This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
    I was considering buying a PS5 whenever they announced GTA6...now I'll definitely be buying one at some point.
    Great system. I bought for my son and I was amazed.
    Last edited by TNUtoNotreDame; 02-02-2021, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• anyone have an occulus quest 2? my wife wanted one so we ordered one....., i'm not big into gaming although our kids are....pretty amazing how you are "in" the game....def a fan
      EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• Welp looks like I’ll be buying a ps5 eventually. I’m pumped for this

Comment

• "Over 100 teams will be in the game"

That is suspiciously different than "all 130 DI FBS teams will be in the game."

That means there are holdouts.

And I bet ND is currently one of the licensing holdouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meatloaf View Post
            IT'S HAPPENING THIS IS NOT A DRILL

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For those who never stopped believing...<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EASPORTSCollegeFootball?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc %5Etfw">#EASPORTSCollegeFootball</a> <a href="https://t.co/2vDUYnbXEJ">pic.twitter.com/2vDUYnbXEJ</a></p>&mdash; EA SPORTS (@EASPORTS) <a href="https://twitter.com/EASPORTS/status/1356644353901539342?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
            ... going to stand in line to get a PS5!
            GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
              "Over 100 teams will be in the game"

They're working with the CLC, of which not every CFB school is a member. Unfortunately, it looks like you may be right about ND, as they are not listed as a clc member:

https://clc.com/wp-content/uploads/2...nuary-2020.pdf\

EDIT: Some other notable teams I don't see here: USC, Ohio State, Oregon and UGA
              Last edited by Meatloaf; 02-02-2021, 01:19 PM.

Comment

They're working with the CLC, of which not every CFB school is a member. Unfortunately, it looks like you may be right about ND, as they are not listed as a clc member:

EDIT: Some other notable teams I don't see here: USC, Ohio State, Oregon and UGA
                Didn't see Indiana on there either unless I missed them.
                GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Alright alums...now is your time to shine. Withhold donations until ND joins the CLC.
                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Just saw the news. I'm so happy! Football is coming back!

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                      "Over 100 teams will be in the game"

DING DING DING!!!

Comment

• I can't see them holding out permanently, if at all. ND has always been in NCAA Football, I remember back in '98 when they had their own logo/license printed on the back of the game. Always thought that was cool, ND being in a class by itself. I think they'llget them included somehow.

Comment

• I just emailed one of the EA reps. I asked if there's any chance ND gets included. I don't expect to hear anything commiting on an answer, but if I do hear back I'll let y'all know.

Comment

• ND was always in the game despite not being part of the CLC. They would always have their own logo on the load screen because they would be negotiated independently. I would expect the same with this as well. No way ND wouldn't want to be included if the other major players are in the game.

Comment

• I think I’m getting fatigued by AC Valhalla. Idk if it’s bigger than previous games, or traversing the map is more of a chore, or if maybe I’m just old and playing too sporadically, but it just feels so biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig. So many points of interest to explore in each territory, so many things to do, and it feels like a chore at times.

I feel like I have ~100 hours into this game, and I’ve probably explored only 50% of the map. This would be a good thing to me if it were Origins or even Odyssey, which I loved. I’d be thrilled to have so much game left to explore. But I haven’t even completed a single area to 100%, which is NOT how I usually play an AC game. I usually play as if I have OCD, and have to grab every collectible and finish every side mission before I move on. But with Valhalla, I just kind of do things if they’re on my way. If not, maybe I’ll come back later if I want the platinum trophy... or maybe I won’t.

Having said that, I DO enjoy the game. The side missions are less fluff than the constant fetch quests the previous two games had. They have interesting variety in both mechanics and story for characters you’ll only experience for 5 minutes. The combat is nice, though not as polished as Odyssey. But I do like how the heavy weapons feel once you master a good pair (two-handed axe and a spear for me). And the main story is interesting, and much more linear than Odyssey’s, which is nice.

I think maybe I just don’t have the gaming stamina that I once did.

Comment

• Been breaking in the Raspberry Pi I made over the holidays. Played through Dragon Quest 2 and 3, working on 4 now. Those are all games in the series that I never got around to finishing. It's interesting to see how far the series has come in 35 years, but it's also neat to see how they tied into XI with backstories and call backs.

I'm breaking back into Breath of the Wild too, took a bit of a hiatus for awhile. I wanted to make some money by bowling so I could buy that house in Hameto Village, so I went NW. Apparently I went the wrong way though, because I didn't have the cold weather armor set from Rito yet, so I had to chug pepper food to make it to the tower nearby and then down the mountain. It was a bit dicey there for a bit, was on my last pepper steak before I got to Rito and the temperature came back down lol. That Ridgeland Tower was a bit of a bitch to unlock too, had to clear all those floaty wand dudes and the lizards with the electricity in that pond. Keep in mind I don't have much in the way of weapons or armor, I've done very little since leaving the Great Plateau. I still think weapons break a little too soon, but there's no real shortage of them and I guess it keeps it interesting.

Other than that, we started playing some Smash Bros. Ultimate too. Had to get the Hero from DQ XI for that one, Sephiroth is fun too. I've enjoyed the Spirit grind, some of those Legend battles are interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X