No announcement yet.

Testing New Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last two days we are experiencing a lot more internal server errors, especially on the front page. This appears to be related to database and server issues. We've had a professional looking into it, but there isn't a timetable to fix it as they're currently troubleshooting what is causing the problems. I would hope that by the end of the week we have resumed some or all of these issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
      The last two days we are experiencing a lot more internal server errors, especially on the front page. This appears to be related to database and server issues. We've had a professional looking into it, but there isn't a timetable to fix it as they're currently troubleshooting what is causing the problems. I would hope that by the end of the week we have resumed some or all of these issues.
      Good to know I'm not the only one.. Keep up the good work Mods.

Comment

• Big improvement in the speed today.

Comment

• I tried to post earlier but received a time out after clicking "post reply"

Also, will there be a new posts button?
          Last edited by goldandblue; 02-23-2021, 05:24 PM.
          Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
            The Search Tool next to the banner looks awkward and does not appear to work anyways, would take it out for now
            I have had zero issues with the search tool when I use it. Anyone else who is having issues?
            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• The front page logout issue should be fixed, the site should also be (slightly) more stable with (slightly) fewer long load times. We'll keep debugging it and keep you posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

I have had zero issues with the search tool when I use it. Anyone else who is having issues?
                I was having issues previously but just spent a few minutes utilizing it and it worked great.

Comment

• Someone had mentioned increasing the number of posts per page, and I figured out how to change that (sorry if it was resolved already).

1. Hit the dropdown at the top of the page under you username
                  2. Go to 'User Settings'
                  3. Go to the 'Account' tab
                  4. Find 'Conversation Detail Options' --> 'Posts Per Page'
                  5. Change it to '30 posts per page' if you like to do less page-turning

It will NOT allow you to save '40 posts per page' for some reason. Perhaps our theme or version of vBulletin can't handle it or doesn't allow it for some reason. But 30 per page is better than 15, imo

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                    Someone had mentioned increasing the number of posts per page, and I figured out how to change that (sorry if it was resolved already).

2. Go to 'User Settings'

It will NOT allow you to save '40 posts per page' for some reason. Perhaps our theme or version of vBulletin can't handle it or doesn't allow it for some reason. But 30 per page is better than 15, imo
                    Thanks for the info. I had tried 40 and it didn't work. I didn't bother checking the others.

Comment

• Testing again:

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/SlimiHendrix/status/1364410536901943301[/TWITTER]

Comment

• Hey Everyone,

Some more database configurations and updates were made. The front page might still be a little slow to load, but should be faster than it has been. Moving around the site should be back to normal. Nobody should be getting randomly logged out at this point. The site might not be totally free of internal server errors or bugs, but it should be nothing close to what it has been over the past week. We're going to keep making fixes over the next couple weeks, and then will lay out a roadmap for the added features and site improvements.

Comment

• Site has been running smoothly today. Thanks Lax and team for the continued updates.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Some more database configurations and updates were made. The front page might still be a little slow to load, but should be faster than it has been. Moving around the site should be back to normal. Nobody should be getting randomly logged out at this point. The site might not be totally free of internal server errors or bugs, but it should be nothing close to what it has been over the past week. We're going to keep making fixes over the next couple weeks, and then will lay out a roadmap for the added features and site improvements.

Great work guys!
                            Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

• Seems pretty normal for me in the speed of upload. Moving right along. Look forward to the continued improvements. Great work.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

I'm noticing improvements. Slow and steady wins the race.
                                Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

I'm noticing improvements. Slow and steady wins the race.
                                  Another improvement Id like to see implemented is you removing that god awful sig pic. Based Mullet Kid haunts my nightmares lol
                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

Another improvement Id like to see implemented is you removing that god awful sig pic. Based Mullet Kid haunts my nightmares lol
                                    You're just jealous because your wife won't let you grow yours back.

Comment

Someone had mentioned increasing the number of posts per page, and I figured out how to change that (sorry if it was resolved already).

2. Go to 'User Settings'

When I try this, I get "email address must match"
                                      Never changed my email addy...

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

When I try this, I get "email address must match"
                                        Never changed my email addy...
                                        For some reason, it will auto-fill your email or password line when you try to save the settings for post count. It’s like the page script populates one of those fields automatically whenever you try to save new user settings. I had that issue last week. Just make sure you clear the field when you try to save the settings.

Comment

For some reason, it will auto-fill your email or password line when you try to save the settings for post count. It’s like the page script populates one of those fields automatically whenever you try to save new user settings. I had that issue last week. Just make sure you clear the field when you try to save the settings.
                                          Figured it out.

I hit "Save" without noticing the auto-filled email field.
                                          Tried to remove, and save again - couldn't get it to work - still (even when blank)
                                          I killed my session, opened a new tab, tried again (removing the auto-fill) before hitting save - #worked

Love troubleshooting, sometimes.

