Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

22 CA LB Niuafe Tuihalamaka (Offer)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    He doesn't have elite speed by any means, but neither did Manti which didn't seem to hurt his ranking out of HS. This guy has elite instincts IMO which can mask some of the other issues at the college level. Speed is awesome in most cases, but speed without instincts just means you consistently get to the wrong spot quickly. Now sometimes guys have enough athleticism to make up for being out of position.

    Basically, I don't think lack of speed is as much of an issue if the prospect has elite instincts, which I think is the case here. I like him as a prospect, and think he is a high floor/low ceiling guy.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Irishbounty28 View Post
      He doesn't have elite speed by any means, but neither did Manti which didn't seem to hurt his ranking out of HS. This guy has elite instincts IMO which can mask some of the other issues at the college level. Speed is awesome in most cases, but speed without instincts just means you consistently get to the wrong spot quickly. Now sometimes guys have enough athleticism to make up for being out of position.

      Basically, I don't think lack of speed is as much of an issue if the prospect has elite instincts, which I think is the case here. I like him as a prospect, and think he is a high floor/low ceiling guy.
      Yep - don't get me wrong. I think he's a tremendous player from what I've seen. But lately (post Manti) more praise goes to the sideline to sideline type of players. He seems like an old school Mike to me

      Comment


      • #63
        “I definitely love Coach Kelly” - from 247

        Another 1-1 Zoom this week. Applying some pressure on Wesolak and now Niuafe

        Comment


        • #64
          it is interesting how the pay sites are using this Kelly recruiting thing as part of their news and notes now.
          Prehistoric

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

            Yep - don't get me wrong. I think he's a tremendous player from what I've seen. But lately (post Manti) more praise goes to the sideline to sideline type of players. He seems like an old school Mike to me
            I dont know if the game has passed that position by but I LOVE LOVE LOVE a heavy hard hitting downhill MLB.
            "From Chaos comes Clarity"

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

              I dont know if the game has passed that position by but I LOVE LOVE LOVE a heavy hard hitting downhill MLB.
              I’d view it as yes game as moved to sideline to sideline but if you have a roster of 12 of those type LBs and zero that can lay the wood inside the numbers, you’re going to have a different issue

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Dale View Post

                I’d view it as yes game as moved to sideline to sideline but if you have a roster of 12 of those type LBs and zero that can lay the wood inside the numbers, you’re going to have a different issue

                Agreed, and with our schedule always having a great variance among opponents you have to stock the cupboard for everything.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Armyirish47 View Post


                  Agreed, and with our schedule always having a great variance among opponents you have to stock the cupboard for everything.
                  This. It's good to have a variety of players even if some of them are not every down or every game type players. Is it hard to keep those guys happy on the roster? Potentially, but let's worry abou that after we get them, lol.

                  Plus, there are still really good Mike LB's in college football that aren't considered great athletes so it's not of concern to me. We don't need to look any further than a guy we played this year, James Skalski. Dude is an average athlete but he's a brick shit house, that is physical every play, and knows how to read a defense.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

                    This. It's good to have a variety of players even if some of them are not every down or every game type players. Is it hard to keep those guys happy on the roster? Potentially, but let's worry abou that after we get them, lol.

                    Plus, there are still really good Mike LB's in college football that aren't considered great athletes so it's not of concern to me. We don't need to look any further than a guy we played this year, James Skalski. Dude is an average athlete but he's a brick shit house, that is physical every play, and knows how to read a defense.
                    For some reason i always despise LB's like him, Ben Boulware was probably the most insufferable. They get value because they are surrounded by underclassmen future NFL'ers
                    What did Davonte do?

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

                      For some reason i always despise LB's like him, Ben Boulware was probably the most insufferable. They get value because they are surrounded by underclassmen future NFL'ers
                      They have value because they are good football players. Skalski made the Clemson defense better, not the other way around.

                      Just like Tevon Coney. You can be a very good collegiate player and not one suited for the NFL. Not mutually exclusive in the slightest.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Anyone who thinks this dude isn't worth the roster spot because he's a downhill player isn't considering one simple fact -- Freeman's scheme requires a gap shooter which Niuafe would be perfect for. May not have been as much of an impact player in Lea's scheme, but with Freeman he could be a juggernuat.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                          Anyone who thinks this dude isn't worth the roster spot because he's a downhill player isn't considering one simple fact -- Freeman's scheme requires a gap shooter which Niuafe would be perfect for. May not have been as much of an impact player in Lea's scheme, but with Freeman he could be a juggernuat.
                          Excellent point.

                          Comment


                          • #73

                            ISD Audio | Notre Dame LB Target Junior Tuihalamaka


                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Dropped 6 spots on Rivals update. Now #71.
                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/JuniorNiuafe/status/1366478405479198720[/TWITTER]

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X