Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still no Bauman shout out?

Comment

In the 2009 recruiting class Brian Kelly signed a LB group of Dan Fox and 2 x 5-Star's. One of them was from New Jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by Calabrese's People View Post
        In the 2009 recruiting class Brian Kelly signed a LB group of Dan Fox and 2 x 5-Star's. One of them was from New Jersey.
        A, Weis signed that class
        B, wasn't Calabrese a 3 star?

Comment

Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
          In 2009 we signed 3 players from NJ:
          Tyler Stockton-4* (#193 Overall on Rivals)
          Theo Riddick-4* (#240 Overall on Rivals)
          Carlo Calabrese-3*

Comment

Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post

Comment

Released his top-6 today:

- ND
              - Penn State
              - Rutgers
              - Clemson
              - USC
              - Michigan

Comment

I reckon that is a top 5 and an LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                  I don't think there is much of a chance he ends up at Rutgers but I do think Schiano is making Rutgers a lot more interesting to NJ and NE targets than his predecessors. He gets a lot of street cred for what he did with OSU. And, his first year there they put up a decent showing. Beat MSU and Purdue. Should've beat Michigan. And then had a competitive game against Nebraska. Those are all programs that carry more B10 cache than Rutgers did going into the season. Arrow up for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                    Which one is the LOL? USC or UM?

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

I don't think there is much of a chance he ends up at Rutgers but I do think Schiano is making Rutgers a lot more interesting to NJ and NE targets than his predecessors. He gets a lot of street cred for what he did with OSU. And, his first year there they put up a decent showing. Beat MSU and Purdue. Should've beat Michigan. And then had a competitive game against Nebraska. Those are all programs that carry more B10 cache than Rutgers did going into the season. Arrow up for sure.
                      Agreed; Schiano is a helluva recruiter and a player's coach . He seems to get everyone to buy-in. I think he'll turn them around sooner than later with the help of bringing back elite NY/NJ recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by #1rish View Post

Agreed; Schiano is a helluva recruiter and a player's coach . He seems to get everyone to buy-in. I think he'll turn them around sooner than later with the help of bringing back elite NY/NJ recruits.
                        He certainly wasn't considered a "player's coach" during his time with the Bucs. They hated him and everyone who covered the team knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

He certainly wasn't considered a "player's coach" during his time with the Bucs. They hated him and everyone who covered the team knew it.
                          To be fair, NFL and college are very different power structure. Didn’t Revis kind of not like him from the beginning and questioned his defensive style? Tough to win a locker room when a already outspoken star player takes the opposite from the beginning. Not normally going to see a player have more leverage than the coach in that way in college

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

To be fair, NFL and college are very different power structure. Didn't Revis kind of not like him from the beginning and questioned his defensive style? Tough to win a locker room when a already outspoken star player takes the opposite from the beginning. Not normally going to see a player have more leverage than the coach in that way in college
                            I think Revis got there a year after Schiano did. I think Schiano got there in 2012, and a few players got MRSA and Schiano's handling of that whole situation along with his old-school style rubbed most of the players the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post

I think Revis got there a year after Schiano did. I think Schiano got there in 2012, and a few players got MRSA and Schiano's handling of that whole situation along with his old-school style rubbed most of the players the wrong way.
                              Gotcha I know there was a Josh Freeman drama too. Didn’t know Revis was year 2

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post

Yeah, he told NFL players "toes on the line" and he meant it. If those toes weren't on the line there was hell to pay.

Comment

Working...
                                X