COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

Welcome to my world. One of the guys who first got sick and sent everyone into quarantine is now back at the office and not wearing a mask. He is saying since he got it and got over it he isnt a risk anymore and isnt wearing his masks.
    Well he's not wrong. Other guy deserves a Darwin award.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post

Well he's not wrong. Other guy deserves a Darwin award.
      He could still be a carrier and pass it along even if the reinfection chance is low.
      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• If the response to Covid and a vaccine rollout had the sense of urgency of the 165 voter suppression laws that states are already tabling this year, what a better place we'd be in.

My 90 year old grandfather got the first dose on Friday. Knowing he's an avid viewer of Hannity and Tucker Carlson, I had to ask him, "Pappy, I have to say I'm surprised you got the vaccine. You're not buying into all the crazy conspiracies out there?"

"Fuck that, Sonny. I made it this far, I'm getting the damn shot. I got more time on this Earth and more beer to drink during that time!"
        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Weird how low daily cases have become after just a month, all while more and more stuff is opening back up to bigger capacities.

Comment

• Uh... did I have a stroke? What happened to this forum?

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofOahu View Post
              Uh... did I have a stroke? What happened to this forum?
              Trumps no longer president. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

I we aren't at 100% return to normal by the fall that will be a joke. By June, virtually everyone who wants a vaccine should've been able to get one. It's impractical and illogical to continue any restrictions past that point.
                Agree, but I see Biden wanting to extend precautions out until around July then encouraging large gatherings like sports to continue some some attendance restrictions past that. Hope I’m wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post

Glad to hear it. I'm assuming you didn't pre-register through Meijer? In the greater Indy area, I'm seeing those who were pre-registered basically are getting in within a week. Those who didn't are seeing appointments out about a month.

Unrelated, our lone healthcare employee who was refusing the vaccine has now changed her mind. Unfortunately for her, she's in line with everyone 65+ now, which means she's late Feb/early March for shot #1. Insert eyeroll.
                  I did initially register with Meijer, but haven't heard from them. The wife said she wasn't sure she wanted to get it when I registered and told her I was doing it right then. A few days later, she asks when our appointments were. "Uh Dear, you said you weren't sure you wanted to get it and you didn't answer me when I was registering." Got her registered, but she's upset that were not getting our shots at the same time. lol
                  Got a notification from Meijer on Monday and we're scheduled to get our shots today, so I'll need to figure out how to cancel our appointments for March 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Got a notification from Meijer on Monday and we're scheduled to get our shots today, so I'll need to figure out how to cancel our appointments for March 6.
                    Happy to hear it!

Just to further push the pre-registration: A friend of ours (she's 60) pre-registered at Meijer, got a phone call the night before they announced the new eligibility guidelines, and got her scheduled day of announcement.

Comment

• https://www.fda.gov/media/146217/download

JnJ FDA briefing doc

Really impressive results. Just as effective against variants. 100% effective against hospitalization. Less side effects. 1 shot. US will be getting 20MM of these in March.

Comment

• Friends of the family have a 12 year old son who volunteered to be in that age group's Moderna trial. Even donated the money they gave him to his favorite charity. Kid's a rockstar.

Shot one in the books. Felt fine.

Comment

• “One-Third of Cancer Survivors Worried About Treatment and Healthcare Disruptions During the COVID-19 Pandemic”
                          Feb 24, 2021

Comment

• My boss with MS has now entered day 14 with unabated fevers. Hoping for the best but doesn’t sound good.
                            "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Wife and I got the Pfizer shot yesterday. Several people warned us we might feel crappy the next day. Then they said after the second shot. I feel fine and my arm isn't sore from the shot. The wife said her arm was pretty sore this morning, but nothing else. Anyone hear of feeling crappy for a day after the second shot?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                Wife and I got the Pfizer shot yesterday. Several people warned us we might feel crappy the next day. Then they said after the second shot. I feel fine and my arm isn't sore from the shot. The wife said her arm was pretty sore this morning, but nothing else. Anyone hear of feeling crappy for a day after the second shot?
                                I've only gotten one shot, but my arm was FUCKED for about two days. I got the shot, went to the waiting area, then got up after ten min and my arm was comically sore for getting such a small shot. I also felt a little run down later that even but perfectly fine when I woke up the next day. I don't get my second shot until March 8th, but none of the people I coach with who have gotten vaccinated reported any issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X