This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Envies

Is everyone ready for the return of the Irish Envy Envies? We'll use this thread for category nominations and general discussion. Tuesday night I will start threads for the individual categories we will vote on and those will be open for nominations until next Sunday. The voting will take place the following week and winners will be announced shortly after.

These are the Envies we've done in the past if anyone wants to check them out:
    http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2014-irishenvy-awards/
    http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2013-irishenvy-awards/
    http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2012-irishenvy-awards/
    http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2011-irishenvy-awards/
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-04-2017, 11:19 AM.

2016 Envies Categories:
    All Poster Team
    Football Thread of the Year
    Off Topic Thread of the Year
    Meme/Catch Phrase of the Year
    All Beer Team
    Rookie of the Year
    Insider of the Year
    Member of the Year
    Rivalry of the Year
    Hottest WAG
    Politician of the Year/Most Presidential
    Troll of the Year
    Poster Most Likely To Be Banned
    Mod of the Year
    Trinity Spirit Award
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-05-2017, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Yay!

Troll of the year

Most likely to get banned
      Last edited by GATTACA!; 02-04-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I think some of us are just okay with moving on from '16 and pretending like the year never happened.
        Originally posted by koonja
        I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

I vote myself for the "Most Valuable Poster Who Disappeared Unexpectedly"

Comment

Definitely glad to have these back. Necessary to offseason survival!
            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Best politician needs to be back too. In honor of it being an election year though I think we should call it the "Most Presidential" award.

Comment

Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                Best politician needs to be back too. In honor of it being an election year though I think we should call it the "Most Presidential" award.
                Whiskey or we riot.
                Originally posted by koonja
                I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                  Whiskey or we riot.
                  Whiskey is the favorite but LAX is right there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                    I vote myself for the "Most Valuable Poster Who Disappeared Unexpectedly"

You were gone?

Playing a character in SIX?

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                      Definitely glad to have these back. Necessary to offseason survival!
                      I second this, always a good time.

I nominate Allgator for poster of the year

Comment

I feel like this has lost its luster from past years...maybe because I don't post as much as I used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                          You were gone?

Poof. Gone. Disappeared. Vanished.

I'm a man of many characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                            Poof. Gone. Disappeared. Vanished.

I'm a man of many characters.

!@#$ come to mind

Comment

Vancouver is Rookie of the Year.
                              "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Hottest WAG?
                                http://irishtp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by IrishTP View Post
                                  Hottest WAG?
                                  WAG is always an uncomfortable category because I find it weird that guys are telling other guys their wives are smoking hot...

However, it needs to be in for the reason, my favorite thing is Koon saying his girl is a lock, posting pics then getting destroyed by someone else's woman... its hilarious

Comment

The WAG competition dropped it's popularity after year one when I won it (the irony being that I originally said I wouldn't be entering my girlfriend at the time into the competition). There were like 15 submissions that year. The next year only had three contestants and Calvegas blew Koon outta the water.

The shame was that everybody's girl was gorgeous in their own right, and admittedly the concept was kinda sheisty to the women who went neglected.
                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                      You were gone?

Psst. Walton Goggins.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaise View Post
                                        WAG is always an uncomfortable category because I find it weird that guys are telling other guys their wives are smoking hot...

However, it needs to be in for the reason, my favorite thing is Koon saying his girl is a lock, posting pics then getting destroyed by someone else's woman... its hilarious
                                        I could really blow that out of the water if I were given an exemption and could post my daughters. Three would make the finals. Why three when I have four daughters? One would so kick my ass if I tried that with her that it wouldn't be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
                                          I could really blow that out of the water if I were given an exemption and could post my daughters. Three would make the finals. Why three when I have four daughters? One would so kick my ass if I tried that with her that it wouldn't be funny.
                                          Amazing post... hahaha

Comment

Amazing post... hahaha
                                            People ask me why my older daughter scares me so much more than the others : to quote a guy I drank in the bar with when we were each going through divorces a while back, (when I asked him what scared him about his wife, when she always seemed so sweet,) he replied after contemplating his glass for a couple of seconds, "She's the kind of woman, when you piss her off, she doesn't say anything, anything at all. But, the next morning when you wake up, your dick is taped to your forehead!"

