Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Presidency

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All of these posts should be in the politics thread, yet they keep getting posted in the Trump thread. Is it separation anxiety? An actual deep love and admiration for Trump you don't want to admit? I wish Freud was still alive so he could enlighten me.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
      I wish Freud was still alive so he could enlighten me.
      Something related to your mother or your penis.
      Based Mullet Kid owns

      Comment


      • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">MyPillow guy Mike Lindell’s big lie special on OAN begins with an epic disclaimer <a href="https://t.co/3nsoAznOUU">pic.twitter.com/3nsoAznOUU</a></p>&mdash; Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) <a href="https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1357713334313902080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

        This is bonkers

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good piece on Myanmar and how the world's bad actors learned from Trump's anti-democratic rhetoric and tactics, just as he learned from Putin and European nationalists. <a href="https://t.co/pjTYQEBRLV">https://t.co/pjTYQEBRLV</a></p>&mdash; Garry Kasparov (@Kasparov63) <a href="https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/status/1357412467488526338?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
          Do you only follow bad/insane takes on Twitter and was this meant as serious or for laughter?
          Running the damn ball since 2017.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
            Do you only follow bad/insane takes on Twitter and was this meant as serious or for laughter?
            Seriously. It’s not hard. Trump’s entire ploy during his time as president was literally taken out of the Fascists Idiot Guide to Consolidating Power. Luckily our democracy, as fragile as it apparently is survived the first stress test. I am less sure this happen the next time right wing coup takes place as it will likely be more cohesive and intelligently done. They came real fucking close to succeeding though.

            These other countries dont have the history or democratic infrastructure to easily survive. These methods are well known and not new.
            "From Chaos comes Clarity"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
              Do you only follow bad/insane takes on Twitter and was this meant as serious or for laughter?
              Gary Kasperov is an interesting dude. Clearly smart, Chess Grandmaster. From looking at his Wikipedia page, I agree with a lot of his geo-political stuff. Much respect.

              But to claim the clowns in Burma have adopted Trump tactics is absurd. This stuff is SOP around the world for decades.
              Based Mullet Kid owns

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                Gary Kasperov is an interesting dude. Clearly smart, Chess Grandmaster. From looking at his Wikipedia page, I agree with a lot of his geo-political stuff. Much respect.

                But to claim the clowns in Burma have adopted Trump tactics is absurd. This stuff is SOP around the world for decades.
                Yeah, Kasparov's definitely an interesting guy. IQ in the 190's and maybe the best chess player in history. Unlike the stereotypical super-genius, he's anything but nerdy and monomaniacal. He can be very funny and charming (and sometimes an arrogant horse's ass), is quite knowledgeable about almost everything, and was a favorite guest of Letterman. OTOH, he's hard to figure out politically. He's an odd mixture of ideas. Mostly conservative, but definitely got some Libertarian and far left ideas mixed in. He's strongly anti-authoritarian. Hates Putin with a passion! Putin had him arrested and jailed for a bit.
                Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">MyPillow guy Mike Lindellís big lie special on OAN begins with an epic disclaimer <a href="https://t.co/3nsoAznOUU">pic.twitter.com/3nsoAznOUU</a></p>&mdash; Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) <a href="https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1357713334313902080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                  This is bonkers
                  David Hogg apparently going to put him out of business.

                  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...iness-n1256817

                  Probably going to be called YourPillow or CommunityPillow because MyPillow just sounds unfair and Privileged.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                    Seriously. Itís not hard. Trumpís entire ploy during his time as president was literally taken out of the Fascists Idiot Guide to Consolidating Power. Luckily our democracy, as fragile as it apparently is survived the first stress test. I am less sure this happen the next time right wing coup takes place as it will likely be more cohesive and intelligently done. They came real fucking close to succeeding though.

                    These other countries dont have the history or democratic infrastructure to easily survive. These methods are well known and not new.
                    I disagree on it coming close to succeeding and I disagree that it was really a goal. I do understand and agree with the larger point.

                    I do agree on the bottom part fully. Look at eastern Europe. Look at South America. Look at Africa, the Middle East, Asia generally. This is just sorta how it goes in those places, for better or worse.
                    Based Mullet Kid owns

                    Comment


                    • A GOP bro podcast I listen to made a radio drama for Jonathan Swan's latest scoop that we can all enjoy, lib or con.

