Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 VA DE Aiden Gobaira (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '22 VA DE Aiden Gobaira (Notre Dame Verbal)

Weak-side Defensive End

Chantilly, VA
    Chantilly

Measurements:
    Ht: 6'5"
    Wt: 210

Rankings:
    247...................3*.....89..........Nat: NR.....St: 10.....Pos: 15
    247comp...........3*.....8839......Nat: 377.....St: 12.....Pos: 23
    ESPN................NR.....NR..........Nat: NR.....St: NR.....Pos: NR
    Rivals................3*.....5.7........Nat: NR.....St: 16.....Pos: 26

Offers:
    Arizona State
    Boston College
    Duke
    East Carolina
    Kentucky
    Louisville
    Michigan State
    Minnesota
    Nebraska
    Notre Dame
    Old Dominion
    Penn State
    Rutgers
    Syracuse
    Vanderbilt
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech

Highlights:
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1252375...481b0cbcf9dab1
    Last edited by BeauBenken; 02-16-2021, 07:31 AM.
    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Nothing says dominating DE recruit like a bow tie.

Comment

A white kid whose name ends in a vowel. Guaranteed Loy CB.

But I strike first with a NDCb

Seriously, good film and length. Lets start hanging some meat on him and see how he reacts.

Comment

Really like that film, but agreed with Crus, dude needs some help from Balis

Comment

I'm going to bump a few threads here today with guys that the staff seems to be re-engaging with.

Aiden being mentioned at BGI as a guy that Elston and Freeman have been on a lot lately.

Comment

Freeman wants all the DEs and OLBs

Is it possible for the 2022 class to have 8 players with varying degrees of edge rushing?

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandGuy View Post
              Freeman wants all the DEs and OLBs

Is it possible for the 2022 class to have 8 players with varying degrees of edge rushing?
              Without knowing who all fits that category it'd be hard for me to comment but I'd be pretty surprised if they went that high. I think 3-4 hand down edge defenders seems like plenty.

I don't think all of this recent recruiting, re-engaging, etc. is indicative of how many guys they are willing to take at all positions. More so to make sure the board has plenty of targets.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                Without knowing who all fits that category it'd be hard for me to comment but I'd be pretty surprised if they went that high. I think 3-4 hand down edge defenders seems like plenty.

I don't think all of this recent recruiting, re-engaging, etc. is indicative of how many guys they are willing to take at all positions. More so to make sure the board has plenty of targets.
                Agreed. I like that Freeman and Co. are acting like they are big swinging d*cks though. He came from Cincy to ND and immediately started acting like he's at Alabama. Charlie W tried to do the same thing and it backfired. Freeman won't fail.

Comment

Originally posted by NDFAN420 View Post
                  Agreed. I like that Freeman and Co. are acting like they are big swinging d*cks though. He came from Cincy to ND and immediately started acting like he's at Alabama. Charlie W tried to do the same thing and it backfired. Freeman won't fail.
                  in fairness when Diaco was hired he went after the 5 star guys also and he hit on Lynch, Tuitt and Ishaq. Probably worth a gamble
                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

Right, I kid. Sorta.

Agree with 3 hands down rushers minimum. Ford + 2 others seems certain.

Then Ziegler + 2 others is also the minimum at OLB

So 6...7....8 (a stretch?)

He seems to want maybe 2 DT. Likely Hinish + another. And maybe a ILB (Tuihalamaka).

Call it 7, 2 DTs, and a ILB for 10 front 7 players? We did pull in 6 in 2021 class and only 4 in 2020 class (8 in 2019 class who will be seniors when current recruits step on campus).

Hmm....

QB, RB, WR, WR, WR (maybe 2 but arguably a position we need talent), TE, 4-5 OL? (Chan, Tanona, Schrauth, Taylor, Wagner).

So 9-11 on Offense.
                    6-7 Edge front 7 on D
                    2-3 Middle front 7 (DT/ILB)
                    Then 4-5 DBs? - NEED 2 corners and 2 safeties minimum

Total class size 21-26? (26 seems a bit high haha)

Rough numbers....but...big after a 27 man class.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandGuy View Post
                      Right, I kid. Sorta.

Agree with 3 hands down rushers minimum. Ford + 2 others seems certain.

Then Ziegler + 2 others is also the minimum at OLB

So 6...7....8 (a stretch?)

He seems to want maybe 2 DT. Likely Hinish + another. And maybe a ILB (Tuihalamaka).

Call it 7, 2 DTs, and a ILB for 10 front 7 players? We did pull in 6 in 2021 class and only 4 in 2020 class (8 in 2019 class who will be seniors when current recruits step on campus).

Hmm....

QB, RB, WR, WR, WR (maybe 2 but arguably a position we need talent), TE, 4-5 OL? (Chan, Tanona, Schrauth, Taylor, Wagner).

So 9-11 on Offense.
                      6-7 Edge front 7 on D
                      2-3 Middle front 7 (DT/ILB)
                      Then 4-5 DBs? - NEED 2 corners and 2 safeties minimum

Total class size 21-26? (26 seems a bit high haha)

Rough numbers....but...big after a 27 man class.
                      I think we will be recruiting slightly higher numbers along with everyone else with the transfer portal wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                        in fairness when Diaco was hired he went after the 5 star guys also and he hit on Lynch, Tuitt and Ishaq. Probably worth a gamble
                        I think you added to my point. Plus Freeman has a lot more cachet coming into the position, so maximizing that is paramount. I like what he's dong.

Comment

I think you added to my point. Plus Freeman has a lot more cachet coming into the position, so maximizing that is paramount. I like what he's dong.
                          Absolutely, and chances are he will be only at ND for 2 years anyways. He might as well swing for the fences
                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                            Absolutely, and chances are he will be only at ND for 2 years anyways. He might as well swing for the fences
                            Agreed, which is why this is all very thrilling to see. I really do think he's going to succeed with this template.

Comment

Maybe so, but Bob had the hair.

Comment

Working...
                              X