Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Notre Dameís Menís Basketball

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2020-2021 Notre Dameís Menís Basketball

    I don't think anyone has made the thread yet?

    Anyway, here's the schedule. Lord help us.

    https://und.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

  • #2
    We better hope the transfers get their waivers or else it's definitely gonna be a long year. Even with the waivers approved, of those 7 OOC games, how does ND win more than 3?

    MSU- L
    Western- W
    Tennessee- W/L
    OSU- L
    Kentucky- L
    Purdue- W/L
    Howard- W/L

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
      We better hope the transfers get their waivers or else it's definitely gonna be a long year. Even with the waivers approved, of those 7 OOC games, how does ND win more than 3?

      MSU- L
      Western- W
      Tennessee- W/L
      OSU- L
      Kentucky- L
      Purdue- W/L
      Howard- W/L
      Western and Howard? *are they not on the schedule?* are the only two wins I see happening :(

      With Taylor and Robby already out, I've got a bad feeling...Unless the 3 game steps up this year and we have some really, really hot games.
      Last edited by FightingIrishLover7; 11-11-2020, 09:16 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
        Western and Howard? *are they not on the schedule?* are the only two wins I see happening :(

        With Taylor and Robby already out, I've got a bad feeling...Unless the 3 game steps up this year and we have some really, really hot games.
        Howard should be a gimme but I think ND might be that bad this year. They have one of the top freshman in Makur Maker at Center, which teams with a dominant center always give ND headaches. Also got a transfer from Purdue at PG who was a top 100 recruit. They were brutal last year but should make substantial improvements with those two additions.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
          Howard should be a gimme but I think ND might be that bad this year. They have one of the top freshman in Makur Maker at Center, which teams with a dominant center always give ND headaches. Also got a transfer from Purdue at PG who was a top 100 recruit. They were brutal last year but should make substantial improvements with those two additions.
          Missed Howard in middle of ACC play...

          But yes, it's going to be a tough year and NDs rebounding has to be my biggest concern.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
            Missed Howard in middle of ACC play...

            But yes, it's going to be a tough year and NDs rebounding has to be my biggest concern.
            If Wertz is approved, I don't think a starting 5 of Hubb, Wertz, Goodwin, Nate, and Durham is that bad actually. In fact, it might be the top half of the ACC. But there is absolutely zero depth behind it. Cormac as the 6th man. Djogo next? Sanders and Zona are going to get thrown into the fire early. And what if Wertz isn't approved? Yikes.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
              We better hope the transfers get their waivers or else it's definitely gonna be a long year. Even with the waivers approved, of those 7 OOC games, how does ND win more than 3?

              MSU- L
              Western- W
              Tennessee- W/L
              OSU- L
              Kentucky- L
              Purdue- W/L
              Howard- W/L
              What "transfers" are you referring to? The only one I know about is Wertz. Ryan is eligible, he sat out last year.

              Unless there's a new big man coming in we're in deep do do inside. Wertz minght help at the wing, but I'd rather have a healthy Carmody.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                We better hope the transfers get their waivers or else it's definitely gonna be a long year. Even with the waivers approved, of those 7 OOC games, how does ND win more than 3?

                MSU- L
                Western- W
                Tennessee- W/L
                OSU- L
                Kentucky- L
                Purdue- W/L
                Howard- W/L
                Well, I guess I'd rather play these teams early. I don't know much about Purdue, but Tennessee is the best team in that group, and even they are going to be integrating young talent into their roster. MSU, OSU, Kentucky, Purdue, and Tennessee are all going to be raw and integrating new players.

                Hopefully having an older team helps us get a few of these. If we get two (more than likely OSU and Purdue), I'd be happy. I also wouldn't be surprised if we keep MSU really close.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Is Brey's seat at the very least warm? I feel like he had his chance for Notre Dame to take "the next step" as a program after the Grant/Connaughton/Jackson teams and has fallen flat on his face. Recruiting isn't where it needs to be to compete with the top of the ACC either.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                    Is Brey's seat at the very least warm? I feel like he had his chance for Notre Dame to take "the next step" as a program after the Grant/Connaughton/Jackson teams and has fallen flat on his face. Recruiting isn't where it needs to be to compete with the top of the ACC either.
                    Agree.........I think Brey's time is done. Wouldn't be surprised if he steps down (voluntarily or encouraged to) after this year.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                      Is Brey's seat at the very least warm? I feel like he had his chance for Notre Dame to take "the next step" as a program after the Grant/Connaughton/Jackson teams and has fallen flat on his face. Recruiting isn't where it needs to be to compete with the top of the ACC either.
                      Really, really don't see anything happening this year given Covid/schedule/etc.

                      Next year will be the real test. Should be a very good team once all the transfers are good to go, plus some vets. If he doesn't pull off next year I could see him retiring. He's always had a TV persona, could see him doing that (assuming he has interest).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                        Really, really don't see anything happening this year given Covid/schedule/etc.

                        Next year will be the real test. Should be a very good team once all the transfers are good to go, plus some vets. If he doesn't pull off next year I could see him retiring. He's always had a TV persona, could see him doing that (assuming he has interest).
                        I agree with this. I think he gets a pass this year. Next year we will have 4 seniors on starting lineup. You have to win with that kind of lineup. If that dosent happen then I think itís time.

                        I love brey and always have. The past couple years he has had trouble it seems to grow his players. Seems like we are just stuck. Recruiting isnít going so well either.

                        Idk who we would be able to get or who we would even be able to go after

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I go into every year hoping that this team can be great but this year and with the schedule idk if we will win 15 this year. It’s gonna suck

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Brey has this year and next and then I think he moves on from coaching. His best recruiting class ever are juniors right now. They've largely underperformed but that's nothing new. He will only lose Durham and Djogo after this year. If the juniors take that growth step and he can get a couple of grad transfers, Brey might have one last hurrah.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I almost feel bad for Pitt, then I remember who their coach is.

                              And I smile.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X