Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woneone
    replied
    And apparently Buddy Boeheim is not human right now.

Leave a comment:

• Woneone
    replied
    Didn't know where else to put this - but Jaden Ivey is an absolute stud.

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    Jaden apparently didn't want to be in mom's shadow though.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
    Could Jaden Ivey have helped the team this year?
    I suspect he would have made a decent difference. Saw a segment on TV last night on him and Niele. What a great kid and player. Mom handled it perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NDGOLDEN
    replied
    Tre Mitchell is transferring from UMASS. We lead for him during recruitment but he got concerned with our recruitment of hunter dickinson. His 2 seasons at umass he is averaging 18 PPG 7 RPG 2 APG 1 BPG. He looks like Auguste but he can shoot from 3.

Would be a really huge pickup for brey. We will see where this goes

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied
    Originally posted by Woneone View Post
    Per Noie, Djogo announces that he's entering the transfer portal. So apparently he does want to play another year.

I don't get this. His tweet made it sound as though he's "Exploring all options", so hopefully that means he would be open to staying. And yes, I'd like him to stay. I was on the fence, but after watching him actually get after a lottery pick in Scottie Barnes at FSU, we need more of that.
    Maybe he doesn't want to play for a new coach.

Leave a comment:

• Woneone
    replied
    Per Noie, Djogo announces that he's entering the transfer portal. So apparently he does want to play another year.

I don't get this. His tweet made it sound as though he's "Exploring all options", so hopefully that means he would be open to staying. And yes, I'd like him to stay. I was on the fence, but after watching him actually get after a lottery pick in Scottie Barnes at FSU, we need more of that.

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied
    Originally posted by NDGOLDEN View Post
    https://theacc.com/news/2021/3/15/ge...sfer-rule.aspx

ACC getting rid of inter conference transfer rule
    intrA - i believe this is for only transfers ACC => ACC

Leave a comment:

• NDGOLDEN
    replied
    https://theacc.com/news/2021/3/15/ge...sfer-rule.aspx

ACC getting rid of inter conference transfer rule

Leave a comment:

• irishandy
    replied
    Hubb and Las MUST show up next year. I miss a point guard like Farrell or Hansbrough, we need guards like them to run the offense. I am curious to see what the Yale transfer can do. Since I went to Riley I will be watching Blake closely. When they hit their 3's Wertz and Ryan can be dangerous. I want to see more passion out of the program.

Leave a comment:

• NDGOLDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishize View Post

Brey had a great run for ND MBB but he’s way too predictable now. He will return next season w/ a roster loaded w/ experience upperclassmen & a “difference maker” transfer. ND will be among the favorites in the ACC & assumed to be a lock for the Tourney. Alas, Brey will have them underachieve b/c he refuses (or seems to) to stress defense and they will sneak into the Tourney before going one & done to a lesser foe.

After that, Brey & ND will part ways. Jack will hire the new coach w/ high expectations while everyone forgets there is zero talent on that roster beyond next season. Then when the new HC fails to immediately have them competing in the ACC, the Brey loyalists will remind everyone “You wanted Brey gone, you got your wish, deal with it” when in reality there isn’t a coach in the country who can win with their roster in 2022/2023.
    Well to be fair there can be talent on the 2022/2023 roster. Goodwine said he is coming back for 5th year. Carmody will most likely be back. Wertz and Ryan will most likely be back. So you have a core of players right there. Then if zona can develop into a big that we need then you have a solid core.

Also can’t forget with the ruling of one time transfer it will be a lot easier to get a transfer to step in right away
    Last edited by NDGOLDEN; 03-14-2021, 12:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    Brey's postgame interview was a lot of, we'll get them next year. I like the roster composition for next year, a lot, actually. But I thought this years roster was better than the results. So, I see no reason to think Brey will have these guys playing up to potential next season. But, I guess I'll have to talk myself into getting excited about it.
    Brey had a great run for ND MBB but he’s way too predictable now. He will return next season w/ a roster loaded w/ experience upperclassmen & a “difference maker” transfer. ND will be among the favorites in the ACC & assumed to be a lock for the Tourney. Alas, Brey will have them underachieve b/c he refuses (or seems to) to stress defense and they will sneak into the Tourney before going one & done to a lesser foe.

After that, Brey & ND will part ways. Jack will hire the new coach w/ high expectations while everyone forgets there is zero talent on that roster beyond next season. Then when the new HC fails to immediately have them competing in the ACC, the Brey loyalists will remind everyone “You wanted Brey gone, you got your wish, deal with it” when in reality there isn’t a coach in the country who can win with their roster in 2022/2023.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    I have a sad.

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied
    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    Brey's postgame interview was a lot of, we'll get them next year. I like the roster composition for next year, a lot, actually. But I thought this years roster was better than the results. So, I see no reason to think Brey will have these guys playing up to potential next season. But, I guess I'll have to talk myself into getting excited about it.
    These guys aren't suddenly going to become good defender) rebounders so unlikely much changes, imo.

Leave a comment:

• TNUtoNotreDame
    replied
    Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

just reported on CBS sports.com So we just have to ignore MBB for another year, I guess
    I am passive basketball fan but think this really is a dumb decision. The tailspin is not likely going to end and they are delaying the inevitable. Jack does not fire people though in general. How many has he fired in his tenure? one person or is it more then that ?

If his buyout is really 10 million I bet we have at minimum two more years to endure.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stpeteirish
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

Here's the report -- https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ays-of-season/

Very sad if true. My initial source on Brey being out was the agent of a current coach that got contacted about the ND job. For them to renege on this either means Swarbrick doesn't have the money to actually fire Brey + Brey changed his mind (again) on stepping down.
    yeah, his reported buy out is 10 million. They could raise that amount in a nanosecond to buy out a football coach but BB is a totally different animal at ND.

