No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumbled across Schitt's Creek (Comedy Central) with Eugene Levy. LMAO. Great cast, and Annie Murphy has some great legs.

Comment

• After hearing about it for a decade I started watching Breaking Bad. Admittedly, it is hard to watch at times due to impacts of the tragedy of addiction.

Then I watched the Social Dilemma, and if you aren't looking for them the parallels aren't immediately obvious. Social media vs methamphetamines/drug abuse? Obviously not the same, right?

Drugs are addictive, cause family disruptions, cause mental health problems, lead to death and suicide, and very literally destroy lives. They do this through activating the dopaminergic reward centers of the brain until one literally cannot think about anything else.

But social media doesn't do this right? Our phones don't do that right? But contemplate another question. At what age did your brain have access to social media or all the apps loaded on a mobile phone? And then answer this, at what age do people often try their first mind altering substance (thus leading to addiction)?

If the answer to these questions are similar ages for you I'm sorry, you probably are a gen z'er. Gen z'ers have lower rates of drug abuse than prior generations but have staggeringly higher rates of mental health disorders and suicide. Why? Social media became ubiquitous on mobile devices around 2010, just in time for the first gen z'ers to start junior high.

So Walter White peddling methamphetamine and Facebook peddling likes aren't all that different are they?

Comment

• Been watching Helstrom (Hulu), about a brother and sister with two possessed parents (father was a serial killer). The son is more or less an exorcist working for the Church. Pretty good.
        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
          Been watching Helstrom (Hulu), about a brother and sister with two possessed parents (father was a serial killer). The son is more or less an exorcist working for the Church. Pretty good.
          Yep

Up to E3 and pretty good.

Been watching Mystery Road based in Australia. Not too bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
            Yep

Up to E3 and pretty good.

Been watching Mystery Road based in Australia. Not too bad.
            Let me know what you think of the full season of Helstrom when you're done.

Watching an Israeli series now called Tehran (Apple TV). Very good. Not near as good a Fauda, but still quality. After than, going to do another Nordic show or two. I'm enjoying foreign stuff more than US these day.

Watched the first season of Mystery Road when it first came out a few years back. Haven't gotten around to S2 yet. I also found out that S1 is a spinoff from two movies, one with the same name (2013), and another in 2016 (Goldstone). Going to watch the two films and rewatch S1 before I watch S2. It's further down my list though. I've enjoyed several Aussie/NZ series.

Comment

• I watched the 7-part Netflix mini-series "The Queen's Gambit" over the past few days. It was exceptionally well-done and getting very good reviews. Well worth the watch.
              Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

Been watching Helstrom (Hulu), about a brother and sister with two possessed parents (father was a serial killer). The son is more or less an exorcist working for the Church. Pretty good.
                Tried watching the first episode but couldn't get into it. Probably didn't give it a real shot and might try again tonight for me. Running out of stuff to watch while waiting out this mandatory quarantine. Seen almost everything thats good on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and HBO Max.
                GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
                  Tried watching the first episode but couldn't get into it. Probably didn't give it a real shot and might try again tonight for me. Running out of stuff to watch while waiting out this mandatory quarantine. Seen almost everything thats good on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and HBO Max.
                  Since you're in quarantine, if you're OK with subs....

1. Gomorrah - HBO Max
                  2. Fauda - Netflix
                  3. Suburra - Blood on Rome - Netflix

You may want to consider loading Kodi on Firestick for access to a lot more.

Helstrom was OK. I stuck it out. Not great but OK.

Comment

Since you're in quarantine, if you're OK with subs....

1. Gomorrah - HBO Max
                    2. Fauda - Netflix
                    3. Suburra - Blood on Rome - Netflix

You may want to consider loading Kodi on Firestick for access to a lot more.

Helstrom was OK. I stuck it out. Not great but OK.
                    I wish I would of brought my firestick with me.
                    GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
                      I wish I would of brought my firestick with me.
                      I'd guess they're widely available in Japan.

Comment

Let me know what you think of the full season of Helstrom when you're done.
                        Bailed on Helstrom. After 5 or 6 episodes, it seemed like it was going to be a rinse and repeat.

Finished Tin Star. It had a few episodes in S2 that weren't done very well, but it finished pretty strong.

Comment

• The OG Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy BBC adaptation

Goodness gracious, I forgot how great this is

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                            The OG Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy BBC adaptation

how/where are you watching it.
                            i noticed a few months back that the episodes where on standard Youtube and thought about re-watching it.

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                            Bailed on Helstrom. After 5 or 6 episodes, it seemed like it was going to be a rinse and repeat.

Finished Tin Star. It had a few episodes in S2 that weren't done very well, but it finished pretty strong.
                            I toughed it out. It was OK.

