HCTI
    ACamp
    NDinLA
    Neutered
    Old Man Mike
    Jason Pham
    dshans
    Goshen Gipper
    a:9:{i:1304;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:1304;s:6:"nodeid";s:7:"2882114";s:5:"title";s:4:"BGIF";s:5:"votes";i:23;s:6:"voters";a:23:{i:0;s:4:"7712";i:1;s:4:"5326";i:2;s:4:"3676";i:3;s:4:"4887";i:4;s:4:"7834";i:5;s:4:"7553";i:6;s:4:"6747";i:7;s:4:"3704";i:8;s:4:"6543";i:9;s:4:"7977";i:10;s:4:"3138";i:11;s:4:"5485";i:12;s:4:"7500";i:13;s:4:"7532";i:14;s:4:"6190";i:15;s:4:"5298";i:16;s:4:"8636";i:17;s:4:"5177";i:18;s:4:"8487";i:19;s:4:"7727";i:20;s:4:"1482";i:21;s:4:"7331";i:22;s:4:"6154";}}i:1305;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:1305;s:6:"nodeid";s:7:"2882114";s:5:"title";s:16:"HereComeTheIrish";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:1306;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:1306;s:6:"nodeid";s:7:"2882114";s:5:"title";s:5:"ACamp";s:5:"votes";i:2;s:6:"voters";a:2:{i:0;s:4:"5728";i:1;s:4:"1594";}}i:1307;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:1307;s:6:"nodeid";s:7:"2882114";s:5:"title";s:6:"NDinLA";s:5:"votes";i:2;s:6:"voters";a:2:{i:0;s:4:"6038";i:1;s:4:"4656";}}i:1308;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:1308;s:6:"nodeid";s:7:"2882114";s:5:"title";s:14:"NeuteredDoomer";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:4:"7219";}}i:1309;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:1309;s:6:"nodeid";s:7:"2882114";s:5:"title";s:12:"Old Man Mike";s:5:"votes";i:9;s:6:"voters";a:9:{i:0;s:4:"2800";i:1;s:4:"6721";i:2;s:4:"7987";i:3;s:4:"7451";i:4;s:4:"5741";i:5;s:4:"7547";i:6;s:4:"7584";i:7;s:4:"7334";i:8;s:4:"7062";}}i:1310;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:1310;s:6:"nodeid";s:7:"2882114";s:5:"title";s:10:"Jason Pham";s:5:"votes";i:8;s:6:"voters";a:8:{i:0;s:4:"6527";i:1;s:4:"3472";i:2;s:4:"8215";i:3;s:4:"6787";i:4;s:4:"5251";i:5;s:4:"5353";i:6;s:4:"7585";i:7;s:4:"8075";}}i:1311;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:1311;s:6:"nodeid";s:7:"2882114";s:5:"title";s:6:"dshans";s:5:"votes";i:3;s:6:"voters";a:3:{i:0;s:4:"7616";i:1;s:4:"7469";i:2;s:4:"5234";}}i:1312;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:1312;s:6:"nodeid";s:7:"2882114";s:5:"title";s:13:"Goshen Gipper";s:5:"votes";i:17;s:6:"voters";a:17:{i:0;s:4:"5548";i:1;s:4:"1545";i:2;s:4:"4858";i:3;s:4:"7163";i:4;s:3:"259";i:5;s:4:"6157";i:6;s:4:"3223";i:7;s:4:"4004";i:8;s:4:"3861";i:9;s:4:"4789";i:10;s:4:"8492";i:11;s:4:"1289";i:12;s:4:"6390";i:13;s:4:"6062";i:14;s:4:"4960";i:15;s:4:"4898";i:16;s:4:"4078";}}}
    100.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 12-22-2011, 08:58 AM.

I this the Shawshank one? he he

Comment

I would add the bambi in this one.

Tie between BGIF & Bambi

Comment

Irishtrinity

Comment

NDinLA
          "raise her gold and blue and cheer with voices true"

Comment

PANDFAN for his work in, "Marcus Rios"

Comment

delete. Stupid phone.
              Last edited by greyhammer90; 12-21-2011, 04:10 PM.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by tko View Post
                PANDFAN for his work in, "Marcus Rios"
                Agree, but wrong thread me thinks.

Comment

So we aren't adding Bambi to the list?

Comment

GoshenGipper? I wasn't around when he helped to lift the site to where it is. I know he passed away years ago, but anyway, he popped into my head. RIP.

Comment

Three letters: O M M
                      "raise her gold and blue and cheer with voices true"

Comment

McGibblets for putting up the vBets.

Comment

BGIF or the deer.
                          sigpic

Comment

BGIF for the inaugural award.

Comment

JPham should be on the ballot.
                              This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

got to give it to old man mike

Comment

JPham should be on the ballot.
                                  +1

Comment

mlcspinner? Or not regular enough anymore?

Comment

O M M.....the man is a legend.
                                      "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

Big IF and Big J. This board would not exist if not for those 2.

Comment

JPHAM: he is the foundationstone.

BGIF: he is the reality anchor.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Mike View Post
                                            JPHAM: he is the foundationstone.

BGIF: he is the reality anchor.
                                            He knows what i'm talking about

Comment

BGIF. He's the OG IE Poster!
                                              The future of Fighting Irish football is looking bright!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sportallyr View Post
                                                BGIF. He's the OG IE Poster!
                                                Agree

Comment

I went with BGIF, but with all due respect, that was before I saw Goshen. He should be awarded it posthumously

Comment

BGIF starting to runaway with this one and rightfully so.

