Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, seems like I get "500 Internal Server Error" as much as I get any page on here. Anything I can do to fix that?

Comment

• That's a generic error code, but basically you get that because the site isn't available at that particular moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishog77 View Post
        Also, seems like I get "500 Internal Server Error" as much as I get any page on here. Anything I can do to fix that?
        We've been having some issues that we believe are due to pages timing out. They usually work, but if a page is slow to pull up you might get the internal server error. We are still working out those bugs on our end.
        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

I'll see if that's a possibility. They are likely from before the transfer and the new feature doesn't know what to do with them.
          Thanks Beau. I've never had the auto subscribe checked since joining, and I don't think I've ever clicked subscribe on any individual threads. I'd hate to have to spend hours clicking unsubscribe just so the notification feature is usable.

Appreciate it, and good job you guys on everything so far. Getting better and better every day. For the first time I was able to bring it up on my phone. It's loading faster in general too from a nav perspective. Keep up the great work!
          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

Thanks Beau. I've never had the auto subscribe checked since joining, and I don't think I've ever clicked subscribe on any individual threads. I'd hate to have to spend hours clicking unsubscribe just so the notification feature is usable.

Appreciate it, and good job you guys on everything so far. Getting better and better every day. For the first time I was able to bring it up on my phone. It's loading faster in general too from a nav perspective. Keep up the great work!
            I'm up to something like 2000+ subscribed threads, I lost count lol.

That said, my Notifications button works much like the old User CP since all those threads are Subscribed. Anytime makes a comment in a thread I've replied to in the past it lets me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

I'm up to something like 2000+ subscribed threads, I lost count lol.

That said, my Notifications button works much like the old User CP since all those threads are Subscribed. Anytime makes a comment in a thread I've replied to in the past it lets me know.
              Yup. Like other boards though, now that we have the notification feature, I'd love to use it as (to see who's quoted/replied to you) intended. It was my one big "want" for IE. That, along with easier vid/pic/tweet posting.

Comment

• Is there a User Control Panel? Is there still a bank? Why do I need to log in every time I return even though I choose the remember me box? Is there an equivalent to old edition of the site where you could see last unread in a thread and it would bring you right to where you last were? Seems we now need to scroll to bottom of page 1 then click on last page. Just a few questions that I'd love to get answers to. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                  Is there a User Control Panel? Is there still a bank? Why do I need to log in every time I return even though I choose the remember me box? Is there an equivalent to old edition of the site where you could see last unread in a thread and it would bring you right to where you last were? Seems we now need to scroll to bottom of page 1 then click on last page. Just a few questions that I'd love to get answers to. Thanks.
                  Double Arrows pointed down just to the left of the thread title will take you to the new posts in that thread since your last visit.

Comment

• Me2SouthBend

Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                    Is there a User Control Panel? Is there still a bank? Why do I need to log in every time I return even though I choose the remember me box? Is there an equivalent to old edition of the site where you could see last unread in a thread and it would bring you right to where you last were? Seems we now need to scroll to bottom of page 1 then click on last page. Just a few questions that I'd love to get answers to. Thanks.

The Notifications are effectively the User Panel. If you have them turned on they'll take you to any subscribed threads that people have posted in. Notifications will also show you who has quoted you in a thread, which is a very nice edition, along with letting you know when someone pings your username for attention like I did at the beginning of your post. It seems like the the @ function is being a bit sketchy though, sometimes I can't use it in the middle of a thread it seems.

Comment

• Well this is interesting
                      like 7 eleven...not always doing business but always open....

Comment

• Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                        I think they are working on the nuts and bolts first, and stuff like reps, bank, and other bells and whistles are second priority. Doesn't look like they have reps turned on, nor some other functionality from a user experience perspective. I'm sure bells and whistles will come. I really don't know what to expect though until I know what version we've upgraded too.

hey BeauBenken , can you share what version of VBull you guys upgraded too.

by the way Me2SouthBend the call outs (using the @ sign plus user name) are new functionality that people can use to engage specific folks (they'll get a notification). As far as log in, I'm having no problem with auto-login after I checked the box. Are you using Chrome?

Comment

• BeauBenken disregard the VB question. I see we're all the way 5.6.4 at the bottom.

Comment

• Thanks all for the info. Irish YJ I believe I'm using Chrome.

Comment

• Testing new bb code
                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• New code works better. Shouldn't give us issues. *fingers crossed*

You should now either be able to post the ENTIRE link to the tweet or the URL ID (the numbers).

Note though that you may have to make sure you paste the link as plain text if you copy it from your search bar for the tweet. Also make sure it's the link just for that one tweet and not for the whole page.
                                Last edited by BeauBenken; 02-19-2021, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X