I thought Tin Star was very good. S3 starts 12/10 in Europe on Sky Atlantic. Looks like they'll dump all eps on Sky OD at once, so should be dropped on Amazon shortly after if not at the same time.

If you didn't already know, S3 takes them back to England. Looks amped.

<iframe width="500" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VINiNVJJIH4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Yup, Youtube still has them

Comment

• New season of the Crown is lit.

Chick playing Lady Diana does it for me. I would be crude but don't want to disappoint whiskey so I'll put it this way.

I would eagerly go through a sufficient courtship with her, followed by a short albeit acceptable engagement, marry in a beautiful Catholic church (with the full Mass), and spend the rest of my life honoring her and having many many many children.
                                Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                  New season of the Crown is lit.

Chick playing Lady Diana does it for me. I would be crude but don't want to disappoint whiskey so I'll put it this way.

I would eagerly go through a sufficient courtship with her, followed by a short albeit acceptable engagement, marry in a beautiful Catholic church (with the full Mass), and spend the rest of my life honoring her and having many many many children.
                                  Corin is hot. She was in Pennyworth, and in a few eps of Grantchester I think.

I'll still take Gillian over her. Wouldn't need the courtship or engagement.

Comment

• Has anyone watched The Handmaid's Tale? It looks interesting and worth watching, but I've gotten totally conflicting opinions of it from various people. A couple of people told me it was great, but someone else said they found it to be very preachy and dull.
                                    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                      Has anyone watched The Handmaid's Tale? It looks interesting and worth watching, but I've gotten totally conflicting opinions of it from various people. A couple of people told me it was great, but someone else said they found it to be very preachy and dull.
                                      Super duper preachy and dull.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofOahu View Post
                                        Dexter was a really entertaining show. Courtney Ford and Jaime Murray have some, um... exciting parts, too.
                                        I'm nearing the end of season 7. The "Argentina" episode is next. Holy cow, Yvonne Strahovski in this season is smoking hot. Best looking woman on the show yet.

Comment

• Frankly catching up on some stuff. I was just watching the MacGyver reboot. I actually kinda like it. Perhaps it is because I can follow it better now than I could the original series.

Comment

The OG Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy BBC adaptation

I saw the film and it was great, but I have always heard great things about the BBC adaptation. Who was in it?

Comment

• If you have not tried it, I suggest the show Black Sails. It was on STARZ for about four years, so I watched it there, but I would still recommend it.

Comment

Has anyone watched The Handmaid's Tale? It looks interesting and worth watching, but I've gotten totally conflicting opinions of it from various people. A couple of people told me it was great, but someone else said they found it to be very preachy and dull.
                                                I liked S1 better than those that followed. I've stuck with it, and like that they seem to be looking outside Gilead.

Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                I'm nearing the end of season 7. The "Argentina" episode is next. Holy cow, Yvonne Strahovski in this season is smoking hot. Best looking woman on the show yet.
                                                YS is in H'sT too. I liked Benz the best in Dexter. YS is still smokin'.

I'm stoked for the reboot. I read something that suggested YS is a likely a part of the cast.

Originally posted by philipm31 View Post
                                                If you have not tried it, I suggest the show Black Sails. It was on STARZ for about four years, so I watched it there, but I would still recommend it.
                                                Great show. There was talk at some point about a spin off or reboot, but haven't heard anything of late. Lots of great characters they could explore. IIRC, they thought abut a Treasure Island type narrative.

Comment

I liked S1 better than those that followed. I've stuck with it, and like that they seem to be looking outside Gilead.

I'm stoked for the reboot. I read something that suggested YS is a likely a part of the cast.

Great show. There was talk at some point about a spin off or reboot, but haven't heard anything of late. Lots of great characters they could explore. IIRC, they thought abut a Treasure Island type narrative.
                                                  Technically, it was supposed to be a prequel of sorts to the book. I would be interested in that, but many of the characters that I followed have already died, so I am not sure about a spinoff and a reboot might be a little rushed based on the fact that it JUST ended.

Fabulous show nonetheless, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by philipm31 View Post
                                                    Technically, it was supposed to be a prequel of sorts to the book. I would be interested in that, but many of the characters that I followed have already died, so I am not sure about a spinoff and a reboot might be a little rushed based on the fact that it JUST ended.

Fabulous show nonetheless, though.
                                                    It's been almost 4 years so not JUST lol.

Still enough characters left to make a show. Bring in a few new leads of course, and surround them with folks from the original. Do the Treasure Island type storyline or something near.

Comment

Benz was very cute. Hated to see her written out, but Dexter needed to go down other paths. I'm looking forward to the reboot and hope you're right about YS being in it. I like her character and she's very easy on the eyes.

