Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blazers46 View Post
    You need two things to win a SuperBowl.

A top 10 Defense and a Great QB. Sometimes there are exceptions like Trent Dilfer or Nick Foles. There are exceptions to every rule but Tom Brady has never won a ring without a top10 defense.

2020 - Tampa Bay #7 Defense - Tom Brady
    2019 - Kansas City #10 Defense - Pat Mahommes
    2018 - Patriots #6 Defense - Brady
    2017 - Philly #4 Defense - Wentz/Foles
    2016 - Patriots #1 Defense - Brady
    2015 - Denver #4 Defense - Manning
    2014 - Patriots #7 Defense - Brady
    2013 - Seattle #1 Defense - Wilson
    2012 - Ravens #4 Defense - Flacco
    2011 - Giants #21 Defense - EManning
    2010 - Green Bay #1 Defense - Rodgers
    2009 - Saints #18 Defense - Brees
    2008 - Steelers #2 Def - Big Ben
    2007 - Giants #14 Def - EManning
    2006 - Colts #18 Defense - PManning
    2005 - Steelers #3 Def - Big Ben
    2004 - Patriots #2 Defense - Brady
    2003 - Patriots Patriots #1 Defense - Brady
    2002 - Tampa Bay #1 Defense - Johnson
    2001 - Patriots #6 - Brady

Defensive Facts:
    Tom Brady has played 20 seasons. 17 of those with a top 10 defense. 10 SuperBowls - 7 Wins.
    Peyton Manning played 14 seasons. 6 of those with a top 10 defense. 4 SuperBowls - 2 Wins.
    Tom Brady has had more Top 10 defenses in his 20 seasons than Manning, Brees, and Rodgers combined in 47 seasons combined seasons.

Tom Brady is great and is in the discussion but counting rings you have to account for what Tom has had that others have not.

In the last 3 superbowl wins for Tom Brady, his defense has allowed 19 points in their last 11 quarters.

Can we really sit here and say if Peyton had a top 10 defense 85% of the time he does not win 7? I say he does easily. Give Brees and Rodgers the same and they might.
    Maybe if Manning didnít take a huge salary every year there would have been extra cap space for more players. Brady consistently taking less has always been a factor in his success.
    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by NDRock View Post
      Maybe if Manning didnít take a huge salary every year there would have been extra cap space for more players. Brady consistently taking less has always been a factor in his success.
      Sure. I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is one of the worst stories Iíve ever read. Based on public details seems likely Andyís son goes (back) to jail? Saddest detail is the child wasnít even in the car that broke down, but in the second car with family that came to help. Britt Reid crashed into both parked cars <a href="https://t.co/r9MpkPi0rb">https://t.co/r9MpkPi0rb</a></p>&mdash; Chris B. Brown (@smartfootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/smartfootball/status/1358892712808824833?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
        This is horrible. Reidís son could be in some serious trouble. I donít remember hearing about this before the game.

Comment

This Chiefs defense, from my point of view, looks like it was built to play with the lead. When you don't have the lead and the script gets flipped, you need to have something to allow your offense to be able to come back. Useless if you're juiceless and that defense got behind early. No juice.

I think they were flagged a few times in the second quarter on very questionable calls. I also think a couple guys played without discipline and got frustrated. That's coaching as well as being a professional. Honey Badger lost his shit a few times. He got rattled.

The knock on Montana was he had all that tremendous skill talent around him and Young stepped right in. I don't care what you think, Montana won some huge games home and away that most guys just don't, Jerry Rice or not. Brady has been consistently great for twenty years in addition to having very good timing and some luck. Luck plays a huge part in winning championships, as does timing, and nobody seems to want to believe in that randomness because it takes away from greatness and the idea of preordained "destiny." Take your lucky bounces and roll with them. I don't give a damn who you are. Plenty of champions have been lucky in addition to good. That's how Trent Dilfer wins a Super Bowl and Dan Marino doesn't.

I like Mahomes' long term future. I think he can win multiple Super Bowls. Bienemy might be waiting for Reid to step down and take the reigns, but even if he moves on to be an HC elsewhere, how do you not chomp at the bit to be an HC and OC with the Chiefs as long as Mahomes is there? He had his worst game since his freshman year vs TCU and had a piecemeal offensive line in front of him. I think he'll be okay and I think he's the next face of the league.

Or Brady plays for another 15 years and totally fucks him out of trophies.
          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

Originally posted by NDRock View Post
            This is an EXCELLENT point.

They should have gotten him WR help and maybe he'd still be in New England. I didn't understand why they kept dumpster diving for WR when they had him at QB.
            It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
              This is an EXCELLENT point.

They should have gotten him WR help and maybe he'd still be in New England. I didn't understand why they kept dumpster diving for WR when they had him at QB.
              Because it works. The recipe for Championships is a Top10 defense and a Good/Great QB.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X