EA Sports Announce the Return of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
    Me- NCAA 2004 juggernaut, graduates high school in 2004 and never plays video games again....

Dec 2020- Buys 9-year-old a PS5 for Xmas and is stunned to find out that they no longer make NCAA Football. Reluctantly buys Madden.

Me now- STUNNED at how awesome the controls and graphics are. I literally skipped 16 years entirely. HOWEVER- I still hold my own. I play people online once or twice a week and am definitely holding a winning record. These young punks don't manage the clock like me and usually quit when I run behind big Q during the entire 4th quarter.

EA Sports Challenge to come!
    NCAA 2005 --> Larry Fitzgerald..best/worst feature, COMPOSURE. Your guys play better or worse based on if they are a headcase or not lmao
    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post
      We did an Irish Envy league back in the day and I'm am 10000% on board for that again.
      Which system? That may dictate what system I end up purchasing.
      Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
        Improvements I'd like to see:

- 85-man rosters. New gen consoles allow for more actual data on the game disc. No reason this shouldn't happen now.

- Realistic player ratings and progression. The value between 5-star guys and 3-star guys needs to be much more dynamic. And 'gems' shouldn't just be guys that have higher OVR's than they're supposed to... They should be guys that progress at faster rates than other players, meaning 3-star gems are realistic developmental guys, and 4/5-star gems are the actual jackpot recruits that you luck into and win championships with, not just guys you easily target with scouting points. A 'bust' can be a guy that comes in with whatever OVR you scouted him at, and then just doesn't really progress at all.

- More neutral-site game options

- Expandable playoff

- No restrictions on conference realignment. You should be able to creat/delete conferences entirely

- Force conference championship games, even for leagues with less than 10 teams (shoutouts to the AAC).

- An actual transfer portal, where you not only try to convince guys to stay, but you try to attract guys with promises of starting jobs, draft position, or championships, too.

- I'd like to say adding positional coaches would be cool, but the HC/OC/DC trees already provided good recruiting and attribute bonuses. You'd simply be pulling back on those to have positional coaches provide bonuses, which would likely be needless fluff.
        so many game engine issues that have to be cleaned up too - suction blocking, jet pack Linebackers etc
        What did Davonte do?

Comment

- 85-man rosters. New gen consoles allow for more actual data on the game disc. No reason this shouldn't happen now.

- Realistic player ratings and progression. The value between 5-star guys and 3-star guys needs to be much more dynamic. And 'gems' shouldn't just be guys that have higher OVR's than they're supposed to... They should be guys that progress at faster rates than other players, meaning 3-star gems are realistic developmental guys, and 4/5-star gems are the actual jackpot recruits that you luck into and win championships with, not just guys you easily target with scouting points. A 'bust' can be a guy that comes in with whatever OVR you scouted him at, and then just doesn't really progress at all.

- Expandable playoff

- No restrictions on conference realignment. You should be able to creat/delete conferences entirely

- Force conference championship games, even for leagues with less than 10 teams (shoutouts to the AAC).

- An actual transfer portal, where you not only try to convince guys to stay, but you try to attract guys with promises of starting jobs, draft position, or championships, too.

- I'd like to say adding positional coaches would be cool, but the HC/OC/DC trees already provided good recruiting and attribute bonuses. You'd simply be pulling back on those to have positional coaches provide bonuses, which would likely be needless fluff.
          This was one of the most infuriating parts about the series. I'm hopeful for 85 man rosters, and I do have a feeling it will happen.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
            Which system? That may dictate what system I end up purchasing.
            PS6 it looks like!
            GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hungryhippo View Post
              There is quite literally only one video game that could make me buy a new console for the first time since college.

Never thought I'd see this day.
              I'm with you on that.
              2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

- Expandable playoff

If they just do the first and second thatís a win in my book. Love your list.

Comment

Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
                  PS6 it looks like!
                  Shit if people still have their Xbox 360 we should all fire that bad boy up again. Wager vbucks and bragging rights. Is NCAA 14 even supported? Is 360 xbox live even a thing?

Comment

- Expandable playoff

All great ideas.

My big dream, that almost certainly won't happen is relegation. That way I don't have to do it manually anymore lol.

Comment

Shit if people still have their Xbox 360 we should all fire that bad boy up again. Wager vbucks and bragging rights. Is NCAA 14 even supported? Is 360 xbox live even a thing?
                      The last big league we ran was on PS3 for most of us. We had 6 guys at one point!
                      GO IRISH!!!

Comment

I've got a PS3 but would be open to this in the interim....I'm sure I could get my hands on an XBOX 360 pretty easily and cheap nowadays.
                        My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                          I've got a PS3 but would be open to this in the interim....I'm sure I could get my hands on an XBOX 360 pretty easily and cheap nowadays.
                          The XBox yes you can but the game Iím not so sure. There was a rush of them in the summer and got kind of steep in resell price. Maybe everyone who bought it in the summer though is done with it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                            The XBox yes you can but the game Iím not so sure. There was a rush of them in the summer and got kind of steep in resell price. Maybe everyone who bought it in the summer though is done with it lol
                            Prices are outrageous for the game on eBay!
                            GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                              Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
                              Prices are outrageous for the game on eBay!
                              You're not kidding...just looked it up and the game is starting at $139.99 - $400 in most places.

Luckily I still have mine and it's in great condition.
                              My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                You're not kidding...just looked it up and the game is starting at $139.99 - $400 in most places.

Luckily I still have mine and it's in great condition.
                                i only sold mine for like 100 bucks back in 2016. I feel like those bitcoin guys who lost their drives
                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

Working...
                                X