Comment

Benz was very cute. Hated to see her written out, but Dexter needed to go down other paths. I'm looking forward to the reboot and hope you're right about YS being in it. I like her character and she's very easy on the eyes.
                                                        I'm hoping we'll see most of the living cast back, plus Deb in some dream type sequences. Given it's a one season reboot, wouldn't doubt to see some big names added.

Not sure how they will pull it off. I can't imagine they keep him Alaska. If he goes back to Miami, he'll be wanted? Anyway, should have some good twists. I just hope they go out and get a solid bad guy.

Comment

• Just saw Coyote has been moved to CBS All Access from Paramount. I'll still watch, but bummed it won't get a national audience due to moving to a pay service. Love Chiklis

<iframe width="500" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J7oSKDJRbVA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

It's been almost 4 years so not JUST lol.

Still enough characters left to make a show. Bring in a few new leads of course, and surround them with folks from the original. Do the Treasure Island type storyline or something near.
                                                            This is true, but my faves are all still dead lol.

I am a little bummed it has been gone for your years. I loved that show. The music was always pumping me up.

Bear McCready is a musical genius bc anything that makes me NOT realize or care that Michael Bay was a producer on the show is always welcome :D

Comment

This is true, but my faves are all still dead lol.

I am a little bummed it has been gone for your years. I loved that show. The music was always pumping me up.

Bear McCready is a musical genius bc anything that makes me NOT realize or care that Michael Bay was a producer on the show is always welcome :D
                                                              I really liked Teach (Stevenson) and Vane (McGowan).

I'd love a prequel about Teach.

Overall, there are enough characters left, and some great, but lesser known (to the US) Euro actors that could easily fill out a top notch cast for a sequel/reboot.

But yes, depressing it's been gone that long. I'm now getting the itch to do a rewatch.

Comment

I really liked Teach (Stevenson) and Vane (McGowan).

I'd love a prequel about Teach.

Overall, there are enough characters left, and some great, but lesser known (to the US) Euro actors that could easily fill out a top notch cast for a sequel/reboot.

But yes, depressing it's been gone that long. I'm now getting the itch to do a rewatch.
                                                                Oh that is true on all counts.

Not sure we need a prequel to the prequel to Treasure Island though. But yeah, that cast was AMAZING. Superb cast all around.

Comment

Oh that is true on all counts.

Not sure we need a prequel to the prequel to Treasure Island though. But yeah, that cast was AMAZING. Superb cast all around.
                                                                  Give me a prequel on Teach all day long. Love Stevenson, and his character. I'd be more jazzed about that than a sequel.

Comment

• Watched a doc on Showtime (I think) this AM called The Bee Gees: How to Mend a Broken Heart. Was surprisingly very good.

I was in the camp of Steve Dahl's Disco Sucks movement (which they covered) even as a little kid, but full disclosure, totally loved Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. The Doc went through their early rise, breakup, return, Saturday Night Live mega group status, fall, song writing years, etc.. Just very well done.

Learned several things I had zero clue about. Didn't know it was Clapton who spurred them to go to Miami to rethink their sound when they got back together. They actually went to 461 Ocean Boulevard (where Clapton went, and the title of his album). Also went to France later to follow in Elton John's Honky Chateau footsteps (IMO, his best album). Also thought they had always done falsetto, but that came later. And, first group to use a drum track?

Even if you're a disco sucks person, worth a watch.

Comment

• I'm on episode 4 of The Night Manager. It's fun so far, but...well there's no way around it. The show/characters are much dumber than the ones in the Karla trilogy. One of the really great things about those BBC miniseries with Alec Guinness as Smiley is that they didn't dumb it all down for us. An invoice with Sarin Gas on it? Lol that was pretty ridiculous. And a couple other things too, but no need to get very far in it.

I've not read the more contemporary Le Carre novels, but I thought A Most Wanted Man was an excellent Le Carre spy film set in modern day. Heck even, Our Kind of Traitor was solid imo (but I def watched on a plane so it's possible I missed a lot).

Comment

• Watching season 7 of American Horror Story Cult and I think it's likely the best season yet of it. Since it's an anthology I would highly recommend to everyone.

It really highlights that some people just want to cause chaos no matter their political beliefs. It also shows how a lot of people can get caught up in the Antifa line of thinking.

tldr: If you want to watch a bunch of people who say they're leftists go crazy watch this lmao

Comment

I'm on episode 4 of The Night Manager. It's fun so far, but...well there's no way around it. The show/characters are much dumber than the ones in the Karla trilogy. One of the really great things about those BBC miniseries with Alec Guinness as Smiley is that they didn't dumb it all down for us. An invoice with Sarin Gas on it? Lol that was pretty ridiculous. And a couple other things too, but no need to get very far in it.

