Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden Presidency

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
    Looks like Democrats have prioritized illegal immigrants over public safety. Something to remember when they mutter public safety when defending crap bills like HR 127.
    There is some chatter down here about public safety. We just had a state officer shot and killed and another wounded after a traffic stop. They conducted the traffic stop as part of a DHS drug investigation that was as wide as NM/West Texas and Mexico. This was a day after a car was pulled over linked to the same investigation that ended with the car dragging a police officer. I know its not Bidens fault, its typical borderland stuff that pops off once in awhile. But its got the locals pointing fingers indiscreetly. But it has been a reminder how important border security is and has been for the borderland areas.

    Comment


    • About 1 1/2 - 2 years ago, there was an illegal immigrant here in Indy that was driving drunk on the highway. IIRC he was going the wrong way. Regardless, he slammed into a car that was on the shoulder because of a flat tire. Killed one good samaritan who happened to stop to assist the driver with a flat. Found out the dude had been arrested for DUI several times before.

      Look at the bright side. By ignoring these crimes the stats will look better.

      Comment


      • Without making judgements on specific instances, we need to eliminate withholding federal funding for states who will not reveal immigration status of anyone jailed, encourage civilian reporting of crimes regardless of their immigration status while focusing on those drug and violent crimes with limited resources. Since the "national emergency", border patrol agents were shifted from BP checkpoints at Interstates and major highways.

        The episode in southern NM is very tragic. Drugs. A felon. I don't see that he was an illegal immigrant.

        https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/new...ry/4421179001/

        https://kvia.com/news/crime/2021/02/...-nmsp-officer/

        Hopefully this will lead to more arrests of the dangerous Americans who facilitate the drug trade in border states.

        Comment


        • My best friend did the exact same thing. Had 3 DUIs prior and driving under suspended license. Killed a guy changing his tire at 3am. He wasnt an illegal immigrant. What does being illegal immigrant matter in this scenario. Im really interested.

          My friend was given every effort to change his behavior multiple times,... rehab, multiple reduced sentences or no sentence at all if entered into rehab. We did multiple interventions, then he disappeared for three months and found him in the papers after killing a person with his car.
          Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 02-09-2021, 12:12 PM.
          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Legacy View Post
            Without making judgements on specific instances, we need to eliminate withholding federal funding for states who will not reveal immigration status of anyone jailed, encourage civilian reporting of crimes regardless of their immigration status while focusing on those drug and violent crimes with limited resources. Since the "national emergency", border patrol agents were shifted from BP checkpoints at Interstates and major highways.

            The episode in southern NM is very tragic. Drugs. A felon. I don't see that he was an illegal immigrant.

            https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/new...ry/4421179001/

            https://kvia.com/news/crime/2021/02/...-nmsp-officer/

            Hopefully this will lead to more arrests of the dangerous Americans who facilitate the drug trade in border states.
            I am not saying he was or was not, I am just saying it was Transnational Homeland Securty investigation in regard to border security.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
              My best friend did the exact same thing. Had 3 DUIs prior and driving under suspended license. Killed a guy changing his tire at 3am. He wasnt an illegal immigrant. What does being illegal immigrant matter in this scenario. Im really interested.
              Did a really quick search on papers/studies that looked at the correlation between crime rates of illegal immigrants and native-born citizens (people born in the US). Of course big disclaimer that the studies are like the first three I saw so it's not meant to be "aha! Got ya!".

              From these studies it seems like the answer is somewhere between illegal immigrants have lower crime rates than native-born American's, and that its tough to get solid data one way or the other. It is interesting to see many so sure that illegals drive crime, would like to see the papers/studies that support that logic.

              Anecdotal evidence is fine for personal experiences, can be dangerous for painting broad strokes.

              https://www.pnas.org/content/117/51/32340
              https://www.cato.org/blog/new-resear...ration-crime-0
              https://www.cato.org/blog/illegal-im...ssing-evidence

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
                Did a really quick search on papers/studies that looked at the correlation between crime rates of illegal immigrants and native-born citizens (people born in the US). Of course big disclaimer that the studies are like the first three I saw so it's not meant to be "aha! Got ya!".

                From these studies it seems like the answer is somewhere between illegal immigrants have lower crime rates than native-born American's, and that its tough to get solid data one way or the other. It is interesting to see many so sure that illegals drive crime, would like to see the papers/studies that support that logic.

                Anecdotal evidence is fine for personal experiences, can be dangerous for painting broad strokes.

                https://www.pnas.org/content/117/51/32340
                https://www.cato.org/blog/new-resear...ration-crime-0
                https://www.cato.org/blog/illegal-im...ssing-evidence
                Their response is always that any crime is unnecessary and unjustifiable.

                Which then gets us back to the fact that 85% of illegal immigrants have been here for more than a decade and cannot be removed without causing significant upheaval to communities across the country, including the well-being of the millions of American citizens who have illegal immigrant parents.

                And then we repeat this in six months.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
                  Did a really quick search on papers/studies that looked at the correlation between crime rates of illegal immigrants and native-born citizens (people born in the US). Of course big disclaimer that the studies are like the first three I saw so it's not meant to be "aha! Got ya!".

                  From these studies it seems like the answer is somewhere between illegal immigrants have lower crime rates than native-born American's, and that its tough to get solid data one way or the other. It is interesting to see many so sure that illegals drive crime, would like to see the papers/studies that support that logic.

