Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first step is making the group secret, something very easy to do. That way at least potential recruits can't read the stuff. But that doesn't solve the problem of people like Nix seeing what's written

Also, I really don't see the point of Nix trolling. There are countless fans who don't deserve it compared to the handful that do.

Comment

• Originally posted by peoriairish View Post
      lOUIS NIX III ‏ @IrishChocolate9
      I really want to weigh 295 pounds....#FatBoyTweet

And he wants to skinnier. Man, Twitter is so awesome. How else would I have been able to know this...
      If he was referencing what I wrote, they weren't my words. Gene told me that the FSU coaching staff said that. Sorry Big Lou, but FSU didn't want you.

Which is funny, because then Gene went on to mention that they also did not offer Terrence Cody (whom also wanted to go to FSU) and he went on to be an All-American DL.
      sigpic

Comment

• “@IrishChocolate9: @TAP1010 blah is more of a realistic word than bam in my iphone”
        “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

• Originally posted by DomeLover3 View Post
          Thanks, Terry. I don't like to think of myself as an idiot.... but thanks. Anyway, I don't have the power to shut Bang Bang down, though I am trying. Believe me... I am trying. I've talked to the admin, but he's set on keeping it up. He really means well, but there is a fundamental problem with Bang Bang that the group can't seem to grasp. You can't have players on an ND board. Players know to avoid fan boards such as this if they don't want to see the worst side of their fan base. So a board on Facebook, where they are invited to join CAN ONLY DO BAD. If you wanna have a board on Facebook- fine, LEAVE THE PLAYERS OUT OF IT. Make it secret so they won't be tempted to search it. I honestly believe Lou saw the stuff about the position battle and thought about Lynch's situation and thought to himself why is he so far from home when he could be in Florida having fun and not have to deal with ND fans hounding him........ Bang Bang needs to go. Allegedly, and this is the story from long ago before Nix was an admin, but the story goes something like this.. Tee was an admin, then he made Peter Zabroski an admin. After all the incidents with recruits, someone "high up" in the ND administration told Nix to be an admin so he could monitor this to not hurt recruiting. This was the story... Exposing Nix to the idiocy was probably a mistake. I don't care who does it, someone call Swarbrick, have him look up the directory for an old baseball player named Peter Zabroski, give him a call and get that off of Facebook.
          Just give us an address.

Comment

• Dear Irish Chocolate,

I would drop on a grenade for you...

Love Always,

~Bug

edit - WTGDF is going on with the embed?
            Originally posted by koonja
            I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
              Just give us an address.
              The website doesn't have an e-mail listen for him but the mailing address is:

University of Notre Dame
              C113 Joyce Center
              Notre Dame, IN 46556

Phone number for the Senior Administration: (574) 631-6107

Comment

The website doesn't have an e-mail listen for him but the mailing address is:

University of Notre Dame
                C113 Joyce Center
                Notre Dame, IN 46556

Phone number for the Senior Administration: (574) 631-6107
                I meant for the group administrator.

Comment

• Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                  Dear Irish Chocolate,

I would drop on a grenade for you...

Love Always,

~Bug

edit - WTGDF is going on with the embed?
                  SEE? It's not just me!

Comment

• Louis Nix- Grenade - YouTube

Comment

• Twitter and social media ban not too far on the horizon.

Comment

• Looks like its all good with the big fella.

Irish Sports Daily Forums

Comment

• Originally posted by loomis41973 View Post
                          Twitter and social media ban not too far on the horizon.
                          I think the idea of this is impractical and would make us less attractive to recruits

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
                            I meant for the group administrator.
                            Best I can do in terms of an address is his Facebook

Profile:

Peter Zabroski | Facebook

Comment

I think the idea of this is impractical and would make us less attractive to recruits
                              Urban Meyer is having trouble getting kids to commit to OSU, right?

Comment

Best I can do in terms of an address is his Facebook

Profile:

Peter Zabroski | Facebook
                                LOL at ZaBROski

Comment

Don't know if i agree with it either, but more and more schools are jumping on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                    Urban Meyer is having trouble getting kids to commit to OSU, right?
                                    Its disputed that hes banned tweeting.

OSU is also a very different sell than ND... Probably an easier one in this day and age

Comment

• Just to clarify... I would LOVE to see a ban on twitter and facebook for players... just don't know if it would work out..

Comment

• Since no one is paying any attention to it...

A poster on ISD talked to a trusted source within the team today. Nix is 100% staying but did have some kind of issues with the way something was happening. He apologized to the team today.

