Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish#1
    replied
    Politics thread. Trumps time as the whipping boy are over.

Leave a comment:

• Polish Leppy 22
    replied
    Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
    [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1362596572320595968[/TWITTER]

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/themaxburns/status/1362556704425205764[/TWITTER]

ETA- just copy and past the http address between brackets. :)
    -CACKALACKY
    Not sure why this is in the Trump thread? What Cruz did is a bad look, but has nothing to do with Trump.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1362596572320595968[/TWITTER]

-CACKALACKY
    Lol this is all very cringe

"One party works for you. The other works for themselves." Beyond corny.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied

-CACKALACKY
    Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 02-19-2021, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1359241351188123650[/TWITTER]

lol going well then
    Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 02-19-2021, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RDU Irish
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
    Whether he died at their hands or from a health issue, doesn't really change their behavior. We all saw the videos of what some of those people were doing. It wasn't acceptable. I think a lot of them were basically "tourists" and shouldn't have their lives ruined, but there were some objectively bad people doing bad things.

Attacking police is unacceptable and whether they killed him or not is not important to me
    Did anyone die during the Kavanaugh hearings? I mean by the same standards. Some cop have a stroke in Minneapolis or Kenosha or Portland who was anywhere near the riots? Some are counting the cop suicides as capitol riot deaths too. Choking on a donut is not dying on the job in the same sense as the POs in New Mexico this week.

Bad people doing bad things was not just enabled but celebrated for years (going back to Kavanaugh, Ferguson and more). You let kids fight in the halls and you don't get to be apoplectic when they eventually bring it in the classroom.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
    But what if it was a health issue and not blunt force trauma the media and Dems are pot committed on? He has been the poster child for painting Republicans as dangerous fascists who need to be labeled a domestic terrorist group. The lie won't matter b/c it will be a footnote just like "hands up don't shoot" was proven false but still a fact in the mind of so many dipshits today. Truth and science my ass.
    Whether he died at their hands or from a health issue, doesn't really change their behavior. We all saw the videos of what some of those people were doing. It wasn't acceptable. I think a lot of them were basically "tourists" and shouldn't have their lives ruined, but there were some objectively bad people doing bad things.

Attacking police is unacceptable and whether they killed him or not is not important to me

Leave a comment:

• RDU Irish
    replied
    Fairly young guy. Looks like he isn't in bad shape from the picture. Tragic that he is dead under any circumstance. I'm sure we'll get more info there in good time
    But what if it was a health issue and not blunt force trauma the media and Dems are pot committed on? He has been the poster child for painting Republicans as dangerous fascists who need to be labeled a domestic terrorist group. The lie won't matter b/c it will be a footnote just like "hands up don't shoot" was proven false but still a fact in the mind of so many dipshits today. Truth and science my ass.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    are ya trying to tell us Antifa (literally Anti Fascist) = Fascist ?
    Are you going to tell us that the East Germans were a Democratic Republic because they literally had it in their name?

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    https://kslnewsradio.com/1942593/inv...ian-sicknick/?

Serious question - what happened to this guy? Anyone here still think he was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher as our trusty media immediately insisted?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/u...ng-attack.html

Anyone care to admit that 2/5 (possibly 3/5 pending Sicknick autopsy) deaths coming from heart attack/stroke could be construed as padding your stats a bit? Only GSW I have seen reported is Babbitt - pretty slow day by Chicagoland standards.
    Fairly young guy. Looks like he isn't in bad shape from the picture. Tragic that he is dead under any circumstance. I'm sure we'll get more info there in good time

Leave a comment:

• RDU Irish
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
    I'm still pissed off about January 6th. Seems like everyone just forgot.

A cop got killed. I was still sort of moved by the Blue Lives Matter thing, or was that just bullshit?
    https://kslnewsradio.com/1942593/inv...ian-sicknick/?

Serious question - what happened to this guy? Anyone here still think he was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher as our trusty media immediately insisted?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/u...ng-attack.html

Anyone care to admit that 2/5 (possibly 3/5 pending Sicknick autopsy) deaths coming from heart attack/stroke could be construed as padding your stats a bit? Only GSW I have seen reported is Babbitt - pretty slow day by Chicagoland standards.

Leave a comment:

• drayer54
    replied

No! These people are the modern equivalent of the brave men storming Normandy to defeat fascism. Forceful suppression of opposing views and violent riots is totally normal- to some.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    Originally posted by drayer54 View Post

Casual reminder that people like GoIrish41 and the people shouting here are so clueless that they actually think they defeated fascism.

