Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Testing New Website

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    How the hell did y'all make the website look even older? lol

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
      How the hell did y'all make the website look even older? lol
      It looks to be just a default vBulletin theme. Honestly I think it looks slicker and more advanced, but not exactly pleasing to the eye and it doesn't have anything Irish in it currently. Give them time to create a new theme and get the banners up and everything.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
        How the hell did y'all make the website look even older? lol
        Patience grass hopper. Lol Just be glad we can all talk about the team we love to cheer for.

        Good work Admins.
        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

        Comment


        • #19
          Good job Mike. The task you undertook was not easy.

          Posters.....I would imagine there are a number of configuration/functionality options/settings that still need to be worked on.
          Last edited by Irish#1; 02-15-2021, 08:06 AM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
            How the hell did y'all make the website look even older? lol
            I miss the look of the old site too. I'll be seeing what I can do to make this place look a bit more like home.
            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

            Comment


            • #21
              Is this a Pitt Panthers board now?
              What did Davonte do?

              Comment


              • #22
                I can't get the site to accept any of my images as an acceptable format. Just gonna be an avatar-less rando now

                Comment


                • #23
                  I don't want to sound too critical but I hate it. I know this is temporary but the old front page needs to come back please.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    We are fully aware that the color scheme is totally fucked. We'll be working on that and like a hundred other things this week.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Please be patient gents. Clashmore put in a herculean effort to get us here and there is much more to do. There is still much to import from the old site and much more to do in formatting and setting up.
                      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                        Please be patient gents. Clashmore put in a herculean effort to get us here and there is much more to do. There is still much to import from the old site and much more to do in formatting and setting up.
                        Thank you for keeping us updated. At least we know what’s going on.
                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Hey everyone,

                          As you all know there have been some MAJOR changes to the forums. The old version of vbulletin had been at its end of life since sometime around 2010, which means there has been no support for it or any of the addons that had been installed since then. Our plan was always to update the version of vbulletin on the site, and our hand was forced into doing that before we had everything up and running after the site was transferred to us. It took longer than any of us wanted it to, and I spent more time yesterday watching the installer install and then upgrade every alpha/beta/final release of every version of vbulletin from 3.7.4 to our current state of 5.6.4 than I really care to admit. Along with these upgrades, every mod or add on that had been installed were disabled and removed from the site, as they were not going to be supported by this version. Included in that is all of the formatting/color schemes that we are all used to seeing as well as the front page the Beau maintained the past few years. As you can see now, the site looks 100% better than when it first went live last night around midnight. Beau has done a good job doing that on the fly while getting used to the new software. We are working on a front page that will load like it used to, and that will be up sometime today. Thank you all for your patience so far, it has been a somewhat tedious and frustrating process for all of us, but we are finally (fingers crossed) on the other side of it now.

                          Thanks,

                          clash

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Mike, I'd rep you if I could.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                              Hey everyone,

                              As you all know there have been some MAJOR changes to the forums. The old version of vbulletin had been at its end of life since sometime around 2010, which means there has been no support for it or any of the addons that had been installed since then. Our plan was always to update the version of vbulletin on the site, and our hand was forced into doing that before we had everything up and running after the site was transferred to us. It took longer than any of us wanted it to, and I spent more time yesterday watching the installer install and then upgrade every alpha/beta/final release of every version of vbulletin from 3.7.4 to our current state of 5.6.4 than I really care to admit. Along with these upgrades, every mod or add on that had been installed were disabled and removed from the site, as they were not going to be supported by this version. Included in that is all of the formatting/color schemes that we are all used to seeing as well as the front page the Beau maintained the past few years. As you can see now, the site looks 100% better than when it first went live last night around midnight. Beau has done a good job doing that on the fly while getting used to the new software. We are working on a front page that will load like it used to, and that will be up sometime today. Thank you all for your patience so far, it has been a somewhat tedious and frustrating process for all of us, but we are finally (fingers crossed) on the other side of it now.

                              Thanks,

                              clash
                              BTW guys, Mike has been taking care of most of these things for our new collection of owners. He's probably the savviest one of us when it comes to servers, maintenance, etc. So shout out to him for busting his ass this past week.
                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                Mike, I'd rep you if I could.
                                Ok, let me see if I can find out how to enable that


                                edit:
                                reputation points have also been eliminated in vb5 without adding a mod. You can like my post for the time being though.:)
                                Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-15-2021, 11:19 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X