What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
    My mother and aunt have been watching it.
    What are you implying? lol

Comment

• Watched the little things. It's decent, not great. Great acting by all three leads, but a very uninspiring story.

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
      What are you implying? lol
      lol... I'm actually surprised they chose it. My aunt got back from Naples and asked mom if she'd turn it on. Not sure how she got turned onto it. Probably just because of the older stars.
      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Ted Lasso Apple TV-brilliant

Comment

• The Queens Gambit on netflix is very very good.

Comment

• Been watching Crossing Lines (probably 5 or more years old) with Donald Sutherland and a bunch of pop ins by good Euro actors. Very good. Surprised I've never heard much about it.

Also watching The Investigation weekly on HBO. Nordic show about the murder of Swedish journalist Kim Wall on a privately owned submarine lol.. Not for everyone, but well written and acted. Malling is a good actor. (in Borgen and Forbrydelsen/The Killing)

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
              The Queens Gambit on netflix is very very good.
              Finished it about a month ago. Not for everyone, but I really enjoyed it.

Started watching some of the Unsolved History episodes (topics). The assassination of JFK was pretty good. They tried to determine if there was a second shooter. They gathered all of the still pictures and film the spectators had taken to analyze and try to enhance with modern technology. If Zapruder spans his movie camera to the right just a little, it would have answered the question about a second shooter on the grassy knoll. One lady had still pics of the grassy knoll when the shots were fired, but she had used indoor film and her camera settings weren't correct, so the grassy knoll in the background of the pictures was mostly a large shadow.

Comment

• Outlander (Looking for a way to watch S5)
                Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel

Comment

• Raised By Wolves is the most interesting thing I've seen on TV in a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDFAN420 View Post
                    Raised By Wolves is the most interesting thing I've seen on TV in a long time.
                    Was very interested in it when it came out, but didn't keep my attention after the first 3 episodes so I just kept it on in the background

Comment

• Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post
                      Outlander (Looking for a way to watch S5)
                      Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel
                      That Cecil Hotel is not the place to stay! So many different deaths. I'm not buying suicide are you? She had to be killed by someone who was familiar with the hotel IMO. I wouldn't have thought to use the water tanks

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post

Was very interested in it when it came out, but didn't keep my attention after the first 3 episodes so I just kept it on in the background
                        That's great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

That Cecil Hotel is not the place to stay! So many different deaths. I'm not buying suicide are you? She had to be killed by someone who was familiar with the hotel IMO. I wouldn't have thought to use the water tanks
                          I think it makes sense with her history of being mentally ill and she stopped taking her meds. Some stuff was off about the investigation tho with the missing min of video and how long it took for the report to come in.

Also I think the series could have been 2 or 3 episodes. Felt like they dragged some stuff out.

Comment

• Just finished a weekend binge of Tell Me Your Secrets on Amazon. I thought it was one of the better Amazon series to come out. Good cast, good writing, good production. I've always though Lily Rabe was a quality actress, but never thought of her as a lead. She did a great job IMO. And always thought she was cute, not necessarily hot...but boy she was fit AF. Brenneman and Linklater were really good too. Good supporting cast too. Looks like it's set up well for a S2.

Also finished the last episode of Your Honor last week. I thought the series overall was good, but was a bit let down with the predictable final episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                              Just finished a weekend binge of Tell Me Your Secrets on Amazon. I thought it was one of the better Amazon series to come out. Good cast, good writing, good production. I've always though Lily Rabe was a quality actress, but never thought of her as a lead. She did a great job IMO. And always thought she was cute, not necessarily hot...but boy she was fit AF. Brenneman and Linklater were really good too. Good supporting cast too. Looks like it's set up well for a S2.

Also finished the last episode of Your Honor last week. I thought the series overall was good, but was a bit let down with the predictable final episode.
                              Good show. Lots of moving parts to pay attention to.

Comment

• Finished seasons one and two of 'The Boys' on Amazon. That's a really good, really fucked up show lol.

It seems dark, but I think they captured the state of society and superheroes pretty well on a basis of "if this were actually a real thing," especially the part where they gave a realistic look at a Superman that has mental health, socialization and familial issues.

Karl Urban is incredible as Billy Butcher. I love MM and Frenchie. The chick that plays Starlight could have been billed as Kate Mara and I almost wouldn't have noticed. The dude playing Homelander is also legit.

Really excited to see what season three brings, whenever that may be. I know the show is based very loosely on a comic series, and I read a brief overview of the plotlines to see where things might generally go... but the show has a lot of options. Season two provided an ending that could operate as a pretty clean break, but it also wouldn't surprise me for season three to pick up with that "clean break" having been totally fucked off-screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X