Freezageddon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezageddon

So what are you doing/dealing with with this amazing weather situation?
    Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

I feel for you guys, please be safe, I said it before, and not to be a dick or make fun... but I was doing yard work by the pool in shorts and a t shirt at 3 in the afternoon yesterday... high 60's low 70's today...

but the flip will be in six months when it's 110 here and y'all are enjoying 70 degrees...
    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

I'll probably take the kids to the park.
      60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

at least it was partly sunny this morning...

Comment

Dear lord... the Sun Bowl was unreal (like 'never experienced anything like it' cold) and I don't think it was anywhere near 16 degrees,... let alone -16... can't even imagine.
          Last edited by ACamp1900; 01-06-2014, 02:46 PM.
          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Suck it up, men. Cover your skin and if you don't have a beard, grow one. It's amazing how much warmer you'll be when your face has its natural blanket.

Comment

Originally posted by mgriff View Post
              Suck it up, men. Cover your skin and if you don't have a beard, grow one. It's amazing how much warmer you'll be when your face has its natural blanket.
              It was my Navy reserve weekend this past weekend, so I'm cleanly shaved now. I wish I had the beard I had back in Afghanistan right now.

Comment

Originally posted by connor_in View Post
                So what are you doing/dealing with with this amazing weather situation?
                chillin'

Comment

Gonna get ugly up here in NH. 50 degrees and a lot of rain today, freezing overnight with a high of 11 tomorrow. Ice will prob cause a number of accidents.
                  The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

Me? I'm watching my gas meter spin like crazy just to keep me a toasty 64. It was 24 below when I woke up and we'll "warm" up to a balmy 14 below.

I warm my hands with the warm air vented from my computer.

I stepped outside and did the throwing boiling water in the air trick while making my morning coffee. It's fascinating. There's a quick, soft pop and the water turns into a mist immediately. Not a drop hits the ground.

I ain't goin' nowhere till Wednesday when it's 4 above. I'll brook no pissin' and moanin' from anyone with temps above 0.

Comment

No work today, no work tomorrow. I'm taking comfort in being able to drink and stay up to watch the game tonight. That's a bonus.

Comment

Here in Indy, it started out at a balmy -11 with a high of a hot -9. Lost power for about an hour. Fortunately it only got down to 60 in the house.

The snows so high the dog had to bury her ass in the snow just to leave a dump.

Comment

You have no idea how much we're enjoying being warmer (34 above this morning), than most of the Lower 48. Seriously though, don't drive unless you absolutely have to, and if you have to, ensure you have jumper cables and blankets in your car, and that your cell phone is charged. Temps like those many of you are experiencing are life-threatening. Be safe.

Comment

Other than shoveling some snow before wind chills drop to -30 or worse, I'm staying warm while I wait for tonight's game to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                              Here in Indy, it started out at a balmy -11 with a high of a hot -9. Lost power for about an hour. Fortunately it only got down to 60 in the house.

The snows so high the dog had to bury her ass in the snow just to leave a dump.
                              Power was out at my house for a couple hours or so, just came back on.

Comment

Working...
                              X