No announcement yet.

Testing New Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The front page logout issue should be fixed, the site should also be (slightly) more stable with (slightly) fewer long load times. We'll keep debugging it and keep you posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

I have had zero issues with the search tool when I use it. Anyone else who is having issues?
      I was having issues previously but just spent a few minutes utilizing it and it worked great.

Comment

• Someone had mentioned increasing the number of posts per page, and I figured out how to change that (sorry if it was resolved already).

1. Hit the dropdown at the top of the page under you username
        2. Go to 'User Settings'
        3. Go to the 'Account' tab
        4. Find 'Conversation Detail Options' --> 'Posts Per Page'
        5. Change it to '30 posts per page' if you like to do less page-turning

It will NOT allow you to save '40 posts per page' for some reason. Perhaps our theme or version of vBulletin can't handle it or doesn't allow it for some reason. But 30 per page is better than 15, imo

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
          Someone had mentioned increasing the number of posts per page, and I figured out how to change that (sorry if it was resolved already).

2. Go to 'User Settings'

It will NOT allow you to save '40 posts per page' for some reason. Perhaps our theme or version of vBulletin can't handle it or doesn't allow it for some reason. But 30 per page is better than 15, imo
          Thanks for the info. I had tried 40 and it didn't work. I didn't bother checking the others.

Comment

• Testing again:

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/SlimiHendrix/status/1364410536901943301[/TWITTER]

Comment

• Hey Everyone,

Some more database configurations and updates were made. The front page might still be a little slow to load, but should be faster than it has been. Moving around the site should be back to normal. Nobody should be getting randomly logged out at this point. The site might not be totally free of internal server errors or bugs, but it should be nothing close to what it has been over the past week. We're going to keep making fixes over the next couple weeks, and then will lay out a roadmap for the added features and site improvements.

Comment

• Site has been running smoothly today. Thanks Lax and team for the continued updates.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                  Hey Everyone,

Some more database configurations and updates were made. The front page might still be a little slow to load, but should be faster than it has been. Moving around the site should be back to normal. Nobody should be getting randomly logged out at this point. The site might not be totally free of internal server errors or bugs, but it should be nothing close to what it has been over the past week. We're going to keep making fixes over the next couple weeks, and then will lay out a roadmap for the added features and site improvements.

Great work guys!
                  Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

• Seems pretty normal for me in the speed of upload. Moving right along. Look forward to the continued improvements. Great work.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                      Hey Everyone,

I'm noticing improvements. Slow and steady wins the race.
                      Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

I'm noticing improvements. Slow and steady wins the race.
                        Another improvement Id like to see implemented is you removing that god awful sig pic. Based Mullet Kid haunts my nightmares lol
                        "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

Another improvement Id like to see implemented is you removing that god awful sig pic. Based Mullet Kid haunts my nightmares lol
                          You're just jealous because your wife won't let you grow yours back.

Comment

Someone had mentioned increasing the number of posts per page, and I figured out how to change that (sorry if it was resolved already).

2. Go to 'User Settings'

When I try this, I get "email address must match"
                            Never changed my email addy...

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

When I try this, I get "email address must match"
                              Never changed my email addy...
                              For some reason, it will auto-fill your email or password line when you try to save the settings for post count. It’s like the page script populates one of those fields automatically whenever you try to save new user settings. I had that issue last week. Just make sure you clear the field when you try to save the settings.

Comment

For some reason, it will auto-fill your email or password line when you try to save the settings for post count. It’s like the page script populates one of those fields automatically whenever you try to save new user settings. I had that issue last week. Just make sure you clear the field when you try to save the settings.
                                Figured it out.

I hit "Save" without noticing the auto-filled email field.
                                Tried to remove, and save again - couldn't get it to work - still (even when blank)
                                I killed my session, opened a new tab, tried again (removing the auto-fill) before hitting save - #worked

Love troubleshooting, sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X