Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 CA QB Tyler Buchner (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NDisme View Post
    Oh god, that Ď07 year was brutal Jimmy was running for his life and getting the sh*t kicked out of him.
    The sack against Michigan when their entire DL met at the QB was brutal. Itís what happens when you ignore OL recruiting for a couple of years.
    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by NDisme View Post
      Oh god, that Ď07 year was brutal Jimmy was running for his life and getting the sh*t kicked out of him.
      Now, that Jimmy with NDs (hopefully) still pretty solid O-line next year? I think he could have won some more games.

Add in Buchner can make plays in other ways too...I think it could make sense for a day 1 start if he's up for it mentally. He seems like a sharp, confident kid. Jimmy took that beating and it made him into a bad man.

I think Buchner, with a really solid team, and new pieces (like Lorenzo, Austin, JJ) could possibly go undefeated *regular season*.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post
        The sack against Michigan when their entire DL met at the QB was brutal. Itís what happens when you ignore OL recruiting for a couple of years.
        Im not 100% convinced some of those sacks were not the "Pug you Jimmy" from the boys of the Oline. It was pretty common knowledge that he wasnt liked by the team and had a very entitled attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wingman Ray View Post
          Im not 100% convinced some of those sacks were not the "Pug you Jimmy" from the boys of the Oline. It was pretty common knowledge that he wasnt liked by the team and had a very entitled attitude.
          That may be true but he never came off half as bad as some people made him out to be. Obviously the state rings at the CFB HOF turned people off but his teammates loved him by his Jr. Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Wingman Ray View Post
            I'm too lazy to look it up, but I could swear John Sullivan all but copped to it.
            My CFB Book: https://www.amazon.com/Southbound-Tr.../dp/0692932593

Comment

• Originally posted by hungryhippo View Post
              I'm too lazy to look it up, but I could swear John Sullivan all but copped to it.
              Makes sense. I remember Sullivan being terrible and then was shocked when he became a good pro. I did hear the rumor he did not like Jimmy. OL sucked though no matter who was qb.

One thing about Weis, he wasn’t afraid to switch things up. Came out the first game running the West Virginia offense. Didn’t work, didn’t last. What a shitshow that year was.
              "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• I distinctly remember that 2007 season. Snaps going over Jimmy's head, the sacks, the harrassment all game every game. That was a season-long, on-field, purposeful hazing. There were decent players like Sullivan, and they fed Jimmy to the wolves. I never felt so betrayed by ND players. Yep Sullivan alluded to it later on, too.

Comment

• Great read on Tyler. He sure seems like the real deal. Excited to see him during the Spring.

https://www.ndinsider.com/recruiting...bd7cdf16e.html

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                    Now, that Jimmy with NDs (hopefully) still pretty solid O-line next year? I think he could have won some more games.

Add in Buchner can make plays in other ways too...I think it could make sense for a day 1 start if he's up for it mentally. He seems like a sharp, confident kid. Jimmy took that beating and it made him into a bad man.

I think Buchner, with a really solid team, and new pieces (like Lorenzo, Austin, JJ) could possibly go undefeated *regular season*.
                    I loved Jimmy. Shows up with his rings. Says let's wreck clowns.

Yeah he got f'ing thumped his freshman year, but he was indeed a "bad man" by the time he left. Really wish he had stayed for 2010. Would have been an absolute treat to see an hombre like that in a Brian Kelly scheme.
                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by Guyjin37 View Post
                      I distinctly remember that 2007 season. Snaps going over Jimmy's head, the sacks, the harrassment all game every game. That was a season-long, on-field, purposeful hazing. There were decent players like Sullivan, and they fed Jimmy to the wolves. I never felt so betrayed by ND players. Yep Sullivan alluded to it later on, too.
                      As a fan, Iíve never been able to let that go with Sullivan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guyjin37 View Post
                        I distinctly remember that 2007 season. Snaps going over Jimmy's head, the sacks, the harrassment all game every game. That was a season-long, on-field, purposeful hazing. There were decent players like Sullivan, and they fed Jimmy to the wolves. I never felt so betrayed by ND players. Yep Sullivan alluded to it later on, too.
                        I totally missed it where he admitted that. Any chance there is a link to that floating around?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                          I loved Jimmy. Shows up with his rings. Says let's wreck clowns.

Yeah he got f'ing thumped his freshman year, but he was indeed a "bad man" by the time he left. Really wish he had stayed for 2010. Would have been an absolute treat to see an hombre like that in a Brian Kelly scheme.
                          My exís boss is married Jimmyís cousin, so I got to meet him briefly a couple of times back in the day. Yeah, Jummy liked to talk about Jimmy but I didnít think he was too bad. Seemed to be really cool with his cousin. I still laughed though when he played Stanford with a black eye.

He sure could sling it!!! Much better by far than any ND QB that BKís had IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                            My exís boss is married Jimmyís cousin, so I got to meet him briefly a couple of times back in the day. Yeah, Jummy liked to talk about Jimmy but I didnít think he was too bad. Seemed to be really cool with his cousin. I still laughed though when he played Stanford with a black eye.

He sure could sling it!!! Much better by far than any ND QB that BKís had IMO.
                            The "Who Gave Jimmy Clausen a Black Eye?" question has become a legendary debate, bordering on conspiracy.

Maybe you could tell us the real answer since you hung out with him???

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                              The "Who Gave Jimmy Clausen a Black Eye?" question has become a legendary debate, bordering on conspiracy.

Maybe you could tell us the real answer since you hung out with him???
                              It was Davonte

Comment

• THANK GOD Buchner didn't play his senior season at Bishop's (with an assist to covid)

They would've opened with Mater Dei. The game is scheduled for this Friday but that isn't happening. Big uproar over a couple of Christian schools playing last Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X