Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Soccer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Everything Soccer

    I know some of you care so here it is.

    AS Roma vs. Shakhtar Donetsk
    AC Milan vs. Tottenham Hotspur
    Valencia vs. FC Shalke
    Inter Milan vs. Bayern Munich
    Lyon vs. Real Madrid
    Arsenal vs. Barcelona
    Marseille vs. Manchester United
    Copenhagen vs. Chelsea

    Obviously Chelsea has a really easy first round. Arsenal better figure some things out before they play Barcelona. First leg is February 15 or 16 and February 22 or 23. Second leg is March 8 or 9 and March 15 or 16. I am liking the Manchester United draw. haha

  • #2
    I totally forgot that draw was today, thanks for posting IHMM. The Roma - Shaktar matchup took two away from a lot of teams "want to play list." Same with the Valencia - Schalke draw.

    Amazing how Man U and Chelsea always seem to get these "draws"...

    As an Arsenal fan, that's the last team I wanted to see the Gunners play. As poorly as they're playing right now, Barcelona would roll home and away if they played soon. With the transfer window coming soon, who knows the form they'll be in when they play in January though.

    How about the 2010 finals rematch of Inter vs Bayern??? Very interesting!
    I'm kind of a big deal

    Comment


    • #3
      Let's go AC!!!! **** Inter. That reminds me, I need to buy another icon.

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh wtf no Serie A?? I call shenanigans.

        Comment


        • #5
          Lyon-Real Madrid should be a good one. Arsenal-Barca will be nice as well.

          Comment


          • #6
            When does the Scottish Cup start again???


            Me Bohys aint' had much luck in Europe since Strachan left and Mowbry just dismantled the entire team...
            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think it's hysterical that Arsenal got Barca. One of their players said that they wanted Barca--well, here you go!

              My Reds are stuck in Europa, for a few more years at least.

              Comment


              • #8
                Inter and Bayern looks like a hell of a draw though
                This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                  Inter and Bayern looks like a hell of a draw though
                  Yup. That's the one I can't wait to watch. Only time I will ever root for the Germans.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                    Inter and Bayern looks like a hell of a draw though
                    I have to agree with you there.

                    Inter is struggling, regardless of their performance in the Club World Cup. Maybe it's a sign that their form is returning, but those injuries have really depleted the squad. They most likely won't win Serie A, far too much ground to make up, so they should be focusing on Champions League football.

                    Bayern is doing equally atrocious in league play, so it would seem likely that they only have Champions League football to play for.

                    Two squads performing poorly in their domestic leagues should lead to a crucial match-up for validation of both clubs.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think Arsenal could actually play Barca well. They need Fabregas to get healthy before sending him off to Barca next year. They have the pieces, they just need to learn how to put the puzzle together. I see Barca, at some point, drop in form. They are playing amazingly lately and I just don't see it continuing like that.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                        Yup. That's the one I can't wait to watch. Only time I will ever root for the Germans.
                        sh!t and puke... I can't stand certain players on either squad... sure the soccer fans in the room know who I am talking about.

                        Originally posted by mgriff View Post
                        I have to agree with you there.

                        Inter is struggling, regardless of their performance in the Club World Cup. Maybe it's a sign that their form is returning, but those injuries have really depleted the squad. They most likely won't win Serie A, far too much ground to make up, so they should be focusing on Champions League football.

                        Bayern is doing equally atrocious in league play, so it would seem likely that they only have Champions League football to play for.

                        Two squads performing poorly in their domestic leagues should lead to a crucial match-up for validation of both clubs.
                        Yeah, but you know how it goes...

                        Form is temporary, class is premanent... you never know when class is gonna show back up I guess...
                        This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The bottome line is... F Champions League... Celtic never cared about it since Stein and the Lysbon Lions Dominated the silly little tourney in the late 60's... (Only Quadruple winner in history Bohys)

                          Sky Sports better show some Scottish Cup this year... Damned English Whores.
                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                            The bottome line is... F Champions League... Celtic never cared about it since Stein and the Lysbon Lions Dominated the silly little tourney in the late 60's... (Only Quadruple winner in history Bohys)

                            Sky Sports better show some Scottish Cup this year... Damned English Whores.
                            If we don't care about the Champions League then I'm sure it will be news to you that Rangers were eliminated. :)
                            I'm kind of a big deal

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              As a supporter of none of these teams but mostly an EPL follower, I find the AC Milan v Spurs matchup interesting. Inter Milan aren't doing as well this year because Mourinho left and their manager is Rafa Benitez, who will be sacked soon enough in my opinion. Bayern Munich should win that matchup, and I think Arjen Robben just returned from injury.

                              Now, I'm always keeping an eye on Harry Redknapp at Spurs. He's the leading successor to replace Fabio Capello for the England job after Euro 2012, so he will be coaching England probably at the next World Cup (I know, it's far away but you have to think long term sometimes!).

                              I'm just interested to see how Harry tactically plays these big-time teams, and as an England fan, I'm generally interested to see how he does.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X