Comment

I voted for him.

Comment

I voted for him.
                                                        Speaking of voting and all things official, OMM-- can you tell us what it was like to vote when you had to own property to do so? Or even better, what it was like when people had to travel to places such as Bethlehem to be counted for the census??

Merry Christmas, OMM!

Comment

BGIF has been and always will be one of the best, if not THE BEST, poster's on this site. I've gotten into it a few times with the guy this past season but purely because of differing opinions.

All respect BGIF, congrats!!!

Comment

I do not what to underestimate all of the great posters on the list and their contributions to this site are immense. But I do feel the need to speak on the behalf of GoshenGipper.

From looking at the join dates of most of the people that have posted, it appears that GG was killed before most of you joined. While many people have contributed to IE, GG may have literally saved IE from the trash dump and we are all indebted to him. While we are enjoying the fruit of many posters efforts, I think nobody deserves this award more then GG.

Here are a couple of quotes from J Pham and BGIF

J Pham said in the GoshenGipper has left us thread
                                                            Link
                                                            Jimmy was also one of the mods that stuck around after the site shake-up and helped rebuild this community out of his love for Notre Dame football. He spent countless hours restoring profiles, adding in recruiting tidbits, and cleaning up the site. IrishEnvy would not be what it is nor where it is today without his efforts.

GG, you will be missed my friend. RIP.
                                                            BGIF said this in the History of IE thread
                                                            Link

Svo put this board up for sale and it was bought by a Canadian entrepenuer purely as an investment opportunity. Svo was to provide administrative assistance for some time period as part of the sale which he did but not under his own name. He used a clever nom de plume. Offically he left because of unspecified job or family demands on time. No details were provided. As people learned of the new absentee landlord with no interest in ND except making a buck off the site. Readership waned. A volunteer administrater Tiger something or other, turned out to be an MSU fan. He wasn't a troll but that didn't help. Then some mods and members took it upon themselves to trash the site "to get even with that Canadian guy". It wasn't prettty.
                                                            An underground pirate site was set up and many key IE member and mods migrated there. This place became a sewer. It got pretty ugly.
                                                            Enter GoshenGipper, an ND Subway Alum, who lead the charge to rebuild the site. He was tireless as a poster, mediator, moderator, and cheerleader. He died about 2 years ago in a automobile accident.
                                                            GG was truly beloved and worked tirelessly for this site and helped save it because of his love for ND.

Comment

^^^^ Great post!!!

You cannot go wrong voting for BGIF or Goshen Gipper. BGIF is literally a fountain of college football knowledge. I can't tell you how much I've learned from reading his posts. And he's a good guy too. Most definitely deserving of this award.

Goshen was a stud. I never got to speak with him, but one summer I took the time to read through his posts, and his parents' heartfelt thread explaining that he had passed away and how much he loved this place. That guy was as genuine as they come. Goshen was saintly in the way he dealt with people, and his positivity permeated this site. Wish I got the chance to meet him!

Should be a split vote!
                                                              sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

IMO it should be called the Goshen Gipper Lifetime Achievement Award.

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                                  This ^

Comment

I had a question from the Hog, so I guess I should answer it.

Regarding getting to vote and owning property. This never comes up in West Virginia, as we are a national park and we basically just set up our tents where we feel like it.

We DO have to go to Bethlehem to register though.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.

Comment

Couldn't agree more.

Comment

I could have sworn Golden said it would be called the GoshenGipper award in another thread.

Comment

How the hell did I end up on this list? Is someone trying to tell me that my life is all but over? Who the hell voted for me? What's wrong with you people?

Goshen Gipper should be the hands down, slam dunk winner.

Comment

dshans, your votes come from yourself [you were high and don't remember], the FBI, and the CIA. They're probably setting you up for something.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Agree with the award being named for GoshGipper.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                +1
                                                                                #TeamKizer

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  dshans, your votes come from yourself [you were high and don't remember], the FBI, and the CIA. They're probably setting you up for something.
                                                                                  Wait ... who said that? You talkin' to me? YOU TALKIN' TO ME???? It's a conspiracy, I tell ya. A damn conspiracy.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Everyone speaks so fondly of Goshen Gipper....is there a place I can read more about him. Or could you PM me a information on him? Sounds like the "newer" posters on here have missed the opportunity to know Goshen. If there is a lot of info from the older posters maybe a new thread? just a thought.
                                                                                    "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by NDFANnSouthWest View Post
                                                                                      Everyone speaks so fondly of Goshen Gipper....is there a place I can read more about him. Or could you PM me a information on him? Sounds like the "newer" posters on here have missed the opportunity to know Goshen. If there is a lot of info from the older posters maybe a new thread? just a thought.
                                                                                      I was in the same boat a few yrs ago, so I did some digging and found out a lot about him. What I did was look him up and read his posts. He was a great guy and did an incredible job keeping this place going (along with other mods). Also, here is a thread announcing his death:

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/lepr...er-killed.html
                                                                                      sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                                        I was in the same boat a few yrs ago, so I did some digging and found out a lot about him. What I did was look him up and read his posts. He was a great guy and did an incredible job keeping this place going (along with other mods). Also, here is a thread announcing his death:

Thanks for finding that. It was a terrible tragedy at the time and not a day goes by when I log in that I don't think about Jimmy. He was a really good kid, moderator and friend on the boards. RIP Gosh

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post

Thank you NDinL.A.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                          X