This was America before the election in case Trump won. How far must one shove their head up their own ass to think they just defeated or avoided fascism?

Leave a comment:

• drayer54
    replied
    Lol "fascism"

Casual reminder that people like GoIrish41 and the people shouting here are so clueless that they actually think they defeated fascism.

This was America before the election in case Trump won. How far must one shove their head up their own ass to think they just defeated or avoided fascism?

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Originally posted by GoIrish41 View Post
    values any more than a pro life voter saying the DNC's core value is killing babies.

The 74 million who voted for Trump, in my opinion, didn't vote for fascism.“

They did vote for fascism ... they are just too clueless to realize it.
    Lol "fascism"

Leave a comment:

• Rogue219
    replied
    I'm still pissed off about January 6th. Seems like everyone just forgot.

A cop got killed. I was still sort of moved by the Blue Lives Matter thing, or was that just bullshit?

Leave a comment:

• GoIrish41
    replied
    values any more than a pro life voter saying the DNC's core value is killing babies.

The 74 million who voted for Trump, in my opinion, didn't vote for fascism.“

They did vote for fascism ... they are just too clueless to realize it.
    Last edited by GoIrish41; 02-09-2021, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
    Haha that's funny. You're entitled to your opinion, but you don't get to brand the GOP's core values any more than a pro life voter saying the DNC's core value is killing babies.

The 74 million who voted for Trump, in my opinion, didn't vote for fascism.
    Very on brand for the GOP these days it seems

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Utah Senator Mike Lee: Every president should be allowed at least one failed coup attempt. <br><br>No, really. That&#39;s what he&#39;s saying. <a href="https://t.co/3rOj51RXxt">https://t.co/3rOj51RXxt</a></p>&mdash; Eric Garland (@ericgarland) <a href="https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/1359142600310194178?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 9, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• Polish Leppy 22
    replied
    Put mayo on a chicken sandwich like an adult and we can talk. Until then... you are white noise ;)
    Mayo? You nasty.

Leave a comment:

• Polish Leppy 22
    replied
    not sure you can call removing Fascism from a party's core values "regrouping"
    Haha that's funny. You're entitled to your opinion, but you don't get to brand the GOP's core values any more than a pro life voter saying the DNC's core value is killing babies.

The 74 million who voted for Trump, in my opinion, didn't vote for fascism.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
    Death to you, you commie pinko pervert goatophile.
    Put mayo on a chicken sandwich like an adult and we can talk. Until then... you are white noise ;)

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    I enjoyed my time down south. But will never fully understand the weird fascination with the chicken Sammie at CFA and Popeyes. I liked the nuggets and popcorn chicken/shrimp a lot more. CFA had great breakfast...but I'd be happier with a McChicken than the CFA/Popeye sandwich(ducks to avoid heavy objects thrown)
    Death to you, you commie pinko pervert goatophile.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Originally posted by GoIrish41 View Post
    In fairness, those sammies are the bomb and I wish there was a Popeye’s near my house.
    I enjoyed my time down south. But will never fully understand the weird fascination with the chicken Sammie at CFA and Popeyes. I liked the nuggets and popcorn chicken/shrimp a lot more. CFA had great breakfast...but I'd be happier with a McChicken than the CFA/Popeye sandwich(ducks to avoid heavy objects thrown)

Leave a comment:

• GoIrish41
    replied
    Originally posted by Blazers46 View Post
    Best chicken sandwich Food-stamps can buy.

It’s no secret the Pop-Eyes chicken sandwich has sort of become the official sandwich of the inner-city just like the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks has become the official drink of the suburbs.
    In fairness, those sammies are the bomb and I wish there was a Popeye’s near my house.

Leave a comment:

• Blazers46
    replied
    Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
    I think that's fine because they're giving exposure to black owned businesses. No different than them promoting Popeyes. Also, you're not forcing every person to support a black owned restaurant, whereas in Blazers situation you're forcing a black person into an awkward spot.
    Originally posted by Redbar View Post
    Popeye’s isn’t black owned. Maybe I am missing your point.
    Best chicken sandwich Food-stamps can buy.

It’s no secret the Pop-Eyes chicken sandwich has sort of become the official sandwich of the inner-city just like the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks has become the official drink of the suburbs.

Leave a comment:

• Redbar
    replied
    Just a poor example on my part. Meant it as "nobody bats an eye when a paid promo for Popeyes goes up".
    Ahhh! I see. Figured I was missing something , and I was.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Everyone! Stay inside! Except! If you want to come to one of my high roller events! It is jokes though, a lot of people rightfully lose their minds if Gavin Newsome breaks quarantine. Trump holds huge rallies? Uhhhh media bad?

lol Elon Musk has desecrated one of my former fave artists. That guy is such a chump.
    I'm pretty sure his recent about-face was related to a potential recall.