                  Anecdotal evidence is fine for personal experiences, can be dangerous for painting broad strokes.

                  https://www.pnas.org/content/117/51/32340
                  https://www.cato.org/blog/new-resear...ration-crime-0
                  https://www.cato.org/blog/illegal-im...ssing-evidence
                  Yeah thats my understanding to. Immigrants do a lot of things at much lower rates than normal citizens including receiving welfare but this doesn't stop the debunked canards from being lobbed out all the time anyway.

                  My overall point is the status of the person committing the crime is irrelevant. It has no bearing on the crime committed or the victims except on how they are handled in the CJ system after the fact.
                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post
                    Their response is always that any crime is unnecessary and unjustifiable.

                    Which then gets us back to the fact that 85% of illegal immigrants have been here for more than a decade and cannot be removed without causing significant upheaval to communities across the country, including the well-being of the millions of American citizens who have illegal immigrant parents.

                    And then we repeat this in six months.
                    Or when the next caravan gets moving.
                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post
                      Their response is always that any crime is unnecessary and unjustifiable.

                      Which then gets us back to the fact that 85% of illegal immigrants have been here for more than a decade and cannot be removed without causing significant upheaval to communities across the country, including the well-being of the millions of American citizens who have illegal immigrant parents.

                      And then we repeat this in six months.
                      Anyone who thinks deportation of all illegals is the answer is just grandstanding - really just promoting the status quo. Even the fear mongers are catering a bit to status quo - they want millions living in fear of deportation.

                      Bringing these populations out of the shadows is more important for real public safety than deporting the handful of rapists and derelicts.

                      How freaking hard is it to document everyone and let them stay without granting citizenship willy nilly?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post
                        Their response is always that any crime is unnecessary and unjustifiable.

                        Which then gets us back to the fact that 85% of illegal immigrants have been here for more than a decade and cannot be removed without causing significant upheaval to communities across the country, including the well-being of the millions of American citizens who have illegal immigrant parents.

                        And then we repeat this in six months.
                        Yeah, the "one life is too many" card is selectively played.

                        I just want to know how the rational behind the thought "immigrants cause crime", trying to give them the benefit of the doubt instead of just "Brown people are bad, they commit crime".

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                          Anyone who thinks deportation of all illegals is the answer is just grandstanding - really just promoting the status quo. Even the fear mongers are catering a bit to status quo - they want millions living in fear of deportation.

                          Bringing these populations out of the shadows is more important for real public safety than deporting the handful of rapists and derelicts.

                          How freaking hard is it to document everyone and let them stay without granting citizenship willy nilly?
                          Cant rep would rep
                          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                            My best friend did the exact same thing. Had 3 DUIs prior and driving under suspended license. Killed a guy changing his tire at 3am. He wasnt an illegal immigrant. What does being illegal immigrant matter in this scenario. Im really interested.

                            My friend was given every effort to change his behavior multiple times,... rehab, multiple reduced sentences or no sentence at all if entered into rehab. We did multiple interventions, then he disappeared for three months and found him in the papers after killing a person with his car.
                            Quite simple. If he wasn't here illegally, this probably doesn't happen. Now you can say if he was here legally it could still happen, which is possible. However, that's not the case and if he would have been deported when he was found to be here illegally the odds of this happening are extremely low.

                            Sorry to hear about your friend. Had to be extremely hard on his family.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
                              Did a really quick search on papers/studies that looked at the correlation between crime rates of illegal immigrants and native-born citizens (people born in the US). Of course big disclaimer that the studies are like the first three I saw so it's not meant to be "aha! Got ya!".

                              From these studies it seems like the answer is somewhere between illegal immigrants have lower crime rates than native-born American's, and that its tough to get solid data one way or the other. It is interesting to see many so sure that illegals drive crime, would like to see the papers/studies that support that logic.

                              Anecdotal evidence is fine for personal experiences, can be dangerous for painting broad strokes.

                              https://www.pnas.org/content/117/51/32340
                              https://www.cato.org/blog/new-resear...ration-crime-0
                              https://www.cato.org/blog/illegal-im...ssing-evidence
                              Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post
                              Their response is always that any crime is unnecessary and unjustifiable.

                              Which then gets us back to the fact that 85% of illegal immigrants have been here for more than a decade and cannot be removed without causing significant upheaval to communities across the country, including the well-being of the millions of American citizens who have illegal immigrant parents.

                              And then we repeat this in six months.
                              Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                              Yeah thats my understanding to. Immigrants do a lot of things at much lower rates than normal citizens including receiving welfare but this doesn't stop the debunked canards from being lobbed out all the time anyway.

                              My overall point is the status of the person committing the crime is irrelevant. It has no bearing on the crime committed or the victims except on how they are handled in the CJ system after the fact.
                              Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
                              Yeah, the "one life is too many" card is selectively played.

                              I just want to know how the rational behind the thought "immigrants cause crime", trying to give them the benefit of the doubt instead of just "Brown people are bad, they commit crime".
                              Okay, whomever said illegals create crime at a greater rate raise their hand! Bueller? Bueller? I certainly didn't and if that's what you read into my comment, shame on you. Without even researching, I would assume that illegals crime rates/statistics are lower than a U.S citizen. Being here illegally they don't want any attention so they are on their best behavior. My point about my post was that if that dude hadn't been here illegally, the life of a man isn't taken. And you can search this entire site and you will never find a post where I advocate for sending all illegals home.
                              Last edited by Irish#1; 02-09-2021, 01:56 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                Cant rep would rep
                                Done

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X