No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Notre Dameís Menís Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not surprising to see us collapse. Its not like it hasn't happened before. This team just crumbles when anyone who is any good makes a run at them. No on court leadership, just Hubb who is not as good as he thinks he is. Or as good as Brey thinks he is as there is just no plan B when Hubb sucks.

Comment

• I am lost for words after watching today's game. Something needs to change for ND's basketball program.

Comment

• Catching up on the board, haven't been on much since the changes.

The meltdown on Saturday was one of the lowest points, if not the lowest, in Brey's career. We finally got the sense that he is turning this team around heading into ACC Tourney time, similarly to last year, and you have a 20 point lead and blow it.

This Junior class is his highest rated recruiting class in his career (to my knowledge; at the very least I know it's way up there) and simply put he results have been extremely lackluster with a pretty talented group. Throw in the recent recruiting woes since then, I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that it's time to move on from Brey.

No doubt his tenure is greatly appreciated and he did great things for this program but since his back to back Elite 8, it's been one of the worst programs in the ACC.
        My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• On paper, I'm really excited about the prospects of this roster minus Durham plus Yale GS, Wertz, Wesley, and JR. However, I'm really not interested in Brey coaching them. Would the roster and new additions stick if we moved on to a new coach? That would be ideal but if that's not an option then it becomes how much roster TO is acceptable while moving on to a new coach? And, who is that new coach? If they went out and got a really good coach and kept it altogether, I could get really excited about next years team. Like ACC contender excited. That's how good I think that group of talent can be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
            On paper, I'm really excited about the prospects of this roster minus Durham plus Yale GS, Wertz, Wesley, and JR. However, I'm really not interested in Brey coaching them. Would the roster and new additions stick if we moved on to a new coach? That would be ideal but if that's not an option then it becomes how much roster TO is acceptable while moving on to a new coach? And, who is that new coach? If they went out and got a really good coach and kept it altogether, I could get really excited about next years team. Like ACC contender excited. That's how good I think that group of talent can be.
            I don't think Ohio State regrets moving on from Thad Matta. Notre Dame shouldn't hesitate to move on from Mike Brey. Roster turnover is temporary pain.

Comment

• The most frustrating aspect of this team is where it should be, compared to where it seems to be going.

1.) Don't get up a 17 point lead to GT
              2.) Don't give up a 17 point lead to Syracuse
              3.) Don't get beat on a last second shot vs UNC
              4.) "Maybe" close out OSU at home.

If you do those top 3 (which I believe are all Quad 1), We're probably on the right side of the bubble right now, or really close, and the feel of the season is completely different.

But, as I've mentioned multiple times, you will not be a really good team if Goodwin and Hubb are continuously leading your team in shots taken. I noticed people like Tom Noie didn't tweet out Hubbs fingerprints on the last 9 minutes like he did Duke. Looking at the play by play, I see 3 missed shots, 2 turnovers. No points or assists. Since his freshman year, I've said his shot mechanics will not allow him to be a consistent shooter. Goodwin isn't athletic enough to get his own shot. He's similar to Vasturia in that regard. The problem is that he can't play off others like Steve did.

Nate getting 7 shots (lowest among starters) against a team playing a 2-3 zone where we straight ran over them in the first half by dumping it to the paint is an absolute joke. Or, we have players that just don't understand how to play team basketball, or perhaps don't want to realize the type of players they actually are.

Comment

• I ask this question in all seriousness, is there a single team in the ACC that would trade their starting guards for ours? Probably Wake Forest (actually I'm pretty sure of it).

Other than that?

Edit: And Carlik Jones is guarding Laz. That's embarrassing. That's a player not knowing how to play at 6'10, and coaches not knowing how to teach him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woneone View Post
                  I ask this question in all seriousness, is there a single team in the ACC that would trade their starting guards for ours? Probably Wake Forest (actually I'm pretty sure of it).

Other than that?

Edit: And Carlik Jones is guarding Laz. That's embarrassing. That's a player not knowing how to play at 6'10, and coaches not knowing how to teach him.
                  In all seriousness we suck.

Next year is gonna be our oldest team ever. Will be intersting to see if brey will still be here but his contract is through 2025 so I don’t see jack getting rid of him next year I just don’t see it as much as all of us want it to happen. If he can’t get this team to be in the tourney next year then it will be a colossal disappointment

Comment

• As long as Brey is here, it's going to be wash, rinse and repeat. BBall isn't demanding like the FB program, so I don't expect a coaching change until Brey decides he's done.

Comment

• I am really happy I was busy and couldn't watch the game last night. Brey has got to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                        I am really happy I was busy and couldn't watch the game last night. Brey has got to go.
                        And he won't. And Jack won't make him, which really pisses me off. If you read the interview 247 did with Jack a few days ago there's no doubt where he's coming from. Jack is treating MBB like he would Lacrosse or Soccer; giving the coach a ton of rope. He needs to treat it more like FB.

So unless Brey pulls a Muffet and decides its over we are stuck with him. I don't see that happening. He wants to coach this year's Jrs as Srs as if he's suddenly going to make an impact.

Last night was another example of Brey's failure to match wits with opposing coaches. They put a small, quick man on Laz and his solution was...to bench Laz. JFC.

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

And he won't. And Jack won't make him, which really pisses me off. If you read the interview 247 did with Jack a few days ago there's no doubt where he's coming from. Jack is treating MBB like he would Lacrosse or Soccer; giving the coach a ton of rope. He needs to treat it more like FB.

So unless Brey pulls a Muffet and decides its over we are stuck with him. I don't see that happening. He wants to coach this year's Jrs as Srs as if he's suddenly going to make an impact.

Last night was another example of Brey's failure to match wits with opposing coaches. They put a small, quick man on Laz and his solution was...to bench Laz. JFC.
                          How many coaches has Jack fired? Baseball?

Comment

• Brey needs to go out and get more players like Hansbrough, Grant, Connaughton, Colson, Farrell. This junior class is very overrated.

Comment

• I'm out. Watching them play BC is just pathetic. We have 6 fouls to their 1. And it's legit. We are lazy on defense, and would rather shoot a transition 3 than actually force the defense to move.

Brey has lost his way. I'd love for our "media" to ask him - What is our identity? On offense? On defense? As a team? Who are we trying to be? Because we suck on defense, our offense is, at best, touch and go, and the effort some of these guys give possession to possession is abhorent.

I'm done. Turned it off.

Comment

• Absolutely atrocious display of basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X