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluto View Post
    That’s Marin/San Francisco “liberals” along with Pelosi and Feinstein in a nutshell. “We support labor! Unless it’s inconvenient!” See the vote on Prop 22. They’re all just dickhead neoliberals who want to be able to smoke pot, take mescaline, drink organic cocktails with Elon Musk (he’s a fucking class a prick) and wear designer fashion...lol.
    Everyone! Stay inside! Except! If you want to come to one of my high roller events! It is jokes though, a lot of people rightfully lose their minds if Gavin Newsome breaks quarantine. Trump holds huge rallies? Uhhhh media bad?

lol Elon Musk has desecrated one of my former fave artists. That guy is such a chump.

Leave a comment:

• Blazers46
    replied
    Sure, but a private organization should be allowed to promote whatever business that uses their platform however they see fit. Seems anti-capitalist to regulate their promotional choices.
    For sure.

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied
    Originally posted by Redbar View Post
    Just a poor example on my part. Meant it as "nobody bats an eye when a paid promo for Popeyes goes up".

Leave a comment:

• Redbar
    replied
    I think that's fine because they're giving exposure to black owned businesses. No different than them promoting Popeyes. Also, you're not forcing every person to support a black owned restaurant, whereas in Blazers situation you're forcing a black person into an awkward spot.
    Last edited by Redbar; 02-08-2021, 09:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bluto
    replied
    Yeahhhh that seems really weird and an awkward thing to do. I can't imagine anyone would like that.

One of the overreaches of faux progressivism through tokenism. Cringey af too.
    That’s Marin/San Francisco “liberals” along with Pelosi and Feinstein in a nutshell. “We support labor! Unless it’s inconvenient!” See the vote on Prop 22. They’re all just dickhead neoliberals who want to be able to smoke pot, take mescaline, drink organic cocktails with Elon Musk (he’s a fucking class a prick) and wear designer fashion...lol.

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied
    I agree to a point. I am a capitalist and I think the product or what you have to offer should speak for itself. But maybe thats my privilege talking.
    Sure, but a private organization should be allowed to promote whatever business that uses their platform however they see fit. Seems anti-capitalist to regulate their promotional choices.

Leave a comment:

• Blazers46
    replied
    Yeah I dont recall the specifics. Certainly wasn't as bad as offering free classes to one group.

We had an awkward deal with school along those lines. Law Review is supposed to be a really prestigious thing. Top 10% of the this competition thing we do. You submit your writing without a name. Really the school has no way of being biased against anyone.

One of the black kids wrote a letter to the school complaining that there wasn't any black students who placed in the top 10%. We got like 5 in the entire class out of like 350 so the fact none of them got on wasn't surprising. Posted it in our class Facebook group to brag that he was standing up to the school's injustice or something like that. School backed down and let a few of the black students in.

Now you got some black kids there...but everyone knows why they are there. It looks good on their resume, but now everyone knows you are literally a token.

Perhaps I should have written a letter than both the Great Plains, the Catholics, and Republicans are underrepresented...probably could have gotten on as well.
    Sort of along those same lines. Our city council talked about city and state grant fuding for businesses. Keep in mind 65% of our population is hispanic down here. They talked about adding the question to prioritize funding for "historically oppressed" populations. One of the Counsil members that introduced this part that was eventually adopted literally said "giving relief to a person with a historically oppressive background seems like a bad use of money". When the grant rolled out online it asked if ownership was part of a historically oppressed group, which included women so we were able to check "yes" as my wife is part owner fortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Blazers46
    replied
    I agree to a point. I am a capitalist and I think the product or what you have to offer should speak for itself. But maybe thats my privilege talking.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Yeah I dont recall the specifics. Certainly wasn't as bad as offering free classes to one group.

We had an awkward deal with school along those lines. Law Review is supposed to be a really prestigious thing. Top 10% of the this competition thing we do. You submit your writing without a name. Really the school has no way of being biased against anyone.

One of the black kids wrote a letter to the school complaining that there wasn't any black students who placed in the top 10%. We got like 5 in the entire class out of like 350 so the fact none of them got on wasn't surprising. Posted it in our class Facebook group to brag that he was standing up to the school's injustice or something like that. School backed down and let a few of the black students in.

Now you got some black kids there...but everyone knows why they are there. It looks good on their resume, but now everyone knows you are literally a token.