                      Swan Article:
                      https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axi...b267f8723.html

                      Podcast:
                      https://open.spotify.com/episode/3Sd...urce=copy-link
                      Based Mullet Kid owns

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                        I disagree on it coming close to succeeding and I disagree that it was really a goal. I do understand and agree with the larger point.

                        I do agree on the bottom part fully. Look at eastern Europe. Look at South America. Look at Africa, the Middle East, Asia generally. This is just sorta how it goes in those places, for better or worse.
                        I don’t want to get harangued on minutae but the fact is they got it into the building and there were many Congress people still in both chambers at the time. Both chambers were barricaded and if a cop hadnt had led them away they would have gotten to the Senate chamber. It was close. Too close and the intent was to stop the certification of the certification because that was the last legal hurdle in declaring Biden winner and was the point of no return for Trump becoming the official loser. Many were calling to Hang Pence and kill Pelosi and Schumer. There is very little to argue with here. There is video. There is evidence. Not believing is not an option. Not believing is just putting your head in the sand at what actually happened.
                        "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                          I don’t want to get harangued on minutae but the fact is they got it into the building and there were many Congress people still in both chambers at the time. Both chambers were barricaded and if a cop hadnt had led them away they would have gotten to the Senate chamber. It was close. Too close and the intent was to stop the certification of the certification because that was the last legal hurdle in declaring Biden winner and was the point of no return for Trump becoming the official loser. Many were calling to Hang Pence and kill Pelosi and Schumer. There is very little to argue with here. There is video. There is evidence. Not believing is not an option. Not believing is just putting your head in the sand at what actually happened.
                          You could be right but we will never know. I have always seen these idiots as those elementary kids that want to make it look they want to fight but totally expect someone to hold them back, with a few exceptions. Like when that women got shot I think people were unwittingly shocked it escalated to that point. Like when you see LeBron James talk shit and get in someones face then acts totally surprised when someone does swing at him. But then again there were some Dennis Rodmans and Ron Artests in that group that saw red and had bad intentions.
                          Last edited by Blazers46; 02-05-2021, 06:35 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                            A GOP bro podcast I listen to made a radio drama for Jonathan Swan's latest scoop that we can all enjoy, lib or con.

                            Swan Article:
                            https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axi...b267f8723.html

                            Podcast:
                            https://open.spotify.com/episode/3Sd...urce=copy-link
                            I LOVE Ruthless. It's the best pod out there IMHO.

                            Pod theater was excellent too.
                            Running the damn ball since 2017.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Blazers46 View Post
                              David Hogg apparently going to put him out of business.

                              https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...iness-n1256817

                              Probably going to be called YourPillow or CommunityPillow because MyPillow just sounds unfair and Privileged.
                              It will either be cry pillow or bite pillow. This makes me want to buy more giza tbh.
                              Running the damn ball since 2017.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                I donít want to get harangued on minutae but the fact is they got it into the building and there were many Congress people still in both chambers at the time. Both chambers were barricaded and if a cop hadnt had led them away they would have gotten to the Senate chamber. It was close. Too close and the intent was to stop the certification of the certification because that was the last legal hurdle in declaring Biden winner and was the point of no return for Trump becoming the official loser. Many were calling to Hang Pence and kill Pelosi and Schumer. There is very little to argue with here. There is video. There is evidence. Not believing is not an option. Not believing is just putting your head in the sand at what actually happened.
                                If they somehow stopped the certification... it just would've happened later. I'm aware of what some of them were saying. That wasn't close to overthrowing the government.

                                There is plenty to argue. Joe Biden won. He was going to end up as the President no matter what happened. No matter terrified you are of what happened, nothing those people were capable of doing was going to stop Joe Biden from becoming the President.

                                Could there have been a bunch of bloodshed? Sure. But the idea that a hundred or a thousand or however many of those people with zip ties or guns or mace were going to keep Trump in the White House is just dumb. Coincidentally, the people who partook were pretty dumb as well, thinking that was going to accomplish anything.

                                You can be horrified that people are willing to do and/or be prepared to do awful things without pretending they were close to achieving their goal. Because they weren't close. Biden won. He was going to get inaugurated.
                                Based Mullet Kid owns

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X