Trump Presidency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
    I LOVE Ruthless. It's the best pod out there IMHO.

Pod theater was excellent too.
    They do a good job keeping it light and keeping it fun, but also have some good takes and guests. Commentary podcast is a bit more high brow but also excellent.
    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• The GOP is officially done and canít be taken seriously anymore

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1358175372047712257?s=21
      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
        The GOP is officially done and canít be taken seriously anymore

Relax, my friend. American politics is replete with instances of what seems like the ultimate example of someone going too far over the line, only to find that after a bit of time it fades from importance and effect, and is replaced by something even more outrageous. Regardless of what nonsense and bad behavior our elected officials engage in, both parties will, unfortunately, continue to have members elected to Congress and the White House.
        Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

The GOP is officially done and can’t be taken seriously anymore

Lol. I'm not pleased with what several of the state GOP parties are doing but this is pretty over the top, even for you.

That said, the typical GOP'ers at the state and local level who are reliable Red voters need to make an effort to make their voices heard. There is no benefit in letting inmates run the asylum.

That reminds me, I probably ought to make sure the ND folks are behaving. I havent heard anything but we got a few loons just like anywhere else.
          Last edited by NorthDakota; 02-06-2021, 06:20 PM.
          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
            Lol. I'm not pleased with what several of the state GOP parties are doing but this is pretty over the top, even for you.

That said, the typical GOP'ers at the state and local level who are reliable Red voters need to make an effort to make their voices heard. There is no benefit in letting inmates run the asylum.

That reminds me, I probably ought to make sure the ND folks are behaving. I havent heard anything but we got a few loons just like anywhere else.
            The GOP has placed itself in a double bind. On one hand they have embraced a hardline ultra nationalist position on everything while at the same time pumping classical liberal economic theory and libertarianism. Those two things are diametrically opposed.

Itís the same playbook they clung to in a number of States that now solidly favor the Democratic Party.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

Whatís over the top? They have clearly departed from anything resembling even Bush era republicanism and are definitely no where near Reagan. They have now publicly embraced the fascist, anti intellectual, and extremist part of their party while punishing the old guard for stepping out of line. The moderates are fleeing. I asked a few weeks earlier what the party was going to do and itís clear what path they are forging ahead on.

Comment

Whatís over the top? They have clearly departed from anything resembling even Bush era republicanism and are definitely no where near Reagan. They have now publicly embraced the fascist, anti intellectual, and extremist part of their party while punishing the old guard for stepping out of line. The moderates are fleeing. I asked a few weeks earlier what the party was going to do and itís clear what path they are forging ahead on.
                That's like me claiming that objectively shithole districts in Minneapolis, the Bronx, and Detroit show the Democrat party is a broken and antisemitic entity.

If your idea of the GOP is what f'ing WYOMING is thinking then you need to own goofy shit coming out of the extreme lib areas. I get it... you want to think you and others are bravely standing against fascism or whatever. You aren't. You are consistently overdramatic.

People in some state GOP positions are looney. In 2018, some dumb polls said 2/3 of Dems believed Russia changed votes on behalf of the Don. No serious person believed that. I dont recall you posting that Dems weren't a serious party then.

I get that you want to think you are taking a stand against fascism or whatever. Wyoming's GOP going nuts is small potatoes. If you were a serious person you'd have pointed at Arizona... but you didn't.

GOP has some work to do, no doubt. That's not debatable. But using WYOMING as your big evidence is weak at best.
                Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Putting the Wyoming thing aside, saying the GOP is done is like saying ND's season is over if they lose the first game of the year.

DNC had to re-group after 2016, GOP needs to do the same before the next midterm cycle. A lot can change quickly in politics.
                  The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

Cack you should tell Van Wilder and H&R Block's coffee boy about Arizona and South Carolina GOP, will be a shock for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
                      Cack you should tell Van Wilder and H&R Block's coffee boy about Arizona and South Carolina GOP, will be a shock for them.
                      So you are calling people names now?

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                        So you are calling people names now?
                        NoDak can handle it, and Leppy has plenty of good ones for me anyways.

Comment

NoDak can handle it, and Leppy has plenty of good ones for me anyways.
                          I'd prefer a discussion about issues rather than name calling.

Comment

Yeah. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that they have not read any of my other posts since November. That’s being quite kind but trying to retort on one post as if it’s the WHOLE argument is funny and typical.

I’m guessing the large number of GOP reps standing with MGT,the complicity of the GOP in whole in the BIG LIE and ultimately the insurrection and protection of Trump and his cronies, a Senate who won’t convict Trump, amongst all the other evidence means I’m being over dramatic about all of it. Lol. Again I guess I have to post all evidence in every post every time I post one thing. It’s like my one post is the totality of the point when in reality I’m just posting evidence after evidence after evidence in multiple posts meant to underline the Multiple lines of evidence available for consumption and understanding. Lol.

You see in science and I’m a big fan of science there is a concept called converging lines of evidence. As far as truth goes when independent lines of evidence converge on a single result, that lends great credence to the result being able to be considered true. That is what is happening here. I get it some people here may not understand this concept which is why they think my single post about Wyoming means that is my entire argument on the GOPs current demise.
                            n science and history, consilience (also convergence of evidence or concordance of evidence) is the principle that evidence from independent, unrelated sources can "converge" on strong conclusions. That is, when multiple sources of evidence are in agreement, the conclusion can be very strong even when none of the individual sources of evidence is significantly so on its own. Most established scientific knowledge is supported by a convergence of evidence: if not, the evidence is comparatively weak, and there will not likely be a strong scientific consensus.
                            I have been on this board long enough to see all former Reagnites vote against Obama and the vote for Trump. I remember all those arguments against the Clintons and later Obama. Bush was still seen in the frame of Reagan and his policies. I’ve seen all their arguments try to fit into the Reagan box but that isn’t possible. Therefore the box has to shift to accommodate the reality that American republicans have now no moral authority, no moral majority, no fiscal conservatism, no liberal republicanism and and no democratic leg to stand on. I’m just here for the gymnastics. I give it a 8.0/10 so far.

And yes North Dakota, I take the first insurrection to breach our Capitol very seriously. I want those responsible held accountable. Including the Trump and his enablers. I expect any American to hold the same values. I will not apologize for that.
                            Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 02-07-2021, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                              I'd prefer a discussion about issues rather than name calling.
                              I look forward to your pushback when GI41, Cack, or myself get a nice chirp :)

Comment

I look forward to your pushback when GI41, Cack, or myself get a nice chirp :)
                                I'll take that as encouragement for me to try to make all of you actually treat each other with respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X