I'll chip in $100, only need 9999 more disgruntled fans and we've got this.

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

just reported on CBS sports.com So we just have to ignore MBB for another year, I guess
    Here's the report -- https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ays-of-season/

Very sad if true. My initial source on Brey being out was the agent of a current coach that got contacted about the ND job. For them to renege on this either means Swarbrick doesn't have the money to actually fire Brey + Brey changed his mind (again) on stepping down.

Leave a comment:

• stpeteirish
    replied
    Originally posted by TNUtoNotreDame View Post

Not happening. Brey gets another year. Swarbrick won't fire him.

Leave a comment:

• TNUtoNotreDame
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

You're on the clock Jack.
    Not happening. Brey gets another year. Swarbrick won't fire him.

Leave a comment:

• stpeteirish
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

he slept thru the alarm

Leave a comment:

• clashmore_mike
    replied
    Could Jaden Ivey have helped the team this year?

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by TP81989 View Post

It was even uglier than I thought it would be.

I hope Swarbrick does the right thing if Brey doesn't step down as he should.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Well the Irish pucker hole got enlarged tonight...

Leave a comment:

• TP81989
    replied
    Originally posted by TP81989 View Post

Season ends tomorrow.

It'll likely be an ugly game against UNC.
    It was even uglier than I thought it would be.

I hope Swarbrick does the right thing if Brey doesn't step down as he should.

Leave a comment:

• NDGOLDEN
    replied
    OMFG. Can someone get rid of this thread.

Leave a comment:

• NDGOLDEN
    replied
    Well this really sucks. See you next year. Hopefully next year will be a lot better then this year. It should be. You are gonna have like 4 seniors

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    I wish we had 4 NBA quality guys as bigs like UNC does.

Leave a comment:

• Woneone
    replied
    Done. Embarrassing. See everyone next year.

This is what UNC does to D2 schools.

Leave a comment:

• Woneone
    replied
    I honestly am not watching the game, I’m on vacation.

is anyone even trying to box out Bacot?

Jesus Christ, he’s not THAT good a player.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Unc has 30 rebounds in one half.

Fire him at halftime.
    18 offensive lol. That's more than ND's total.

Leave a comment:

• Woneone
    replied
    Unc has 30 rebounds in one half.

Fire him at halftime.

Leave a comment:

• RDU Irish
    replied
    I am stuck in an abusive relationship. I had given up but unable to turn away. Now I can't wait to watch tonight. I am encouraged that Laz should be fresh and ready. I am not a Cormac fan but have to give a tip of the cap for his finishing efforts.

Classic Brey though - seat gets a little hot and team goes to beat Top 15 FSU and 17-2 run to stay alive in ACC tourney. So frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• NDGOLDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
    Anyone else smell a Kemba 5 win Big East tourney champ to NCAA champ type of run?

Oh wait, that's just the pot I smell... lol

Still happy to see a fun moment. Still excited for next season, regardless of the coaching situation.
    I smell it too. Smells good

Who do you think Kemba will be? Ryan? Wertz? Hubb?

Leave a comment:

• FightingIrishLover7
    replied
    Anyone else smell a Kemba 5 win Big East tourney champ to NCAA champ type of run?

Oh wait, that's just the pot I smell... lol

Still happy to see a fun moment. Still excited for next season, regardless of the coaching situation.

Leave a comment:

• NDGOLDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
    The iconic GOT IT. Nice. That's awesome for Jack.

Let's have a three or four more awesome moments this tournament, shall we?
    I wouldn’t be opposed to that LOL.

if anyone wants to hear the call with Celine then this is for you

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    The iconic GOT IT. Nice. That's awesome for Jack.

Let's have a three or four more awesome moments this tournament, shall we?

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Why is it when a guy drains a buzzer beater and gets mobbed by teammates, he has to look so solemn or pissed off? Is it against the rules to smile and enjoy the moment? lol

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied
    https://twitter.com/ndmbb/status/136...558495234?s=21

glad Jack Nolan got one last call like this

Leave a comment:

• clashmore_mike
    replied
    Wow, that result was not what I was expecting to wake up to this morning. Good on them going on a run like that.

Leave a comment:

• NDGOLDEN
    replied
    So we closed that game on a 15 or 17-2 run, no? What a finish. lol
    17-2 lol

I am in complete shock. I turned the game off on my tv and watched on my phone the when the 17-2 run started so I know where I’ll be watching the game tomorrow lol

Leave a comment:

• Woneone
    replied
    If you have to finish a game in the ACC tournament with Nic Djogo on the floor, maybe you ask him back?

Did I say ask? At this point, I meant beg.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    yup. the "gameflow" chart on espn is pretty funny.
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401300966

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    LOL.
    Didn't see that coming.

Leave a comment:

• Woneone
    replied
    Hahaha.

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    I gotta be honest. I started watching when we go on a 12-0 run and then hit the game winner at the buzzer.

Maybe I should always be watching!

Leave a comment:

• Woneone
    replied
    Dane Goodwin and Prentis Hubb need to have a come to Jesus moment about defense. They are absolutely embarrassing this game.

Goodwin can't stay in front of anyone, causing a breakdown basically whenever someone wants to go by him.

Hubb is just lazy half the time.

I asked earlier this year who would trade us guards, and I said Wake would. After this, I doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• stpeteirish
    replied
    Just a quick glance, but 44 points looks to be the most points scored by Wake in the first half of any game this year. I wonder how many of those type stats we're on the end of this year.
    well don't forget mighty BC hit 90 something vs this defense.

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X