Testing New Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing New Website

Don't mind me, just seeing what new bells and whistles we have now.

ulukinatme

(Looks like the @ functionality is there, but I'm not getting notifications yet. Not worried about it, probably just needs some tweaking. I've been looking at my notification settings)

[Edit] We figured it out last night of course, it was a notification setting. The @ is giving a notification now when someone pings you in a thread! Awesome.

Auto Embed?

Doesn't look like it, but there's a Video link button now:

Looks like the Video link button supports Youtube (Long and Short), Facebook (New and Legacy), Hulu, Vimeo, DailyMotion, Metacafe, and Google it says. Nice!
    Last edited by ulukinatme; 02-15-2021, 04:43 PM.

Oh shit! We can upload pictures right from the Image button now! That's super convenient.

[EDIT] Hmmm, looks like there's a hard cap of 50 Bytes on image uploads, which seems incredibly small. Might be something that can be tweaked by admins.
    Last edited by ulukinatme; 02-15-2021, 12:05 AM.

Comment

This is going to take some getting use to! Welcome to 2021 everyone!
      GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Also looks like everyone is vbroke now!
        GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
          This is going to take some getting use to! Welcome to 2021 everyone!
          They're still working on the configuration, but at least we're working again!

As far as vBucks, they were breaking the old site anyway. Inflation was out of control! Some point when people starting getting to a googolplex amount of vBucks the betting would crash lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

They're still working on the configuration, but at least we're working again!

As far as vBucks, they were breaking the old site anyway. Inflation was out of control! Some point when people starting getting to a googolplex amount of vBucks the betting would crash lol.
            Okay so are we starting over or not bringing that function back? If not I will just be stuck lurking all the time!
            GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bkess8 View Post

Okay so are we starting over or not bringing that function back? If not I will just be stuck lurking all the time!
              No idea, vBucks may have been deprecated in later versions of vBulletin, or maybe it's just something that needs to be turned on in the new site.

Also, I did get a notification when you Quoted me, which is cool! Nice heads up feature that we've been lacking:

I just gotta figure out why the @ isn't firing off a notification.

Comment

Someone @ me, testing something.

Comment

ulukinatme test test

Comment

Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                    ulukinatme test test
                    Ok, cool, it did work that time. Once I turned them on in my notifications I got the pop up on the main forum page. Thanks!

Comment

So going to https://www.irishenvy.com/ doesn't work, seems as if only irishenvy.com/forums/ is working

Comment

testing youtube and gif

youtube link/url
                        https://youtu.be/gvvYMxV6TmI

youtube embed code
                        <iframe width="962" height="541" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gvvYMxV6TmI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gif
                        https://64.media.tumblr.com/0acffc22...i0co6_400.gifv

gif
                        tumblr_pgb888Nidc1sk9i0co2_500.gif
                        Last edited by Irish YJ; 02-15-2021, 12:36 AM.
                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

So going to https://www.irishenvy.com/ doesn't work, seems as if only irishenvy.com/forums/ is working
                          They were mostly interested in just getting the board back up and functional after the transition I'm guessing. May take some more work to make a new homepage.

Comment

yeah i got in through an old bookmark, then navigating to other forums. FP still not working.

Comment

Owners/mods.
                              I'm heading to the pillow soon, but happy to help test tomorrow if you want to supply a list of scenarios/tasks. I see the version is still pretty limited, so if you want to provide version number I can figure out the limitations and test the relevant aspects. I also have a few guys that are pros and can perhaps bounce things off if you're stuck.

Comment

Working...
                              X