• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
    I enjoy seeing Everton get run.
    Quoted without comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post

Quoted without comment.
      Yeah, so much from coming out and getting revenge for the Pickford/VD incident. Liverpool look uninspired for sure. Think I saw they have 57 points from their last 34 games (since the restart). One of the biggest drop offs I can remember from an elite team in any sport. They were unreal for that stretch. I’d be surprised if they don’t come back next year and challenge again though.
      "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• I don't know they were ever playing for revenge, but as Tim Howard said, those players know and it had to be on their minds what happened at Goodison.

Shit form. Too many injuries. 18 different centerback pairings this year and it isn't March yet. Shit officating in England. Quite a combination of things. The poor form is most surprising. It's very similar to Klopp's Dortmund team, however. Squad needs refreshing in a number of ways. Some tough decisions coming this summer.

You should not need fired up for a derby. I don't know if they play like that in front of fans at Anfield, but it doesn't matter. They'll have to come back next year without top four and will likely miss out on their top targets because of it. You have midfielders playing centerback and they're all getting injured too. That's on the ownership. Back the best manager you've had in a generation because he's your top asset. Just getting by isn't going to cut it anymore. City's subs the other day were astounding and that's been your bar now for 4 years. You can now look at the worst case scenario and go from there because it happened. Disaster of a season where little has broke your way.

Congrats to Everton though. If there was going to be a year, this was the one. Took massive injuries to Liverpool's squad, several hundred million in spending and a global pandemic to finally beat Liverpool this century. Looking forward to the DVD.

Liverpool season is a wash. Onto baseball. City, PSG or Juve need to win Europe at some point. I still think City get it. They look relentless again.
        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• 2012-13: Manchester United, 89 points Champions
          2013-14: Manchester United, 7th, 64 points

2014-15: Chelsea, 87 points Champions
          2015-16: Chelsea, 10th, 50 points

2015-16: Leicester, 81 points Champions
          2016-17: Leicester, 12th, 44 points

2019-20 Liverpool 99 points
          2020-21: TBD

Roberto Firmino needs a rest, but there really isn't anyone who can play in his place unless they change the formation. He's 30 years old and has played a lot of minutes in the last 3-4 years. Way too many miles on the tires.
          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• The father of Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker has died after drowning in a lake near his holiday home in southern Brazil on Wednesday, according to local police.
            FFS. What's next....

Incredibly awful. My God.

Comment

FFS. What's next....

Horrible tragedy. I feel terrible for him and his family.

Comment

FFS. What's next....

terrible news indeed. Liverpool proper cursed this year
                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Such a shit year. I mean, when you ask yourself "what's next", someone gets hurt or someone has a parent die. Come on.

To watch City right now, I have to go back and really appreciate the run that Liverpool went on for 2 1/2 years. A year ago Liverpool beat West Ham 3-2. It was a run that capped 35 wins and 1 draw in 36 matches over the span of one year. 106 points from 108. The greatest run in 132 years of top tier European football.

It took all of THAT to dethrone THIS City team.

Van Dijk - 29
                  Gomez - 25
                  Matip - 23
                  Keita - 22
                  Ox - 20
                  Jota - 17
                  Tsimikas - 17
                  Fabinho - 9
                  Shaqiri - 9
                  Milner - 9
                  Alisson - 8
                  Henderson - 5 (plus now 12 weeks)
                  Trent - 4
                  Mane - 3
                  Salah - 1

Games missed through injury this season. That's maddening.

Comment

• Steven Gerrard's Rangers have lost one match all year, 3-2 to St. Mirren in the Scottish League Cup.

26 wins, 4 draws, 0 losses in the league. Ubeaten in Europa League with 9 wins, 2 draws, 0 losses and have moved onto the next knockout round.

Remarkable season.

Comment

Steven Gerrard's Rangers have lost one match all year, 3-2 to St. Mirren in the Scottish League Cup.

26 wins, 4 draws, 0 losses in the league. Ubeaten in Europa League with 9 wins, 2 draws, 0 losses and have moved onto the next knockout round.

Remarkable season.
                      Nice to see some competition up in Scotland. I hope for his sake he doesn't make the jump to the first EPL team that offers him a job and actually waits for the right opportunity. I am sure there will be a few calls this summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post

Nice to see some competition up in Scotland. I hope for his sake he doesn't make the jump to the first EPL team that offers him a job and actually waits for the right opportunity. I am sure there will be a few calls this summer.
                        I hope Fat Frank goes to Celtic and Stevie hangs around to kick his ass.

Comment

• RedBird Capital will acquire a 10% stake in FSG for $750M. RedBird are majority owners in Toulouse FC & American Football League XFL. They’ve put lots of money into both projects.
                          Let's hope this is the start of good things to come for the summer and beyond. Liverpool's net spend since 2016 is less than Sheffield, Brighton and some other bottom half of the table clubs in the PL right now. You won't compete with Citah this way long term.

Chelsea are set to drop another $300M this summer, too, reportedly.

Comment

Let's hope this is the start of good things to come for the summer and beyond. Liverpool's net spend since 2016 is less than Sheffield, Brighton and some other bottom half of the table clubs in the PL right now. You won't compete with Citah this way long term.

Chelsea are set to drop another $300M this summer, too, reportedly.
                            It was reported that Tuchel gets to break the bank for a signing, most think he'll go after Haaland (along with quite a few other clubs).

Comment

• Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post

It was reported that Tuchel gets to break the bank for a signing, most think he'll go after Haaland (along with quite a few other clubs).
                              I think everyone wants him, though, if we're being honest. He's going to cost a fortune, too.

MBappe has said he only wants to play left wing wherever he goes. Should be an interesting summer.

Personally, I like Patson Daka and Donyell Malen. Both are 22 years old and can be had for far less. Can play across the front three. Young, hungry talents.

Comment

I think everyone wants him, though, if we're being honest. He's going to cost a fortune, too.

MBappe has said he only wants to play left wing wherever he goes. Should be an interesting summer.

Personally, I like Patson Daka and Donyell Malen. Both are 22 years old and can be had for far less. Can play across the front three. Young, hungry talents.
                                I've seen Antony from Ajax get a lot of hype too. Pace for days.

Comment

Working...
                                X