Our very own NDinLA verified and maybe will shed some more light on it if he has anything to add.

Comment

Since no one is paying any attention to it...

A poster on ISD talked to a trusted source within the team today. Nix is 100% staying but did have some kind of issues with the way something was happening. He apologized to the team today.

Our very own NDinLA verified and maybe will shed some more light on it if he has anything to add.
                                          Excellent news! Lets just hope precautions are taken to keep our players satisfied. haha

Comment

• After a five minute project in MS Paint, I've changed my profile pic in honor of this thread.

Comment

Since no one is paying any attention to it...

I would be interested to know what these "issues" are and what impact they have had on other player decisions to transfer, decommit, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgriff View Post
                                                After a five minute project in MS Paint, I've changed my profile pic in honor of this thread.
                                                Wow... that took five minutes, eh?

jk

Comment

• Originally posted by CarrollVermin View Post
                                                  I would be interested to know what these "issues" are and what impact they have had on other player decisions to transfer, decommit, etc.
                                                  I don't.

Comment

• Photo might not work but for the Big Bang Theory fans

Originally posted by mgriff View Post
                                                    After a five minute project in MS Paint, I've changed my profile pic in honor of this thread.

Last edited by STLDomer; 04-16-2012, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                      “@IrishChocolate9: @TAP1010 blah is more of a realistic word than bam in my iphone”
                                                      Missed that in my Tweetiverse. If blah means bam, then my bad, Lou Nix. I'm 36 and white.

All the same, while many of us take ND football a bit too seriously, it is, for better or worse, the most visible component of our University. While we certainly take to heart the impact losing players has on our team, we hurt equally (if not more) for the loss of opportunity beyond football Notre Dame can afford those that persevere through the challenging times.
                                                      "I do believe there's a Squatch in these woods."

Comment

• Originally posted by mgriff View Post
                                                        This is the Louis Nix troll face:

Comment

• I fail at uploading edited photos but

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                          if anyone wanted to know I put this

and his face in this together

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishAlum1997 View Post
                                                            Missed that in my Tweetiverse. If blah means bam, then my bad, Lou Nix. I'm 36 and white.

All the same, while many of us take ND football a bit too seriously, it is, for better or worse, the most visible component of our University. While we certainly take to heart the impact losing players has on our team, we hurt equally (if not more) for the loss of opportunity beyond football Notre Dame can afford those that persevere through the challenging times.
                                                            I think what he is trying to say is that he wanted his phone to type bam but it put blah.
                                                            Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                              I think what he is trying to say is that he wanted his phone to type bam but it put blah.
                                                              Winner.

Comment

• Twitter is dumb.
                                                                60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, could someone answer this-

If ND or BK did not want to release a player from scholarship is this possible and for how long? That would put a quick stop to non legit reasons to bail.

Comment

• What does trolling mean? He was venting frustration, not just messing with people.

Comment

if anyone wanted to know I put this

and his face in this together
                                                                      I would like to see this... please right click your edited pic, click "copy image url", then press the button, and then paste that url in the that box.

I may want to make a tshirt out of that.

PS - Please turn the background from red, to green. This change will deserve a vbeer.

Comment

I would like to see this... please right click your edited pic, click "copy image url", then press the button, and then paste that url in the that box.

I may want to make a tshirt out of that.

PS - Please turn the background from red, to green. This change will deserve a vbeer.
                                                                        I'd give vbucks (and real bucks) if it was of high quality. That'd be an awesome shirt!
                                                                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• We would need Nix (I HOPE HE DOESN'T READ THIS OR SOMETHING HINT HINT HINT) to post a picture with much better pixel quality.

This is the best I could do in between calc problems (so by no means consider it worthy of anything other than showing the need for a better picture):

Again, the pixel quality is pathetic. Any editing of his actual face turned out to be horrible.

Comment

“@IrishChocolate9: @TAP1010 blah is more of a realistic word than bam in my iphone”
                                                                            Sounds like his Iphone auto-corrected for him and he meant to say BAM instead of blah. If that is the case, then I would say that tweet was positive and not negative the way it seemed with the blah in there.

And Lou, most of the ND fans are not crazy, irrational dumb azzes. And those of us that are not can not wait to watch you and the rest of the D-Boys wreak havoc on opposing offenses next season! Go Irish!

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                                                              We would need Nix (I HOPE HE DOESN'T READ THIS OR SOMETHING HINT HINT HINT) to post a picture with much better pixel quality.

