Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'10 IL WR Kyle Prater (Northwestern Transfer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '10 IL WR Kyle Prater (Northwestern Transfer)

<font size=3><b>KYLE PRATER | Wide Receiver</b></font>

<table><tr><td width="200">Hillside, Illinois
    Proviso West

<b>Height:</b> 6'5"
    <b>Weight:</b> 205 lbs
    <b>Forty:</b> 4.56 secs
    <b>Bench:</b> 245 lbs
    <b>Squat:</b> 315 lbs
    <b>GPA:</b> 3.3</td>
    <td valign="top"><b>RANKING</b>
    Rivals: , Wide Recievers (1), National (2), Rating 6.1
    Scout: , Wide Receivers (2)
    ESPN: , Wide Receivers (8), National (43), Grade 82

<b>STATISTICS | Receiving</b>
    Junior: 60 Rec, 948 Yds, 9 TD</tr></td></table>

<b>COLLEGE CHOICES</b><table><tr><td width="125"><b>School</b></td><td width="175"><b>Interest</b></td><td width="50"><b>Offer</b></td><td width="125"><b>Visit</b></td></tr><tr><td>Southern Cal</td><td>SOFT VERBAL (9/2/2009)</td><td>Yes</td><td>None</td></tr><tr><td>Illinois</td><td>Low</td><td>Yes</td><td>10/30/2009</td></tr><tr><td>Notre Dame</td><td>Medium</td><td>Yes</td><td>11/21/2009</td></tr><tr><td>Oklahoma</td><td>Low</td><td>Yes</td><td>11/27/2009</td></tr></table>
    Last edited by NDinL.A.; 12-01-2009, 12:03 AM.
    sigpic Silence implies consent.

Picked up a verbal this weekend after junior day.

He is the cousin of Carlyle Holliday, former ND QB/WR.

He just won the Most Valuable Player Award for the Army National Combine. Kid looks legit, and it's nice that we have a ND tie in, plus he's in the next state. His forty time is already great, and it'll only get faster in his senior year...

Comment

Great glad to hear it This has been a good weekend. That has us at receivers and 1 o lineman right??
      Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

Nice article on him on Scout:

Scout.com: Hulbert Prodigy Prater Blowing Up

Unfortunately, Illinois is in the lead, and there was no mention of ND in the article. Doesn't mean we're not in it though, and his cousin did play for ND. But his coach is a former Illini and his best friend committed to Illinois already...

Comment

I think I read somewhere that he puts education first.

Comment

Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
            I think I read somewhere that he puts education first.
            So did Starling (LOL)...

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
              So did Starling (LOL)...
              Isn't he majoring in anatomy? haha

Comment

Got an offer from USC last week. Illinois has been considered the favorite. Oklahoma is also recruiting this kid hard. Read that he and Corey Cooper are pretty close and would love to play together.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                  Got an offer from USC last week. Illinois has been considered the favorite. Oklahoma is also recruiting this kid hard. Read that he and Corey Cooper are pretty close and would love to play together.
                  Depending on what you read and where you read, some people think these kids are so close they're a package deal. But from most of the articles, it sounds like they would love to play together but it's not a dealbreaker. Remember, Cooper is a soft IL verbal, so if they do want to play together it looks like it's between IL and ND. And Cooper said he might have verballed to ND on the spot had he made it to their junior day a few months back, so you know there's some big time interest there. Still a long ways to go though...

Comment

Stanford offered Cooper recently so if they want to play together that is now a third option. I tend not to buy the hype of "package deals" but it certianly couldnt hurt as a sell.

Comment

Pretty dissapointing article on Rivals today.
                      Prater talks about all of his offers adn especially goes into detail about USC, "USC is definitely an offer that caught my attention. I just have a feeling that I'm their type of receiver and that physically I'm similar to guys that they have had in their system in the past. I was hoping that they would come around and now that they have it's an offer I'm going to look at really hard. I know that USC will get one of my official visits for sure."

Hopefully he will change his mind when we whoop USC's a$$

Comment

More bad news via ESPN. Prater recently visited Oklahoma and said he was blown away by his visit. He threw in a tidbit that Illinois and Notre Dame was cool, but I don't want to be the cool school. I want to be the knock you off your butt school. Come on Prater, Carlyle loved it here!

Comment

Yeah this kid just doesn't seem that interested in being at Notre Dame. Oh well, hopefully Justin McCay gets on board. I still think some of these kids will change their mind oncewe start winning.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                            Pretty dissapointing article on Rivals today.
                            Prater talks about all of his offers adn especially goes into detail about USC, "USC is definitely an offer that caught my attention. I just have a feeling that I'm their type of receiver and that physically I'm similar to guys that they have had in their system in the past. I was hoping that they would come around and now that they have it's an offer I'm going to look at really hard. I know that USC will get one of my official visits for sure."

Hopefully he will change his mind when we whoop USC's a$$
                            That's actually a quote that he said a week or so ago. But yeah, that combined with the OK quote doesn't give me the fuzzy-wuzzies on him. It's a long recruiting battle with him, so I'm not even close to waving the white flag...

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                              That's actually a quote that he said a week or so ago. But yeah, that combined with the OK quote doesn't give me the fuzzy-wuzzies on him. It's a long recruiting battle with him, so I'm not even close to waving the white flag...
                              Yeah, this isn't over, yet...

Comment

Working...
                              X