Comment

• Pro tip:

I use dark reader chrome extension for (almost) all webpages out there. I just flipped it off to see what the new IE looks like without it (not great). Strongly encourage chrome users to give it a shot if not already using.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jfekhnkhdbieeh

Comment

• Will multi-quote be coming back?
                                              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Pro tip:

I use dark reader chrome extension for (almost) all webpages out there. I just flipped it off to see what the new IE looks like without it (not great). Strongly encourage chrome users to give it a shot if not already using.

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                Will multi-quote be coming back?
                                                You mean like this?

It's kind of annoying but with vBulletin5 you have to hit quote on the posts you want to quote, click "Post Reply" (it's in the page and search bar that moves with your screen as you scroll through the thread) at the top of the page, and it will put both quotes in your post for you.
                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                    Will multi-quote be coming back?
                                                    Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

You mean like this?

It's kind of annoying but with vBulletin5 you have to hit quote on the posts you want to quote, click "Post Reply" (it's in the page and search bar that moves with your screen as you scroll through the thread) at the top of the page, and it will put both quotes in your post for you.
                                                    Got it.

Thank you sir

Comment

• So can TikTok be embeded?

Comment

So can TikTok be embeded?
                                                        Assking the real questions.

Comment

So can TikTok be embeded?
                                                          You want China to get all our info or something?

Comment

• Parler embeds for the patriots on here???
                                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Can you add a delete button? So the poster can delete their own comment.
                                                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                Can you add a delete button? So the poster can delete their own comment.
                                                                You should be able to by editing your post and then selecting delete.

Capture.GIF

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

You should be able to by editing your post and then selecting delete.

Capture.GIF
                                                                  Sweet thanks I completely over looked that.
                                                                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofOahu View Post

Assking the real questions.
                                                                    Yup, absolutely. Found a hilarious vid and tried to post it in the awesome vid thread. First time trying to embed TT, and didn't work.
                                                                    Here it is if you want a good chuckle.
                                                                    https://www.tiktok.com/@lifeofbeckha...&is_copy_url=0

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

You want China to get all our info or something?
                                                                    Biden says China is our friend, and never a threat. Biden never lies. IE needs to get with the program like the NBA.

Comment

• What's the best way to post a pic? I used the "image" function from the comment toolbar, then selected the "upload " tab and put in the file location from my desktop. I got an error message stating I didn't have permission. Is this supposed to work or is it restricted on purpose?

Comment

• I hit pic button, added url, and unchecked the box below. Seemed to work ok. If you have a pic on your cpu. go to Upload> choose from file> send to server> ok. If you want to edit your phot after posting, you choose Edit> pic button> then edit image properties.

img upload.JPG

Comment

• I changed some permissions for users that should allow for people to upload picture attachments from their desktop, though size is limited.

Comment

Pro tip:

Greatest IE post ever. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• Got to admit the black background instead of the whit is way easier on my eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                                I hit pic button, added url, and unchecked the box below. Seemed to work ok. If you have a pic on your cpu. go to Upload> choose from file> send to server> ok. If you want to edit your phot after posting, you choose Edit> pic button> then edit image properties.
                                                                                I'll try that. Since that option isn't on the "upload" tab, I thought that was only applicable to images where you're using a url.

Thanks

Comment

I changed some permissions for users that should allow for people to upload picture attachments from their desktop, though size is limited.
                                                                                  Can you share the limit ?

Comment

Can you share the limit ?
                                                                                    Just set the upload limit to 2.5MB

Should cover most pictures unless they are fairly large.

Comment

• Can we use .gifs for Avatars yet? BeauBenken my pic you made is a little off since the move and I want to move to the one above lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

Can we use .gifs for Avatars yet? BeauBenken my pic you made is a little off since the move and I want to move to the one above lol
                                                                                        I don't think I made your pic. lol

But we currently have gifs disabled as avatars as that might be a bit hectic of a scene.

I would recommend uploading your current avatar again and it should resize it appropriately.

Comment

Just set the upload limit to 2.5MB

Should cover most pictures unless they are fairly large.
                                                                                          thank you sir.

I also vote for gifs as avatars lol.

Comment

• Hope this site gets back to how it was, quickly.
                                                                                            I used to be D-BOE34 but I can't login for some reason. Will someone donate some vBucks?

Comment

• Originally posted by DONALDIII View Post
                                                                                              Hope this site gets back to how it was, quickly.
                                                                                              Response time needs a lot of improvement, but other than that, I'm good with it.

Comment

• We are continuing to have some sporadic server/database issues, but they are being looked into. It stinks because all of had been saying how well the site ran for the last week or so and then on the weekend it decided to just begin spazzing out.

Comment

• Is it the server the site is on now that is causing issues?

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                                                                    Is it the server the site is on now that is causing issues?
                                                                                                    The server itself might be playing a role, but right now what's happening is that there is something wrong with the database that is causing the server to basically get caught in a loop or otherwise inundated with calls to the point where it can't process all of them. Could be some of the plug ins and changes we started making after the site was stable for a week. At this point all we know is that the database keeps having the same two errors where it times out.

We're going to go beyond the guy we hired to make the initial site changes and hire a database expert to investigate and fix the problem.

Comment

• Good idea. Databases can be tricky and need to be tuned regularly.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X