This is the best I could do in between calc problems (so by no means consider it worthy of anything other than showing the need for a better picture):

Again, the pixel quality is pathetic. Any editing of his actual face turned out to be horrible.
                                                                              Reps.

Somebody please tweet BigLou that we need a high res version of his nbc profile pic. This could be epic. I will send him several shirts if we can make this happen!

Comment

• We will also need a pic for this shirt as well.

Comment

• This thread has TOTALLY redeemed itself with the last few posts
                                                                                  "raise her gold and blue and cheer with voices true"

Comment

We will also need a pic for this shirt as well.

But the text needs to be changed to "Whatchu talkin bout Louis?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                                      I think NDdomer2 should be neg repped to oblivion for that one...
                                                                                      No, no, no (it ain't me, babe) ...

The line it is drawn, the curse it is cast.
                                                                                      The slow one now will later be fast,
                                                                                      As the present now will later be past;
                                                                                      The order is rapidly fadin'.
                                                                                      And the first one now will later be last,
                                                                                      For the times they are a-changin'.

Comment

Reps.

Somebody please tweet BigLou that we need a high res version of his nbc profile pic. This could be epic. I will send him several shirts if we can make this happen!
                                                                                        I hollered at him lets see if he responds

Comment

• Can we give it a rest with tweeting to or at players? I know it seems harmless, but there is no benefit.

Comment

• Alright long story short I'm ready to go with Lou. What do you guys need from him exactly (picture wise)
                                                                                            Last edited by gkIrish; 04-17-2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                                                                                              Can we give it a rest with tweeting to or at players? I know it seems harmless, but there is no benefit.
                                                                                              In this case, I strongly disagree. There is a clear, and awesome, benefit, and it's not a "you suck why would you even think about leaving?!?" or "please be my friend? :)" sorta thing.

We are his fans, I'm sure he gets that. I'd also bet that he will find this to be pretty funny too if it turns out well.

Keep in mind too that this is the same guy who will play with random Irish fans via his xbox, and is on Bang Bang (ugh.). We're not gunna scare him outta South Bend.

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                                                                                Reps.

Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                                                                Alright long story short I'm ready to go with Lou. What do you guys need from him exactly (picture wise)
                                                                                                Other than an autographed one? :) haha Ummm, one just with much better picture quality. I'm a total amateur and am just now taking my Planning Photoshop class (thus I am able to screw around with this), so I'm not sure if there's a real definition. Just a picture shot with digital camera would be fine. His facial expression would obivously be up to him; he's a funny guy, I trust him. haha
                                                                                                Last edited by Buster Bluth; 04-17-2012, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                                                  Correct.
                                                                                                  "I do believe there's a Squatch in these woods."

Comment

• Come gather round people wherever you roam
                                                                                                    And admit that the waters around you have grown
                                                                                                    And accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone
                                                                                                    If your time to you is worth saving
                                                                                                    Then you'd better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone
                                                                                                    For the times, they are a changing

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pens
                                                                                                    And keep your eyes open, the chance won't come again
                                                                                                    And don't speak too soon, the wheel's still in spin
                                                                                                    And there's no telling who that it's naming
                                                                                                    Oh the loser will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen, please head the call
                                                                                                    Don't stand in the doorway, don't block up the hal
                                                                                                    lFor he that gets hurt will be her that has stalled
                                                                                                    The battle outside ragging will soon shake your windows
                                                                                                    And rattle your hall

Come mothers and fathers all over this land
                                                                                                    And don't criticize what you can't understand
                                                                                                    Your sons and your daughter are beyond your command
                                                                                                    Your old role is rapidly aging
                                                                                                    Please get out of the new one if you can't lend a hand
                                                                                                    For the times they are a changing

The line, it is drawn, the curse, it is cast
                                                                                                    The slow one will later be fast
                                                                                                    And the present now will soon be the past
                                                                                                    The order is rapidly fading
                                                                                                    The first one now will later be last

Do we have a winner?
                                                                                                    Last edited by Bogtrotter07; 04-17-2012, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                                                                      Alright long story short I'm ready to go with Lou. What do you guys need from him exactly (picture wise)
                                                                                                      We need a high resolution pic file (PNG, JPEG, and GIF format) of his NBC profile pic. We will then have Bluster design it, and I will have the two shirts made.

What size shirt does a 329 pound NT wear?

Can we give it a rest with tweeting to or at players? I know it seems harmless, but there is no benefit.
                                                                                                      Get off my lawn, old timer.

@Buster - My apologies good sir. Vbeer cometh...

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X