EA Sports Announce the Return of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Sports Announce the Return of College Football

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For those who never stopped believing... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EASPORTSCollegeFootball?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc %5Etfw">#EASPORTSCollegeFootball</a> <a href="https://t.co/ojDl9LzXuj">pic.twitter.com/ojDl9LzXuj</a></p>&mdash; EASPORTSCollege (@EASPORTSCollege) <a href="https://twitter.com/EASPORTSCollege/status/1356645858209587201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

EA stopped producing a college football video game back in 2014.
    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Notably, they&#39;re not planning to call the game NCAA Football. They&#39;re negotiating with CLC for rights to use teams and potentially College Football Playoff logos/name.</p>&mdash; Dan Murphy (@DanMurphyESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanMurphyESPN/status/1356647537512439810?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lots of information still to be determined for the return of College Football video game. But <a href="https://twitter.com/mikerothstein?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mikerothstein</a> and I dive into what we know and don&#39;t know here: <a href="https://t.co/cok2lpwpS1">https://t.co/cok2lpwpS1</a></p>&mdash; Dan Murphy (@DanMurphyESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanMurphyESPN/status/1356649558839857152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">EA has committed to bringing the game back even if NIL rules don&#39;t change. So why is this suddenly feasible now? Schools that didn&#39;t want to sell their licensing rights to EA seven years ago in the wake of antitrust litigation are back on board. <a href="https://t.co/T4nz4GKusi">https://t.co/T4nz4GKusi</a></p>&mdash; Dan Murphy (@DanMurphyESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanMurphyESPN/status/1356653533257478144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

I figured this deserved its own thread. BKess, fire up the dynasty.

Comment

I am so glad I went rogue and bought a PS 5 "for my son". My wife looked at me like I was nuts, but it was totally worth it.

:)

Comment

Here is the most current list of CLC members. Notre Dame is not a member of the CLC.

Comment

ND, Ohio State, USC are all going to ban together and demand a king's ransom for licensing.

I could also see ND flat out refusing to join regardless, based on what we've heard from Jack Swarbrick in regards to NIL rights. He wants to "champion" athletes' rights in regards to NIL, but to him that means not signing a deal with EA if he doesn't think ND athletes are getting a fair share based on their perceived value as members and representatives of the university.

It may take the student athletes in '22-'23 telling him that they aren't worried about playing hardball as long as they can be in the game, to get ND to join up.

Comment

Looking forwarded to starting a dynasty with South Bend University
                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                    First thing that came to mind was our old dynasty days! I hope we can recreate those days again!
                    GO IRISH!!!

Comment

whats the chances 80% of the dev put into this game will be whatever version of MUT they can monetize to the hills and then neglect the dynasty mode like they have been on madden
                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by TNUtoNotreDame View Post
                        I am so glad I went rogue and bought a PS 5 "for my son". My wife looked at me like I was nuts, but it was totally worth it.

:)
                        Until the PS6 comes out 3 years from now with the game

Comment

There is quite literally only one video game that could make me buy a new console for the first time since college.

Never thought I'd see this day.
                          My CFB Book: https://www.amazon.com/Southbound-Tr.../dp/0692932593

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                            whats the chances 80% of the dev put into this game will be whatever version of MUT they can monetize to the hills and then neglect the dynasty mode like they have been on madden
                            Sorry, I've been out of the gaming world for years. What's MUT?
                            My CFB Book: https://www.amazon.com/Southbound-Tr.../dp/0692932593

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                              Until the PS6 comes out 3 years from now with the game
                              True, I think my kid will need a PS 6 then. When he goes to college it will be tougher to say it is for him.

My wife will be going to sleep alone for a long time when this gets released. My dynasty needs me.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryhippo View Post
                                Sorry, I've been out of the gaming world for years. What's MUT?
                                Madden Ultimate Team
                                GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Notable non-members from what I can tell

ND
                                  USC
                                  Michigan
                                  Ohio State
                                  Wisconsin
                                  Indiana
                                  Miami
                                  UGA

Comment

Looking forwarded to starting a dynasty with South Bend University
                                    It's IUSB's big chance!

Comment

Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                      It's IUSB's big chance!
                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

I'll always remember where I was on this day...

Comment

The idea of buying my first NCAA game since Jimmy F'ing Clausen has got me hard as a rock.
                                          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                            The idea of buying my first NCAA game since Jimmy F'ing Clausen has got me hard as a rock.
                                            Damn dude

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                              Damn dude
                                              I'll let you know if it lasts more than four hours
                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Looks like ND, UGA, Oregon, Miami, Wisky and Kentucky are with fermata http://fermatacollege.com/universities/

I get the impression there's no CLC exclusivity and EA is starting there because it's the largest bloc of CFB licenses. Hopefully, they'll negotiate with other licensing companies as well.

Comment

If ND isn't in the game not sure I would buy

Comment

Originally posted by Meatloaf View Post
                                                    Looks like ND, UGA, Oregon, Miami, Wisky and Kentucky are with fermata http://fermatacollege.com/universities/

I get the impression there's no CLC exclusivity and EA is starting there because it's the largest bloc of CFB licenses. Hopefully, they'll negotiate with other licensing companies as well.
                                                    pretty much the way it goes in soccer games (football manager etc) the producers have to negotiate with various football associations/leagues separately to get them into their games
                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

I think it's more likely EA and ND negotiate a sweeter deal separately than ND not being in the game IMO.

