"Sources inside the Gug are feeling good here"

Comment

Loy'd

Comment

BVG is a great teacher

Comment

Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
            The poors
            Who brought that? I know I've said it a thousand times thanks to the MB

Comment

Originally posted by Meatloaf View Post
              Loy'd
              I second this.

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                Who brought that? I know I've said it a thousand times thanks to the MB
                Wooly I believe

Comment

Wooly I believe
                  Wiz? I Remer seeing it from both in the same day for the 1st time.
                  #TeamKizer

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                    I could be wrong. Maybe Wooly was just the first one I saw say it.

Comment

Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                        For shame. Never give Wiz credit for my musings.

He is a poor, but he didn't coin the phrase.
                        Originally posted by koonja
                        I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

I could be wrong. Maybe Wooly was just the first one I saw say it.
                          Was definitely Wooly.

Comment

"The poors" has been on the Shag for several years, and I'm sure they stole it from someone else. No idea who brought it to IE though.

Comment

loy'd
                              EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

I think this was the first instance of "for the poors."

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                Ellio's is only eaten by the Poor's...
                                Interestingly, improper apostrophe use is definitely #ForThePoors.

Comment

Also would like to see a nomination for "brown people". Not sure who gets credit.
                                  Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

Comment

Originally posted by irishnd31 View Post
                                    Also would like to see a nomination for "brown people". Not sure who gets credit.
                                    Has to be LA or Camp, right?

Comment

Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                                      Has to be LA or Camp, right?
                                      I think you're right. I'm leaning toward Camper tho.

Good call Wiz.
                                      Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

Comment

"Sources Inside the Gug" has to be it.

They bit us in the ass like 12 times over the past two recruiting classes. It's so bad that it is completely transparent at this point.

I tried pointing it out a while ago, but I believe it's a "source" at ND in cahoots with the recruiting services, pushing content and drumming up interest where there really shouldn't be any. Usually near the end of the recruiting cycle, when the sites realllllly want those new subs.

Recruiting Site: "Hey bro. We need something for the last month. It's been boring and the class is going to close pretty much as expected, but that's not good for biz and I need a few more subs for quota. Got 'anything' for me wink-wink, nudge-nudge???"

Source Inside the Gug: "Oooooh yeaahhhhhh, we REALLY feel good about JuJu Smith-Schuster, if you catch my drift LOL."

Recruiting Site: "Okay LOL, I'll just tweet it out and tell people that all signs point to the West Coast, but that you guys 'feel good' and act like there is some on-the-down-low, pertinent information. Suckers!"
                                        Last edited by IrishLion; 02-08-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

"Source?"

Comment

Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                                            I think this was the first instance of "for the poors."

Interestingly, improper apostrophe use is definitely #ForThePoors.
                                            Actually, if we go back just a bit further, we find the first instance of "poors" being used by GBDomer in 2013:

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                            All you poors should get rivals then huh?=]
                                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                              "The poors" has been on the Shag for several years, and I'm sure they stole it from someone else. No idea who brought it to IE though.
                                              ulukinatme trying to get "The Shag" to catch on here.

Comment

Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                                                ulukinatme trying to get "The Shag" to catch on here.
                                                Guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                  Actually, if we go back just a bit further, we find the first instance of "poors" being used by GBDomer in 2013:
                                                  Actually I found one that is slightly older I believe.

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                  My point with the MLS is that there are people who care about it, as crappy of a league as it is(It is like 7th best in the world, at best). I don't have a team so I don't have much of a dog in a fight for MLS vs NHL, I just can't stand when people say "Americans hate soccer" or "Soccer is for poors and Europeans" or something to that effect because it is the fastest growing sport in America. It isn't going anywhere either, so get used to it.

The English Premier League and the United States Men's National Team draw much higher TV ratings then any NHL games besides the Stanley Cup Finals.

If you haven't seen EPL, a Barcelona or a Real Madrid shirt, or a United States Jersey, you really haven't looked hard at all because they are all over the place.
                                                  This one is from 3 months earlier than that GB quote.

Comment

You guys are missing the spirit in trying to find "who did it first."

I think Wooly and Wiz need to share the honor of having started the true spirit of "For the Poors."

I particulary enjoy it because I came from a family of the Poors, and still like to live life like I'm of the Poors sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

I think Wooly and Wiz need to share the honor of having started the true spirit of "For the Poors."

I particulary enjoy it because I came from a family of the Poors, and still like to live life like I'm of the Poors sometimes.

Comment

If we're talking memes, I feel like Harambe should be in here too.

Comment

You get me.

I don't NEED to eat at Taco Bell when it's fancy dinner night... but sometimes I just gotta do it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                I knew I've said it before on many occasions. I didn't know this grew into a thing. Way to give it life Wooly

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                Working...
                                                                X