No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Notre Dameís Menís Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brey's postgame interview was a lot of, we'll get them next year. I like the roster composition for next year, a lot, actually. But I thought this years roster was better than the results. So, I see no reason to think Brey will have these guys playing up to potential next season. But, I guess I'll have to talk myself into getting excited about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

just reported on CBS sports.com So we just have to ignore MBB for another year, I guess
      I am passive basketball fan but think this really is a dumb decision. The tailspin is not likely going to end and they are delaying the inevitable. Jack does not fire people though in general. How many has he fired in his tenure? one person or is it more then that ?

If his buyout is really 10 million I bet we have at minimum two more years to endure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
        Brey's postgame interview was a lot of, we'll get them next year. I like the roster composition for next year, a lot, actually. But I thought this years roster was better than the results. So, I see no reason to think Brey will have these guys playing up to potential next season. But, I guess I'll have to talk myself into getting excited about it.
        These guys aren't suddenly going to become good defender) rebounders so unlikely much changes, imo.
        Prehistoric

Comment

• I have a sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
            Brey's postgame interview was a lot of, we'll get them next year. I like the roster composition for next year, a lot, actually. But I thought this years roster was better than the results. So, I see no reason to think Brey will have these guys playing up to potential next season. But, I guess I'll have to talk myself into getting excited about it.
            Brey had a great run for ND MBB but he’s way too predictable now. He will return next season w/ a roster loaded w/ experience upperclassmen & a “difference maker” transfer. ND will be among the favorites in the ACC & assumed to be a lock for the Tourney. Alas, Brey will have them underachieve b/c he refuses (or seems to) to stress defense and they will sneak into the Tourney before going one & done to a lesser foe.

After that, Brey & ND will part ways. Jack will hire the new coach w/ high expectations while everyone forgets there is zero talent on that roster beyond next season. Then when the new HC fails to immediately have them competing in the ACC, the Brey loyalists will remind everyone “You wanted Brey gone, you got your wish, deal with it” when in reality there isn’t a coach in the country who can win with their roster in 2022/2023.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post

Brey had a great run for ND MBB but he’s way too predictable now. He will return next season w/ a roster loaded w/ experience upperclassmen & a “difference maker” transfer. ND will be among the favorites in the ACC & assumed to be a lock for the Tourney. Alas, Brey will have them underachieve b/c he refuses (or seems to) to stress defense and they will sneak into the Tourney before going one & done to a lesser foe.

After that, Brey & ND will part ways. Jack will hire the new coach w/ high expectations while everyone forgets there is zero talent on that roster beyond next season. Then when the new HC fails to immediately have them competing in the ACC, the Brey loyalists will remind everyone “You wanted Brey gone, you got your wish, deal with it” when in reality there isn’t a coach in the country who can win with their roster in 2022/2023.
              Well to be fair there can be talent on the 2022/2023 roster. Goodwine said he is coming back for 5th year. Carmody will most likely be back. Wertz and Ryan will most likely be back. So you have a core of players right there. Then if zona can develop into a big that we need then you have a solid core.

Also can’t forget with the ruling of one time transfer it will be a lot easier to get a transfer to step in right away
              Last edited by NDGOLDEN; 03-14-2021, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Hubb and Las MUST show up next year. I miss a point guard like Farrell or Hansbrough, we need guards like them to run the offense. I am curious to see what the Yale transfer can do. Since I went to Riley I will be watching Blake closely. When they hit their 3's Wertz and Ryan can be dangerous. I want to see more passion out of the program.

Comment

• https://theacc.com/news/2021/3/15/ge...sfer-rule.aspx

ACC getting rid of inter conference transfer rule

Comment

• Originally posted by NDGOLDEN View Post
                    https://theacc.com/news/2021/3/15/ge...sfer-rule.aspx

ACC getting rid of inter conference transfer rule
                    intrA - i believe this is for only transfers ACC => ACC
                    Prehistoric

Comment

• Per Noie, Djogo announces that he's entering the transfer portal. So apparently he does want to play another year.

I don't get this. His tweet made it sound as though he's "Exploring all options", so hopefully that means he would be open to staying. And yes, I'd like him to stay. I was on the fence, but after watching him actually get after a lottery pick in Scottie Barnes at FSU, we need more of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woneone View Post
                        Per Noie, Djogo announces that he's entering the transfer portal. So apparently he does want to play another year.

I don't get this. His tweet made it sound as though he's "Exploring all options", so hopefully that means he would be open to staying. And yes, I'd like him to stay. I was on the fence, but after watching him actually get after a lottery pick in Scottie Barnes at FSU, we need more of that.
                        Maybe he doesn't want to play for a new coach.

Comment

• Tre Mitchell is transferring from UMASS. We lead for him during recruitment but he got concerned with our recruitment of hunter dickinson. His 2 seasons at umass he is averaging 18 PPG 7 RPG 2 APG 1 BPG. He looks like Auguste but he can shoot from 3.

Would be a really huge pickup for brey. We will see where this goes

Comment

• What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                              Could Jaden Ivey have helped the team this year?
                              I suspect he would have made a decent difference. Saw a segment on TV last night on him and Niele. What a great kid and player. Mom handled it perfectly.

Comment

• Jaden apparently didn't want to be in mom's shadow though.
                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Didn't know where else to put this - but Jaden Ivey is an absolute stud.

Comment

• And apparently Buddy Boeheim is not human right now.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X