Comment

That's the only reason I suggested it.
                                              http://irishtp.com/

Comment

Gif of the year

Comment

Originally posted by IrishTP View Post
                                                  That's the only reason I suggested it.
                                                  She is NOT happy with your text. Really put me in the dog house on super bowl sunday. Thanks dick.

Comment

It NDVancouver doesnt win the Trinity Award then there should never be Envies again

Comment

What about a Chicken Little/Debbie Downer of the year to offset the Trinity? Might be one of the more hotly contested votes.

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                        What about a Chicken Little/Debbie Downer of the year to offset the Trinity? Might be one of the more hotly contested votes.
                                                        Ooh I like this one.

Comment

I'll just go ahead and nominate Crusader and NorthBuffaloIrish....

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky View Post
                                                            It NDVancouver doesnt win the Trinity Award then there should never be Envies again
                                                            I thought Vancouver was Trinity as the Holy Spirit.

Comment

I think I object to this one as I cant forget the Most Overated Poster one from a few years back. It was not a good idea IMO. This could be gery similar.
                                                              Last edited by Cackalacky; 02-05-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

How about the all contribution team? There are some guys that put out a lot for this board, especially when it comes to the recruiting threads.
                                                                GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
                                                                  How about the all contribution team? There are some guys that put out a lot for this board, especially when it comes to the recruiting threads.
                                                                  This is one I like a lot.
                                                                  One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

And the vBook?

Cough

Cough

Comment

I've been here 4+ years and post a lot, yet never won an Envie. It's because I'm a Bama fan, isn't it? Bunch of bigoted, misbamanistic, xenophobic, Nazi bastards! I get an award this year or there are gonna be riots and I swear I'll trash a Starbucks. No Envie, no peace!
                                                                      Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                                        I've been here 4+ years and post a lot, yet never won an Envie. It's because I'm a Bama fan, isn't it? Bunch of bigoted, misbamanistic, xenophobic, Nazi bastards! I get an award this year or there are gonna be riots and I swear I'll trash a Starbucks. No Envie, no peace!
                                                                        How about the Hillary Clinton "Under Sniper Fire" Award?

Comment

Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                                                          And the vBook?

Cough

Cough
                                                                          No my time is no where near the time spent by guys like Crusader!
                                                                          GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                                                            I feel like this has lost its luster from past years...maybe because I don't post as much as I used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                                            I thought we stopped doing these, because of all of the bitchin' and moaning about people not getting nominated, then the general complaining. Might be best just to list every posters handle that has posted in the last year in each poll. That way those whose feelings get hurt, will at least have a participation trophy.
                                                                            Last edited by Irish#1; 02-06-2017, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                              I thought we stopped doing these, because of all of the bitchin' and moaning about people not getting nominated, then the general complaining. Might be best just to list every posters handle that has posted in the last year. That way those whose feelings get hurt, will at least have a participation trophy.
                                                                              If my picks don't win, I riot.... #NotMyEnvies

Comment

• #40
                                                                                No my time is no where near the time spent by guys like Crusader!
                                                                                And you also can't forget all the greatness Koon adds to the board!
                                                                                GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  ndgradstudent or irishtrain/thread
                                                                                  EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                                    She is NOT happy with your text. Really put me in the dog house on super bowl sunday. Thanks dick.
                                                                                    Lmao. I wanna hear this story.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Cackalacky View Post
                                                                                      I think I object to this one as I cant forget the Most Overated Poster one from a few years back. It was not a good idea IMO. This could be gery similar.
                                                                                      what if the award was worded a bit differently, such as "least optimistic poster"?

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Are these votes straight majority are do we just an electoral college?
                                                                                        Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I would like to see an "IE Flag Football Team" award.

Nominate/Pick 6 posters that you'd want on your Flag Football team, and tell us why.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

Nominate/Pick 6 posters that you'd want on your Flag Football team, and tell us why.
                                                                                            Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

Comment

• #47

pkt, but only so that he can provide beer. ACamp to bring the bomb burritos & carne asada. Whiskey to give us a voice of reason. Cack to also bring food. I'll tag you too since you're pretty cool. Also gk to round out the team so I can "coach" from the sideline and drink beer.

Comment

• #48

Psh. I think it should be a tackle football team.

I'd kill all you old farts.

Comment

• #49

"...all you old farts."

I don't think you're much younger than me haha.

But yes, the rest of these old farts.

Comment

• #50

Hey I'm not that old...

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X