Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post

LOL presented with factual evidence that your theory of bad optics was wrong, and you do a 180.
    It was bad optics. Nobody at ERCOT wanted a phone call from him. Nobody at MISO. Nobody at Entergy. The hype was to aim the light at a common enemy of the press and the left, which are effectively the same. It's not like he covered anything up or was a stay-at-home hypocrite.
    Last edited by drayer54; 02-23-2021, 09:14 AM.
    Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by drayer54 View Post

It was bad optics. Nobody at ERCOT wanted a phone call from him. Nobody at MISO. Nobody at Entergy. The hype was to aim the light at a common enemy of the press and the left, which are effectively the same. It's not like he covered anything up or was a stay-at-home hypocrite.
      Of course he's an enemy of the press and the left, that doesn't change the fact that it's terrible optics. He knew it was terrible optics which is why he threw his daughter under the bus.

Comment

• We are having local elections here today. You can hear the crickets now that it's above freezing. The local stuff is so important. Maybe the turnout for the general in April will be better, but this is pretty bad in terms of turnout so far.

The two Republicans running for Highway Commissioner of the Township are both awful. In terms of Trump Effect, five Democrats are running for Township Trustee and there are four spots. That hasn't happened since maybe the Civil War. The current Board of Trustees are all Republicans and 3 were elected during the Civil War. Should be interesting.

It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
          We are having local elections here today. You can hear the crickets now that it's above freezing. The local stuff is so important. Maybe the turnout for the general in April will be better, but this is pretty bad in terms of turnout so far.

The two Republicans running for Highway Commissioner of the Township are both awful. In terms of Trump Effect, five Democrats are running for Township Trustee and there are four spots. That hasn't happened since maybe the Civil War. The current Board of Trustees are all Republicans and 3 were elected during the Civil War. Should be interesting.
          I love that goofy local positions are run for with party affiliations. Like what the hell is the letter next to their name gonna tell us?
          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

I love that goofy local positions are run for with party affiliations. Like what the hell is the letter next to their name gonna tell us?
            Some are, some are not depending on where you live. The village elections, for example, they are non partisan. As is school board, and right now if there is anything where I want to know the letter behind their name, it's school board.

Township level you have to run partisan. You can run independent, but they require you to get triple the signatures in order to get on the ballot.

Some of the township highway commissioners in this area are the biggest crooks around. Six figure salaries and they're as corrupt as big city politicians. It's crazy.
            It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Liberal COVID darling and CNN icon Andrew Cuomo is finally making some news. Imagine if he went to Cancun.

https://medium.com/@lindseyboylan4NY...o-e664d4814b4e
              EvAD32-XcActCRe.png

Comment

Liberal COVID darling and CNN icon Andrew Cuomo is finally making some news. Imagine if he went to Cancun.

https://medium.com/@lindseyboylan4NY...o-e664d4814b4e
                EvAD32-XcActCRe.png
                He's as big a narcistic douche as anyone in a government position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

He's as big a narcistic douche as anyone in a government position.
                  Yup, pretty much. Almost all are addicted to the power. Will do almost anything to achieve power, will do almost anything to hang on to power. Will use their power for the benefit of one.

Comment

• House Passes Sweeping Gay and Transgender Equality Legislation

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/25/u...ay-rights.html

I am confused why every class cannot be a protected class. Why can't we just say "don't discriminate based on sex, race, sexual orientation, political affiliation, religion?" Someone catch me up as to who we are allowed to discriminate against and who is not protected and why?

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post

Yup, pretty much. Almost all are addicted to the power. Will do almost anything to achieve power, will do almost anything to hang on to power. Will use their power for the benefit of one.
                      Step 1. Deny, deflect and claim you're misunderstood. Looks like an independent investigator is going to look into the allegations as another woman has come forward. Apparently Cuomo tried to appoint the investigator himself when the AG called "BS"!

From the NY Post.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Sunday tried to explain away allegations of sexual harassment as “jokes” that were misinterpreted as “unwanted flirtation” — as his office caved on the state attorney general’s request to appoint an investigator to probe the claims.

“At work sometimes I think I am being playful and make jokes that I think are funny. I do, on occasion, tease people in what I think is a good natured way,” said Cuomo in a prepared statement.

“I now understand that my interactions may have been insensitive or too personal and that some of my comments, given my position, made others feel in ways I never intended,” he continued. “I acknowledge some of the things I have said have been misinterpreted as an unwanted flirtation. To the extent anyone felt that way, I am truly sorry about that.”

The statement came one day after former Cuomo staffer Charlotte Bennett, 25, alleged to the New York Times that the 63-year-old governor made a series of inappropriate remarks that left her convinced he “wanted to sleep with” her.

That claim, in turn, came less than a week after another former staffer, Lindsey Boylan, expanded on accusations she first revealed in December 2020, alleging that Cuomo kissed her on the lips without warning.

While copping to remarks that may have crossed the line, Cuomo on Sunday again denied going any further.

“To be clear I never inappropriately touched anybody and I never propositioned anybody and I never intended to make anyone feel uncomfortable,” he said. “But these are allegations that New Yorkers deserve answers to.”
                      Last edited by Irish#1; 03-01-2021, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Cuomo Advisers Altered Report on Covid-19 Nursing-Home Deaths

Changes resulted in a significant undercount of the death toll attributed to long-term-care facility residents.

This is a bigger deal than the #MeToo stuff, IMHO. How is he still in office?

Comment

• With that and the sex scandal, it will be hard to stay in office.

Comment

Cuomo Advisers Altered Report on Covid-19 Nursing-Home Deaths

Changes resulted in a significant undercount of the death toll attributed to long-term-care facility residents.

You know why. The Democrats don’t hold their own people to the same standard.
                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Cuomo Advisers Altered Report on Covid-19 Nursing-Home Deaths

There's a D behind his name.
                              The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X