Comment

I've been waiting for this news for seven long years. But...it will be sad to call it quits on my NCAA '14 dynasty...I'm on year 2071 lol. Been going since college.
                                                        My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                          I sure hope we can use our own playbooks that way I can keep running the option from all formations! Trying to ensure a full season with 0 passes while winning a NC!
                                                          GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
                                                            I sure hope we can use our own playbooks that way I can keep running the option from all formations! Trying to ensure a full season with 0 passes while winning a NC!
                                                            I love the spread triple option in the game, that's my jam.

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                              I think it's more likely EA and ND negotiate a sweeter deal separately than ND not being in the game IMO.
                                                              I'll take +5 SPD for all ND RB's in game
                                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                                                I've been waiting for this news for seven long years. But...it will be sad to call it quits on my NCAA '14 dynasty...I'm on year 2071 lol. Been going since college.
                                                                Jesus Christ, how many national championships?
                                                                “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                                                                ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

They always negotiated a separate deal with Notre Dame for these games. There was always a separate Notre Dame logo in the intro screen that showed all the licenses. This will be no different.

Comment

I would be shocked if EA doesn’t figure out something to have ND in the game, They know how big of a brand ND is

Comment

Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                                                      I think when you get to 2076 it forces you to retire.

I hit that mark one time with a dynasty where I was just letting it sim entire seasons and doing the offseason stuff to see what kind of wacky rosters I could build.

My favorite was one where I wouldn't recruit any WR's. I'd sign every pass-catching TE I could get, switched them to WR, and then couldn't be stopped when running the ball outside and with options. TE's blocking DB's breaks the game lol.

Comment

Originally posted by NDVirginia19 View Post
                                                                        Jesus Christ, how many national championships?
                                                                        A lot - it comes and goes, man. I'm not much of a gamer and if I do play, it's usually NCAA. I'll go weeks without playing if I'm really into a show or a good book, but then sometimes the mood hits and I'll play two or three games in an evening.

I keep it fun by leaving my program after I get them up to a 99 overall and jump ship for some shit team. Right now I'm at Marshall; take over the patsy 70 something overall, build them up, win a few Natties; wash rinse and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                          I think when you get to 2076 it forces you to retire.

I hit that mark one time with a dynasty where I was just letting it sim entire seasons and doing the offseason stuff to see what kind of wacky rosters I could build.

My favorite was one where I wouldn't recruit any WR's. I'd sign every pass-catching TE I could get, switched them to WR, and then couldn't be stopped when running the ball outside and with options. TE's blocking DB's breaks the game lol.
                                                                          What a cheat code! I never thought of doing that. And good, that means I've almost "beat" the game haha

Comment

Time to dust off the PS3 and get my skills back! Crap State University here I come and I'm bringing the all option offense your way!
                                                                            GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• #39
                                                                              College Football 97 on PS1 was my game. Have they said what system the game will come out on?

Comment

• #40
                                                                                all you olds who gonna try get back on this after decades away are gonna be monstered when you get online
                                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  all you olds who gonna try get back on this after decades away are gonna be monstered when you get online

Why would we need to get on the line?

Comment

• #42

As if. I will body children.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      This is exciting
                                                                                      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I am currently still playing ‘14 on the PS3. Have a USF dynasty. The roster updates are best this time of year when they circle back to what ended up happening and not pre season depth charts.

Did a massive realignment and my Sun Belt conference has Tulane, Coastal etc in it. They do a great job at OS besides I was playing in UCONN’s stadium lol

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          This is, primarily, another Ultimate Team revenue stream. Temper expectations.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I once played a league with my buddy. We each played our own schedules and then managed to make the final game against each other. He chose San Jose and I chose East Carolina. Unbeknownst to me at the time that ECU team had Chris Johnson as it ls RB. Lol. I crushed the game for multiple seasons.
                                                                                            "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                                              I once played a league with my buddy. We each played our own schedules and then managed to make the final game against each other. He chose San Jose and I chose East Carolina. Unbeknownst to me at the time that ECU team had Chris Johnson as it ls RB. Lol. I crushed the game for multiple seasons.
                                                                                              The key on the older games was 1000% find the small school team with a competent QB and a fast RB. If you had that, you win.
                                                                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                As I mentioned in the video game thread:

ND was always in the game despite not being part of the CLC. They would always have their own logo on the load screen because they would be negotiated independently. I would expect the same with this as well. No way ND wouldn't want to be included if the other major players are in the game.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                                                                                                  As I mentioned in the video game thread:

ND was always in the game despite not being part of the CLC. They would always have their own logo on the load screen because they would be negotiated independently. I would expect the same with this as well. No way ND wouldn't want to be included if the other major players are in the game.
                                                                                                  I know they are going to be in the game, but it would be funny to say University of Our Lady of The Lake or Vatican State in the game.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Catholic College vs. University of Southern California (TM).
                                                                                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X