I've not read the more contemporary Le Carre novels, but I thought A Most Wanted Man was an excellent Le Carre spy film set in modern day. Heck even, Our Kind of Traitor was solid imo (but I def watched on a plane so it's possible I missed a lot).
                                                                          Surprised they didn't make the full Smiley vs Karla trilogy (back then or now). I think they made #3 skipping #2, or something like that. I liked the NM, but wasn't overly impressed. Same with LDG.

Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
                                                                          Watching season 7 of American Horror Story Cult and I think it's likely the best season yet of it. Since it's an anthology I would highly recommend to everyone.

It really highlights that some people just want to cause chaos no matter their political beliefs. It also shows how a lot of people can get caught up in the Antifa line of thinking.

tldr: If you want to watch a bunch of people who say they're leftists go crazy watch this lmao
                                                                          I've stayed with the series, but IMO, it went downhill after the first couple of seasons. They try way too hard at "messaging". Last couple seasons are weak as hell. Just not a lot of "horror"..

Comment

Surprised they didn't make the full Smiley vs Karla trilogy (back then or now). I think they made #3 skipping #2, or something like that. I liked the NM, but wasn't overly impressed. Same with LDG.

I've stayed with the series, but IMO, it went downhill after the first couple of seasons. They try way too hard at "messaging". Last couple seasons are weak as hell. Just not a lot of "horror"..
                                                                            Yep, I've been watching it with the GF. Season 2 was a standout, but I agree it went sharply downhill in the middle seasons.

Comment

Well they skipped #2 because Smiley is hardly in it. It's too bad, because I loved that book, but an adaptation wouldn't really bring many people in.

Comment

Well they skipped #2 because Smiley is hardly in it. It's too bad, because I loved that book, but an adaptation wouldn't really bring many people in.
                                                                                After I posted, I googled. Seems they skipped #2 because the cost was too high to film in Asia.

Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
                                                                                Yep, I've been watching it with the GF. Season 2 was a standout, but I agree it went sharply downhill in the middle seasons.
                                                                                I think the cast has fallen off too. Or at least many of the good actors (or ones I like) are either not around anymore, or used very little.

Comment

• Just finished watching Queens Gambit on Netflix. About a young orphan girl who turns into a chess prodigy and becomes world champion at age 20. A little off what I normally watch, but it wasn't bad. Not great, but viewable.

Comment

• Raised by Wolves on HBOMax.

Pure Ridley Scott.

Comment

Just finished watching Queens Gambit on Netflix. About a young orphan girl who turns into a chess prodigy and becomes world champion at age 20. A little off what I normally watch, but it wasn't bad. Not great, but viewable.
                                                                                      I watched it recently and really liked it. Anya Taylor-Joy is so unusual looking, but did a good job with the role. One of the few chess movies/shows to ever get it right.

Comment

I watched it recently and really liked it. Anya Taylor-Joy is so unusual looking, but did a good job with the role. One of the few chess movies/shows to ever get it right.
                                                                                        Her eyes are far apart. If they were closer together, she would be pretty hot.

Comment

Her eyes are far apart. If they were closer together, she would be pretty hot.
                                                                                          Yeah, they're so far apart that she almost looks like an alien. She herself has said that she's too weird looking to be a movie star. I still think she's hot. Certainly very unusual looking, though.

Comment

Yeah, they're so far apart that she almost looks like an alien. She herself has said that she's too weird looking to be a movie star. I still think she's hot. Certainly very unusual looking, though.
                                                                                            I've always envied Captain Kirk, so sign me up for the alien....

Comment

I've always envied Captain Kirk, so sign me up for the alien....
                                                                                              So you're saying you'd like to go where no man's gone before?

Comment

Bravo!

Comment

yup.... give me Marta, the green chick, or Shahna the chick with green hair... Kirk had so hot chicks were simply out of this world...

Comment

I like where your head's at. You certainly seem like the kind of guy who'd be down to get his bishop polished.

Comment

Watched the first of two episodes of "The 93 victims of Samuel Little" on Investigation Discovery channel. E2 airs tonight. Everyone knows about Dahmer, Gacy, Bundy, etc., but this dude has to be the most prolific serial killer in U.S. history. Killed them all with his bare hands. Dude had an arrest record that would fill a filing cabinet, yet he never served any extensive prison time.
                                                                                                      Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                                                                      I'm in the middle of episode 1. Fascinating and amazing. Dude's got a serious memory and recalls countless details of all 93 murders. I found an article saying it was a 4-hour documentary and the first 2 episodes add up to just under 3 hours, so I assume there will be an episode 3. Hard to figure him out and get a grasp of what turned him into a monster. Interesting show, that's for sure.
                                                                                                      Little passed away yesterday at the age of 80 while serving a life sentence in California. A cause of death hasn't been announced, but he had diabetes, heart trouble and other health issues. Having killed 93 people, he appears to have been the most prolific serial killer in US history.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X