Perhaps I should have written a letter than both the Great Plains, the Catholics, and Republicans are underrepresented...probably could have gotten on as well.

Leave a comment:

• Blazers46
    replied
    I believe earlier in Pandemic times Ubereats was promoting black-owned restaurants. Seemed odd to me, I dont recall the specifics. We don't have uber here in my slice of heaven so I never looked into it.
    Oddly during the pandemic and during the unrest in the streets we were called more than a few times just asking if the ownership was minority owned. It scared me to answer with a no.

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied
    I believe earlier in Pandemic times Ubereats was promoting black-owned restaurants. Seemed odd to me, I dont recall the specifics. We don't have uber here in my slice of heaven so I never looked into it.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Yeahhhh that seems really weird and an awkward thing to do. I can't imagine anyone would like that.

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied
    We were talking on the phone talking about business strategy for this month. I randomly brought up a Yoga Business giving "black Yogis" free Yoga for the Month in our town. He said I should do something similar and give black people a discount. I told him I thought that seemed awkward because I thought it sent a weird message. I told him I thought it would be awkward being that one or few black persons in yoga and having that thought everyone was looking at me like I just got a hand out because I was black. HE then went on this long lecture about how they have been losing for so long they deserve free Yoga and discounts. I thought it was weird, he thought I was being racist.

Leave a comment:

• Blazers46
    replied
    How come?
    We were talking on the phone talking about business strategy for this month. I randomly brought up a Yoga Business giving "black Yogis" free Yoga for the Month in our town. He said I should do something similar and give black people a discount. I told him I thought that seemed awkward because I thought it sent a weird message. I told him I thought it would be awkward being that one or few black persons in yoga and having that thought everyone was looking at me like I just got a hand out because I was black. HE then went on this long lecture about how they have been losing for so long they deserve free Yoga and discounts. I thought it was weird, he thought I was being racist.

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied
    My brother and I used to be best friends. He married a black women and he became very liberal. He called me a "fringe racist" the other day. Ouch!!
    How come?

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    This isn't really anyone calling her a QAnon supporter unfoundedly. I don't think anyone is calling Liz Cheney/Adam Kinzinger/Ben Sasse Q supporters. Hell, I don't even think Gym Jordan is a Q guy.

It's a lot easier to say "Ya that person is bad, wish they didn't believe in bad stuff".
    Gym Jordan won nattys. Ain't no Q in that man

Leave a comment:

• Blazers46
    replied
    While not directly on point, I've had classmates disappointed to find out I'm a republican because it undermines stereotypes they've adopted.

Not a new phenomenon for people to try to "other-ize" enemies. Certainly one of the more bizarre and extreme examples lately though.
    My brother and I used to be best friends. He married a black women and he became very liberal. He called me a "fringe racist" the other day. Ouch!!

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied
    I read it as her hoping that the FBI was investigating deep state efforts to undermine Trump. Regardless, RDU was right.
    This isn't really anyone calling her a QAnon supporter unfoundedly. I don't think anyone is calling Liz Cheney/Adam Kinzinger/Ben Sasse Q supporters. Hell, I don't even think Gym Jordan is a Q guy.

It's a lot easier to say "Ya that person is bad, wish they didn't believe in bad stuff".

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Think this is important. A sad world in which one side hopes the other is cabal of child predators/
    While not directly on point, I've had classmates disappointed to find out I'm a republican because it undermines stereotypes they've adopted.

Not a new phenomenon for people to try to "other-ize" enemies. Certainly one of the more bizarre and extreme examples lately though.

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied
    I read it as her hoping that the FBI was investigating deep state efforts to undermine Trump. Regardless, RDU was right.
    You know how I know you arent serious? Because you claim to know nothing, then ignore any info given to you and then agree with a single off the cuff statement by RDU with no substance. lol

Leave a comment:

• drayer54
    replied
    Think this is important. A sad world in which one side hopes the other is cabal of child predators/

Q stuff is so low T. Dems roll their eyes and brush off their morons all the time yet somehow paint Q on anyone to the right of Joe Manchin.

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied
    You are wasting your time as am I. He has no intention of understanding or accepting the info presented him. That or he is trolling.

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied
    Boebert told Axios she does not follow QAnon but is "glad the IG and the AG are investigating deep state activities that undermine the President."

Sounds like a real wing-nut. Whatever. I actually just looked it up and found out I donated to her campaign. Does that make me Q?

Boebert, a first-time candidate who defeated five-term GOP incumbent Rep. Scott Tipton in the state's June primary, has expressed support for the baseless QAnon conspiracy theory, saying in May she hopes it "is real."

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X