EA Sports Announce the Return of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post

Could also hurt recruiting as they won't be able to play themselves or make them on the game.

Not even sure I would want the game unless ND is in it.
    dont think in 6 iterations of the game i have ever done a ND dynasty. It's 1 star program building dynasties or nothing
    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
      I could also see ND flat out refusing to join regardless, based on what we've heard from Jack Swarbrick in regards to NIL rights. He wants to "champion" athletes' rights in regards to NIL, but to him that means not signing a deal with EA if he doesn't think ND athletes are getting a fair share based on their perceived value as members and representatives of the university.
      Damn I'm good?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

dont think in 6 iterations of the game i have ever done a ND dynasty. It's 1 star program building dynasties or nothing
        Bingo. Georgia Southern makes Alabama look like Vandy.

Comment

Sometimes I'd start as a coordinator at Notre Dame and then accept a job at like a UCONN to see if I could run it into the ground---errr, build it into a national power.

Comment

Typically I'd start at ND, make them unbeatable, leave after 5/6 years, take over Idaho, play ND first game of season, UPSET CITY!, only take in 2 and 3 star recruits, lose to Colorado St, repeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
              [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/1363898322122080262?s=19[/TWITTER]
              This still about the Schools. EA could make up every name on the game and give the the rating they want and it would have nothing todo with the players. I still don't understand how going to Division 1, traveling all over hell and creation, free wardrobe's, free healthcare, free housing, and coaches dumping hundreds of hours into them making them better and helping the get the opportunity to make to the NFL with great academics isn't enough.

The new transfer rule is already making it easy for kids to quit on the school that has given these athletes everything. You start paying them and hold a video game hostage for money is going to ruin the game. It'll become the minor league of the NFL in a way.
              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post

This still about the Schools. EA could make up every name on the game and give the the rating they want and it would have nothing todo with the players. I still don't understand how going to Division 1, traveling all over hell and creation, free wardrobe's, free healthcare, free housing, and coaches dumping hundreds of hours into them making them better and helping the get the opportunity to make to the NFL with great academics isn't enough.

The new transfer rule is already making it easy for kids to quit on the school that has given these athletes everything. You start paying them and hold a video game hostage for money is going to ruin the game. It'll become the minor league of the NFL in a way.
                If there wasn't a video game, jerseys, pictures of them used for revenue, etc.... You'd be exactly right. However, it's more than what you said anymore. This doesn't mean that the kids are going to be making $10K each for this game. It means getting some kind of compensation for their likeness being used to make sales and to also be able to consent, as adults, to their likeness being used.

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post

If there wasn't a video game, jerseys, pictures of them used for revenue, etc.... You'd be exactly right. However, it's more than what you said anymore. This doesn't mean that the kids are going to be making $10K each for this game. It means getting some kind of compensation for their likeness being used to make sales and to also be able to consent, as adults, to their likeness being used.
                  Yea, I think the difference is the ability to have ownership over their being (NIL). Imagine if your boss was able to just sell off the rights to your identity to make money and you had no say.

Otherwise I agree that college athletes get an incredible amount of compensation, but for them not to have a say in whether they can be used and profited off of is pretty scummy. Even if they did sign contracts essentially allowing such a thing, it is not like they have much of an option.
                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• I think ND is taking a wise long game approach here - they are a national powerhouse who will draw the biggest, most international corporate $$$. Also looking like the good guy promoting players is a good recruiting schtick. If you become the best place to build a brand in a time when you can actually start getting paid for that brand you will secure the top talent. Put the dollars above the table and ND recruiting suddenly becomes more competitive. Still aren't getting them all b/c academics will get in the way but you will see kids will take a pay cut to avoid it rather than paid less to accept it like today.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                      I think ND is taking a wise long game approach here - they are a national powerhouse who will draw the biggest, most international corporate $$$. Also looking like the good guy promoting players is a good recruiting schtick. If you become the best place to build a brand in a time when you can actually start getting paid for that brand you will secure the top talent. Put the dollars above the table and ND recruiting suddenly becomes more competitive. Still aren't getting them all b/c academics will get in the way but you will see kids will take a pay cut to avoid it rather than paid less to accept it like today.
                      This. Totally. I like that Swarbrick is using NDs clout here. ND will have a great national advantage for national branding IMO and this puts them on a good front foot with future players.
                      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• The danger of NIL changes is rich getting richer - as ND fans that is a great thing. As college football fans it might suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                          I think ND is taking a wise long game approach here - they are a national powerhouse who will draw the biggest, most international corporate $$$. Also looking like the good guy promoting players is a good recruiting schtick. If you become the best place to build a brand in a time when you can actually start getting paid for that brand you will secure the top talent. Put the dollars above the table and ND recruiting suddenly becomes more competitive. Still aren't getting them all b/c academics will get in the way but you will see kids will take a pay cut to avoid it rather than paid less to accept it like today.
                          Agree 100%.

Comment

• So are we all going to play as North Dakota or Alabama in the interim until ND comes back? I like what ND did, but the selfish side of me wanted to rickroll people with ND.
                            Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
                              So are we all going to play as North Dakota or Alabama in the interim until ND comes back? I like what ND did, but the selfish side of me wanted to rickroll people with ND.
                              You won’t have to play with anyone other than Notre Dame by release of game

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

You won’t have to play with anyone other than Notre Dame by release of game
                                This. The game (unfortunately) won't be released until probably 2023, so there's plenty of time for ND to make the relaunched title.

Comment

Working...
                                X