I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

• Good thing he has one-year of eligibility left at ND
                                                                    "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• Originally posted by nsisk157 View Post
                                                                      While watching Hard Knocks last night, I was thinking "Where the hell is Irish Chocolate?"

With the personality and obvious heir apparent to Vince, I thought he would have gotten some camera time.

Hope he gets it together..
                                                                      I did as well, my conclusion was that it wasn't going well for him.

Comment

• Wow, I have not been paying much attention to his career. I just figured he would be a solid contributor. I guess not.
                                                                        Hi!

Comment

• Any chance he has lingering knee issues?

Comment

The Bears have moved to a 3-4. I hope they consider picking him up.
                                                                            Exactly what I thought. The 4-3 was the reason they didn't pick him last year in the first place. Would be a nice get (assuming there's nothing horribly wrong with him...he did just get cut).

Comment

• Getting cut in your second year after being a third round pick says something about the player...

However, Nix is still young, and inexperienced, and a former third round pick.. some team will scoop him up for their practice squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                It does if he's not committed to the game. There hasn't been many positives out there about his time in Houston. Poor work ethical taking over again. Wish him the best but hope he can figure it out for a second time.
                                                                                If I remember correctly, he was in BK's dog house for awhile at ND and needed a bit of a wake up call to take the game seriously. As long as he's not injured, he's got all the physical tools to be an NFL lineman. Let's hope this serves as the shot in the arm he needs to rededicate himself to the game.

Comment

• Did he get his degree before leaving?

Comment

• Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                                                                                    Did he get his degree before leaving?
                                                                                    Yes.

Comment

• It's a shame. Poor work ethic usually goes with bad attitude, but he obviously has a fantastic attitude. I know there were weight concerns. He was still hovering up around 350 when his playing weight should have been closer to 330.

Tangentially: How funny is it that Vince Wilfork is listed at 325?

‘Hard Knocks: Houston Texans’: The Sadness of Cut Day, the Joy of Vince Wilfork in Overalls and Cowboy Boots

Comment

• If Nix has had three knee surgeries, it's not difficult to imagine that he just can't cut it, physically, anymore, regardless of effort and experience.
                                                                                        Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.

Comment

• Bring him back as a GA!

Comment

The Bears have moved to a 3-4. I hope they consider picking him up.
                                                                                            This... They also are depleted in the NT spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by palinurus View Post
                                                                                              If Nix has had three knee surgeries, it's not difficult to imagine that he just can't cut it, physically, anymore, regardless of effort and experience.
                                                                                              Yeah. He may have left his best stuff on the field for us.

Comment

• He's a talent in a position where there aren't a lot of guys. He'll be fine.

Comment

• Cleveland should sign him... he'd instantly be the best Quarterback on the roster.
                                                                                                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                                                                                                    It's a shame. Poor work ethic usually goes with bad attitude, but he obviously has a fantastic attitude. I know there were weight concerns. He was still hovering up around 350 when his playing weight should have been closer to 330.

Tangentially: How funny is it that Vince Wilfork is listed at 325?

€˜Hard Knocks: Houston Texans€™: The Sadness of Cut Day, the Joy of Vince Wilfork in Overalls and Cowboy Boots
                                                                                                    LOL. I remember when the Vikings listed Pat Williams at 317

On the Left

Comment

• he should have neva been a 3/4 dt in nfl to begin with. he was just fat not really big and powerful for the position, was always blown up 1v1 constantly. Always only played good when he wanted to or got mad. he should have been told to slim down for combine and agent work the 4/3 teams. hes got shiftiness for a 300lber when he wants to show it, 340ish meh its not for him.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X